PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Alternative
June 5th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I went to the RP corner once, and I didn't like it at all. There's so many tl;dr posts there. I might give it a go again if I don't have to write essays all the time. As for minecraft, as soon as I get a better graphics card, I'll play it more. :) And challenges, are postponed for now, but I'll most likely be taking up my Solo and Nuzlocke again when I start taking them again. Body can wait it's turn. :P

Sydian
June 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Happy Birthday to the challenges area, One of the best places on PC :)

Thanks, person that randomly posts a challenge idea and disappears from here for about two months! lol

Masuda method and speech class are distracting me. The only PC challenge I'm doing is my favorite challenge, and even then it's boring me, cause I just don't wanna grind. Curse me for having weak favorites. D; That in mind though 560, you don't have to finish your favorite challenge, since that's on Platinum. The favorite challenge is BW only now. :x

Enigma
June 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just 4 more daaaaaays. Then I can do challenges all day! lol
I feel kind of accomplished today. Did quite a few solos this weekend. I'm up to 25/151 now. :D That, and I decided to try my hand at doing all of the Ultimate Monotype Challenges too. Needless to say, I'm going to be quite busy during the summer, challenge-wise.

vaporeon7
June 6th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I might do a grass monotype on Sapphire. Also I wish I knew how to RNG. Also PC on the 3DS ftw!

Gymnotide
June 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Might make this real. It's just another Nuzlocke. Documenting this here.
Set the battle mode on Set (you cannot switch after you defeat an enemy).
Do not capture any Pokemon if you do not have an empty slot in your team.
Defeat all legendaries. That's right. Defeat them.
Capture only one Pokemon per route / area. This Pokemon must be the first one encountered, even if you already have it. If you fail to capture it, you cannot capture anymore Pokemon in that area.
Nickname all captured Pokemon.
No deleting HMs. Ever.
Do not use items other than X-items and assorted Poke Balls. Heal Balls are okay.
To heal, you must use the Pokemon Center. Follow these steps:
Before healing, count the number of injured Pokemon (Pokemon that are not at max HP, even if it's just 1 damage; Pokemon that have a harmful status).
Purchase items from the PokeMart equal to the number of injured Pokemon:
0 Badges: Free
1 Badge: Buy Potions
3 Badges: Buy Super Potions
5 Badges: Buy Hyper Potions
7 Badges: Buy Max Potions
8 Badges: Buy Full Restores
Do not under any circumstances use these potions.
If you don't have enough money, suck it up and get some.
Do not ever use a Nurse / Doctor NPC to heal more than once. Do not use the optional lodgings.
Only box a Pokemon that is fully healed. If it isn't, then consider it dead. Release it. If healing is too expensive, you can kill off your Pokemon to cheapen the cost for the rest of your party.
If a Pokemon faints, it dies. Release it.
All Pokemon faint? Game over. Restart.

X8D
June 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Have seen all of those before

Gymnotide
June 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Have seen all of those before

Me?

It's a Nuzlocke so it follows similar rules to all other Nuzlockes. I just put down which extra rules I wanted to have. You're supposed to do them all at once.

X8D
June 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
it's not really a different challenge than Nuzlocke,just a xtremer version

Alternative
June 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
No one said it was any different to a Nuzlocke challenge. All he said was that those are the rules he wanted to follow, with the main, and optional rules, which I think is a good reference for when he decides to take it in the future.

Although when I started my Nuzlocke, I read one of the rules as you're only allowed to catch one Pokemon in every area, not the first one you see. Since that's what the rule said in the thread, I'm sticking to it.

jespoke
June 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yay for me passing English with a 12 at my exam today :D

Danish grades system (obviously from bad to good :D): -3, 00, 02, 4, 7, 10, 12
(Zero and minus in front imply that the grade sucks :P)

Darksualc
June 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
@jespoke: Gratz on your grade. I'm from Denmark as well so I know the grades ;)

On an other note I'm getting tired of people not updating in the Scambled challenge :tired: since I don't want to double post to tell that I finished it.

Zeus2398
June 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
@Jespoke well done, you did well even if I don't know the grades.

@Darksualc just edit to say your finished :P, but make it noticeable.

Porygon Z
June 10th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Hiya guys, finally back! School's over, I'm working now, but I still have some free time.
And, I'm back with a purpose for a new challenge!

The Underestimate's Challenge

This challenge gives you the possibility to use Pokèmon that are underestimated, to say, Dunsparce, Shuckle, and similar. Obviously you can use your common sense to choose the ones to use, just avoid using things like Charizard, Mewtwo and others.
Maybe I'll provide a list made by myself of all the Pokèmon to choose, then it's your choice (if you like), or you can still have an inspiration from that, and then add some personal choices, out of the list.
So here are the rules!

1. You can use only Pokèmon that are, like the title says, underestimated. (List under the rules, if it will be)
2. Obviously, no Legendaries. You can still catch them, if you like.
3. Hacking is allowed before you get your second Gym Badge.
4. Egg trading is allowed.
5. HM Slaves are also allowed.
6. You defeat the game according the following conditions:
- R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/E/D/P/B/W: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion.
- FR/LG/Pt: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice.
- HG/SS: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice, and also Red.
- Colosseum/XD: Finish the main story (Someone help me with this, just to point the
finishing line).

What do you say?

Sydian
June 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Sounds good to me. I might try it...lmao my lazy arse might try it. Like that means anything. :(

- Colosseum/XD: Finish the main story (Someone help me with this, just to point the
finishing line).

So for Colosseum...you can use...practically anything! -shot-

Alternative
June 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
It seems like a nice challenge, but you'd probably need to compile a list of all the Pokemon which are considered underestimated, since people could go by like, NU standards in competitive battling, which is where Pokemon like Charizard and Exeggutor are.

jdthebud
June 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM
It seems like a nice challenge, but you'd probably need to compile a list of all the Pokemon which are considered underestimated, since people could go by like, NU standards in competitive battling, which is where Pokemon like Charizard and Exeggutor are.
Actually, Exeggutor is UU, but whatever. A list is needed, and people can suggest ones that aren't there, so you can add more as needed.

Eeveé
June 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
any ideas how to beat red on ss doing a solo with heracross lances lv48 charizard is ridiculasly hard to beat since im using a power bracer it out speeds me and air slash almost always a crit. hit and amkes me flinch how the hell am i going to beat red any ideas

yes im going to unequipt his item before the battle despite that he will probably still be lower

i still have a few gym badges to go(4) and heracross is level 87
what move set should i use
thinking of
brick break
aerial ace
stone edge(to replace its current mega horn)
either shadow claw or earthquake

oh yeah can you use other pokemon to switch out and heal as long as they dont attack

jdthebud
June 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
any ideas how to beat red on ss doing a solo with heracross lances lv48 charizard is ridiculasly hard to beat since im using a power bracer it out speeds me and air slash almost always a crit. hit and amkes me flinch how the hell am i going to beat red any ideas

yes im going to unequipt his item before the battle despite that he will probably still be lower

i still have a few gym badges to go(4) and heracross is level 87
what move set should i use
thinking of
brick break
aerial ace
stone edge(to replace its current mega horn)
either shadow claw or earthquake

oh yeah can you use other pokemon to switch out and heal as long as they dont attack
Well, using slaves to heal is fine, although I try not to do that. Against Red, though it might be needed.

Also, keep Megahorn (its more powerful than Aerial Ace even when resisted), replace Aerial Ace with Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Rock Slide will OHKO Charizard, so it's the better option against Red with it's higher accuracy and PP), and EQ is decent (no Shadow Claw for Red, but you can use it in the interim for ghosts), but Swords Dance is a great move there too, as EQ isn't really needed for coverage, and it will let you sweep Red without worrying about not OHKOing anybody as long as you outspeed them. Also, Close Combat should be in your final moveset, BB is good for now b/c of PP issues.

I assume you are in Kanto already, so I dunno why you are fighting Lance again...use the power bracer on low level Pokemon, although you should have max EVs by now.

as for an item, I would equip Leftovers against Red to counteract the Hail so you don't die from it.

スティブ
June 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hiya guys, finally back! School's over, I'm working now, but I still have some free time.
And, I'm back with a purpose for a new challenge!

The Underestimate's Challenge

This challenge gives you the possibility to use Pokèmon that are underestimated, to say, Dunsparce, Shuckle, and similar. Obviously you can use your common sense to choose the ones to use, just avoid using things like Charizard, Mewtwo and others.
Maybe I'll provide a list made by myself of all the Pokèmon to choose, then it's your choice (if you like), or you can still have an inspiration from that, and then add some personal choices, out of the list.
So here are the rules!

1. You can use only Pokèmon that are, like the title says, underestimated. (List under the rules, if it will be)
2. Obviously, no Legendaries. You can still catch them, if you like.
3. Hacking is allowed before you get your second Gym Badge.
4. Egg trading is allowed.
5. HM Slaves are also allowed.
6. You defeat the game according the following conditions:
- R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/E/D/P/B/W: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion.
- FR/LG/Pt: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice.
- HG/SS: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice, and also Red.
finishing line).

What do you say?

Why isn't GSC's finishing point Red too?Anyways sounds nice

chaos11011
June 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Porygon Z, that reminds me of the Never Used challenge we had in PC a while ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGES, NOW EVERY MEMBER HAS TO COMPLETE A CHALLENGE WITHIN 24 HOURS! *shot*

Oh yeah, long time no see plox

Enigma
June 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGES, NOW EVERY MEMBER HAS TO COMPLETE A CHALLENGE WITHIN 24 HOURS! *shot*

Psh, not so hard. x3
In other news...I am so tired of R/B/Y now. I've played it 26 times (I've currently completed 26/151 solos) over the course of a few months. I really want to go play my Flying Monotype on Crystal right now, but I also want to get these solos done asap. Indecision! D:

スティブ
June 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Psh, not so hard. x3
In other news...I am so tired of R/B/Y now. I've played it 26 times (I've currently completed 26/151 solos) over the course of a few months. I really want to go play my Flying Monotype on Crystal right now, but I also want to get these solos done asap. Indecision! D:

Are you trying every mon?Why don't you exclude legends?

Sydian
June 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Take a break. Don't get burnt out. XD I probably need a break too, since I only seem to be playing BW.

Enigma
June 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Are you trying every mon?Why don't you exclude legends?
I'm soloing R/B/Y with all of the original 151 Pokemon. I already did the legends, it's just the Pokemon that don't evolve that make it a little more...bleh. There's no everstone for them to hold (you can't even hold items in those games anyway), so I have to be super careful with the B button when I'm trying to grind.
Yeah...that and redundancy is terrible. I did one solo yesterday (Vulpix) and afterwards, I felt like I didn't want to play that game for a very long time...and my goal is to complete them all by the end of the summer break.

myrrhman
June 13th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Oh hey, I'm back after a month or so...

Many things have been going on, including but not limited to:

Me getting a job
Me going on vacation to Charelston
My girlfriend getting a super awesome job, where she basically gets to travel the US and get free travel, meals, and hotels. And she gets paid to watch little kids while their parents are at conventions. ON TOP OF THAT she gets to take someone with her (wouldn't want employees to get lonely, would we) so I'm with her going to Alaska and Hawaii and places. Not gonna lie, its pretty awesome.
My trivia team getting invited to the trivia championships and getting 3rd place (worth $500 split 4 ways).
A friend and I getting every single artifact on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's a whole bunch of grinding. At the end, we were getting like one artifact every two hours of gameplay. It was ridiculous.
Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

So, as you can see, I've had a pretty full summer so far. But, hopefully I'll be able to get back to my Pokemon playing. I've started working on an old fashioned Catch 'em All challenge for Blue. I have at least the basic form of every obtainable Pokemon in the game, now I have to play through Red a few times to get Blastoise/Charizard, Vaporeon/Flareon, and the Version Exclusives. Then I just have to grind grind grind and I'll be done!

