• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever use a Snap kiosk?

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Anybody ever use those Pokémon Snap kiosks found at Blockbuster? I had a card, but I don't think I ever used it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wanted to, but was was never able. :( I think it would have been cool, though. I don't know anyone that did it.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I did! And I think somewhere I still have the little 5$ card you put in the kiosk. It had a Charmander on it.

It was a waste of money, a complete waste of money, and the pictures were pretty ugly, but as a Poke-obsessed kid I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Mine was at Blockbuster.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Like many game with special promotions, I didn't get Pokemon Snap, let alone an N64 until long after the kiosks were no longer supported. So no, I never got the chance to use one. :(

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I found a pic I wanted on the game, but I never knew where the kiosks were, since they didn't really advt. them

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • I had a card with a Jigglypuff on it, and I once looked at someone else's pictures on a kiosk, but otherwise, no.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I did twice! :>

I used to rent Pokémon Snap a lot (I didn't own it until yeaaars after the N64 was ~obsolete~) and there was a kiosk in the Blockbuster we frequented. So as I was returning the cartridge after the week(end), my mom would sometimes let me print stickers. The first time I did it, I didn't know what I was doing and I accidentally printed 4 stickers of crappy pictures. ><; There was like a Meowth half in the frame, a Lapras from WAY far out so you could really only see water... an Eevee half-hidden by a rolling Chansey from fairly far away, and I think Doduo leaping over the tracks. D: MAN THAT SUCKED.

I don't remember what I printed the other times I used it but I know I got decent stickers those times. XD; I still have some of the cards you bought in order to print them somewhere...

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    No, because I'd never heard of them until right now. I did have Snap, maybe they just didn't do it in this country.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I wish they were still around so I could print this out:

Did you ever use a Snap kiosk?

it may not be 10000 but its the best I can do :cheeky:

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I always wanted to, but I never officially "owned" Snap. It was a Blockbuster rental that I just never returned. xD Didn't they do some sort of promotion where the best "photographer" would win a trip to Africa?

@DXrobots: ...my 9-year-old self hates you.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have a bunch of cool pictures. Too bad that the N64 became obsolete when I moved to Canada.

Back