• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Somnambulism?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Somnambulism or better known as sleepwalking. I'm pretty sure you know what this sleeping Disorder is.

Engaging in activities that are normally associated with wakefulness (such as eating or dressing), which may include walking, without the conscious knowledge of the subject.

I've have a really bad case of sleepwalking ever since I was a kid. Once apparently almost hit my parents with a heavy alarm clock. Even now I'm still really dangerous sleepwalking but I haven't had any indents lately.

Apparently I've always been a big one with sleeping disorders. Along with sleepwalking I also sleep talk (According to my mom I sleep talk about Pokemon - or so she thought). I also have a very small case of EDS (often culminating in falling asleep spontaneously but unwillingly at inappropriate times)

Do you sleepwalk? Have you had any rememberable cases of it? Do you have any other sleeping Disorders?

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    I did sleepwalk when I was a kid, 5 years old or the such. I used to go to the balcony, where we had planted tomato and orange trees, and squash them. I did this many times and for an unknown reason. Other incidents is when I "went to the bathroom" in a garbage can in the living room. The maid kept telling that this isn't the toilet and I kept telling her, 'Yes, it's here!'.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I get tired and sleepy rather easily. When I'm tired, I don't move around much. What that means is that I don't sleepwalk because when I sleep, I don't move around other than tossing and turning on my bed.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I never wander around when I'm asleep, but when I'm half asleep but still aware I do. Like I will go to the kitchen and eat an orange, being fully aware of what I'm doing, and talk to people coherently, but have little to no memory of it after I go back to sleep and wake up again.

Infamously

Infamous me
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I used to sleepwalk a lot years ago. Once I was like 7 years ago and slept at 3 AM, since I was watching a movie with my family, a horror one. I dozed off for a while then woke up with my eyes still closed. I went to my parents' bedroom and started calling my mom. She woke up and asked me what am I doing outside my bed and I told her, "..I want to kill". She got off her bed and wanted to see what the hell is wrong with me, and I unexpectedly attacked her and starting hitting her. While doing that, I feel asleep on my own.

Pretty scary, huh?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I have never sleepwalked, but I do have some sort of sleeping disorder where I cannot fall asleep of my own accord. It's my body, not me, that decides when to sleep, and it can occur at any hour :/

This does remind me of a case on the TV show Forensic Files where a man killed his wife then claimed innocence because he committed the crime while sleepwalking. Apparently the man did have a past history of sleepwalking and violence during his sleepwalking episodes. Additionally, the show did briefly document another case where the defendant used the sleepwalking defense and was acquitted. In this case, IIRC, the prosecutors found he was performing actions inconsistent with a sleepwalker, and he was found guilty.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Apparently I do some pretty high level sleepwalking and talking. A little over a year ago, I apparently got out of bed, went into the living room, and told my mother that she was playing Paper Mario incorrectly (she doesn't even play video games). Then she told me I was dreaming and I went "oh" and went back to bed. And I don't remember any of this.

Side note, I was replaying Paper Mario at the time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've never sleepwalked ever, however my Mom and sister seem to have the problem, it's kind of creepy seeing them walking around at night. ): I guess it affects some people in the family.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I know that once, my neighbor's son walked out of the house in the middle of the night and down the street and ended up knocking on someone's door during a thunderstorm while sleepwalking... O_O

And I guess that when I was 7 or so, I was sleeping in my parents bed and then woke up and started to jump on the bed! XD And then layed back down, mumbling nonsense... Sleep walking is odd.

And then a month ago, my mom said that I started to talk in my sleep during the middle of the night... >>; It creeped me out.

And my little sister who is about 13, she is one sleeptalker. She calls 'MOM!' in her sleep then proceeds to mumble 'never mind, good night' almost every night... It's kinda scary....

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I do not believe so, although someone said I kick in my sleep. :x

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    There might be like 1 or 2 incidents of me ever sleepwalking, that too, when I was young. My mom told me that once I walked out of my house and almost reached the main road and my mom had to come running after me XD. I can remember no other such incidents. As for sleep talking, I can remember quite a few incidents XD. But, it's definitely not normal for me to sleep talk. D;

Years
  • The only sleep-walking related episode i have had, is when i had an allergic reaction to Benadryl once. I was out cold, but my parents told me i was stumbling around the house babbling in gibberish. :/ I woke up and didn't remember a thing

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Nah, I don't sleepwalk. I staid up one night to find out. ;)

In all seriousness, I don't often do so unless something is really bugging me. It's a really good excuse though when you're using the restroom and you end up making things go bump in the night. ;P
    Still, even when I do sleepwalk, it's often quite tame. Oftentimes when I do sleepwalk, I'll wake up in the restroom...after clearly having voided my bowels in the proper place to do so. Once I even woke up in the bathtub, with my pillow and blanket. I was like..."wtf? how'd I end up here?"

Still, it's quite a rare for me to sleepwalk. Most of the time I make sure I'm in the right mental state when going to sleep, so I can avoid waking up in god-knows-where. XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't sleepwalk and I'm 99.9% sure I never did. And I thought I used to think I had insomnia when I was younger but I don't.

Doesn't stop me from staying up all hours of the night though.

Years
  • I don't sleepwalk, but my brother says I sleeptalk...but I don't agree.

When I'm at my grandparents' house, I sleep on the floor, and I always end up in an awkward position when I wake up again. o.O

Back