スティブ
June 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Great for you!Here in Brazil it's winter so it isn't very nice.

myrrhman
June 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
The sad thing is that I enjoy winter more than summer. Its my favorite season.

Enigma
June 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Oh hey, I'm back after a month or so...

Many things have been going on, including but not limited to:

Me getting a job
Me going on vacation to Charelston
My girlfriend getting a super awesome job, where she basically gets to travel the US and get free travel, meals, and hotels. And she gets paid to watch little kids while their parents are at conventions. ON TOP OF THAT she gets to take someone with her (wouldn't want employees to get lonely, would we) so I'm with her going to Alaska and Hawaii and places. Not gonna lie, its pretty awesome.
My trivia team getting invited to the trivia championships and getting 3rd place (worth $500 split 4 ways).
A friend and I getting every single artifact on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's a whole bunch of grinding. At the end, we were getting like one artifact every two hours of gameplay. It was ridiculous.
Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

So, as you can see, I've had a pretty full summer so far. But, hopefully I'll be able to get back to my Pokemon playing. I've started working on an old fashioned Catch 'em All challenge for Blue. I have at least the basic form of every obtainable Pokemon in the game, now I have to play through Red a few times to get Blastoise/Charizard, Vaporeon/Flareon, and the Version Exclusives. Then I just have to grind grind grind and I'll be done!

You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant

jespoke
June 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Welcome back Myrrh :D
I hope my summer (with officially starts Friday even though I've only had 2 exams + 1 last Thursday to do this month :P) becomes so cool too. Just not so busy i guess (Cant stand being busy -.-)

myrrhman
June 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM
You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant

I sort of wish I wasn't doing much. I really wanted to just chill and play video games most of the summer, probably with my best friend (the one who beat FF:CC with me), but no. Maybe the second half of my summer will be less busy than the first half.

chaos11011
June 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM

Cool, a fellow Brazilian :V

Winter is pretty dull, can't wait till December where I can doing a billion (and one) challenges

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 05:45 AM
a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Well a "catch all 646" Pokemon would be weird, since that's just completing the Pokedex, which is pretty much the end aim of the game anyway, so I don't see a point in making it a seperate challenge. Feel free to make it a personal challenge if you want to. :]

myrrhman
June 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?

jespoke
June 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Alpha fan was that speed run for Guinness right? I can join if the time zone gap is not to big of a deal :) (GTM +1 here) I have Skype but no AIM :I

Porygon Z
June 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Why isn't GSC's finishing point Red too?Anyways sounds nice

Oh yeah, you're right! So let it be also for G/S/C.
Then, I'll be opening the thread right now, and I'll make my own list for all you guys to use, and, if you want to add/remove something, just tell it, we can decide together.

Sydian
June 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?

People still use AIM? :[ It's gonna be hard to snatch people use for AIM when hardly anyone seems to use it now. You outta consider getting an MSN.

a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

659? THERE ARE NEW POKEMON ALREADY?! lmao But yeah, like Alt said, that could be more of a personal challenge. The thing with huge challenges like that is just, the updating would be difficult to contain in a thread. Suits more for your PC blog, or Tumblr.

I don't wanna keep on hackin btw...

And all this summer talk lol. I wish I was having a summer. I have speech this month, math next, band camp in August, then starting fall semester with 14 hours. Like...Lord save me. I don't know how I can fit a job in there, but I need one desperately. Y'all hiring?

Oh. Also. I've hatched over 1000 Petilil and still no shiny. However, I have saved all the Modest and Timid Petilil with Own Tempo. If anyone would like one, I'd be happy to trade'em. That's why I saved them, lol.

Exile
June 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Myrrh, this is an intervention. You need to move on from the outdated AIM and indulge yourself in a world of amazing by downloading and using MSN. Syd, myself and most of the other challengers use MSN, so it's sort of a necessary communication tool if we want to have a great challenge event for GT8.

Also happy birthday to challenges! /needs to be more active here

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN
Sydian's going to love this :D :

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

EDIT: I just realized this was kinda rude, and I don't mean that at all, I was just explaining why some people such as myself can't use MSN for all things, and the second part was a playful response to your last post :D

Sydian
June 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN

But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.
I mean they're for different uses and i don't want my rom hacking and challenges people on them... I use MSN and I love it, same with skype, but they're for different things and I can't mix them.
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Sydian
June 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD

I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.

RHIOneAlbum
June 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol

Zorua
June 14th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Because I love Syd, I'm going to post in here and also wish Challenges a happy birthday(or he could be trolling me, either way).

lu syd. ♥ Even though I like, very rarely post here lmao.

edit: how the heck do you remember the exact day the challenges forum was created? xD

Sydian
June 14th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol

Aww, thanks. XD

edit: how the heck do you remember the exact day the challenges forum was created? xD

BECAUSE IT'S MY BABY. No, I'm actually going by the date the rules thread was posted, which was June 1st. But the forum was invisible at the time. Didn't become open to the public til I got back from a trip. Although, Nica managed to find this forum somehow, and she has the second post in this thread...

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Exactly. How bad would it be if you forgot when your baby was born? That'd be really weirdif you ask me.

Exile
June 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Exactly. How bad would it be if you forgot when your baby was born? That'd be really weirdif you ask me.

My friend's parents forgot his birthday and it's more irresponsible than wierd.

To make this post relevant to challenges, I am watching over the Nuzlocke thread, even if I haven't updated or posted there in forever. I swear.

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
That reminds me, I should totally try and get back into my Nuzlocke again anyway. I beat Flannery, who was easy as putting out a fire (pun intended) and then got called a noob or something and stopped playing it.

Sydian
June 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Wait, lmao WHAT. Who called you a noob? OHHHH YOU BEA FLANNERY YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB. Like wtf, how is that supposed to be some kinda insult?

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Idk I think it's Brendan being sexist as always. You walk out the gym and he's like "here have some goggles" and stuff, and then he says something like unlike you your father is actually tough because you're a woman and so forth.

Enigma
June 14th, 2011, 10:42 PM

You know I'm up for it! :) Just not specifically right at this very moment, since I'm kind of on a challenge-break. (My 151 solos have my brain fried)

myrrhman
June 15th, 2011, 07:08 AM
@Syd: But, but, I love my AIM! I know how to navigate it so well and we've grown up together! I don't wanna move on!

In all seriousness, though, I'd be perfectly fine with getting a MSN. I think I might have one maybe at some point, I could probably remember the username and password since I only have like 3 usernames and 3 passwords ever. Honestly, its whatever the most people want.

So, RHI, jespoke, jd, chaos, what do you guys think? What do you guys use the most?

jespoke
June 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
None actually, i have MSN because of my e-mail being Hotmail, and skype for this kind of situation, but ive never used either of them :I

jdthebud
June 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I think that msn might be better for all involved, as I use Skype with my real identity, and not a anonymous one. I actually wouldn't have a problem using skype for this, but others might :|

Anyway, my skype is broken right now, so msn would be the way to go for me right now anyway, lol.

also Myrrhman, I have aim as well, since I started using the internet with AOL way back when dinos roamed the earth I was a kid with my parents - my mom still uses AOL! (not AOL online, the actual program, with the browser and everything!) However, I haven't used it since the open browsers started coming on strong.

I really don't see much difference between one IM service and the other (besides Skype, which is a whole other animal), but more people have msn then something like aim, so...

And I guess I'm a member of Alpha Fan now.

myrrhman
June 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
None actually, i have MSN because of my e-mail being Hotmail, and skype for this kind of situation, but ive never used either of them :I
rofl. I'm in the exact same boat. I've got hotmail, and I think I have logged onto MSN maybe once
I think that msn might be better for all involved, as I use Skype with my real identity, and not a anonymous one. I actually wouldn't have a problem using skype for this, but others might :|

Anyway, my skype is broken right now, so msn would be the way to go for me right now anyway, lol.

also Myrrhman, I have aim as well, since I started using the internet with AOL way back when the earth was formed I was a kid with my parents - my mom still uses AOL! (not AOL online, the actual program, with the browser and everything!) However, I haven't used it since the open browsers started coming on strong.

I really don't see much difference between one IM service and the other (besides Skype, which is a whole other animal), but more people have msn then something like aim, so...

And I guess I'm a member of Alpha Fan now.
MSN or Skype will work for me too. I fixed your little crossed out bit. It sounds like we're going to do MSN, then!

In other news, my personal "Ultimate Catch 'em All" Challenge is going aight. Just beat Falkner with a Pidgey and Totodile. I'm so pumped to get the first two of my party, Abra and Machop. then all i'll need is a scyther

Exile
June 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Oh my god we're so close to getting Myrrh to finally obtain an MSN Handle. In other news, Leah the Sandslash in now Lv. 40 in my HeartGold Nuzlocke.

Sydian
June 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
@Syd: But, but, I love my AIM! I know how to navigate it so well and we've grown up together! I don't wanna move on!

In all seriousness, though, I'd be perfectly fine with getting a MSN. I think I might have one maybe at some point, I could probably remember the username and password since I only have like 3 usernames and 3 passwords ever. Honestly, its whatever the most people want.

Nothing wrong with having both. I actually have both. Hell, I have two AIMs (one was made to trick a friend though, actually lol). I just didn't have as many people on AIM, and I got MSN first, and I didn't like the lack of customization with AIM. Everything about it just felt...old. Only people I know irl seem to use it. idk what that's about. But yeah, I just never use AIM anymore, because more people have MSN, and I just generally like it better.

myrrhman
June 15th, 2011, 02:39 PM
It happened. I broke down and got it. I am now MSN-capable.

Also, having a male abra mate with a female machop is fun, because when it hatches, I have two Pokemon with all 3 punches.

EternalLoathing
June 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
What's Project Alpha Fan anyway?a Speed RUn?

Sydian
June 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Also, having a male abra mate with a female machop is fun, because when it hatches, I have two Pokemon with all 3 punches.

WHAT GENERATIONNNNN ;-; I want one! lol Oh and you should like add my MSN yeah. I think it's in my contact info on my profile.

What's Project Alpha Fan anyway?a Speed RUn?

Basically. Trying to beat the word record for the fastest time beating...whatever game you're trying to beat the record for, pretty much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only good at the weird, obscure challenges.

myrrhman
June 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
WHAT GENERATIONNNNN ;-; I want one! lol Oh and you should like add my MSN yeah. I think it's in my contact info on my profile.

Basically. Trying to beat the word record for the fastest time beating...whatever game you're trying to beat the record for, pretty much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only good at the weird, obscure challenges.
Why, Silver, of course.

Yeah, you all kinds of nailed it. We're getting Pokecommunity into Guinness Book of World Records: Video Game Edition.

Exile
June 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM
So, who's pumped for the Get Together event?

Also, just chiming in to say that the current record for Red is 1:59.

jdthebud
June 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the Speed Demos Archive (http://speeddemosarchive.com/) has videos of all the speed runs. Red/Blue is 1:59 segmented and 2:39 without saving. Yellow is 2:28 single segment, but there's no segmented video up there. R/S has a segmented but no single run.

As far as I know, Emerald is not on the site, nor are any Gen IV games.

