PDA

View Full Version : [General] 5th Generation Pokémon Hacking/Information Consolidation

Team Fail
September 13th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Ok. The games Pokemon Black and White are possible going to be released anytime now, even though there are rumors that the rom is already released. I dunno what to believe, but, anyways, this is the (unofficial) thread to post Black/White information. Post away with your findings!

Cello
September 15th, 2010, 11:36 AM
According to word floating around 2chan, Black/White are 1gb in size.
It seems physically impossible for a NDS cart, however.

I have reason to not doubt them though.

Kevin
September 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Wait 1gb ROM size? OMG that takes up big space. I don't think we're gonna be hacking Gen. V anyways anytime soon, with all the 3-D graphics and such, I mean, we barely cracked some stuff for Gen. IV hacking.

SharpPoint
September 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Wait 1gb ROM size? OMG that takes up big space. I don't think we're gonna be hacking Gen. V anyways anytime soon, with all the 3-D graphics and such, I mean, we barely cracked some stuff for Gen. IV hacking.

Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.

Ninja Caterpie
September 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.

um no last time i checked that's not how things work. They're a completely new generation, they're based off a completely different engine which has even more complex 3D graphics. Graphic'sll very likely be much harder to hack.

The other stuff...can't be too sure. :|

Cello
September 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
According to word floating around 2chan, Black/White are 1gb in size.
It seems physically impossible for a NDS cart, however.

I have reason to not doubt them though.

My apologies everyone. The info I posted earlier has proven to be false(which, really, there's no surprise. I mean a 1gb DS game? Really Cello?)

The ROM size is 256MB in size, as proven by:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/koby_akid/

Mods, don't worry, it's not a link to the ROM. Koby_Akid has managed to dump the ROM but has no plan to distribute it, merely come up with cheats for B/W.

That's all. :D

Team Fail
September 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Ok. The rom is out. I'm trying to get a copy- but all the rar files that have them are broken.

~Teh Panda~
September 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...

Ninja Caterpie
September 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...

Then why am I seeing screenshots with Pokemon having leveled and/or gained experience?

Andrecito77
September 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM
thenewpoketext does not extract Black or White......

~Teh Panda~
September 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Then why am I seeing screenshots with Pokemon having leveled and/or gained experience?

Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

6oumod672F8

Gamer2020
September 18th, 2010, 12:27 AM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/Gamer2020/yay.png

*Whistles while walking away*

●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
September 18th, 2010, 06:14 AM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7715/pok.png

From GBATemp :

a/0/
a/0/1/1 contains the images for the fight menu
a/0/2/5 item sprites
a/0/3/0 touchscreen status?
a/0/3/1 player sprites
a/0/32 npc sprites
a/0/4/1 trainer sprites in combat
a/0/5/5 Pokemon types / movement type
a/0/8/3 Pokemon status menu?
a/0/8/5 world map

a/1/
a/1/1/8 keyboard
a/1/2/0 wifi club screen
a/1/2/4 Pokemon types / movement type
a/1/3/1 Character Artworks?
a/1/3/7 Battle Recorder
a/1/3/9 DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen
a/1/4/3 Game Sync Screens
a/1/5/1 Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/6/4 Copyright Screen
a/1/7/0 Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 CGear
a/1/7/3 Balloons
a/1/8/4 Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/7 Mysterious Person 'N'

a/2/
a/2/0/1 Certificate?
a/2/0/2 Certificate?
a/2/0/5 Starter's pictures
a/2/0/6 Battle Subway Map
a/2/2/0 'The End' Screen
a/2/4/4 Some Text (not the Script)I don't take the credits...

slawter666
September 18th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

6oumod672F8

Yep, but it's fixed already

2KtaITOtYT0

Platinum Lucario
September 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Looks to me like the Mapping in the 5th Generation hasn't changed from the 4th.
I think only certain maps are able to use the rotating script, as it is used to rotate the map around and a script that ends the rotation along with of course... the camera zoom scripts.
I knew it... the mapping engine hasn't changed much.

I haven't tried going into a mystery zone yet... but I'm guessing that it might be a different name.
Like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had "Mystery Zone", HeartGold/SoulSilver had "----------".
I'm guessing the name of the Mystery Zone in Black/White probably will be either "???????????" or no text at all. I also wonder what the music would be in it as well.

~Teh Panda~
September 18th, 2010, 01:26 PM
What I'am posting now is a black version with the exp fix, it works 100% but only with Desmume the emulator I'm not so if I spelled it right...any way there are 2 problems with this game, after you get to the second town and go into the pokemon center witch is an event with the new prof. and that girl thats your friend in the green once you talk to nurse joy the game freezes up but no black screen and the other problem is its in Japanese so someone needs to make it run with no cash gba and make a cheat that stops the freeze like in hh and ss, plus an english patch needs to be made.
Once these are made the game can be played to its full epicness with no worries...Oh and I tryed out the game and its actually pretty cool.

If you choose to do this good luck!

Well thats a no no, no uploading roms...

But it seems you did not even upload the actual thing XD since I would assume the rom is bigger than what a few bytes... lol

Gamer2020
September 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/Gamer2020/Capture.png

If only you could see the other things I didn't feel like taking screens of...

