• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite of Ash's birds?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • which was your favorite of ashs bird pokemon in each generation?

pigeot
    noctowl
    swellow
    staraptor

I find it hard to choose between swellow and staraptor. But i also found it sad the episode ash FINALY got his pigeotto to evolve just so he could part with it =/

cant figure out how to make this a poll, still kinda new ya see. either way discuss.

shot571

Pidgeot definitely. Dude he was a beast. Shame he left though. Stupid weak pidgies >_>

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I would have to say Staraptor.
    I don't know why.

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • staraptor is the best sweeper of the 4 of them =P

max its attack and speed.

give it moves:

brave bird (granted =P )
    close combat (for rock and ice weakness)
    giga impact (what electric types have high def? lol)
    u-turn (for urgent switch outs while still dealing damage =P)

shot571

staraptor is a pidgeot wannabe. I bet if I was battling someone with a pidgeot i could beat their staraptor. Pidgeot ftw

Years
  • I'll go with Swellow and Staraptor, but before any of you die-hard gen 1 and 2 fans get on me for this, let me explain.

Swellow and Staraptor got much more screentime than the earlier two birds, mainly because of the lack of flying-type moves in the earlier generations. They also had a lot more personality. They just felt better overall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Definitely Pidgeot just because it is awesome. Swellow is pretty sweet just because it can take some significant damage and still fight. Noctowl is underrated and still great, but Ash just never used it in battle that much. Staraptor is alright, his Brave Bird is cool but I think it is too overpowered in some cases.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Looking at this thread reminds me of how it's hard for me to dislike any Bird Type Pokemon.

I like almost all Bird Type Pokemon, and I like all of those Ash has.
    But Pidgeot has a special place in my mind, and is personally my favourite for what it was and is.
    It may not be good competitively in these gens, but my loyalty doesn't let go of things this way.
    Even in terms of looks it's beautiful, but so are the others great at both battle and looks.

I have to say Ash's Pidgeot is my most favourite among his bird type Pokemon, but I like the others almost as much.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • pigeot01.jpg

Nuff said !!!

Years
  • If Ash kept his Pidgeot and trained it, it would have definitely been the most beast of all his pokemon. Too bad he lost his Pidgeot because it was seriously BEAST-TASTIC

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'd say Staraptor... It's ability to use other moves than Normal&Flying is a Definite advantage but in the episode Pidgeotto evolved didn't ash say he was going to come back for pidgeot Maybe Isshu?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • arial ace is a good standard move for most birds for trainers who cant decide between high power but bad acc/recoil and people who perfer lower power but better accuracy.

i puts double teamers to shame =P

Back