Alternative
June 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
With this whole Project Alpha Fan thing, is it meant to be how fast you can do it in the real world, or how much game time you use, or are you allowed to use cheating programs to make the game go faster?

jdthebud
June 16th, 2011, 04:54 PM
With this whole Project Alpha Fan thing, is it meant to be how fast you can do it in the real world, or how much game time you use, or are you allowed to use cheating programs to make the game go faster?
no speeding, no cheating, and in-game time is the benchmark. Ofc, I am (somewhat) guessing here. Myrrh is the guy who formed the project, so he would know better.

myrrhman
June 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
no speeding, no cheating, and in-game time is the benchmark. Ofc, I am (somewhat) guessing here. Myrrh is the guy who formed the project, so he would know better.
Actually, I wasn't the person that originally formed Project Alpha Fan. ChrisTom was, although I did become one of the probable two main guys for this one, and the only one that tried to revive it and stuff.

But jd is right. Guinness: VG goes by in game times for speed runs, and you aren't allowed to use any cheating/hacking/speeding devices. I think that using an emulator is possibly all right still, but using the actual cartridge would be much easier honestly. We can still do practice runs on the emulators and stuff, and when we're ready for the final showing, we can just have one person use the actual cartridge. I'm sure one of us will have it. I'm actually pretty sure that one of my friends has a copy of Red that I can borrow.

Alternative
June 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I was wondering because I saw this one guy using some cheat device which pretty much cut down all the time there. Speeding through all the menus and text and things like that.

jespoke
June 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I thought it would be fun to try some other generations too, though controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard... I have a silver with working battery to show that off if we make it :)

Enigma
June 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard..

I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at controlling Running Shoes and Mach Bikes. xD

In other news, I think I'm actually going to resume doing some challenges tomorrow. Maybe get back to my 151 solos? :)

Impo
June 17th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I just accidentally deleted my Pearl save, so now I want to do a challenge on it. Does anyone have any ideas for it?

jdthebud
June 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I looked at the Sapphire run they have on the speed site, and he using the Mach Bike everywhere...ended up getting under two hours gametime, although if you read his notes, it took forever at certain places waiting for a critical hit or something, lol. And I have a working Blue cartridge, although I wonder how we are supposed to get a video of it.

chaos11011
June 17th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Myrrh, I'm in the mood for Alpha, is it R/B/Y only or are we doing every Gen?

I got have a MSN, but I only use it when I resister to other Forums :V

Don't have a Skype though, going to though if I need to do it for the Alpha Fan.

EDIT: iirc no one done a (official) Speed Run of Gen III - Gen V, so PC can be the first wielder of the record.

jespoke
June 17th, 2011, 05:46 AM
How do you make... wait, this can wait 'till we have somewhere else to stalk (Oops, i leave it because its funny :P *talk) than the Happy Birthday thread :/

myrrhman
June 17th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I thought it would be fun to try some other generations too, though controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard... I have a silver with working battery to show that off if we make it :)
My thinking is that we start with Blue, get really good with the process of doing Alpha Fan, and then once we for sure know what we're doing, we move on to other generations. I think we all agree that 1st Generation would be the easiest to do (no natures, no running shoes/Mach Bike, etc.)
Myrrh, I'm in the mood for Alpha, is it R/B/Y only or are we doing every Gen?

I got have a MSN, but I only use it when I resister to other Forums :V

Don't have a Skype though, going to though if I need to do it for the Alpha Fan.

EDIT: iirc no one done a (official) Speed Run of Gen III - Gen V, so PC can be the first wielder of the record.
Paragraph 1: See above
Paragraph 2-3: I think we're all going to use MSN. That seemed to be the most viable for everyone. VM/PM me your MSN email and I'll add you up.
Paragraph 4: See above. If nobody has set a record this long since the game has been out, I'm sure it can wait a bit longer. And plus, if we do it right, not only will we have the first record, but we'll have the record for a very, very long time.
How do you make... wait, this can wait 'till we have somewhere else to stalk (Oops, i leave it because its funny :P *talk) than the Happy Birthday thread :/
I agree. If everyone gets into this MSN group that I made, we can do it there. I was thinking of trying to have scheduled times that we can all meet. Otherwise... Actually, you know what? I have a better idea. Hold on a sec.

GFA
June 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'd like permission to reboot the Anime Challenge as the Character Challenge. The Anime Challenge is currently neglected, and by adding in other mediums, may see more, continuous traffic.

Exile
June 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
My thinking is that we start with Blue, get really good with the process of doing Alpha Fan, and then once we for sure know what we're doing, we move on to other generations. I think we all agree that 1st Generation would be the easiest to do (no natures, no running shoes/Mach Bike, etc.)

Paragraph 1: See above
Paragraph 2-3: I think we're all going to use MSN. That seemed to be the most viable for everyone. VM/PM me your MSN email and I'll add you up.
Paragraph 4: See above. If nobody has set a record this long since the game has been out, I'm sure it can wait a bit longer. And plus, if we do it right, not only will we have the first record, but we'll have the record for a very, very long time.

I agree. If everyone gets into this MSN group that I made, we can do it there. I was thinking of trying to have scheduled times that we can all meet. Otherwise... Actually, you know what? I have a better idea. Hold on a sec.

Feel like linking me to the Alpha Fan MSN group? And congrats on figuring out how to make a group that quickly. Anyhow, I'll probably get back to Nuzlocking Sapphire, although I'll definitely leave in some time for Alpha Fan.

qw13
June 19th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I thinked a challenge and named it Decisive Challenge. Because in this challenge, you must decide six pokemon and only these pokemon can be caught or obtained. So your starter and five more pokemon you want to use.

BarelyMe
June 19th, 2011, 06:44 AM
AKA a Normal Run.A lot of people do that.Me included

myrrhman
June 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
AKA a Normal Run.A lot of people do that.Me included
I wish I had the courage to use 6 Pokemon. The most I can do now is 5. And that was painful.

Alternative
June 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Ever since I heard of what a HM Slave is from challenges, and starting D/P/Pt, I haven't been able to use six Pokemon ever since, unless it's for training, and a certain challenge harnesses that idea. I just think the concept of a HM Slave/Bibarel is brilliant and a hard concept to let go of.

BarelyMe
June 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I wish I had the courage to use 6 Pokemon. The most I can do now is 5. And that was painful.

That's because you grew used to doing challenges,where quick training is needed,thus 6 pokemons would make training slow.

Sydian
June 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I have to have a full team of six, challenge or not, unless the challenge I'm doing prohibits it. I'm perfectly fine with training a full team of six though, and I like having a lot of diversity. I remember trying a solo-run in LeafGreen long ago and I made it to Cinnabar before breaking down and going out and catching 5 more Pokemon, lol. Venusaur was at level 70 at the time though.

Exile
June 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I have to have a full team of six, challenge or not, unless the challenge I'm doing prohibits it. I'm perfectly fine with training a full team of six though, and I like having a lot of diversity. I remember trying a solo-run in LeafGreen long ago and I made it to Cinnabar before breaking down and going out and catching 5 more Pokemon, lol. Venusaur was at level 70 at the time though.

My OCD pretty much prevents me from doing monotypes or Nuzlocke and heading into the league without 6 Pokemon. Even if I know I will destroy the E4, it's nice to have an insurance policy or two, in case the team's starts fall due to crits.

BarelyMe
June 20th, 2011, 02:47 AM

Seriously,I just HMs to become Revive Slaves

Exile
June 21st, 2011, 12:10 AM
The concept of an HM Slave just kind of came to me, I guess. Why give your useful team members bad, unremovable moves, when a weak Pokemon that you can also use to take a hit, can learn all of them.

Also, I reccomend the other Slave users read this (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/235/f/1/__HM_slave___by_pookerskull.png) and feel terrible about themselves.

jespoke
June 21st, 2011, 12:24 AM
The concept of an HM Slave just kind of came to me, I guess. Why give your useful team members bad, unremovable moves, when a weak Pokemon that you can also use to take a hit, can learn all of them.

Also, I reccomend the other Slave users read this (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/235/f/1/__HM_slave___by_pookerskull.png) and feel terrible about themselves.

I suddenly se why i always continue my pep talk when i send out my slave... :I

Hikamaru
June 22nd, 2011, 04:20 AM
I think there should be one for a color theme, like have a certain number of Pokemon on your team be a certain color, say like blue, green, red, yellow and so on...

Alternative
June 22nd, 2011, 04:45 AM
I think we had that challenge once here, and I think it died. x( Boy, do I need to catch up on some sort of challenge now. Maybe I'll start up my Nuzlocke again.

Exile
June 22nd, 2011, 04:45 AM
I think there should be one for a color theme, like have a certain number of Pokemon on your team be a certain color, say like blue, green, red, yellow and so on...

I remember there being a few challenges involving colors, although most of them have died by now. I guess you're welcome to start one, but I'd make sure that the original post explains the team requirements for the challenge and how to beat it.

TabooWord
June 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
nybody else excited about GT8?I'm looking forward to the events!Specially the CHalllenge one

LaureTheLoner
June 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Man you people got this all wrong
There needs to be more challenges where when Laure enters
Laure automatically wins
Just for the coolness of being Laure

And to Hikari10 there was a monochrome challenge it was running pretty slow though since I'm the only one who beat it, but if you look under Dream Themes there is a Rainbow challenge that incorporates 6 colors and it's pretty pro

Oh and to

Sydian
June 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Challenge event for GT8 should be fun fun fun. Hoping to get more than just challenge regulars to participate though. Get us more noticed. Need moar challenge zombies...lmao laure did you forget to finish your sentence there....

ZaTruth
June 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Sydian-senpai can u give us a hint?

Alternative
June 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Why in the world would he hint about a challenge which is meant to be a surprise? That just gives you time to prepare for it, which isn't much of a challenge if you ask me.

ZaTruth
June 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Oooh,i'm not very patient,but well no thing can do.Just make it super awesome

P.S>: Thought Sydian was a "she",you know because of the gender thingy

Exile
June 25th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Oooh,i'm not very patient,but well no thing can do.Just make it super awesome

P.S>: Thought Sydian was a "she",you know because of the gender thingy

Fear not, progress is being made! I'm creating the layout for the GT8 Challenge event, albeit TF2 is distracting me and I assure you, it will be super awesome!

Also, Sydian is a guy, what were you thinking saying he was a girl? xD

ZaTruth
June 25th, 2011, 06:42 AM
The gender is written Female Venus Symbol

Alternative
June 25th, 2011, 07:01 AM
You see, Syd is what you would call a "gender bender", someone whose gender is unknown, or makes us think that they're whatever gender and try to fool us. :P As for challenges, I should really start completing one, I haven't done anything challenge wie since I finished Favourites. Maybe I'll start up my Solo challenge again. :/

ZaTruth
June 25th, 2011, 07:16 AM
As we speak I'm burning my last brain cell to figure out what team to use in Disadvantage CHallenge

Sydian
June 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I love how I missed the discussion as to whether I'm male or female, lol.

This post is totally not a test to see if the double posting is over with.

Sydian
June 25th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I love how I missed the discussion as to whether I'm male or female, lol.

This post is totally not a test to see if the double posting is over with.

ZaTruth
June 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Oh yea,here at PC OneTwos are considered double osting ain't they?

Sydian
June 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Two posts in a row, yes that's double posting. Also, I love how the Hall of Fame Challenge seems to be catching on. @_@ I just saw someone doing a gen I version of it, with his/her team in his/her sig. And it's a new member. I didn't know I was so influential. ;o;

jespoke
June 27th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Syd, did you se you still double post? you have the last post on page 84, and the first on 85 :I

Gulpin
June 27th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I can has challenge idea?