Poeman
September 18th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Do show :3
That looks awesome haha, nice work!

thethethethe
September 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.
No new evolution methods
Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.

Gamer2020
September 18th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.

No new evolution methods
Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.

I'm pretty sure there is a new TM list ;)

Team Fail
September 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Looks to me like the Mapping in the 5th Generation hasn't changed from the 4th.
I think only certain maps are able to use the rotating script, as it is used to rotate the map around and a script that ends the rotation along with of course... the camera zoom scripts.
I knew it... the mapping engine hasn't changed much.

I haven't tried going into a mystery zone yet... but I'm guessing that it might be a different name.
Like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had "Mystery Zone", HeartGold/SoulSilver had "----------".
I'm guessing the name of the Mystery Zone in Black/White probably will be either "???????????" or no text at all. I also wonder what the music would be in it as well.

Well, I can take a very good guess. In DPPtHGSS, the song for any outside-of-boundaries areas would render the SEQ_DUMMY.sseq file as heard in VGMtrans. There is an identical file, SEQ_BGM_DUMMY.sseq in BW that plays the Pokemon musical theme.

Potatomuffin
September 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
This is Potatomuffin, signing in! I'll be trying to map hack (as par usual) Black. What have you guys got so far?( i'm downloading the rom as I type)

aSeRo141414
September 19th, 2010, 04:53 AM
I seen a sprites of Black and White, thanks to Galukxy and WonderGirl, Galukxy found it wondergirl post it in the news in her site, XD
but it's from Veekun
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9250/bwmontage.png

axlefoley
September 21st, 2010, 04:22 AM
I think I may have found the start of the wild pokemon data

$8A21B44

can anyone confirm this?

Anonamous
September 21st, 2010, 10:55 AM
Lol that explains a lot. No wonder lol I just thought I was going crazy

Sora's Nobody
September 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Why hasnt anyone ripped the ows yet? I would do it, but tahaxan doesent open on my laptop.

war rock exe
September 21st, 2010, 01:23 PM

ya, it's already been patched by hackers (such as myself). It only took like a day to fix that, now they're working on an english patch, which sounds difficult

Team Fail
September 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
ya, it's already been patched by hackers (such as myself). It only took like a day to fix that, now they're working on an english patch, which sounds difficult

...That is if the text can be extracted. thenewpoketext cannot do it.

~Teh Panda~
September 21st, 2010, 03:28 PM

Well hackers are resourceful and if they have patched the anti piracy I am sure they can change some text strings.

countryemo
September 21st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Why hasnt anyone ripped the ows yet? I would do it, but tahaxan doesent open on my laptop.

they have check spriters resource. keep updated there

Team Fail
September 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
O.o

Take the .sseq file SEQ_BGM_POKECEN from Black and overwrite SEQ_GS_WIFITOWER in Heart Gold and go to the Global Terminal. You'll be surprised.
Also, take the Pokemon Center sseq file from HG and overwrite it with the BW PC theme. You'll get another surprising result.

Sora's Nobody
September 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Ok, so i found where the .BTX files are for the overworlds (I hope) But i only saw them in Kiwi i couldnt open them as Tahaxan doesent work for me. So if anyone can check it out They might be at a/0/1/4 Go check it out on tahaxan!

deepbluemew
September 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
I think I may have found the start of the wild pokemon data

$8A21B44

can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed.

Am working on this for White, will look into for Black and do some serious comparion.

Seems like each location slot have 116 bytes EACH!!!

AND 146 LINES of 116 bytes per line, lol!

Peace. :)

The 100 Mega Shock
September 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
O.o

Take the .sseq file SEQ_BGM_POKECEN from Black and overwrite SEQ_GS_WIFITOWER in Heart Gold and go to the Global Terminal. You'll be surprised.
Also, take the Pokemon Center sseq file from HG and overwrite it with the BW PC theme. You'll get another surprising result.

It's probably not a wild guess to imagine the Pokémon Center music was either worked on early in the music process when the instrument numbers were the same as HGSS or that the composer used those patch numbers as a reference when making the song.

Sora's Nobody
September 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
So i tried opening the ows in Tahaxan, but that didnt work so the only other possible thing to do was to extract and open in BTX Editor which doesent recognize the file even thought it IS a .btx So i can't imagine any way to do it unless Magius updates the program. If any of you have an idea of how you could open the .btx files through an other program, please tell me!

aSeRo141414
September 22nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
not mine...... from Barubary
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/heromfoverworld.png

Team Fail
September 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
not mine...... from Barubary
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/heromfoverworld.png

Hate to burst your bubble, there is some sprites missing.

Sora's Nobody
September 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
WOn't anyone respond to my research?

aSeRo141414
September 23rd, 2010, 12:36 AM
what research? From B/W?

Can anyone can hack B/W? XD

looper
September 23rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
it's not my achievement, but the boot-screen is hacked:

rhr-nds.bplaced.net/wordpress/archives/26

Team Fail
September 23rd, 2010, 04:37 AM
WOn't anyone respond to my research?

