• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A gem?

Years
  • Hey guys. ive just started collecting again to help me relive my childhood XD. Im just collecting japanese cards atm so i brought a job lot of 350 cards from ebay. When they arrived i found a card in the stack but i had no idea what it was. After alittle research ive come to the conclution that its a neo 4, triple star promo Mew. Is this a rare card as i cant find any info on it anywere. The only picture ive found of it online is from pojo.com. So if anyone else could give me alittle more info on the card that would be great.

R*

-Edit: Now uploaded the picture

09052010171055.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's probably a Shining Mewtwo, and it's not a promo... it's one of the first secret rares. There is no Shining Mew from that set... get a pic ASAP, please, and PM it to a member who is active in this section that has 15 or more posts if you can't get 15 posts quick enough.

Years
  • Here's the card:

09052010171055.jpg

If you ask me, it looks like a fake, but I don't know my Japanese cards. Is it smaller than the English cards you have? If so, it might be a fake. It could also be a promo based on it's foil pattern.

Years
  • Here's the card:

09052010171055.jpg

If you ask me, it looks like a fake, but I don't know my Japanese cards. Is it smaller than the English cards you have? If so, it might be a fake. It could also be a promo based on it's foil pattern.

I was wondering if it was a fake when i first got it. However ive compared it to a known fake that i own and it looks to well made to be a counterfit. The colours are bright and vivid and the holo looks genuine too. If it is a fake then theve done a darn fine job XD Thanks for your help anyway dude, its greatley appreciated. If anyone else has any info on the card let me know. I realy want to know when and for what this card was prduced.

R*

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I don't know what this is off the top of my head, but it's extremely rare for fake card-producers to make up their own image for a card, it's probably 100% scanning, so it seems unlikely for it to be a fake. Could be a promo, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Ok, it's a Japanese CoroCoro magazine promo from 2001. Apparently it was obtainable through buying this specific issue of CoroCoro in Japan, much like the "W"-stamped promos that came in Dualist and Top Deck magazines from '99-'01 in North America. It's hard to tell what it's worth, from the completed listings on Ebay I can tell you one went for $41CAN, one for $26CAN, and another for only $10CAN, so I don't know.

Here's the bulbapedia article:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shining_Mew_(CoroCoro_promo)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know what this is off the top of my head, but it's extremely rare for fake card-producers to make up their own image for a card, it's probably 100% scanning, so it seems unlikely for it to be a fake. Could be a promo, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Ok, it's a Japanese CoroCoro magazine promo from 2001. Apparently it was obtainable through buying this specific issue of CoroCoro in Japan, much like the "W"-stamped promos that came in Dualist and Top Deck magazines from '99-'01 in North America. It's hard to tell what it's worth, from the completed listings on Ebay I can tell you one went for $41CAN, one for $26CAN, and another for only $10CAN, so I don't know.

Here's the bulbapedia article:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shining_Mew_(CoroCoro_promo)

Thats so awesome of you to find that out! Thank you so much :) From that information it proberbley means its the rarest card in my collection.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    No problem, yeah it's a really nice card, one of the most beautiful for sure and not very well-known.

Back