Its a species challenge. I've always wanted to suggest one, but I could never figure out how to do it, but here's how: You choose a Pokemon that you want to use, say Emboar, the Mega Fire Pig Pokemon, then choose one word from it's species title (either Mega, Fire, or Pig). Copy and paste this url into your browser: {http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?species=} and type in the word you chose after the '=', then hit enter. Let's say you chose Pig. Type this in to your browser: {http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?species=Pig}. A list of Pokemon will show up who's species contains 'Pig' in it. So for the example you could use the Tepig line, the Mankey line, Pidove -> Tranquill, and Swinub. Rinse and repeat with any word you choose.

myrrhman
June 27th, 2011, 07:06 AM
That idea sounds pretty good actually. I'd probably try it out. So Pidove would be allowed for pig, because the word Pig is part of Pigeon? Then what's preventing people from choosing the word a and getting tons of Pokemon to choose from?

jespoke
June 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM
That idea sounds pretty good actually. I'd probably try it out. So Pidove would be allowed for pig, because the word Pig is part of Pigeon? Then what's preventing people from choosing the word a and getting tons of Pokemon to choose from?

That they have to take the word from an other pokemon, like his example with Emboar :)

Sydian
June 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
PIGdove. Also, I'm too lazy to go look for the post right now. :< I thought the curse was over. Maybe it just applies to members. -kicks mod bar- ... -feels bad, washes it, and puts it back where it goes-

Exile
June 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Well recently I became somewhat active on Bmgf and the server keeps making me double post, I know feel Syd's pain. Also, I need to stop slacking on the layout of the GT8 Challenge Event Thread.

竜の子
June 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Two posts in a row, yes that's double posting. Also, I love how the Hall of Fame Challenge seems to be catching on. @_@ I just saw someone doing a gen I version of it, with his/her team in his/her sig. And it's a new member. I didn't know I was so influential. ;o;

That was me ;P.
I put in on hold,but will get back on it eventually.
Anyways,why must days take too much time to pass!I want Gt8's events!

Sydian
June 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Oh my God, every time I see you, I think you're my pair. We had a theme collab with that same picture. Well, it was different, I made the icons instead, but still, I keep thinking you're him every time I see your posts. :[ He used it for a long time, so it's still etched into my mind that he's "Zekrom dude."

竜の子
June 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
well Sydian Senpai,while I'm at it...
Would you mind if I made a pre-5th gen favorite challenge version?

Sydian
June 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
idk what the point in that would be though. That challenge is specifically meant for the latest generation tbh. And then it'd be redundant that there would be two threads for it. If it were meant to be all generations, there would just be changes made in the thread that's up right now. So my vote's gonna have to be no, I'm afraid.

竜の子
June 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Okay,if you say no,then no it is.
Anyways (yeah I use anyways a lot,deal with it) I'll just search some good challenges 'round here

LaureTheLoner
June 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Laure's Most Genius Challenge Idea ever:

The Pokemon game you play you may play no more than 2 hours a day. As soon as you can get Pokeballs you must have 4 or more Pokemon in your team. Play the game as normal obeying the time limit. You may not use an emulator speed option.

Play the game normal.... Until this very important catch.

You see Sydian over there? No seriously look at him. I'm saying him even though it took me two months to figure out his a guy. Well he plays an important part in this challenge cause I say everytime he changes his avatar your whole team is scrapped and you must get another 4.

Hardest. Challenge. Ever.

Especially since he changes his avatar 3 times a day.

竜の子
June 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Not really,he has settled down with Togekiss for a while.

Anyways anybody knows where The Incredible Wandering Thread went?

Sydian
June 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
HAHA! That's brilliant. I'm in a plushie collab right now, so it shall remain Togekiss for a while. But damn, that'd be a hard challenge. And I moved that thread to uhhh...gee, I don't remember. Graphics & Photography I think.

myrrhman
June 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I mean, it doesn't really do anything here. Its just like "oh, its another Swablu Nest.

竜の子
June 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah,I know.Just think it's funny how it overshadow Swablu's Nest

And there has a long time since this thread last name change,ain't it?

jespoke
June 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
The wandering thread is like a gigantic cloud that moves over the swablu teretory once in a while :)

I remember when it was called "Come in & die" the activity suddenly droped :P

vaporeon7
June 30th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Seeing as I am getting out of my super busy stage that was two weeks I am going to do an easy Charizard monotype on Red.

We need a name change though, don't get me wrong I adore Swablu but...

LaureTheLoner
June 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Just popped in to say:

Laure's plushie > Sydian's Plushie

When I don't have challenge ideas
I deem Swablu's Nest
The Diss on Sydian thread

cause I'm Laure ^_^

myrrhman
July 1st, 2011, 05:00 AM
Seeing as I am getting out of my super busy stage that was two weeks I am going to do an easy Charizard monotype on Red.

lolwut.

Speaking of which, I should really go finish the monotypes...

竜の子
July 1st, 2011, 08:31 AM

lolwut.

Speaking of which, I should really go finish the monotypes...

I guess he was doing a solo monotype(Do a monotype but solo it)I like this tactic,for example when I did RBY solo CHarizard I did Monotype Fire & Flying at the same time.Just got harder

myrrhman
July 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
I think the rules in the Monotype thread need to be changed. Namely: "You must have at least two Pokemon on your team", and "You can't be doing two monotypes with one run of the game". That's a duo type that you're doing, not a monotype.

LaureTheLoner
July 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Blue Light Special: Next Person that signs up for the Egg Salad challenge gets all their eggs from Sydian

Shiny Pokes for everyone!

Sydian
July 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
I would die if those eggs I traded you WERE shiny. I did breed them with my only Ditto, which is English. D; I think a few Pokemon were English. ...idk just hatch and find out. Don't trade my Pokemon away btw. THEY'RE SPECIAL.

vaporeon7
July 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM
If you had hatched the eggs in your game they wouldn't be shiny anyway Syd. Because of the SID.

LaureTheLoner
July 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
I would die if those eggs I traded you WERE shiny. I did breed them with my only Ditto, which is English. D; I think a few Pokemon were English. ...idk just hatch and find out. Don't trade my Pokemon away btw. THEY'RE SPECIAL.

On Twitter you said
"Looks like you need help passing out those eggs"

Guess what you volunteered yourself to go to the baby factory :D

Enigma
July 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ah, I feel like I need to get back into challenges soon. Just not now, though. I've got a headache. D: I've got so much stuff to do during the summer that it's kind of hard to figure out when to do these things, y'know? D:

Edit: Looks like everyone started to remake my challenges, eh?

RHIOneAlbum
July 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Laure's Most Genius Challenge Idea ever:

The Pokemon game you play you may play no more than 2 hours a day. As soon as you can get Pokeballs you must have 4 or more Pokemon in your team. Play the game as normal obeying the time limit. You may not use an emulator speed option.

Play the game normal.... Until this very important catch.

You see Sydian over there? No seriously look at him. I'm saying him even though it took me two months to figure out his a guy. Well he plays an important part in this challenge cause I say everytime he changes his avatar your whole team is scrapped and you must get another 4.

Hardest. Challenge. Ever.

Especially since he changes his avatar 3 times a day.

Syd, can that please be approved? XD best challenge ever

Plumpyfoof
July 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I had an idea (Don't know if it's already been done)
What about you start the game and you can only use pokemon with the same nature as your starter.
If you catch a pokemon and it doesn't have the same nature you must release it and you can no longer use a pokemon of that species.
I'm gonna try it anyway just for kicks.

ツールです
July 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Syd, can that please be approved? XD best challenge ever

Have someone tried to make a thread?

What about you start the game and you can only use pokemon with the same nature as your starter.
If you catch a pokemon and it doesn't have the same nature you must release it and you can no longer use a pokemon of that species.

Nope,don't think so(wasn't done).The idea is good,shame it can't be used on games pre gen III

Plumpyfoof
July 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Nope,don't think so(wasn't done).The idea is good,shame it can't be used on games pre gen III

Oh yeah i hadn't even thought about pre gen III games.
I guess I'll leave it for someone more qualified to fix then they can make a thread for it hah.

Alternative
July 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Considering there's 20 different natures, and the chances of getting one with the right nature are slim, it'd be tough. Plus people could just SR for a Ralts of the same nature and abuse synchronize. ^_^

As for the other challenge for playing 2 hours a day, do you mean game time, or real time? If it's the latter it wouldn't be too hard, or for me at least. I only really play challenges 10-15 minutes at a time. :P

ツールです
July 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Oh yeah i hadn't even thought about pre gen III games.
I guess I'll leave it for someone more qualified to fix then they can make a thread for it hah.

nah,cuz you can cover all 5 gens(FRLG in GenII and HGSS in GenIV) but there are eople that like the originals better

myrrhman
July 9th, 2011, 12:55 AM
nah,cuz you can cover all 5 gens(FRLG in GenII and HGSS in GenIV) but there are eople that like the originals better
This person is one of them.

jespoke
July 10th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I'm going a week to Holland to see my family, so i cant be here for the get together :'(

I will do a monotype for driving amusement the 9-11 hours of driving :I

LaureTheLoner
July 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'm going a week to Holland to see my family, so i cant be here for the get together :'(

I will do a monotype for driving amusement the 9-11 hours of driving :I

You silly Jespoke

you can't drive and play pokes at the same time

you're endangering lives

Alternative
July 10th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure drink driving is worse. It's easy to grind Pokemon and drive. :P One time I had to go with Mum to work so I started a new game on Ruby or Sapphire and got four badges by the time she was done. I think by the end I had a Swampert and a Torkoal, since that was my phase of using a totally awesome Grass-Fire-Water core team. It was only a Swampert, Torkoal and Tropius, but I loved it anyway. <3

So there has been some distressing news with me though. I've had to delete everything off my computer because of a dumb virus which affected my name, so I pretty much deleted my entire profile on the computer, which means I've lost everything, including my challenges run on Emulators, namely my Nuzlocke and Body. I've still got my Solo challenge on a cartridge, so I'm gonna try and get that done as well soon. :D I'm also gonna wait for a new computer before I do any more challenges on an emulator.

Which I probably should mention, I've been itching to start Soulsilver again for a challenge, any ideas on which one I should partake in? :)

LaureTheLoner
July 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure drink driving is worse. It's easy to grind Pokemon and drive. :P One time I had to go with Mum to work so I started a new game on Ruby or Sapphire and got four badges by the time she was done. I think by the end I had a Swampert and a Torkoal, since that was my phase of using a totally awesome Grass-Fire-Water core team. It was only a Swampert, Torkoal and Tropius, but I loved it anyway. <3

So there has been some distressing news with me though. I've had to delete everything off my computer because of a dumb virus which affected my name, so I pretty much deleted my entire profile on the computer, which means I've lost everything, including my challenges run on Emulators, namely my Nuzlocke and Body. I've still got my Solo challenge on a cartridge, so I'm gonna try and get that done as well soon. :D I'm also gonna wait for a new computer before I do any more challenges on an emulator.

Which I probably should mention, I've been itching to start Soulsilver again for a challenge, any ideas on which one I should partake in? :)

Omg that sucks same thing just happened to me and to my Nuzelocke and Chess Challenge, but at least I wasn't too far.

Maybe you should do the Rainbow one D:

Alternative
July 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I was at Lavaridge Town for my Nuzlocke, but good thing I wasn't too far in my Body challenge. I'm not gonna do those again for a while anyway. :/

켄니씨
July 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Well sorry for your loss,anyways I recommend ... Username Challenge,maybe

LaureTheLoner
July 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
SYDIAN CHANGED HIS AVATAR

Everyone in every challenge box all your Pokemon ;D

Sydian
July 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Didn't we have a username challenge? Also, do I have to change my team along with my avatar? lol

켄니씨
July 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
We have.Somebody revived it ^^

LaureTheLoner
July 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
No Sydian you're not allowed.

