• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Switchey Switchey-PG

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
  • Rated PG because this has some really odd parts. No actually "Bad" stuff, though. Also some VERY mild language.

This is based on a story I wrote for a class project. So you know, it involves me, Sarah, my friend, Emma, and my (fake) teacher, Mr.Carlson (I made him up for my comedy writing years ago). All other characters are made up. It was by far one of my best strories ever! It was an"A"!

And it starts....

"Hey, Emma" Sarah exclaimed over the phone. "Mom said yes! I can come spend the night tonight!"

After a bunch of jumps and "Yay! Yay!"s, Sarah hung up the phone and began randomly throwing mismatching clothes and a DS into her bag, she hurried downstairs to see her Mom, laughing.

"Come on, Sarah, you aren't going until about an hour"

Sarah, who did not forget this, skipped along to her computer, where she sat in front of the screen on the Pokecommunity for an hour until finally her mom announced that it was time to go to Emma's house! Sarah bounced in her seat the whole way, thinking about how much fun she was about to have with Emma. When they drove up the driveway, Sarah jumped out of the car before it even stopped and began banging on the door, which was soon answered by Emma.

They played an array of games, including Wii Sports and Life for Real, a version of the popular Life game they created, until it was nearly 9 PM.

"Emma, Sarah! Time to go to bed, girls!" called Jeremy, Emma's dad.And the girls, not seeking a fight, put on their PJs and went to bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Editor's Note: This is where it gets weird!)

"Bawk! Mr. Rooster says it's time to get up! Cawk-a doodle-DOO!"

The girls woke with a start at the sound of the peculiar alarm clock "Mr.Rooster", and made haste to put on PJ's so they could get away from it.

It wasn't until after they ate and looked in the mirror did they notice the very, er, ODD thing that happened to them.

"EEEEEKKK! I've mutated into an alien that looks like Sarah!" cried Emma to the mirror.

Sarah, who wanted to know why she ran screaming from the bathroom, made a detour to the bathroom to see the big deal. She nearly fainted when she looked into the mirror.

The girls found each other, and breaking the two second's silence they screamed,
    "We Switched Bodies! AAAAAHHHH!"

Sarah and Emma soon learned the benefits of being in someone elses body. Emma, who was always wanting to stir up trouble but afraid she would be caught, seized this chance later that day, when Mr.Carlson was teaching math and suddenly, a meteor-like spitball consumed him whole.

"How did you do that?" hissed Sarah to Emma, but the reply was lost in the loud noises emating from the battle between Mr.Carlson and the spitball, which ended as the teacher tossed it out the window.

After class, then, Sarah turned to see Kelsi, a classmate of hers, wearing a red clown nose, clown make-up, and a rainbow afro.

"Nice make-up" Sarah said automatically, laughing.

There was also a slight mix-up in the math final they were taking that day.

"Emma, come up here." and Sarah, in Emma's body, went up.

"I noticed you put Sarah's name on your paper, Emma-" he began.

"Umm, April Fools day joke, I... guess." lied Sarah, trembling as she spoke; she had never been called up to the teacher's desk before.

"Well, you and Sarah both wrote the name of each other." he replied calmly.

And Sarah made up a totally false story; she did not think he would believe the story of switching bodies, anyway.

The school day ended as soon as it started. Emma and Sarah rushed back to Emma's house, where Albus Dumbledore was waiting on the front step.

"I believe Mr.Rooster went off looking for you." said Albus. "Anyway, have you seen Harry?"

Emma and Sarah ignored him as they ran into the house where a ton of Ratatta were invading the house,knawing on every stretch of the non-existant carpet. Then they rushed into Emma's room, where 3 foot Mosquitoes were sucking the blood out of Emma's dolls. Then Mr.Rooster found them:

"TIME TO GET UP!!!!
    Mr. Rooster Says so!
    AND YOU'D BETTER!"

"Ummm, Emma?" said Sarah, eyes wide, "I think we forgot to turn him off..."

But there was a kind of swirl; a flicker between Emma's face and the giant Rooster; Emma, Rooster, Emma, Rooster, Emma......

And the rooster disappeared as Emma's face came swirling into view.

"Come on Sarah, get up! It's almost time for breakfast!" Emma said. And upon seeing Sarah get up, she dashed out of the room.

Sarah rushed to the bathroom and checked her face. Sarah's face. HER face. She double checked Emma's room; no mosquitos and no Mr. Rooster. No Albus Dumbledore on the front porch, and no Ratatta's knawing the carpet that doesn't exist.

"Sarah, what's wrong?" Emma asked.

Sarah paused, considering telling her about her dream.

But she just retorted "Nothing!" and ate away her Oatmeal...