I find that odd. Maybe the .btx is in a different format the program doesn't understand? IDK. :\

axlefoley
September 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM
does any one happen to know the hex numbers for attacks yet (i'm talking attacks not tm/hms)

Andrew McKenzie
September 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Software for editting directly isn't everything my friend.
Hacking started and IS STILL deeply rooted in editted HEX as opposed to using tools that make everything seem easier when they're mostly very glitchy.

If they can't use a tool to edit the text directly, they'll do so by using a Hex Editor.

Heart's Soul
September 30th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I have two versions of Black. My dump and my dump with the KazoWAR patch. Text editing does exist. It was done. Very flawed, but still.

Team Fail
September 30th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I have two versions of Black. My dump and my dump with the KazoWAR patch. Text editing does exist. It was done. Very flawed, but still.

Yup. Saw a translation on YouTube. Nintendo mangled the English text badly.

aSeRo141414
September 30th, 2010, 02:44 PM
is anyone can extract it?

Team Fail
September 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
is anyone can extract it?

I'll look on Google for a tool. If it's on a Forum, I'll upload it to a media hosting site and link the file here. :)

Heart's Soul
October 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM
Yup. Saw a translation on YouTube. Nintendo mangled the English text badly.

KazoWAR quickly made a translation, not Nintendo. Nintendo is working on a perfect translation right now.

Team Fail
October 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
KazoWAR quickly made a translation, not Nintendo. Nintendo is working on a perfect translation right now.

No, not the translation. The text itself, it's apperance. It looks horrible compared to the 4th gen text. The letters are different size, whereas the 4th gen letters were the same size. A lower-case "I" is two pixels too short. It looks bad in other text.

LegendaryPichu
October 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Is there anyway to find encounter rates for Pokémon Black and White? Someone please help.

Full Metal
October 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
[JW] why exactly don't we just wait for the english ROM to be dumped? [would do so myself, if the game was available, had the money to buy it, and the equipment to do so with, but none of those are true, sadly DX] I mean, that saves us the trouble of having to re-do stuff when it comes out and all :P
PLUS we have to look at ugly CAPS ON EVERYTHING WE READ UNLESS NINTENDO DECIDED TO ADD THE LOWERCASE LETTERS. which means we also would have to add an entire set of characters...seems like a lot of trouble for little reward. idk, maybe it's just me :P

U.Flame
October 19th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I don't know much about 4th gen hacking, but I think once it's figured out how to map it, the 5th gen won't be too hard since it's also made of 3D models. I can imagine it will be as hard as hacking Super Mario 64, and I can't even begin to understand that!

Heart's Soul
October 22nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
No, not the translation. The text itself, it's apperance. It looks horrible compared to the 4th gen text. The letters are different size, whereas the 4th gen letters were the same size. A lower-case "I" is two pixels too short. It looks bad in other text.

We can fix that. If Nintendo doesn't do it first. =D

The text isn't that bad, though.

Team Fail
November 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Well, has anyone found anything else?
~Bump~

Spiky-Eared Pichu
November 10th, 2010, 05:19 AM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7715/pok.png

Where did you get that program? Because I'm searching in Google and it doesn't appear...

Heart's Soul
November 10th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Well, has anyone found anything else?
~Bump~

I 'unno, but I'm going to try and figure out the music, just for remixing. XD

Pedro250
November 13th, 2010, 11:06 AM
does anyone find where the pokedex entry data is (on the save, of course)

shubshub
December 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Answer To Your Post
People On Project Pokemon Already Have A 80-90% English Translation Patch For Pokemon Black and white

Team Fail
December 13th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Answer To Your Post
People On Project Pokemon Already Have A 80-90% English Translation Patch For Pokemon Black and white

That was a long time ago. I am aware of the translation.

I've ripped some images from the game, some of them make me think that they were not removed before production and could just have been left there by mistake. Also, some familiar logos!
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5827/diamondlogo.png
Pokemon Diamond (J) logo
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3402/pearllogo.png
Pokemon Pearl (J) logo
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4402/errorscreen.png
A error screen. It reads, "An error has occurred. Please turn off the power."- Courtesy of Scarf.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4896/facesh.png
I have no idea why this is in here. If it is saying something, what is it? :\
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3791/imput.jpg
Some cool text field. Much different from the traditional Alphabet view. It also contains only English characters. I think the foreign characters to the side changes what can be input.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3026/signtile.png
A tile I ripped. I don't know if it is used at all in the game or not.
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7162/soundtest.jpg
A SOUND TEST MENU? If this can be accessed through Action Replay, that would be amazing. Also, it seems like it is a debug menu to me. There is a touchscreen image that has a varying amount of sliders. Nothing more.

ChimeraReiax
February 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I'd love for there to be a sound test menu in BW. x_x

Also, a hell of a lot of things were left in B/W's code. They were apparently built off of HG/SS which were built off of D/P. How do I know? Key items. No, the actual key items.