Rule #1 of Challenge: Only the cool kids allowed.

켄니씨
July 11th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Well,Sydian is kewl,but ain't a kid ;P

Alternative
July 12th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Here's a nice challenge I thought of while in the midst of thinking to myself, reminding me of the rules of a Nuzlocke. How about a challenge where you can only catch one Pokemon per encounter method? So like, grass, caves, surfing, fishing, shaking spots, swirling dust etc. You can only use one Pokemon through each method. I think that'd be pretty fun. :D

I would be clear on the rules though, like your starter would count as a gift Pokemon, whereas egg would also count as a gift, if it's the Togepi egg or Happiny or whatever. :3

jespoke
July 14th, 2011, 01:39 AM
You silly Jespoke

you can't drive and play pokes at the same time

you're endangering lives

Maybe i worded it wrong: I meant that i was going to play pokemon on the back seat for 9 hours :P
(Look at my age ^^ Im 15 :I)

Writing from my aunts computer, with means very far between my computer acces', and no spelling corrector :P

LaureTheLoner
July 14th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Here's a nice challenge I thought of while in the midst of thinking to myself, reminding me of the rules of a Nuzlocke. How about a challenge where you can only catch one Pokemon per encounter method? So like, grass, caves, surfing, fishing, shaking spots, swirling dust etc. You can only use one Pokemon through each method. I think that'd be pretty fun. :D

I would be clear on the rules though, like your starter would count as a gift Pokemon, whereas egg would also count as a gift, if it's the Togepi egg or Happiny or whatever. :3

The encounter rate thing is kinda new, but I remember a guy starting a thread where he wanted the challenge to be all the Pokemon on your team must be from an event or a gift, and he was pretty much shot down by everyone because everyone who'd compete would almost have the same team :o

I really wanna have a challenge where the people playing are against each other and it's a race to be in first place and if you accomplish certain things you get to trade and steal party members from your competitiors and such

but I just can't think it through

Alternative
July 14th, 2011, 03:29 AM
That would actually be quite difficult to pull off, since not everyone uses the actual cartridges to do challenges, and not everyone has wifi either. I mean I do, but you have to think about everyone else, not just yourself. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember a challenge back maybe in 2009 or something for Emerald I think, where people would play one cartridge and pass it around to every person to do certain parts. In this example though one person would start a game, and you would have so many people and they would go through every section. So maybe one person could go from the beginning to get the badge in Rustboro City, and they would hand over the file so they can play the game until they get the Dewford badge. You could make it a Nuzlocke or anything like that. :3

chaos11011
July 14th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Wait there's a get-together :x

I wanna know...

Long time to see btw, I hope you guys missed me, because I'm eating your babies :x

jdthebud
July 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
That reminds me of the Challenge Royale...shouldn't there be a thread for signups already?

myrrhman
July 14th, 2011, 01:31 PM
The encounter rate thing is kinda new, but I remember a guy starting a thread where he wanted the challenge to be all the Pokemon on your team must be from an event or a gift, and he was pretty much shot down by everyone because everyone who'd compete would almost have the same team :o

I really wanna have a challenge where the people playing are against each other and it's a race to be in first place and if you accomplish certain things you get to trade and steal party members from your competitiors and such

but I just can't think it through
I tried to make something like that. Here's how it worked.

Actually, it was almost exactly the same as the Challenge Royale that we're doing. But there were no teams, it was sort of like competitive battling i think (I've never done that). You just sort of say "hey you, lets race" and then you race and then everyone is happy but the loser because he lost and isn't happy.
That would actually be quite difficult to pull off, since not everyone uses the actual cartridges to do challenges, and not everyone has wifi either. I mean I do, but you have to think about everyone else, not just yourself. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember a challenge back maybe in 2009 or something for Emerald I think, where people would play one cartridge and pass it around to every person to do certain parts. In this example though one person would start a game, and you would have so many people and they would go through every section. So maybe one person could go from the beginning to get the badge in Rustboro City, and they would hand over the file so they can play the game until they get the Dewford badge. You could make it a Nuzlocke or anything like that. :3
Yeah, that was really cool. I've thought about doing a team challenge like that, to where you have like 4 people on each team.

켄니씨
July 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah,where's Challenge Royale thread?

jdthebud
July 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah,where's Challenge Royale thread?
The Get Together has it's own forum thread. Here's the link to the Challenge Royal (posted this morning). http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257377

Sydian
July 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257377

I'm surprised y'all ain't signed up! I have less challenge regulars signed up rn and it's breaking my heart. </3 There a limited time to sign up, SO GO. ;;

Alternative
July 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I really can't be bothered doing any huge challenges like that right now tbh. I gotta find everything, and then get an emulator and get the proper games etc to use and I can do a challenge. :)

But as you know me, I came up with another challenge, again. I would call it the Ability Precipice/Threshold/Uhh... Brink challenge. Pretty much you choose however many abilities as you want in the game and you have to use Pokemon which fit the description of those abilities, so they don't have to necessarily have the abilities themselves. For instance, you could use the Sturdy, which would be that your Pokemon must be able to learn 2 One-hit KO moves via level and must know at least one of them. Or something like Illuminate would be that you have to use a Pokemon which can learn Flash.

jdthebud
July 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
it's only using the regular challenges (solo, duo, mono, nozlocke, etc.) and yer only doing one. not big at all.

LaureTheLoner
July 15th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I really can't be bothered doing any huge challenges like that right now tbh. I gotta find everything, and then get an emulator and get the proper games etc to use and I can do a challenge. :)

But as you know me, I came up with another challenge, again. I would call it the Ability Precipice/Threshold/Uhh... Brink challenge. Pretty much you choose however many abilities as you want in the game and you have to use Pokemon which fit the description of those abilities, so they don't have to necessarily have the abilities themselves. For instance, you could use the Sturdy, which would be that your Pokemon must be able to learn 2 One-hit KO moves via level and must know at least one of them. Or something like Illuminate would be that you have to use a Pokemon which can learn Flash.

I know I've already said this

but the perfect, but yet, simple, challenge for Alternative to partake in:

Rainbow Road ~ Contributed by Alternative
Monocolor is always fun, but how about a nice array? Only catch is one per color and in order.

Rules: In this challenge you must have a team of 6 Pokemon, and each 1 must be a different color to represent all 6 colors of the rainbow. (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). The must also be caught in order. You must have your red Pokemon by the 2nd gym, (if your starter isn't red you may use it for help up to the 2nd gym. Even if it meets the future color criteria you may not use it again as it isn't a catchable Pokemon). You must have 3 pokemon by the 4th badge, and 6 by the 7th. NFEs are allowed, and no legends. ALSO all 6 pokemon on your team must be caught with a different pokeball, so no 2 pokemon on your team can live in the same ball (unless you're playing R/B/Y or FR/LG for you may use 2 pokeballs, 2 great balls, 1 ultra ball, 1 masterball).

Doesn't that one sound familiar? It's your child and it's saying

"Please mommy/daddy alternative why did you abandon me in the cold orphanage that is Laure's house, she beats me with whips and feeds me maggots on moldy toast"

Alternative
July 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
well that's way pout of proportion of what I meant of how you should play the challenge. When I said in order I meant you have to catch it in order of when you started. FOr instace, if you stat with blue, then you have to catch a Purple, the a Red, orange and so on. :)

LaureTheLoner
July 15th, 2011, 09:36 PM
well that's way pout of proportion of what I meant of how you should play the challenge. When I said in order I meant you have to catch it in order of when you started. FOr instace, if you stat with blue, then you have to catch a Purple, the a Red, orange and so on. :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought you had to start on Red

one day I will edit it

one day

*watches the Earth die as she sips on her coffee remembering the last time she said she'd edit something in that thread it took a week*

Anyway I feel a fool, I had the idea for a point based challenge before I knew what royal was ;_;
and Idk I don't like the race thing because for people like me one day I'll have all the time in the world to play Pokemon, and then next thing I know many days go by

Here is an idea, a whole group plays against one another
they can play no more than 1 hour a day on their game
no speed button
to ensure no one is just racing to the elite 4 points will be given
like maybe +1 for every Pokemon added to your Pokedex +5 for every item you receive from talking to people or something like that

and then what you can do with your points is go to the Laure store where you can buy various items like items that force an opponent of your choosing to release a Pokemon that was a part of their team, seal a Pokemon's move or evolution. I guess there could also be revival items for yourself, you could also make allies or enemies by being able to help someone out by giving them spare points, in hopes they don't screw you over later

Idk I keep trying to come up with a challenge version of a PO tournament I use to host that we named after the Hunger Games. Every arena day two tributes are picked to battle each other they win points they lose points, give points to their friends, use items to help/hurt each other, and every arena day I roll the dice and if I got a 6 the person with the lowest number wasn't allowed to play anymore :D

That won't work for a challenge but I'm trying to think of something fun

myrrhman
July 15th, 2011, 10:58 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought you had to start on Red

one day I will edit it

one day

*watches the Earth die as she sips on her coffee remembering the last time she said she'd edit something in that thread it took a week*

Anyway I feel a fool, I had the idea for a point based challenge before I knew what royal was ;_;
and Idk I don't like the race thing because for people like me one day I'll have all the time in the world to play Pokemon, and then next thing I know many days go by

Here is an idea, a whole group plays against one another
they can play no more than 1 hour a day on their game
no speed button
to ensure no one is just racing to the elite 4 points will be given
like maybe +1 for every Pokemon added to your Pokedex +5 for every item you receive from talking to people or something like that

and then what you can do with your points is go to the Laure store where you can buy various items like items that force an opponent of your choosing to release a Pokemon that was a part of their team, seal a Pokemon's move or evolution. I guess there could also be revival items for yourself, you could also make allies or enemies by being able to help someone out by giving them spare points, in hopes they don't screw you over later

Idk I keep trying to come up with a challenge version of a PO tournament I use to host that we named after the Hunger Games. Every arena day two tributes are picked to battle each other they win points they lose points, give points to their friends, use items to help/hurt each other, and every arena day I roll the dice and if I got a 6 the person with the lowest number wasn't allowed to play anymore :D

That won't work for a challenge but I'm trying to think of something fun
Something close to the idea has been thought of before. Not much came of it, but I still have it saved in a folder on my lappy. Its actually a combination of two ideas. One was the "Stock Market League" where you play, and every day or so the OP posts in a thread saying "Anyone who has a Grass Type gets a point" or something similar to that. The other challenge is hard to explain, but it was to take over a long period of time, and the goal was to get to like 10,000 points to "buy arceus". Every trainer you beat and every item you sold netted you some money. Every Pokemon you evolved, every item you bought, every time you lost, or if you wanted to "buy" a Pokemon, that lost you money. Once you beat the game, you wouldn't be able to afford Arceus from the start, so you would have to buy a weaker Pokemon and start the game over with that Pokemon. Make sense?

LaureTheLoner
July 16th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Bleh that's kinda super tedious, I wouldn't give points for every thing, just the little things to do so you have to make wise choices on how to use your one hour

But might not happen because you'd need a lot of active people and ass I found out from the egg salad challenge people will be super excited posting all the time, and then bam, never hear from them again

jespoke
July 17th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I'm back for a week before going to Norway :D
(Hides away again because Laurie's post describes my Favorites challenge :embarrass)

shadowysi
July 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I am really interested in making a challenge so I came up with an idea that I don't have a name for yet.