PS- If you haven't noticed, this wasn't meant to be some corny humor. We had a (Really Fun!) assignment where we had to write about dreams. After the story, I explained the whole thing in this simple context:Dreams reflect the unordinary by taking and distorting reality. Everything within your mind at the point of slumber combine to create a world that, in which, reflects you, your day, your life. You see what you wanted to have been and what you have desired, and you face your fears with courage inside them. When your eyes close, it's not the end of your daily adventures.

Last edited:

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • I'm not the best reviewer, but I really liked this! It was fun to read, and really funny. You're a good writer! I really liked the alarm clock, those annyoing little things love to wake people up. That's weird dream the girl had. Great Job!

Years
  • Apart from the odd quotation mark parts, It was a nice read.

I'm not usually a big fan of "large-text-for-emphasis" but it really made your story a lot more funny. Nice job.

Also, for the time being, you could always replace the quotations with italics.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Well, it was about time to fix the story, so I did. I also wrote a sequel for it below. It's a little shorter.

Switchey-Switchey 2

Sarah paced the room, the phone glued to her ear.

"So, anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go camping with us tomorrow?" Asked Emma, while Sarah's face lit up.

"Of course I want to go, just let me ask my Mom," Sarah exploded. "MOOOMM? CAN I GO CAMPING WITH EMMA TOMORROW?"

"Well, okay, alright with me!" she yelled back. "But start packing now before-"

But the rest of her words while Sarah screamed, gave Emma a hasty goodbye and threw random things into her bag.

"Sarah, I don't think you need all this..." Her mom said upon entering the room. "I mean, you don't need thi- EEW! WHAT IS THIS!" she screamed, dropping it hastily.

"Moomm, you're going to hurt my pet snail!" groaned Sarah.

And after saying something about never helping her pack again, her mom left the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, you put this pole here, and this one here, and this one...... Here!" muttered Emma. "Great! We've already set up the tent for tonight!"

"Yay! Let's go to the creek and catch some bugs!" cried Sarah as the girls took off.

"Honestly, how much Rooster Booster did they sneak behind my back?" Jeremy joked to himself, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, Emma, I caught a Gryllidae!" screamed Sarah excitedly.

"Really? I caught a Lampyridae!" cried Emma, just as excited.

And people in the campsites nearby were puzzled by the odd terms the girls were using until they apparently found a "Petauristini"

[Editor's note: A Petauristini is a Flying Squirrel, a Gryllidae is a Cricket, and a Lampyridae is a Firefly]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, that's the last blanket" yawned Sarah. "Let's hit the sack, Emma."

"Right" she agreed absentmindedly, and she collapsed onto her air mattress with a small plop and fell right to sleep.

Sarah, also tired, laid onto the bed nearest her, and Sarah's next dream started like a film waiting to be played.......

"Mr. Rooster says it's time to get up! Cawk-a-Doodle-DOO!"

"I thought we got rid of you" groaned Sarah has she put glasses on even though she doesn't need them.

"WELLLLL, your attempt failed, apparently. Now stinkin' get up so I can go to sleep." Mr.Rooster yawned, and then it turned itself off.

"Okay...... Awkward..." Sarah murmured to herself. "Oh well. Who cares. EMMA!" she cried.

"Yeah?" she called back."Sorry, I was just messing with this ring back here-"

"I'll take that!" huffed the hobbit Bilbo as he muttered something Sarah couldn't hear and grabbed the ring out of Emma's hand.

"Well, that was.... odd....." Emma started, but someone cut her off.

"Hello, muggles, did you see a ring around here? It's a horcrux, Dumbledore destroyed the wrong ring." said a young Harry Potter.

"Umm, yeah, that hobbit Bilbo took it, said something about disappearing at will..." said Emma.

"Speaking of Dumbledore, he's looking for you!" called Sarah as Harry stormed off. "On our front porch, I believe."

And Harry disappeared.

"Aaaahh!" Emma screamed as a little yellow mouse ran into her.

"Pikachu, come back!" cried Ash behind it.

Pikachu turned around, and Sarah saw it had the face of Paul.

"Humph. You're too weak. I'm leaving." huffed Paul, or, uh, Pikachu, or Paul, or, well, one of them anyway, while him/it scampered off, Ash close behind.

"That- was odd." said Sarah with a puzzled look on her face. "Should we-"

But she was cut off as a swarm of black blobs attacked them from midair.

"What the heck?" said Sarah while shaking a colorless mass off her foot. "I must be dreaming.."

"Well, then hurry and wake up already!" she cried. "Hello? I'm being abducted by- well, something!"

"Okay, then," Sarah said, and she pinched herself, watching the scene swirl into nothing....

"Man, Sarah, what took you so long to wake up?" Emma smiled. "Come on, it's time to eat!"

Sarah once more considered telling Emma about the dream, but not wanting to give her a reason to take her to a mental hospital, decided to keep it as a good story to tell her grandchildren someday......

Back