To name a few, here's some beta data that shouldn't even be in B/W (if you hack to get these items they'll act as normal useless items; you can give them to Pokemon and toss them): Red Chain, Apricorn Basket, Rainbow Wing, Silver Wing, Blue Orb, Azure Flute, Enigma Stone, Jade Orb, Lunar Wing, Magma Stone, Red Orb... The list can go on actually.

It seems the developers preferred to just turn off code instead of removing it entirely. If we're lucky, that might mean that the code for Pokemon following you around is located somewhere in the code... Someone just needs to find it and activate it. That's just theoretical, though.

The 100 Mega Shock
February 16th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Even if such a thing was still in there, it wouldn't work with any Unova Pokémon. (maybeeee the ones who have overworld sprites for other purposes in-game like Zorua but that's a stretch that the game can just happen to grab these from the correct spot)

I don't believe they would copy such a massive chunk of code wholesale, either. I don't recall anyone finding remnants of the system in the game script so I don't see why a fully-functional system would be present in the code.

ChimeraReiax
February 16th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hence why I said theoretical ;)

but yes, since the overworld sprites of 494+ would be unable to be present unless they already had overworld sprites, and Nintendo probably would have overwritten that code. Then again, it IS possible that the code itself wasn't so consuming to the game and they just disabled it, but that's not exactly too likely. Still, a guy can dream. :P

Who knows, maybe if enough people ask, the next game to come out (the alleged "grey/gray/chrome") will have a comeback with the overworld sprites. Highly doubt it though.

Off-topic aside, anyone figure out how the camera switches field of views yet?

pokewalker
February 17th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Apparently a guy on YouTube added Leaf in the game:

FvvUjuFQMBA

Hi-Techneon
February 17th, 2011, 11:09 AM

but yes, since the overworld sprites of 494+ would be unable to be present unless they already had overworld sprites, and Nintendo probably would have overwritten that code. Then again, it IS possible that the code itself wasn't so consuming to the game and they just disabled it, but that's not exactly too likely. Still, a guy can dream. :P

Who knows, maybe if enough people ask, the next game to come out (the alleged "grey/gray/chrome") will have a comeback with the overworld sprites. Highly doubt it though.

I don't think it would be too hard to add them...
If you can mess with the pointer data and use free space to add them, and then use the base from HG/SS and add it in the right location, it should work.
Never tried it, but I think I should.

The 100 Mega Shock
February 18th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Then you actually have to draw all 100+ of the things.

And what about the save file? Does that even have the neccessary data to hold the follower's co-ordinates like HG/SS?

Team Fail
February 18th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Off-topic aside, anyone figure out how the camera switches field of views yet?
Well, when a Pokemon is sent from the Dream World to the forest in the High Link, it uses its OW, so they may be in the game.

As for the camera angle, in my USRCHEAT.DAT file on my Acekard, there are camera mods. They generally work, but are glitchy in locations with non-standard camera angles. I'll get the codes later.
Then you actually have to draw all 100+ of the things.

And what about the save file? Does that even have the neccessary data to hold the follower's co-ordinates like HG/SS?
It must. Or else the game wouldn't be able to save where you are in the game. It might not have the last moved direction, though. If all goes well, we could copy/paste the data since it is based off of HGSS.

Hi-Techneon
February 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Utuber6061, the one who imported RSE music in B&W, was able to edit OWs, the players backsprite, the enemy trainers sprite and the Pokémon of the opponent.
_QAB-TdOxaU

Maybe we could ask him how he did it?

Team Fail
February 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Utuber6061, the one who imported RSE music in B&W, was able to edit OWs, the players backsprite, the enemy trainers sprite and the Pokémon of the opponent.
_QAB-TdOxaU

That just requires the new trainer editor from Magius/Kazowar and a graphics editor. Plus, asking him gets you nowhere. If you ask him about music looping, he'll tell you about a fake plugin for FL Studio.

AyameHikaru
February 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Is anyone working on a starter editor? (Or a wild Pokemon editor, I guess) Or is that too far off the map now?

ChimeraReiax
February 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
_QAB-TdOxaU

That vid's a little old (and in weird quality for some odd reason), but nonetheless was pretty cool to watch. It made me wish for an RSE remake >.>;

But, everything there except the music was done in the video of the main character battling Leaf (the champion music was unused; he just somehow edited what music is used. Should ask him how he did that if nobody here knows o.o). utuber6061 made the RSE champion music (which IMO is pretty awesome), but like always won't say how he put it in with looping. Typical, isn't it? :P

The 100 Mega Shock
February 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
It must. Or else the game wouldn't be able to save where you are in the game. It might not have the last moved direction, though. If all goes well, we could copy/paste the data since it is based off of HGSS.

The Save File in HGSS has seperate bytes for the Follower's co-ordinate, alongside the player's.

