• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Genres?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • Do You prefer Shoujo or Shounen? If so, what kind of things are you looking for in an anime? (Example : Comedy / Action / etc)

I prefer Shounen because it's more to my taste even though I do like shoujo, I prefer Shounen, even if I'm a girl myself.
    In my anime, I always look for a slight bit of action or/and comedy. I also like some romance and slice of life anime, and I have a thing for supernatural anime since watching the Haruhi Suzumiya series and then going onto Bleach.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    My best genre now would be harem, with a romantic comedy as a secondary genre. I became attached to it after I watched Princess Lover xP I like the idea of multiple girls over one dude. Shounen and shoujo are both okay to me; I watch both.

I used to like action, historic, and seinen anime. But I got fed up of them and started trying something new. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The genres I like are Comedy, Action, Shounen, Shoujo, Ecchi, Romance, harem, slice of life, and many others xD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • +1 Harem with a rom com as a secondary. A very saturated market but there are some gems that follow this structure.

Tbh most genres have good and bad Anime so it's hard to say. I guess if i was to pick a few i'd go Thriller/action/supernatural/comedy or something like that.

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
  • I prefer above all sci-fi and speculative anime. 'Bout the only show I don't like--but not dislike--in that genre is Cowboy Bebop... just can't get into it.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I prefer seinen and josei myself. Most shounen are very repetitive and there's always the never-ending Big Three of shounen, but out of shounen and shoujo, I prefer shounen because there's more action and it's usually more engaging for me.

Some other good genre combinations are action/comedy, thriller/supernatural, police/thriller, action/supernatural and usually whatever keeps me intrigued.

Years
  • My mainstays genre are Slice-of-Life, Romance, Comedy, and Mystery, usually in the Seinen demographic. I've dabbled in a variety of genres recently, though, and came to like shows (such as Gurren Lagann and Full Metal Panic!) that are completely different from what I usually watch.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • My favorite Animes genres are Action, Science-fiction, Adventure...I'm not really into Shôjo Animes/Mangas, I mainly don't watch/read them, but Ouran High School Host Club.
    If a day, someone had told me I would love an Anime with Mechas, I would not have believe it. I used to hate Animes/Mangas with Mechas, but Code Geass made me change my mind. So yeah, I can add "Mechas".
    Oh, and maybe another rare one I follow (a Shôjo), Vampire Knight. But that's all.
    I also love Animes/Mangas that tell ghost stories, demons etc...Maybe horror ? xD
    And of course, detective stories. :D​

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I am a shonen kinda guy but there have been so shoujo that has quite my eye

I perfer adventure, action, romantic comedy, comedy, supernatural, harem/ecchi, slice of life, detective stories, and I'm probably forgetting something but ah well.

pokénerdette

Insane Eccentric
    Years
  • Are there other people that like reverse harems? Because I do x3 What I usually look for in shounen manga is a bit of romance *coughlikeRaveMastercough* a lot of adventure, a lot of action, and maybe fantasy. For shoujo, I prefer reverse harem, school life, slice of life, comedy, romance, maybe gender bender, sometimes mystery/supernatural/fantasy. Magical girl doesn't really suit my taste, but it's okay if it's a good manga.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm mostly a Shounen guy, but I've read some really interesting Shoujo manga too.
    The genres I prefer are Slice of Life, Romance, Comedy, Action and some traces of Echhi. Oh, and I forgot Fantasy.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I like the genre where the cute female anime characters wear big hats. Basically, it's the Magical Girl genre. I also like comedy as well.

But, I refuse to watch anything that's prohibited to kids under 13. So my real age would be 3 years younger than I am right now.

Back