• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Does Your Muse Derive From?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    We all have something that gives us that little extra motivation at times, sometimes we just need to think about it and right away inspiration sparks our intuition yet at other times, we need something to happen or to truly grab us by the wrist and throw us into a pool of innovation. So, the question I pose is, what gives you your muse, your inspiration, your motivation?

For me, the people I love always play a big part in how I feel. My current state in my relationship with them or even how they feel effects the things I do. There is some people -one in particular- who if I don't see in a day, I don't go to sleep entirely satisfied yet merely contented. To push the boundary and onto less, almost obligatory things, I would say a good movie or music often inspire me to write. Other art work and general jealousy of someone else's talent makes me want to improve in my field, it is what makes me feel as if I'm not doing enough to reach my full potential. My muse derives from many things and in retrospect, it can be specific yet it can emanate from mundane things just as well as they can come from a substantial occurrence.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hmmmmm I am just naturally creative all the time.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Well... music. Music basically gives me all of the things you mentioned. I don't know how... it just does! "D Also people who draw really well inspire me to draw more, if that counts. "]

angelteama

viva mexico!
    Years
  • The world inspires me, seeing others peoples art and how they express themselves in that art just makes me want to express my self. My mood sometimes inspires me to draw what I feel. The need as a male of wanted to do better than other males inspires me to work my hardest at what I do.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Seeing other people do well in a particular field gives me inspiration to do better. The world around me gives me inspiration. All the people who do better than me in something inspire me. All music does to me is make me do head bangs. And as some people already mentioned, friends, music etc.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Some things that inspire me are anime/manga, scenery/surroundings, music, video games, and others artistic talents. Since I draw in the manga style its natural for various different anime and manga to inspire me with new ideas for characters, poses, and storyline. Scenery and my surroundings help me think and gives me creative thoughts and insights. Music helps me think as well. Video games help me with poses, thinking up some storylines, character designs, poses, personalities and the like. Lastly talent makes me want to strive harder and improve upon my abilites a step at a time so I can even match that person. It gives me that drive to make me want to keep going and learning. One person I can honestly say that has done that here is Signomi and her art work. Its simply beautiful and makes me want to try harder for improvement.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    everything. nature, smells, environment, conversation, people, anything you can think of. inspiration can't be forced from one particular thing, it derives naturally from anywhere.

Years
  • We all have something that gives us that little extra motivation at times, sometimes we just need to think about it and right away inspiration sparks our intuition yet at other times, we need something to happen or to truly grab us by the wrist and throw us into a pool of innovation. So, the question I pose is, what gives you your muse, your inspiration, your motivation?

For me, the people I love always play a big part in how I feel. My current state in my relationship with them or even how they feel effects the things I do. There is some people -one in particular- who if I don't see in a day, I don't go to sleep entirely satisfied yet merely contented. To push the boundary and onto less, almost obligatory things, I would say a good movie or music often inspire me to write. Other art work and general jealousy of someone else's talent makes me want to improve in my field, it is what makes me feel as if I'm not doing enough to reach my full potential. My muse derives from many things and in retrospect, it can be specific yet it can emanate from mundane things just as well as they can come from a substantial occurrence.

^ this.

And ... ironically (?) other people's pain. Not like, for personal gain, I kinda get motivated to help people. <: For some reason I get very hyper-empathetic at times. :x

Back