What you have to do is, for each gym, you have to only have one pokemon and that pokemon is weak to the gym leaders pokemon.

For instance, on Brock because he's rock, you have to use ONE of the following:
A fire-type pokemon (Maybe your starter)
An ice-type pokemon (sneasel)
A flying type pokemon (pidgey)
A bug type pokemon (caterpie)

(those arent the ones you have to use, just examples)
On the first gym you are allowed to level your pokemon to level 15 then you have to go straight to the first gym.

I am currently thinking of other level caps but I would like to make this challenging but not impossible.

On the elite four you have to use JUST the one pokemon that is weak to the trainer and if you die on that trainer you have to reset until you defeat them.

On the champion you can use all of your pokemon.

Do you guys understand what I am trying to explain about how my challenge would work? Feedback would be appreciated

死神さま
July 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM
We have this challenge here.
It's the Disadvantage Challenge or something like that
Plus you wouldn't be able to use Ice to face Brock because all his pokemon are part Ground,which is weak to ice

Alternative
July 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
We have this challenge here.
It's the Disadvantage Challenge or something like that
Plus you wouldn't be able to use Ice to face Brock because all his pokemon are part Ground,which is weak to ice
I think what he meant was that Brock is the Rock type gym leader so you'd have to use Pokemon specifically weak to that gym. Also with that being said, people like Volkner in Diamond and Pearl only had what, two electric types, so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to use a grass or fighting type, since they're good against his Octillery and Ambipom.

Anyway, i was wonderinf if I could get some help with my Ability list. You see, it's a challenge I'm preparing for this place, and you have to choose abilities and use Pokemon based off those abilities. So if you chose Analytic, you would have to use a Pokemon which could learn Mind Reader, or if you chose Colour Change, you'd have to use a Pokemon which has a different form, such as Castform, or Cherrim. :) I can't be bothered going through all 164 abilities (I counted), so if anyone you like to help me, I'd be grateful. ^_^

jdthebud
July 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I think what he meant was that Brock is the Rock type gym leader so you'd have to use Pokemon specifically weak to that gym. Also with that being said, people like Volkner in Diamond and Pearl only had what, two electric types, so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to use a grass or fighting type, since they're good against his Octillery and Ambipom.

Anyway, i was wonderinf if I could get some help with my Ability list. You see, it's a challenge I'm preparing for this place, and you have to choose abilities and use Pokemon based off those abilities. So if you chose Analytic, you would have to use a Pokemon which could learn Mind Reader, or if you chose Colour Change, you'd have to use a Pokemon which has a different form, such as Castform, or Cherrim. :) I can't be bothered going through all 164 abilities (I counted), so if anyone you like to help me, I'd be grateful. ^_^
Sure, I can help a bit. PM me a list or whatever with what you have so far.

Enigma
July 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to get my challenge addiction back. ;_; I guess I'll go attempt a challenge right now, hopefully that'll spark something. And now I feel bad for not being here for the team challenge get-together thing. :c

Sydian
July 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Don't worry, Inferno. Perhaps we'll have another event like this without GT8 time restrictions. wink wink nudge nudge. WHO IS THAT GUY FROM IN YOUR THEME I KNOW I'VE SEEN HIM.

Enigma
July 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Don't worry, Inferno. Perhaps we'll have another event like this without GT8 time restrictions. wink wink nudge nudge. WHO IS THAT GUY FROM IN YOUR THEME I KNOW I'VE SEEN HIM.

Rockzilla from "My Dad the Rockstar". Shown on Nick (mostly Nicktoons Network) for a while, but I guess it didn't last long. Loved watching it, only had like two seasons though. (Series was made by Gene Simmons, thus the resemblance)

I feel like I just over-answered a simple question. xD

Sydian
July 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, I remember that show! I can't remember if I liked it very much, but I do remember that it didn't last long. :( It's probably better than the stupid stuff on Nick now. Like...I just can't w/ Nick anymore okay. lol It's bad. I saw a commercial for a 90's night though! I didn't catch the date, but my eyes welled up at the thought of 90's All That. Like omg, that was my favorite show as a kid, along with Kenan and Kel. Those people were all my idols okay. /random discussion about Nickelodeon

Enigma
July 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Yes, I remember that show! I can't remember if I liked it very much, but I do remember that it didn't last long. :( It's probably better than the stupid stuff on Nick now. Like...I just can't w/ Nick anymore okay. lol It's bad. I saw a commercial for a 90's night though! I didn't catch the date, but my eyes welled up at the thought of 90's All That. Like omg, that was my favorite show as a kid, along with Kenan and Kel. Those people were all my idols okay. /random discussion about Nickelodeon
It was one of Nick's last good shows they had before they went off the deep end. :/ I also heard about that 90's night too. Oh, and they show the more classic 90's/early 2000's cartoons during midnight and around that time on Nicktoons Network. Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life ;_; (And yes, very random discussion that is now bordering on a discussion about how much everyone misses their childhood.)

Oh, and I will be completing a challenge or two tomorrow. Mark my words.

myrrhman
July 20th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I did the 90's cartoon show word search for vaporeon's get together thing, and it hurt to do. Most of them were cartoon network, but still. RIP good tv shows.

Also, it just hit me that this is like the first time I've visited here in like a week. I sort of forgot there were things that weren't the gettogether...

Sydian
July 20th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah, GT8 takes away from me even looking through for modding things to do. When it disappears, I'll get back into the groove. I haven't even been posting in GPGD that much. I just keep stalking GT8. :<

Perrie ✿
July 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm back again... :x I took a break from challenges after my computer went into a meltdown. Everything is fine and I'm ready to spam challenges again lololol.

I've almost completed my very first un-official nuzlocke. Myself plus some of the CBC regulars started one. So much grief for letting Vrai die twice before the second badge ;____;

but yeah, I'm back.

Enigma
July 24th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Yay, finally did a challenge. (Or at least most of one.) It's also safe to say that I'm probably readdicted to challenges. :D

jespoke
July 24th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I'm going on a vacation (again :P) My egg salad/new mario games/Golden Sun will go for entertainment :D I'll be back with some updates (hopefully) in 9 days

Enigma
July 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Aww lucky you. :/ I'm stuck here doing challenges all day.

...Wait, I'm not opposed to that, am I? :3

TheBowsinator
July 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?

Sydian
July 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
That'd just be monocolor challenge with an optional rule. We had that a while back, but I think it died. Haven't seen it in a while. So if you wanna make it, that's fine, but might as well make it the monocolor challenge and have that as an additional challenge, if the challenger wants to do it that way.

TheBowsinator
July 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"

LaureTheLoner
July 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?

Yeah that was actually a part of the ultimate challenge in the monotype challenge, also for the helium element thing there is almost something similar to it located in the Dream Themes thread known as species, but the element thing could be cool and Dream Themes would be a good place to brain storm it and flush it out

Also Torchic isn't orange
because there is no orange dex color on bulbapedia
and this bugs me because I have the rainbow road challenge
but yet there is no orange
ALTERNATIVE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT ORANGE
*throws a can at Alternative*

a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"

It's kind of meh it just doesn't seem very original and exciting. There is already the one in each challenge where various gens are being played and by the time you get to 5th gen it's pretty much just a favorites challenge it seems like

I am beginning to find out other than your usual (monotype, solo, etc.) the best tourneys have more limits on team usage this is too much of what i'd call a "free roam"

anyway,
I started a new challenge, not that I needed one, if you enjoyed the battle royale or wanted to join it check out Table Top Supreme. It's a point based / race challenge.

myrrhman
July 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...

jdthebud
July 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
Actually, you can get celebi with the celebi egg glitch (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Celebi_egg_glitch), but it is really rime consuming, so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

I was actually thinking about doing this. I think the most filled Pokedex I've had was in Blue with like 120, but I didn't have Red so I couldn't finish it. I used infinite RCs to level up pokes to evolve them, lol.

But yeah, everything except for event pokemon sounds fun.

espeon_and_umbreon_4eva
July 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
do you know how many AWSOME pokemon i would lose! lol i dont think i could do that.

Enigma
July 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.

LaureTheLoner
July 28th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.

I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

Lol when I found red and blue at a rummage sale (and they both saved) I thought about doing this >: then I found out I had a gba link cable and not a regular gameboy so I was like meh, f the hard copies, and I sold them on Ebay since I could just do roms. I might do this if the table top challenge doesn't force me to hate 1st.

Actually lol I like how your challenge is actually the purpose of the Pokemon games.

Gotta Catch Em All

Enigma
July 28th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

I'll add in that part as well, if I can explain it properly. xD

EDIT: Made the thread! I'm excited for it. I'm doing the Ultimate Character Challenge. :3

Sire
July 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here (http://www.random.org/), to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.

myrrhman
July 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here (http://www.random.org/), to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.
That sounds awfully familiar to the Random Pokemon Challenge. In the Random Challenge, you signed up with saying what game and how many Pokemon you'd be using, and then the OP went to a random Pokemon Generator, and generated however many Pokemon you wanted that are catchable in your game.

Sire
July 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.

Gulpin
July 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM
For some reason, I've been distracted from my challenges for a while. So what I did was make a fancy list of all of my games, and the challenges that I am currently doing on them. Before I start a new challenge, I'm going to try to complete all of my current ones that I haven't finished yet. I just got finished with my Walrein solo run on Platinum, which I left sitting after getting 6 badges. Now, to decide what to do next: Swellow / Guardevoir dual-species on Ruby (8 badges), regular run on Sapphire (8 badges), a regular run on Emerald (7 badges), or Flygon solo on Diamond (7 badges). I think I'll continue with the Sinnoh region since I should be able to get through the story pretty quickly after just completing Platinum, then try to work on the R/S/E runs at the same time.

vaporeon7
July 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.

That doesn't sound all that challenging, you'd end up with a strong balanced team with good type coverage in the end anyway.

Sydian
July 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.

Enigma
July 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.
I just thought of a variation of that where every time you get a new TM, you have to immediately teach it to one of your pokemon. (HM slaves and such don't count.)

Sire
July 31st, 2011, 05:08 PM
The TM one would be hard because what if none of your pokemon could learn the TM? You basically lose the challenge.

Thought of one where you get a certain number of moves and each pokemon on your team has to know one move. I like fun challenges more then hard challenges. x_x

myrrhman
July 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
That could work, actually! I really like this idea.

Sire
July 31st, 2011, 05:23 PM
May make it.

I can't use a generator though because it mixes up region moves. Suppose I'd have to pick them myself.

LaureTheLoner
August 13th, 2011, 11:03 PM
HELLO SWABLU'S NEST

You see who is here?

Laure of course!

So it's too late for sign ups but everyone should check out The Challenge and watch it a little so you can see how it plays so I can force you to join up in the next game, which will be G/S/C

How do you survive this game you ask?

Simple you are on Team Laure and you destroy all the other trainer's lives

Like JD the Bud

jdthebud
August 13th, 2011, 11:10 PM
wow no one posted here for ages. It would have been hilarious (and ironic ofc) if no one had posted for a month. Laure, c'mon, we only had 16 days to go! And ditto on the MMO thing (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259542) (which is what she's referring to, if you couldn't tell. I know, it's hard to figure it out...).

In other news, my HG water monotype has completely stalled. I knew it would take a while to finish, but I'm really not having much fun with it...

