• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Pokemon General

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
Years
What was the point of making two Pokemon General's? I mean, sure one's for General Gaming and one's for Pokemon in General, but it wouldn't kill you to roll them both together. It just confuses me to be honest

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Because Pokemon General covers topics such as favourite Pokemon out of two parallels, your favourite part of Pokemon and most unappealing Pokemon, etc. It's generally the midway point for discussions that don't fit into either areas.

Pokemon General Gaming covers questions related to just the games, which is why Pokemon TV show/movies exists, too, because it relates to just the anime.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
We did have them both together, however Pokemon General was getting to swamped with gaming discussions. That's why we have Pokemon General for discussing Pokemon in general. So, topics that include the animé, games and manga and not just specific to one forum belong in Pokemon General, while any specific ones belong in their dedicated forums.

General Pokemon Gaming is similar, as it's about Pokemon games in general. So if your thread is about something similar in all the Pokemon games, or different generations, then it belongs in General Pokemon Gaming.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
Years
Fair enough, but you could've got more Moderator's on the old Pokemon General to monitor all the pointless threads, and say you have pokemon relating to a certain generation I.E: Which pokemon is better, you sh ould just move it to that Sub-Forum.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Fair enough, but you could've got more Moderator's on the old Pokemon General to monitor all the pointless threads, and say you have pokemon relating to a certain generation I.E: Which pokemon is better, you sh ould just move it to that Sub-Forum.
I don't understand where you're coming from. If you're talking about any of the old gaming-related threads in Pokemon General, I moved them to General Pokemon Gaming. Even any that pop up now that are valid enough, I still move them to the relevant forum.

Back