• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New thread: About Mew first spotted in South America

jvn753

Pikachumon
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
Apparently not many people have watched the first movie ? O_O

mistake instead of south america i put south africa...

According to Bulbapedia and the first movie.

Habitat

Reports found on Burned Mansion found in Cinnabar Island in the Kanto region speak of expeditions of scientists, either independent or Team Rocket-run which had sighted Mew in Guyana, South America, the place where its first sighting was reported. However, since Mew can either make itself invisible or transform itself into any other Pokémon, very few people have knowingly seen it, and it is called a mirage by most.

Paradox confuses me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I remember that too. But, I thought it was a mistake seeing as their are no earth continents in the Pokemon world.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, Lt. Surge is called the "Lightning American." A disgruntled scientist in Silph Co. says he's being transferred to the Tiksi branch in "Russian no-man's land" so apparently Pokemon does take place in the real world.

Also my fan fiction, with a character from South Carolina and numerous IRL businesses says so xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Aye. Adding to what the person above said, Mew being seen in "South America" is not the first time a place on Earth.

Recall later on in the movie for example, when Brock mentioned that he though Vikings only lived in Minnesota (i think that was the place).

And don't forget the Episode when they ended up in Las Vegas? Or spoke about going there. These all could be the fault of the dubbing, but it's amusing.

Back