LaureTheLoner
August 13th, 2011, 11:19 PM
JD LET'S TAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS FORUM OVER

Everyone needs to join the path of enlightenment

but until Syd approves my Hitler fan club we just have to go with the Laure religion that states

Monotypes are fun
but if you do them over and over and over and over again
BORRRINNNNGGGG

Alternative
August 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I did a monotype once, for ground because it's soo versatile, and you get Quagsire. :D

I've actually been thinking of playing Emerald again, maybe of another Nuzlocke? I'll probably go with that because I never finished my last one. :P

Perrie ✿
August 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Quagsire! 8D Anywho, I've never actually done a Monotype challenge. :x I attempted, but never actually started. x_x I think I'll sign up for one and do it with Flying or Ghost types or something. C: I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke on Emerald. :3 But I haven't played it for some time.

Sire
August 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Ground Mono is going amazing. Johto has some of the best variety. <3

I've never tried a Nuzlocke yet, to be honest. Haven't got around to it. I really need to do one, probably Yellow for free starters and good pokemon. :D

Alternative
August 20th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Nuzlockes are super fun to play, and you have all those hardships with those Pokemon. Just a tip though, if you choose to ever do one for the third generation, especially Emerald, it's highly advised that you skip Brawly, or at least train to a super high level before fighting him. :)

myrrhman
August 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
I completely agree. I don't think I've ever done Brawly on time in any Pokemon game, other than when I'm doing normal playthroughs and have both Ralts and Wingull at fairly high levels. OR if I have a Sableye. Sableye can stop Brawly.

Alternative
August 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure if you've got a Beautifly you can do well against Brawly. Considering your main moves are going to be Gust and Confusion, both strong against him, that Makuhita can't do much unless he's got 3+ Bulk Ups under his belt because of the 4x resistance against the fighting moves, you can do well with one.

But yet again, you have to be lucky enough to find a Wurmple first in the routes you can find them in and make it evolve into a Beautifly. I got two my first time and both times got Dustox from them. :(

mondays suck
August 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
There's nothing wrong with getting Dustox, with its Bug/Poison typing it, too, has a 4x F. resistance and, unlike Beautifly who only gets the phys. Gust and a couple Grass moves, it does actually learn Confusion. Plus its defense-orientated stats are preferable in a Nuzlocke imo.

ParanoidMocha
August 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
I've only finished one Monotype. A Ghost Mono/Haunter SoloRun on Blue.
I'm supposed to do a Nuzlocke but me bored T.T

peter1507
August 22nd, 2011, 12:51 AM
Few challenge ideas could be:

1. Use only Pokemon which has the Pick Up ability (or try to play R/S/E with only zangooses)
2. It has been said before but do a Weak Pokemon Run where you may only use Pokemon which has base stats under 300. (can be 400 for easy, 350 for normal and 300 for hard)
3. Metronome challenge where you can have Pokemon that can learn metronome and use only that move.
4. Ability Challenge, where you hack your pokemon so that it has abilities which HINDERS your Pokemon (like Slow Start, Klutz, maybe even Run Away, ect.)
5. Normal Moves Challenge: Where your Pokemon can only have Normal moves on them and nothing else at all times. That makes it hard if you fight Ghost Pokemons.
6. Ditto Only Run
7. Baby Pokemon Only Run

ParanoidMocha
August 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Few challenge ideas could be:

1. Use only Pokemon which has the Pick Up ability (or try to play R/S/E with only zangooses)

Heh ... Too many few options

2. It has been said before but do a Weak Pokemon Run where you may only use Pokemon which has base stats under 300. (can be 400 for easy, 350 for normal and 300 for hard)

I see a future on this one

3. Metronome challenge where you can have Pokemon that can learn metronome and use only that move.

Again,too few an option

4. Ability Challenge, where you hack your pokemon so that it has abilities which HINDERS your Pokemon (like Slow Start, Klutz, maybe even Run Away, ect.)

Well,might work but it's hard to fight ability changing codes(except for Wonder Guard),and not practical,people with consoles can't play and can't be used on Pre-Gen II games.

5. Normal Moves Challenge: Where your Pokemon can only have Normal moves on them and nothing else at all times. That makes it hard if you fight Ghost Pokemons.

Not hard,impossible.Unless you have Metronome you don't stand a chance to fight Ghosts.

6. Ditto Only Run

AKA Solo Run,we have a thread for that

7. Baby Pokemon Only Run

Heh,most of their movesets is crappy,too hard not much options.

If you think Syd will approve any of these though ...
Good Luck

myrrhman
August 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
My friend is testing out a challenge I thought of. It has to be done on emulator though... You get a Random Number Generator, and generate a random Pokemon, random types, and random moves. Then you hack that in the beginning of the game and solo with it. It can get really tough if you get very few moves that do damage/moves that have few pp/moves that are weak like bubble.

ParanoidMocha
August 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM

Sounds fun!
Think I might do it sometime ^^

deoxys121
August 26th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking of adding an "Extreme Mode" to my Painfully Slow Challenge. For Extreme Mode, the maximum base speed would be cut from 40 to 25, drastically lowering your options. If I do this, would anyone be interested in taking part?

myrrhman
August 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking of adding an "Extreme Mode" to my Painfully Slow Challenge. For Extreme Mode, the maximum base speed would be cut from 40 to 25, drastically lowering your options. If I do this, would anyone be interested in taking part?
Now? Probably not, I'm adjusting to this school year.
Sometime? Yes, I'd do it just to do it.

Shea Man
August 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I has idea for teh Challenge, but I not is to able do.

Challenge: Beat a game with only Snorlax; any amount of Snorlax is fine

Restrictions: SNORLAX ONLY, and (I think) Snorlax can learn all HMs. If there is any HM Snorlax cannot use, you may have ONE HM SLAVE. I think Snorlax can't use Flash, Dive, and Waterfall, so get a Lanturne or Chinchou.

To derr poster:
Credit me, and remember to put in the OP, "Always Remember to Pack a Snorlax". I would love to have a userbar for this, as it would be funny!

Purpose: 4 teh lulz. Alternatively, Snorlax are lazy, seemingly worthless gluttons. However, when they go into battle, they're like Slaking without Truant! They're extremely useful, and besides, who hasn't wanted to ride the Sea on Snorlax's stomach? Always remember to pack a Snorlax.

LaureTheLoner
August 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM
I has idea for teh Challenge, but I not is to able do.

Challenge: Beat a game with only Snorlax; any amount of Snorlax is fine

Restrictions: SNORLAX ONLY, and (I think) Snorlax can learn all HMs. If there is any HM Snorlax cannot use, you may have ONE HM SLAVE. I think Snorlax can't use Flash, Dive, and Waterfall, so get a Lanturne or Chinchou.

To derr poster:
Credit me, and remember to put in the OP, "Always Remember to Pack a Snorlax". I would love to have a userbar for this, as it would be funny!

Purpose: 4 teh lulz. Alternatively, Snorlax are lazy, seemingly worthless gluttons. However, when they go into battle, they're like Slaking without Truant! They're extremely useful, and besides, who hasn't wanted to ride the Sea on Snorlax's stomach? Always remember to pack a Snorlax.

That'd basically be a solo challenge with exception of no species clause

It's probably been done loads of time cause there are crazy people on here who try and solo with every single Pokemon.

What could be interesting is if it was a Snorlax themed team like maybe you are required to have a Snorlax, all other Pokemon on your team must be something similar to the weight of a Snorlax, it can't over a certain amount of pounds or under. Maybe allow Jigglypuff that has sing or Hypnosis

Shea Man
August 31st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Snorlax themed sounds good. Too bad my Pokedex (Pkmn Dmnd) broke. I could make a list.

Mr. X
August 31st, 2011, 04:23 PM
I've got some idea's.

First Encounter
Basicly, your only allowed to capture one pokemon per route for your team. You can interchange you team, but only with a first catch from another route. Grass/Surfing/Fishing are seperate encounters. If you encounter the same pokemon on two diffrent routes, you'll be having two of the same. HM slaves allowed, but only if you don't have a pokemon that can learn that HM.

Caged in Darkness
Basicly, you can only use pokemon that you catch in caves. HM slaves allowed

Don't forget
Your not allowed to forget moves. Basicly, your first 4 will be what you have to use. HM slaves are allowed of course.

Sentimental
You can't forget the first same type move that your pokemon learns. Say you have a fire pokemon. It learns Ember. It can't forget it. For normal pokemon, it will be the first move in their list. If your pokemon already knows a same type move, then it can't forget that one. If it knows more then one then you must keep whichever one it learns at a lower level (This means checking Serbrii) For dual typed pokemon, same type will be considered their first listed type.

Clipped Wings
Basicly, you can't use flying type pokemon or flying type moves, including HM Fly.

jdthebud
August 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
I've got some idea's.

First Encounter
Basicly, your only allowed to capture one pokemon per route for your team. You can interchange you team, but only with a first catch from another route. Grass/Surfing/Fishing are seperate encounters. If you encounter the same pokemon on two diffrent routes, you'll be having two of the same. HM slaves allowed, but only if you don't have a pokemon that can learn that HM.
See the Nuzlocke Challenge.

Caged in Darkness
Basicly, you can only use pokemon that you catch in caves. HM slaves allowed.
this is an Area Challenge, it's been done before, feel free to revive it with all areas considered (grass, water, etc.)

Don't forget
Your not allowed to forget moves. Basicly, your first 4 will be what you have to use. HM slaves are allowed of course.

Sentimental
You can't forget the first same type move that your pokemon learns. Say you have a fire pokemon. It learns Ember. It can't forget it. For normal pokemon, it will be the first move in their list. If your pokemon already knows a same type move, then it can't forget that one. If it knows more then one then you must keep whichever one it learns at a lower level (This means checking Serbrii) For dual typed pokemon, same type will be considered their first listed type.
These are both okay ideas for a challenge. I think they have been done before, try searching the threads that go back more than a month.

Clipped Wings
Basicly, you can't use flying type pokemon or flying type moves, including HM Fly.
This isn't restricting enough by itself for a real challenge.

Mr. X
August 31st, 2011, 06:41 PM
First catch is completely unrelated to Nuzlocke because
A) if it faints, its still alive
and
B) You can catch more then one pokemon on a certian route. (Say a route has water on it. You catch a pokemon in the grass. You surf on the water and catch one. You fish and catch one) unlike nuzlocks where the entire route is counted as a area which im assuming means your only allowed to catch one pokemon with the method of your choice. (Grass, or surfing or fishing)

LaureTheLoner
September 1st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Snorlax themed sounds good. Too bad my Pokedex (Pkmn Dmnd) broke. I could make a list.

You could always use bulbapedia it has Pokemon listed by weight

Sydian
September 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Laure, you should totally post that Christian challenge.

Sooyun
September 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Laure, you should totally post that Christian challenge.

But Syd, what about the Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindis, Agnostics, Taoists, and Atheists?

Or would that give us too many options?

Nakuzami
September 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.

Sooyun
September 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.

There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Beauty: They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that implement beauty, small cute ones, and pretty pink ones.

Biker/Cue Ball/Roughneck/Hooligan: Fighting and Dark types.

Bird Keeper/Pilot: Flying types.

Blackbelt/Battle Girl/Crush Girl: Fighting types.

Bug Catcher/Bug Maniac: Bug Types. Maniacs usually have evolved Pokemon.

Burglar: Fire types, Pokemon that emit smoke such as Koffing/Weezing.

Channeler/Medium/Hex Maniac: Ghost, Psychic & Ghost (for Mediums & HM)

Engineer/Guitarist/Rocker: Electric

Fisherman: Pokemon caught via fishing

Gentlemen/Socialite: Pokemon based on pets

Hiker: Fighting, Ground, and Rock-types. Pokemon found in caves.