ChimeraReiax
February 25th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hm, maybe a dedicated ASM programmer can dip into the code and see if he/she can see what makes the separate co-ordinates for the partner Pokémon? :P (just being optimistic; I don't expect this to happen any time soon)

Also, the guy who put Leaf into B/W also put Steven into HG/SS as a battleable character.

coGvPn-epyc

EDIT: Higher quality video with no narroration uploaded by the actual guy who made it, but lower level poké's with the normal Champion music :E

FqVSsysVd3w

pokewalker
February 27th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Hm, maybe a dedicated ASM programmer can dip into the code and see if he/she can see what makes the separate co-ordinates for the partner Pokémon? :P (just being optimistic; I don't expect this to happen any time soon)

Also, the guy who put Leaf into B/W also put Steven into HG/SS as a battleable character.

coGvPn-epyc

EDIT: Higher quality video with no narroration uploaded by the actual guy who made it, but lower level poké´s with the normal Champion music :E

FqVSsysVd3w

That is a HearGold hack. You can easily make this with DSPicPlat., PPRE and a music editor.

ChimeraReiax
February 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I know that's a HeartGold hack. I was just pointing out something cool, and in the process noting Leaf wasn't his first hack.

Also you can edit B/W's music as easy as you can edit HGSS' music, except with instruments more restricted because each track has its own SBNK and SWAR. :/

EDIT: Also, aren't loop points not editable or something?

Team Fail
February 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I know that's a HeartGold hack. I was just pointing out something cool, and in the process noting Leaf wasn't his first hack.

Also you can edit B/W's music as easy as you can edit HGSS' music, except with instruments more restricted because each track has its own SBNK and SWAR. :/

EDIT: Also, aren't loop points not editable or something?

Yes, loop points can be added. I'm still trying to comprehend it.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6383343&postcount=5

ChimeraReiax
February 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yes, loop points can be added. I'm still trying to comprehend it.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6383343&postcount=5

Wrote up a little guide-ish thing on how to edit current loops, actually. :3 (http://pastebin.com/VirDsH86)

However, as that pastebin says, I can't make heads or tails with track offsets...

Putin
March 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
but yes, since the overworld sprites of 494+ would be unable to be present unless they already had overworld sprites, and Nintendo probably would have overwritten that code. Then again, it IS possible that the code itself wasn't so consuming to the game and they just disabled it, but that's not exactly too likely. Still, a guy can dream. :PNot all, but most (maybe all, but we only see most) of the 649 Pokémon have overworld sprites for the High-Link (Entralink).

As for the maps, they seem to be identical in behaviour, with the exception of a simple script like an archaic form of the common camera rotation feature in nearly every 3D game, except scripted, as was also present in HG, to the DPPt maps, which, IIRC, are GameCube 3D format maps. I am aware that a tool is in the works here for editing fourth and fifth gen maps, but tools that would work already exist, and I buggered around with the idea of making a Valve Hammer plugin for it, since I am familiar with Hammer.

The bit that makes me sigh is the thought of those sprites. There's really two options: To take out the animation and have static sprites, or to animate every Fakémon or future backport you want to do. Three thousand five hundred frames later...

The 100 Mega Shock
March 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Only the previous generation Pokémon have Entralink OW sprites.

Anyway, you're overlooking a much bigger problem.

Pokémon sprites in BW are not frame-by-frame animation. They're segmented pieces drawn on a 256 x 128 map, stitched together by the engine in-game and animated using part swapping, auto transformation/rotation/scaling and moving each segment individually.

So, good luck hacking all that.

knizz
March 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
...DPPt maps, which, IIRC, are GameCube 3D format maps. I am aware that a tool is in the works here for editing fourth and fifth gen maps, but tools that would work already exist, and I buggered around with the idea of making a Valve Hammer plugin for it, since I am familiar with Hammer.

I worked a lot on an editor for 4/5th Gen but I doubt there will ever be a working editor. (In other words. There isn't any "in the works") There isn't enough known about the bmd-format but also
Do you know another way to map the materials of a map to the materials of a btx-file without comparing the name?
Is this data "repointable"? (what is an indicator for the position of this data)

yeah i found out how to do that, it required some disassembly but it turns out that data is actually lz77 compressed in the arm9.bin file somewhere, i'll dump it soon and share it with you.
unfortunately the data isn't repointable, it's decompressed into static memory that's present for the entire game (the data is loaded even before the intro/title screen) and the address is hard coded into the game in multiple areas. i can tell you where its loaded in memory while running and i can tell you how to edit the data, recompress it, and replace it in the arm9.bin file though. give me a couple days though cuz i haven't touched anything pokemon related in like a month due to school and getting a job for the summer and other crap.

He hasn't answered eversince (last login in january). I still wonder how he found out...

But there's another way to edit maps. You can load them through my tools. Import them in 3ds max. And then use nintendos official tools to convert them back. (use G3DCVTR as keyword when searching)

The connection between mesh and textures however is hardcoded.

...Pokémon sprites in BW are not frame-by-frame animation. They're segmented pieces drawn on a 256 x 128 map, stitched together by the engine in-game and animated using part swapping, auto transformation/rotation/scaling and moving each segment individually...

Wow. How do you know?

The 100 Mega Shock
March 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Wow. How do you know?

Someone else was kind enough to rip all the textures. (http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/sheet/34148)

ChimeraReiax
March 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM
yay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ysKYGxxMZY)

Now to see if a program can be written to re-point files in .SDATs so longer/larger tracks can be injected (note: there's over 56,000 pointers). x_x

Potatomuffin
March 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM
ok english rom's out, anyone else doing r/d?

