• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Reply Button?

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
Years
  • Note: This is a suggestion for visitor messages.
    We are bored of clicking the "User name" or "View your conversation with ???"
    To make it simpler we can make a reply button over there?
    And after clicking the "Reply" button, a text box should appear under the visitor message...
    This would be a good idea....
    Thanks in advance....

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Well you see, this would involve a lot more coding than really necessary as all you need to do is click one link to view your conversatin with the person. It shows great impatience if you're not willing to wait 3 or 4 seconds for your browser to fully load your conversation with someone. The way it is now is the vBulliten default and would be a lot of hastle to deal with, for what very much something aesthetic. This is a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" scenario.
    Also this isn't a social networking site like Bebo or Facebook, and the more PC distinguishes itself from that of the SN fad, the better.
    Futhermore, clicking a reply button is effectively the same as clicking the "View your conversation with..." link as a reply button would also take time to load. If you get "bored" with clicking the afore mentioned, I would come to the conclusion that visitor messaging is something of a burden rather than an enjoyment. Personally, I nor anyone I've talked to has complained about the way it is arranged.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Seriously, you're to lazy to click once, wait a few seconds, click again and type? And instead you want to click once wait half a second and start typing? I'm sorry but if you had a better internet connection that loaded in that time you wouldn't be having this problem.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
  • Well you see, this would involve a lot more coding than really necessary as all you need to do is click one link to view your conversation with the person. It shows great impatience if you're not willing to wait 3 or 4 seconds for your browser to fully load your conversation with someone. The way it is now is the vBulliten default and would be a lot of hassle to deal with, for what very much something aesthetic. This is a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" scenario.
    Also this isn't a social networking site like Bebo or Facebook, and the more PC distinguishes itself from that of the SN fad, the better.
    Furthermore, clicking a reply button is effectively the same as clicking the "View your conversation with..." link as a reply button would also take time to load. If you get "bored" with clicking the a fore mentioned, I would come to the conclusion that visitor messaging is something of a burden rather than an enjoyment. Personally, I nor anyone I've talked to has complained about the way it is arranged.
    Oh!! I never thought about that!, I am very sorry!

Seriously, you're to lazy to click once, wait a few seconds, click again and type? And instead you want to click once wait half a second and start typing? I'm sorry but if you had a better internet connection that loaded in that time you wouldn't be having this problem.
    Yeah. You're right. I have a slow internet connection.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • I agree with the OP though...
    It's a pain in the neck to accidentally reply to someone and see that it got posted on your profile instead of theirs...

Talking about "if it's not broken, do not fix it," PMs were never broken, why did we need something more convenient like VMs?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I agree with the OP though...
    It's a pain in the neck to accidentally reply to someone and see that it got posted on your profile instead of theirs...

Talking about "if it's not broken, do not fix it," PMs were never broken, why did we need something more convenient like VMs?

Again, that's just general laziness when all you have to do is click one link. It's pretty easy to see when you're about to post on your own profile seeing as in the wysiwyg editor is on your profile after all. For the sake of a few seconds you're just going to have to get used to clicking "view conversation" because to be honest, there's nothing wrong with the feature in my eyes.

Something convenient like vm's were created by vBulletin, not by PC. So it's not like PC made them to make things easier for their members. We didn't have a choice when vB updated, not that PC would say no to a vm system anyway. If vB add something like this, we'll get it too. Though I'm assuming it's passed through the developers minds once in a while, I doubt that it'd be implemented as it takes away from how a forum works and makes it more like social networking.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Sorry if I sound harsh... but.

Again, that's just general laziness when all you have to do is click one link.

Isn't it laziness on the staff's part to not implement something for their users' convenience?
    It's pretty easy to see when you're about to post on your own profile seeing as in the wysiwyg editor is on your profile after all.
    I usually have the profile customizations turned off, since most profiles aren't even easy to see. (bad choice of colours, invisible text)
    Moreover, usually when I'm VMing, I'm in a hurry to switch to a different tab to read an actual thread.
    For the sake of a few seconds you're just going to have to get used to clicking "view conversation" because to be honest, there's nothing wrong with the feature in my eyes.
    It doesn't save time considering the ways it is implemented, it's just as much effort to click the reply button, type the message and click reply again OR to view the conversation, then type the message and then reply.
    It's just convenience.
    Something convenient like vm's were created by vBulletin, not by PC. So it's not like PC made them to make things easier for their members. We didn't have a choice when vB updated, not that PC would say no to a vm system anyway. If vB add something like this, we'll get it too. Though I'm assuming it's passed through the developers minds once in a while, I doubt that it'd be implemented as it takes away from how a forum works and makes it more like social networking.
    Are you saying PC doesn't want to make its' interface easier, add more features?
    Forums are a form of social networking. The very idea of VMs gives PC a "social networking" status. A small button does not do that.

My opinion: If you want to have something like VMs on PC, at least implement them in a way they are easy to use.
    I don't like the feature (VM) itself, but if PCs gonna have it, with almost everybody using it, it should not be bugged / inconvenient.

Last edited:
    Back