• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black / White on No$GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagledelt

=)?
Years
  • Do you believe we can play Pokemon Black and Pokemon White on No$gba? If you don't, do you believe that any other emulator can do it or will we need to wait untill a new one is developed?

Thanks

~Eagledelt

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    Well, i'm guessing you can try it on v. 2.6, but it will possibly work better on version 2.7

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
    Years
  • Well, i'm guessing you can try it on v. 2.6, but it will possibly work better on version 2.7
    Uhm...JirachiFan99 there isn't any version 2.7 of the NO$GBA. It would be great if there was, but as far as i know the no$gba is a discountinued project, as the developer disappeared.
    I think i know the reason why eagledelt has posted this question: The pokemon Black/White has massive 3D graphics and we dont know if thats the real 3D of the movies out there and that we would need the 3d glasses.

Even if is not, we still have the problem of speed. We all know that NO$GBA only started to be quicker and smother at version ~2.6a. And this massive 3D graphics can be a problem for the Computers that aren't "Monsters" in speed.

In my opinion...well i think we can play well enough with a high decent computer, i dont think thats real 3D graphics, if it was, there no pictures that well in Computers

But to discover if we can or not play, we have to wait until it comes out, dont we? :D

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Uhm...JirachiFan99 there isn't any version 2.7 of the NO$GBA. It would be great if there was, but as far as i know the no$gba is a discountinued project, as the developer disappeared.
    I think i know the reason why eagledelt has posted this question: The pokemon Black/White has massive 3D graphics and we dont know if thats the real 3D of the movies out there and that we would need the 3d glasses.

Even if is not, we still have the problem of speed. We all know that NO$GBA only started to be quicker and smother at version ~2.6a. And this massive 3D graphics can be a problem for the Computers that aren't "Monsters" in speed.

In my opinion...well i think we can play well enough with a high decent computer, i dont think thats real 3D graphics, if it was, there no pictures that well in Computers

But to discover if we can or not play, we have to wait until it comes out, dont we? :D
    Have people still misunderstood BW? BW is on the Nintendo DS, DS lite and DSI NOT on the 3DS. it will be able to be played on the 3DS but there will be no the 3D "illusion" and Yes i can see why it would be difficult speed-wise. Even HG/SS is slow for me.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • well nosgba work great for me and she isn't a speed monster acctually its a single core sempron @3.7ghz with 1gig of ram and a nvidia 7025 512mb integrated and hg ss dppt work great at 99% and my comp dont have overwhelming specs so.... i think ill be able to play it.

if your still worried well try this for nvidia ati graphics install it after that open it and overclock your graphics till you get a good gaming speed. MSI AFTERBURNER

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Haha, you're worried about the graphics?

Be more prepared for the insane amount of AP on the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    well, you dont need 3d glasses for the 3ds, because according to some sites, it is said to "produce the 3d effect in cinemas without the need for special glasses". but back to the topic, i dont think it will run on no$gba because of the fact that no$gba probably isnt advanced enough.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    well, you dont need 3d glasses for the 3ds, because according to some sites, it is said to "produce the 3d effect in cinemas without the need for special glasses". but back to the topic, i dont think it will run on no$gba because of the fact that no$gba probably isnt advanced enough.

The part about the 3DS isn't relevant, as B/W isn't on the 3DS apparently. No$GBA could run it, it has run games that weren't out when it was developed (such as Kirby Super Star Ultra), so it is possible. Only trying it can tell for certain.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Well, seeing as NO$GBA supports 3D, I don't see why not. Though some, as I am, remain skeptical as to how the performance would be, seeing as B&W may need better PC requirements and NO$GBA is not being developed anymore (presumably dead).

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    i hope it work on NO$GBA but there might be other problems in the game
    it may crash or freeze like HG SS

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • We'll see... I think there will be version which will work and majority of versions that won't be working =D But if it's not gonna work I do believe that it will work on DeSmuME. Even though it'll be slower the important thing will be that we will be able to play won't it? =)

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • First off, needing 3D glasses for the 3DS is just plain wrong; they aren't necessary.

Secondly, if No$GBA can run HG/SS fine (even better with No$Zoomer) I think B/W will do okay too. We'll find out in a few weeks, now won't we?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Nintendo will put anti-piracy patches on Black and white, just like Pokemon Ranger 3. It can run on No$gba with No$zoomer and patches. Maybe there will be translated patch in a few weeks after the release.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Isnt B&W for 3DS if so doesnt that mean we need a 3DS emulator?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    no$gba is a discountinued project, as the developer disappeared.
    That doesn;t sound good. I just hope BW will be playable on No$GBA..... (yes, I know that BW is developed on DS)

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I've got a CycloDs to run this on, and B/W should probably be leaking anytime soon.

Also, it might take awhile before any sort of emulators can run it, due to Anti piracy protection.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • There is absolutely NO WAY it is going to run smoothly on NO$GBA Emulator, or even 100% smoothly on DeSmuME emulator.
    I'm quite positive that Pokémon Black and Pokémon White are going to have anti-piracy patches on them, which is going to suck so badly!

Besides... it's a very high chance that Black and White will not work on NO$GBA emulator.
    But even if it does... it will be soooo sluggish, regardless of how fast your desktop or laptop is.

This is why DeSmuME has just about passed the point of how better NO$GBA Emulator really is.
    It is a very likely chance that only the DeSmuME emulator will work for Pokémon Black and Pokémon White.

You'll probably have to save often too during the game once it comes out, because it might freeze while using the DeSmuME emulator.

EDIT: Oh and besides... the ROM size could be larger than 128 MB.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back