CrystalTile2 not working for anyone else(on b/w)? any fixes?

Team Fail
March 18th, 2011, 04:50 AM
ok english rom's out, anyone else doing r/d?

CrystalTile2 not working for anyone else(on b/w)? any fixes?

I have it working. I just haven't had the time to look. I am curious about one thing though.
EDIT: It seems all the debug images are still in the game, unmodified.

Putin
March 18th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Someone else was kind enough to rip all textures. (link)You will have to pardon me if I am being dense, but I see nothing about OW sprites there, which are what I was talking about, and which seem to work as always. Battle sprites aren't really an issue if your goal is to re-implement the following script/feature.

I worked a lot on an editor for 4/5th Gen but I doubt there will ever be a working editor. (In other words. There isn't any "in the works") There isn't enough known about the bmd-format but alsoAh, I was mistaken. I recalled seeing a thread here and hearing rumours in another community, but I suppose it was the discontinued project you speak of.

Anyway, no information is unobtainable. The code was made by humans, and humans can decode it. Granted, perhaps hacking a Pokémon game is not the most likely thing to incite majour effort to decode such a thing.

pichu2000
March 18th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Hi, if this can help in this research, i make a list containing all the header of the functions.c with their location in memory.
For some, i find also the file called when the function is executed.
Here's my list
actor_tool.c ---> arm9.bin
app_keycursor.c ---> arm9.bin
app_taskmenu.c ---> arm9.bin
arc_util.c ---> a 0 8 1.narc
areaman.c ---> arm9.bin
arrow.c ---> overlay 217
b_app_tool.c ---> overlay 196
b_bag_main.c ---> overlay 197
b_plist_anm.c ---> overlay 198
b_plist_main.c ---> overlay 198
backup_system.c ---> arm9.bin
bag_param.c ---> arm9.bin
battle_championship_flow.c ---> overlay 176
battle_examination.c ---> arm9.bin
battle_rec.c ---> arm9.bin
battle_rec_tool.c --> overlay 188
beacon_detail_gra.c ---> overlay 216
beacon_status.c ---> arm9.bin
beacon_view.c ---> overlay 032
bgm_info.c ---> arm9.bin
bgwinfrm.c ---> arm9.bin
bg_font.c ---> overlay 217
bg_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
blink_palanm.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp_cursor.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp_menu.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp_menuwork.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp_menulist.c ---> arm9.bin
bmp_oam.c ---> arm9.bin
billboard.c ---> arm9.bin
billboard_act.c ---> arm9.bin
box_savedata.c ---> arm9.bin
box2_main.c ---> overlay 170
box2_seq.c ---> overlay 170
box2_ui.c ---> overlay 170
br_codein.c --> overlay 183
br_btn.c --> overlay 186
br_btn_data.c --> overlay 186
br_fade.c --> overlay 186
br_graphic.c --> overlay 186
br_main.c --> overlay 187
br_net.c --> overlay 186
br_pokesearch.c --> overlay 186
br_res.c --> overlay 186
br_sidebar.c --> overlay 186
br_util.c --> overlay 186
bsubway_savedata.c ---> arm9.bin
bsubway_scr.c ---> overlay 021
btl_adapter.c ---> overlay 093
btl_calc.c ---> overlay 093
btl_client.c ---> overlay 093
btl_event.c
btl_field.c ---> overlay 093
btl_net.c ---> overlay 093
btl_pokeparam.c ---> overlay 093
btl_rec.c ---> overlay 093
btl_rec_sel.c ---> overlay 214
btl_rec_sel_graphic.c ---> overlay 214
btl_server.c ---> overlay 093
btl_server_cmd.c ---> arm9.bin
btl_server_flow.c ---> overlay 093
btl_setup.c ---> arm9.bin
btlv_bg.c ---> arm9.bin
btlv_b_gauge.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_camera.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_clact.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_core.c ---> arm9.bin
btlv_effect.c --> overlay 094
btlv_effvm.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_finger_cursor.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_field.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_gauge.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_input.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_mcss.c ---> overlay 094
btlv_scu.c ---> overlay 093
btlv_stage ---> overlay 094
btlv_timer.c ---> arm9.bin
button_man.c ---> arm9.bin
calender.c ---> overlay 010 ---> a 0 9 7.narc
chihou_zukan_award.c ---> overlay 221
chihou_zukan_award_graphic.c ---> overlay 221
c_gear.c ---> overlay 029
c_gear_power_onoff.c ---> overlay 035
cdemo_main.c ---> overlay 179
clact.c
cg_help.c ---> overlay 124
