• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red and Leaf Green Confirmed News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 28, 2003
Fire Red and Leaf Green Confirmed News Thread.

Here I will post confirmed updates and news known so far for the new GBA Games coming out, Fire Red and Leaf Green.

First of all, Fire Red and Leaf Green are basically just a remake of Pokemon Versions red and blue released several years ago. Being a remake, though, you can expect much better graphics than the Red and Blue original games.

So far, the only known obtainable pokemon that can be caught in FR and LG are the orignal 150, Bulbasaur to Mewtwo. Johto Pokemon will be obtainable through trading from Colleseaum once it comes out in March. Houenn Pokemon can also be obtained by trading from GBA Gamecarts. In other words, FR and LG will be tradeable with Ruby and Sapphire.

In FR and LG, the three starters will be the same as the old Red and Blue game carts; Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. The orignal eight gyms will also be in FR and LG, along with choosing your gender at the start of the game.

The release date for FR and LG is confirmed to come out January 2004 in Japan. The release date for the US is believed, but not confirmed, to come out around May, or early to mid summer.

That is all of the Confirmed details from FR and LG. To sum it all up:

~ Remake of the orignal Red and Blue

~ Better Graphics or simmiliar graphics to that of Ru/Sa

~ Catchable pokemon in the game are 1-151. Johto Pokemon ( 152-251) ) can be obtained by trading from Collesem. And Ru/Sa pokemon can be obtained by trading from Ru/Sa.

~ You will choose at the beginning for your starter between Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, along with the gender you would like to play as.

~ Original eight gyms, though the gymleaders may and probably will have different pokemon, or different pokemon than before.

~ Release date for Japan is Janurary 2004, and the release date for the US is unconfirmed at this point, but speculated to be around Mid 2004.

As soon as more info or news is confirmed, I?ll make sure to add it in here, so check back often. I will just edit new info in on this first page.

By the way, Fire Red and Leaf Green are the confirmed names?.NOT Water Blue.

Questions must be asked in the various threads available.

~ Mild_Altaria

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Lol, Right, Thats exactly what your site is called.

Really, If you want my opinion, i think all the information we need is on his site, and in three other important threads that were here first.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 28, 2003
hmmm... thread name... copied from my website.
Altaria, why'd you have to name this thread "The Fire-Red Leaf-Green Info Center Thread"? My site is called "The Fire-Red Leaf-Green Info Center"!!!

copycat....

Dude, I'm sorry about that, but I swear I didn't copy from your site. I don't even know what your site is called or the URL and such. I was going to call this the FR and LG FAQ, but I didn't that was on SPP, so I was trying to be original. In fact, I doubt any of the info I have was close to yours, because like I said, I came up with this all on my own. I even have the rough draft I typed on word if you'd like to see. So please to not falsly accuse me of things that I have not done.

Lol, Right, Thats exactly what your site is called.

Really, If you want my opinion, i think all the information we need is on his site, and in three other important threads that were here first.

Like I said, this is obviously a coinidental happening. Most of the info I had already known anyways from my friend Ledian X who also wrote a FAQ on this. But that was called "FR/LG Advance FAQ", which would have been my first choice for naming this thread. And thank you for the opinion, Dizzy, but there are some who come here that might not go to other sites.

So in other words, I fail to see how it is wrong to have the basic confirmed data on FR/LG posted in this Forum for people who actually come here.

There's at least a few threads for spectation and such. I'm afraid we don't need more.
I'll close this, but keep it stickied for anyone who needs to see this, as it is a local source of information we need.

This is not a speculation thread but a factual one for people who actually want to know about the game. But I will leave it closed to prevent such speculation as you said.

I will also change the Thread Name, but I don't plan on taking this down, being as I got the info from my own sources. Might I ask for the url of your site with this info to compare and see if it is really even the same?

Thanks

~Mild_Altaria

PokeMaster3000

~Clone of a Max!
Years
To Mr.Winstrate

Mr.Winstrate, can you please edit Ms. Altaria's post? She has written "The Fire-Red Leaf-Green Info Center Thread" of which "The Fire-Red Leaf-Green Info Center" is the name of my website. Can you please change it to something else? Or else may I have power over this thread as it says it is my website's official thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back