Juggler/Clown/Harlequin: Pokemon associated with the circus such as Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Seel, Phanphy/Donphan, Ponyta/Rapidash, Pokemon that are round such as Voltorb/Electrode. (I've added a few since bulbapedia only lists Mr. Mime, Mime Jr. and Voltorb/Electrode.)

Lass/Youngsters: Pokemon found relatively early, such as those found on the first 2 routes of any region.

Poké Maniac: Pokemon in the Monster egg group

Psychic: Phychic types mainly, sometimes Ghost

Sailor: Water types, the exception being Machop evolutionary line

Scientist: Man made Pokemon, Psychic types

Super Nerd: Electric, Fire, Poison

Swimmer: Water types

Tamer/Collector: Version exclusive, rare Pokemon

Boarder/Skier: Ice Types

Dragon Tamer: Dragon types and Pokemon that look like dragons

Fire breather/Kindler: Fire types

Pokefan: Pokemon in Fairy egg group

Kimono Girl/Sage: Uses Eevolutions, Bellsprout, Hoothoot

Policeman: Growlithe, Herdier, Hoothoot, Fighting types

Rocket Grunt: Rattata line, Ekans line, Sandshrew line, Zubat line, Machop line, Grimer line, Drowzee line, Cubone line, Oddish line, Koffing line, Murkrow line, Houndour line

Twins: complimentary Pokemon such as Plusle, Minun, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, Spinarak that come in pairs. Sometimes 2 of the same Pokemon.

Artist: Pokémon that can learn Copycat and Mimic, such as Bonsly and Mime Jr., as well as Pokémon related to the arts, such as Kricketune and Smeargle

Aqua Admin/Grunt: Water, Poison, Dark

Magma Admin/Grunt: Fire, Poison, Dark, Ground

Ninja: Poison-type Pokémon, Nincada and Ninjask

Aroma Lady: Grass types, Combee

Ruin Maniac: Rock, Ground, Steel

Maid: Field egg group

Idol: Fairy egg group

Galactic Grunt: combination of Glameow, Stunky, Croagunk, Zubat, Houndour, Murkrow, and the Wurmple line

Doctor/Nurse: Psychic, Bug

Janitor: Mincinno line and other Pokemon that like to clean, Trubbish line and Pokemon that represent filth such as Grimer, Koffing

Musician: Pokemon related to singing

Preschooler: Small, cute Pokemon. Usually unevolved

Plasma Grunt: Pattrat line, Purrloin line, Sandile line, Scraggy Line, Trubbish line

I know it's not organized, but I'm sure someone else can do that if they revive this challenge.

Sydian
September 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I like the idea of a trainer class challenge. :) I'd totally participate. Dunno what game I'd use...probably Emerald. Also, super cool awesome announcement time! There will be an event next month! If you know what next month is and what it's associated with, I'm sure you can guess what type of event it is. Still working out some stuff on it, but it should be a good one, and a little more challenging than previous events. And in other news, I think I'm crazy. I'm playing FireRed, which is my least favorite game. I just don't understand myself atm. ;-;

Nakuzami
September 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Beauty: They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that implement beauty, small cute ones, and pretty pink ones.

Biker/Cue Ball/Roughneck/Hooligan: Fighting and Dark types.

Bird Keeper/Pilot: Flying types.

Blackbelt/Battle Girl/Crush Girl: Fighting types.

Bug Catcher/Bug Maniac: Bug Types. Maniacs usually have evolved Pokemon.

Burglar: Fire types, Pokemon that emit smoke such as Koffing/Weezing.

Channeler/Medium/Hex Maniac: Ghost, Psychic & Ghost (for Mediums & HM)

Engineer/Guitarist/Rocker: Electric

Fisherman: Pokemon caught via fishing

Gentlemen/Socialite: Pokemon based on pets

Hiker: Fighting, Ground, and Rock-types. Pokemon found in caves.

Juggler/Clown/Harlequin: Pokemon associated with the circus such as Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Seel, Phanphy/Donphan, Ponyta/Rapidash, Pokemon that are round such as Voltorb/Electrode. (I've added a few since bulbapedia only lists Mr. Mime, Mime Jr. and Voltorb/Electrode.)

Lass/Youngsters: Pokemon found relatively early, such as those found on the first 2 routes of any region.

Poké Maniac: Pokemon in the Monster egg group

Psychic: Phychic types mainly, sometimes Ghost

Sailor: Water types, the exception being Machop evolutionary line

Scientist: Man made Pokemon, Psychic types

Super Nerd: Electric, Fire, Poison

Swimmer: Water types

Tamer/Collector: Version exclusive, rare Pokemon

Boarder/Skier: Ice Types

Dragon Tamer: Dragon types and Pokemon that look like dragons

Fire breather/Kindler: Fire types

Pokefan: Pokemon in Fairy egg group

Kimono Girl/Sage: Uses Eevolutions, Bellsprout, Hoothoot

Policeman: Growlithe, Herdier, Hoothoot, Fighting types

Rocket Grunt: Rattata line, Ekans line, Sandshrew line, Zubat line, Machop line, Grimer line, Drowzee line, Cubone line, Oddish line, Koffing line, Murkrow line, Houndour line

Twins: complimentary Pokemon such as Plusle, Minun, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, Spinarak that come in pairs. Sometimes 2 of the same Pokemon.

Artist: Pokémon that can learn Copycat and Mimic, such as Bonsly and Mime Jr., as well as Pokémon related to the arts, such as Kricketune and Smeargle

Aqua Admin/Grunt: Water, Poison, Dark

Magma Admin/Grunt: Fire, Poison, Dark, Ground

Ninja: Poison-type Pokémon, Nincada and Ninjask

Aroma Lady: Grass types, Combee

Ruin Maniac: Rock, Ground, Steel

Maid: Field egg group

Idol: Fairy egg group

Galactic Grunt: combination of Glameow, Stunky, Croagunk, Zubat, Houndour, Murkrow, and the Wurmple line

Doctor/Nurse: Psychic, Bug

Janitor: Mincinno line and other Pokemon that like to clean, Trubbish line and Pokemon that represent filth such as Grimer, Koffing

Musician: Pokemon related to singing

Preschooler: Small, cute Pokemon. Usually unevolved

Plasma Grunt: Pattrat line, Purrloin line, Sandile line, Scraggy Line, Trubbish line

I know it's not organized, but I'm sure someone else can do that if they revive this challenge.

So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3

Sooyun
September 20th, 2011, 07:47 PM
So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3

Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.

Young4Ever
September 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah,SYdian,will we have have a halloween challenge event? :3

deoxys121
September 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.

Sydian
September 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM

Oh yeah,SYdian,will we have have a halloween challenge event? :3

:3c

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics?

Love 8-bit though, so that can't be it. ;-;

What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.

FURY SWIPPPPESSS. Not a bad idea though. -keeps a vigilant eye out for said challenge-

Young4Ever
September 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P

Sooyun
September 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P

might want to use that space bar a bit more? It's hard enough to read with the size 2 font *squints*

Young4Ever
September 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry didn't realize that '-_-

Shea Man
September 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Now here's an idea which seems extremely easy, yet I still do not wish to participate

"Shedinja's Challenge: Sans Wonder Guard, Level 100 Gym Fight!"

Goal: Get through all of the Gym battles AND Elite Four using lvl 100 Pokemon without sustaining a single hit from an offensive move!

Conditions: You may use any level Pokemon, but it's expected that you use level 100 Pokemon
Any Pokemon is okay, even emulation hacks.
If a pokemon sustains ONE hit from an offensive maneuver (during a Gym Leader Battle), you may no longer use it. If you're using six Slakings and they all get hit, you must try again from the PC. On this note, it's ideal to use the DeSmuMe Emulator, due to its multi-save function.

Trivial Matter: Save slot at the PC, and if you get blundered, load the recently saved data and act as if you'd whited (or as they FINALLY started saying, Blacked) out. You mmay challenge the leader again, but you must restart when your team has become perfectly imperfect.

Terminology:
Speed-through - OHKO each Leader Pokemon
Edinburgh - Using actual Shedinja - easiestestest way to do this
Stunfisk'd - When your Pokemon actually does Faint (Still Derpin' up your forums)
Objection! - Hardcore mode - if you sustain a SINGLE hit on any Pokemon, you must retry the gym. Also, the one hit fainting rule also applies to regular trainers! (Yep, Phoenix Wright.)
Kanto Killstreak - Perform the challenge in Kanto without being defeated once in Objection!
Johto Gype'd - Perform the Objection! challenge in Johto without a single loss
Hoenn Honed - Perform the Objection! challenge in Hoenn without a single loss
Sinnoh Scintillation - Perform the Objection! challenge in Sinnoh without a single loss
Unova Pride - Perform the Objection! challenge in Unova without a single loss OR ANY PREVIOUS GENERATION POKEMON
Unova Ultra - Perform the Unova Objection! challenge without a single loss

Achievement rankings:
Kanto Killstreak - 100 Gamerscore
Johto Gype'd - 125 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Scintillation - 150 Gamerscore
Unova Ultra - 175 Gamerscore
Unova Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Kanto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Johto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Hoenn Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Get Stunfisk'd - 0 Gamerscore
Shinobi - 50 Gamerscore (Edinburgh all the way)
Power-Player - 100 Gamerscore (Speed-through all the way)
Badger - 100 Gamerscore (Objection! Completion)
Skillful Nerd - 500 Gamerscore (Get all the Regional Achieveements)
I Own Everything - 500 Gamerscore (Get all other Achievements)

TotalPossible: 2,800 Gamerscore
If you get all the Gamerscore, you get good kudos.

deoxys121
September 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Shea Man: That challenge sounds rather fun. I could see myself playing it. Though I wouldn't start it myself; too much to keep track of.

Young4Ever
September 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Might work but I'm no good with those kind of challenges '-_-

Nakuzami
September 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.

Well thank you :3

And I hadn't planned to use just Team Plasma, that was just my example.
Hint: reread everything in that post ;3
Well, I might consider making that challenge then.
Holloween Challenge sounds... interesting. Perhaps it would have something to do with a Ghost/Dark type challenge/theme/something?

@Shea Man - Sounds interesting but... well, I don't know if I'd make that :S Who knows? Maybe.

Ciax
September 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I have to admit, just thinking about a halloween challenge makes me excited. So many possibilities, probably soemthing like nakuzami said, dark and ghost types.

Shea Man
September 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
lol Nobody wants to do my Shedinja sans Wonder Guard Challenge.

I'm too far into my White version game on DeSmuMe to care about anything else ^_^

Sydian
September 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm itching to get the Halloween challenge started also, guys! I'm hoping you'll like the way the teams have to be set up. It took me a while to think of it too, lol. I will give you a spoiler though, but only since you've already guessed it...you are required to use a Ghost-type. Which is great for me, because I love Ghosts.

Ciax
September 29th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?

vaporeon7
September 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Ohh looks like I came at the right time. Maybe a challenge where all Pokemon have to be ghost, dark types or have to be in the monster or amorphous egg groups.

I haven't being doing many challenges recently. I did get some of my Nuzlocke done in history however because my teacher said we could go on our laptops why he tried to get a documentary to play, it took him 45 minutes. Also I must beat Syd in my Hall of Fame Challenge.

dragonite149
September 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Heh, random idea inspired by something I'm trying to do on PF.

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.

Sydian
September 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?

Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.

deoxys121
September 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.

Syd, that would be the Character Challenge. Not sure if it's still alive or not, but I've seen it.
EDIT: Just checked, it's still alive. Last post was September 20th.