circle_graph.c ---> overlay 217
codein_param.c ---> arm9.bin
colosseum.c ---> overlay 012
comm_btl_demo_graphic.c ---> overlay 213
comm_entry_menu.c ---> overlay 021
comm_player.c ---> overlay 010
comm_player_support.c
compatible_irc_sys.c ---> overlay 101
config.c
coreboard.c ---> overlay 020
ctalkmsgwin.c ---> overlay 021
cursor_move.c ---> arm9.bin
delivery_beacon.c ---> overlay 010
delivery_irc.c ---> overlay 010
demo3d.c ---> overlay 203
demo3d_cmdsys.c ---> overlay 203
demo3d_data.c ---> overlay 203
demo3d_engine.c ---> overlay 203
demo3d_exp_c_cruiser.c ---> overlay 203
demo3d_graphic.c ---> overlay 203
digitalcardcheck.c ---> overlay 176
double3Ddisp.c
downsing.c ---> overlay 033
dup_fitting.c ---> overlay 133
dup_fitting_item.c ---> overlay 134
effect_encount.c ---> overlay 021
egg_demo_graphic.c ---> overlay 215
egg_demo_view.c ---> overlay 215
enceff.c ---> overlay 021
entrance_camera.c ---> overlay 021
eventdata_system ---> overlay 018 ---> a 1 2 5.narc
event_battle.c ---> overlay 010
event_battle_return.c ---> overlay 092
event_colosseum_battle.c
event_comm_common.c ---> overlay 018
event_comm_sleep.c
event_game_manual.c ---> overlay 021
event_gtsnego.c ---> overlay 001
event_ircbattle.c
event_field_proclink.c ---> overlay 010
event_mapchange.c ---> overlay 020
event_poke_status.c ---> overlay 010
event_pdc_return.c ---> overlay 227
event_research_radar.c ---> overlay 010
event_trainer_eye.c ---> overlay 021
event_shortcut_menu.c ---> overlay 010
event_wifibattlematch.c ---> overlay 002
fade.c
field_bbd_color.c ---> overlay 021
field_buildmodel.c ---> overlay 021
field_camera.c ---> overlay 021
field_camera_anime.c ---> overlay 021
field_comm_actor.c ---> overlay 021
field_effect.c ---> overlay 021
field_encount_st.c ---> overlay 010
field_encount.c ---> overlay 021
field_flash.c ---> overlay 021
field_fk_sound_anime.c ---> overlay 056
field_fog.c ---> overlay 021
field_ground_anime.c ---> overlay 021
field_gimmick_bssubway.c ---> overlay 052
field_gimmick_d06.c ---> overlay 051
field_gimmick_gate.c ---> overlay 048
field_g3dobj.c ---> overlay 021
field_g3d_mapper.c ---> overlay 021
field_g3d_map.c ---> overlay 010
field_light.c ---> overlay 021
field_menu.c ---> overlay 021
field_msgbg.c ---> overlay 021
field_nogrid_mapper.c ---> overlay 021
field_palace_sys.c ---> overlay 021
field_place_name.c ---> overlay 021
field_player.c ---> overlay 021
field_player_core.c ---> overlay 021
field_player_grid.c ---> overlay 021
field_player_grid_event.c ---> overlay 021
field_player_nogrid.c ---> overlay 021
field_rail.c ---> overlay 021
field_rail_loader.c ---> overlay 021
field_saveanime.c ---> overlay 021
field_sound_system.c ---> arm9.bin
field_status.c ---> arm9.bin
field_subscreen.c ---> overlay 021
field_task.c ---> overlay 021
field_task_manager.c ---> overlay 021
field_wfbc.c ---> overlay 021
field_wfbc_data_local.c ---> overlay020
field_zonefog.c
field_3dbg.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap_ctrl_grid.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap_ctrl_hybrid.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap_ctrl_nogrid.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap_ctrl_nogrid_work.c
fieldmap_func.c ---> overlay 021
fieldmap_tcb_camera_zoom.c ---> overlay 021
fieldskill_mapeff.c ---> overlay 021
file_util.c
flash_access.c
fld_btl_inst_tool.c ---> overlay 010
fld_exp_obj.c ---> overlay 021
fld_faceup.c ---> overlay 082
fld_particle.c ---> overlay 021
fld_scenarea.c ---> overlay 021
fld_scenarea_loader.c ---> overlay 021
fld_trade.c ---> overlay 021
fld_vreq.c
fld_wipe_3dobj.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_btrain.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_bubble.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_do6denki.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_encount.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_fishing.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_footmark.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_grass.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_gyoe.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_hide.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_iaigiri.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_iwakudaki.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_kemuri.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_namipoke.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_reflect.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_ripple.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_shadow.c ---> overlay 021
