• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How is your School set-up?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • How is your school set-up? What Grades does your school have? Does your School have Houses and Teams? What kind of things do you do in your school? If you want you can even post a picture of your school.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Very simple setup... and that is no setup. You're students. You attend classes according to schedule. The end of story...

as for sports teams, well Old Scona Academic is a whole school of geeks. So you expect us to do something about sports? For a hundred year old school, we have an amazing amount of medals... all of them for debate.

In one hundred year of time, we won one medal for sports! ^_^;; 1991 we actually won a sports event for the first time in pretty much a hundred year. And this year our school is kind of excited as we got into the semi-finals for volleyball for the first time in our school's history. As a celebration for that and as a boost for team moral, our school decided that we will get a banner for once...

(note: our school has no gym... we only borrow gyms from various places)

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • y school is middle school, we have 6th, 7th and 8 th ( my grade! ^ ^) in m school and we have sports teams, but we arn't assorted in teams!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • scona1.gif

just look at it and you know it's ancient and geeky... at least that's what people in Edmonton says...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I guess im the only one with a UNIQUE school. My school has houses, Green Gold Tan and Blue. Our School Colors are White and Red but the Old SChool colors were Silver and Crimson ( Whats the Difference? lol )

Heres a Pictures ( Model ) of my school.

high_map.gif

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Mines is HUGE!!!!!!!!! It's almost a mile long, but its divided to 2 schools!! I attend the other half, Elsik, the other half is Hastings.

The grades are only 9th, I attend Elsik 9th grade center. ^^; It sux, and I hate it. I wanna get out of there, but I'm only going there for mah mum..

*gets killed by evil teachers*

~CaRtOON

Years
  • My school started as a school for 7 boys from the Molson family. The original building was actually a house on Mackay Street used between 1908 to 1909 but they quickly moved after the enrollment of 52 boys. In 1912 the first headmaster Captain Lucas who gratuated from Selwyn College in Cambridge gave his school in the hands of another student from the same college named MacAulay who then changed the schools name from Lucas School to Selwyn House in honour of their college. In 1916 Captain Lucas was sniped in Ireland during WWI. During the 1920s my school moved to many places as more boys were enrolled. In the late 20s, MacAulay retired and Wanstall took over. A few years later, the school moved into a building in Redpath where he stayed as headmaster until his sudden death. After his death, the school went headmasterless for a while until Speirs took over in 1945. In 1961 they bought the building of former Westmount Public School. A few headmaters later in the late 80s they bought the building across from the school naming it MacAulay buidling and naming the other building Lucas building. On June 2002 they used their empty piece of land to build a new building that would them 18 million dollars (Canadian though :P ) from the originally estimated 11 million which the named it the Speirs building. They also built a tunnel from that new building to the building across the street so students wouldn't have to cross the streets. They also built a bridge from the new building to the original building. Construction finished in October 2003.

The following pictures are from left to right...the Lucas building, Headmaster Lucas,the Speirs (new) building, the tree dedicated to a then grade 8 student who lost his life and in the background the Lucas and Speirs building.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • 3 Teams which splits up the 4 towns. The only classes are combined togeter (All teams) is gym, art, Band, Chorus, World Lanaguage, Home Rec., and Woodshop.

Well, Theres two schools in the regional district, Junior High School (7th, 8th, and 9th (Soon will be moved up to the high school)) and High School (10th Grade and Beyond)

For more infomation, Just Check this website.

www.westex.org

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
  • Grades here are determined as Year. We here have Year 1 as Junior High, and Year 2 and upper level are in senior level which i'm currently in.
    Every 20 days, on Block A schedule, we change our course everyday in that time. There's Wood Working, TE/HE III, Russian III, Spanish III and lot more. It sometimes depends on the year your currently in. For now, if your known as Junior High, you most likely would most get the easiest courses there is. When you step to another Year to another, it kind of gets harder as it is. It gets to different stages and different courses. It won't all be the same. In our school, we do have teams within different
    sports. They're organized as different teams and challenge other schools. Our school has our own ground, and challengers just come in to challenge. So far, that's all I know for Sports for my school, not really capable of it yet since I never participated yet because of this semester I currently have Physical Education III for a Block A course.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • We have from Reception to year 12, but our school has several campuses. I go to the senior school campus, which is year 7-12. We have 5 day houses and a boarding house. My school is a very big sports school, sport is compulsory which is crap since I hate playing sport. I managed a way to get out of sport XD. My school is also a big drama school, which is also crap since I do not like drama... I am in Year 11 at my school, but my exams are finished so I have pretty much finished year 11.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I attend Eisenhower High School...their is lots of information on it here

Drakken

Hungry O_O
    Years
    • Age 33
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 16, 2008
    -_- I go to Middle School... And we had the 5th in it, but they moved :D
    And we only have 3 grades, and uhh.. Our school is being renovated! It's a pathetic school it is..

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Oh ya Did I mention that my school has 5000 Kids in it?

I dont know how much in each house but .... Green house and Gold house have 2400 together... and then there Core rooms.... * Babbles *.

Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Oh ya Did I mention that my school has 5000 Kids in it?

I dont know how much in each house but .... Green house and Gold house have 2400 together... and then there Core rooms.... * Babbles *.
    To tell you the truth, I like schools that don't have a lot of students so it's easier to know everyone.

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Whoa. My school has about 1200 kids, I think...grades 10-12. It's the biggest school I've ever been to, anyway. I like the large size...it's easier to hide, and you're not with the same people all the time. There's no houses or anything, although that'd be kinda cool... It's a pretty famous school, really old 'n' stuff. Too bad we're not really all that up to snuff this yeah...oh well.

*mutters* Other bands got to go to Hawaii...where do we go? Freakin' Vancouver...ugh.

Years
  • My school has 565 students:
    267 - Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
    124 - Middle School (Grade 7 and 8)
    174 - Secondary School (Grades 9 to 11)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • latiosspud said:
    To tell you the truth, I like schools that don't have a lot of students so it's easier to know everyone.

and even in a school where 3 grades together only add up to 300, still i know less than 30 of them by name, and less than 12 in person. And i would classify only 4 of them as friends and unfortunately one of them as stalker.

argh... so much people homeschooled here... the 3 of you homeschool-ers are making me... jealous *sigh*

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    and even in a school where 3 grades together only add up to 300, still i know less than 30 of them by name, and less than 12 in person. And i would classify only 4 of them as friends and unfortunately one of them as stalker.

argh... so much people homeschooled here... the 3 of you homeschool-ers are making me... jealous *sigh*
    There's a little over 60 grade 7 students in my school, and I know more than 40 of them. The rest either don't have any classes with me or I just plainly don't like.

Back