• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel Tank (Modified)

Years
  • Pokemon: 18
    4x Onix
    3x Steelix Prime
    1x Steelix (SF)
    1x Treeko
    1x Sceptile (SF)
    2x Nidoran
    1x Nidorina
    2x Nidoqueen
    2x Uxie
    1x Azelf
    4x Unown R

Trainers: 30

Supporter:11
    4x Engineer's Adjustent
    4x Pokemon Collectors
    2x Lucien's Assignment
    1x Palmer's Contribution

Trainer:14
    4x Super Scoop Up
    4x Pokemon Communication
    3x Rare Candy
    2x Switch
    1x Warp Point
    1x Luxury Ball

Tool: 3
    3x Expert Belt

Stadium: 2
    2x Broken Time Space

Energies:12
    4x Special Metal
    4x Double Colorless
    4x Rainnbow Energy

Strategy:
    Steelix here is our main attacker. With Perfect Metal he is immune to Special Conditions. Add in a few Special Metal Energy and an Expert belt he becomes a tank beast. When in danger of being KO's SSU ftw.

Nidoqueen is used for Maternal Confort. It removes 1 dmg counter every between turn. Ideal for Steelix's tank or removing the damage counter from Rainbow Energy.

Sceptile and Stark Mountain are used to transfer Energy. Sceptile is able to transfer the Rainbow energy and Stark is for the Metal Energy. Ideally used right before a SSU.

Unown R, creates consistency. When needed, just bench and discard for an extra card, makes running through the deck for what you need a lot easier. Also be utilised with Pokemon Collectors whenever you don't feel as if you need 3 Basics and just want to draw a card or two or it can be used for Pokemon Communication.

Last edited:

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
  • FYI, Stark Mountain only moves Fire and Fighting Energy, not Metal. If you want a Stadium try Conductive Quarry. It lets you flip a coin and if heads you can get a Metal Energy (basic or Special) from your discard pile and add it to your hand, which you can then use with Engineer's Adjustments, or attach if you need to.

Also, I would replace the Sceptile with Flygon (RR) and add a few basic Metal energy. Flygon's Rainbow Float can give your Steelix free retreat as long as Flygon has a basic Metal (not Special!) attached to it, and can serve as a backup attacker if needed. This will be useful if a Steelix is heavily damaged and you can't use SSU and you have Nidoqueen in play. (also, don't you mean Nidorina in between Nidoran and Nidoqueen on your list?) Sceptile is actually uneeded since Steelix Prime can retrieve Energy from the discard pile.

If this deck is for the upcoming Modified format, Night Maintenance will no longer be legal, so I'd replace it with Palmer's Contribution.

Other than that, nice deck!

Years
  • Replace Stark for BTS. I have Steelix to get energy from discard.
    Nidoqueen may be my backup attacker.
    Sceptile is to transfer the Rainbow energy into Nidoqueen or to another Steelix before a SSU.
    And I changed NM to Palmers.

Thanks for the input

Back