fldeff_splash.c ---> overlay 021
fldmmdl.c ---> overlay 010 ---> a 0 4 8.narc
fldmmdl_acmd.c ---> overlay 021
fldmmdl_blact.c ---> overlay 021
fldmmdl_g3dobj.c ---> overlay 021
fld3d_ci.c ---> overlay 021
frame_list.c ---> overlay 067
game_beacon.c ---> arm9.bin
game_beacon_accessor.c ---> overlay 010
game_beacon_search.c ---> overlay 010
game_comm.c ---> arm9.bin
game_data.c ---> arm9.bin
game_event.c ---> arm9.bin
gds_profile.c ---> arm9.bin
gf_font.c
gf_overlay.c
gf_standard.c
gfl_use.c ---> arm9.bin
gimmic_obj_elboard.c ---> overlay 048
gsync_disp.c ---> overlay 123
gsync_download.c ---> overlay 123
gsync_menu.c ---> overlay 123
gsync_message.c ---> overlay 123
gsync_state.c ---> overlay 123
gtsnego_disp.c ---> overlay 120
gtsnego_message.c ---> overlay 120
guru2.c ---> overlay 137
guru2.comm.c ---> overlay 137
guru2.main.c ---> overlay 137
g3d_camera.c
g3d_light.c
g3d_system.c -->a 0 7 5.narc
g3d_util.c
height_ex.c ---> overlay 021
ica_anime.c ---> arm9.bin
infowin.c ---> arm9.bin
intro_cmd.c ---> overlay 204
intro_graphic.c ---> overlay 204
intro_g3d.c ---> overlay 204
intro_mcss.c ---> overlay 204
intro_msg.c ---> overlay 204
intro_particle.c ---> overlay 204
intrude_battle.c
intrude_comm.c ---> overlay 011
intrude_field.c ---> overlay 018
intrude_message.c
intrude_subdisp.c ---> overlay 018
irc_appbar.c ---> overlay 101
irc_compatible.c ---> overlay 101
irc_ranking.c ---> overlay 106
ircbattlemenu.c ---> overlay 021
ircbattlematch.c ---> overlay 100
iss_city_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_city_unit.c ---> arm9.bin ---> a 1 3 2.narc
iss_dungeon_sys.c ---> arm9.bin---> a 1 4 8.narc
iss_road_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_switch.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_switch_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_switch_set.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
iss_zone_sys.c ---> arm9.bin --> a 1 3 6.narc
iss_3ds_sys.c
itemmenu.c ---> overlay 070
key.c
land_data_patch.c ---> overlay 021
local_tvt_sys.c ---> overlay 174
local_tvt_chara.c ---> overlay 174
livebattlematch_flow ---> overlay 176
livebattlematch_irc ---> overlay 176
mail.c ---> arm9.bin
mailsys.c ---> overlay 136
mailtool.c ---> overlay 136
mailview.c ---> overlay 136
manual_category.c ---> overlay 225
manual_common.c ---> overlay 225
manual_data.c ---> overlay 225
manual_explain.c ---> overlay 225
manual_graphic.c ---> overlay 225
manual_list.c ---> overlay 225
manual_title.c ---> overlay 225
manual_top.c ---> overlay 225
manual_touchbar.c ---> overlay 225
map_matrix.c ---> overlay 010 --->a 0 0 9.narc
map_replace.c ---> overlay 010
mb_comm_sys.c ---> overlay 107
mb_parent_sys.c ---> overlay 107
mb_seq.c ---> overlay 136
mb_util_msg.c ---> overlay 107
mbp.c ---> overlay 107
mcss.c ---> arm9.bin
mictest.c ---> overlay 168
mistery.c ---> overlay 121
mistery_album.c ---> overlay 121
mistery_data.c ---> arm9.bin
mistery_graphic.c ---> overlay 121
mistery_net.c ---> overlay 121
mistery_util.c ---> overlay 121
mon.c
monolithe_tool.c ---> overlay 071
move_pokemon.c ---> overlay 010
msgdata.c --->a 0 0 2.narc, a 0 0 3.narc
msgsearch.c ---> overlay 067
mus_comm_func.c ---> overlay 132
mus_item_draw.c ---> overlay 112
mus_item_data.c ---> overlay 112
mus_poke_draw.c ---> overlay 112
mus_shot_info.c ---> overlay 112
mus_shot_photo.c ---> overlay 112
musical_dist_save.c ---> arm9.bin
musical_dressup_sys.c
musical_event.c
musical_mcss.c ---> overlay 112
musical_program.c
musical_stage_sys.c
musical_shot_sys.c ---> overlay 112
musical_system.c ---> overlay 112
myitem_savedata.c ---> arm9.bin
mystatus.c ---> arm9.bin
mysterydata.c
namein_data.c ---> overlay 194
namein_graphic.c ---> overlay 194
namein_setup.c ---> overlay 010
net_command.c
net.c
net_devwireless.c ---> overlay 014
net_err.c ---> arm9.bin
net_handle.c
net_lower_data.c
net_queue.c
net_ring_buff.c
net_save.c ---> arm9.bin
net_system.c
net_whpipe.c ---> overlay 014
no_gear.c ---> overlay 030
oeaki.c ---> overlay 023
p_status.c ---> overlay 131
p_sta_info.c ---> overlay 131
p_sta_oam.c ---> overlay 131
p_sta_ribbon.c ---> overlay 131
p_sta_skill.c ---> overlay 131
p_sta_sub.c ---> overlay 131
palanm.c --->a 0 1 1.narc
palette_anime.c ---> overlay 217
particle.c
party_select_list.c ---> overlay 021
pdc.c ---> overlay 098
pdc_main.c ---> overlay 098
pdc_msg.c ---> overlay 098
pdw_postman.c ---> overlay 021
pdwacc_disp.c ---> overlay 123
pdwacc_message.c ---> overlay 123
perapvoice.c ---> arm9.bin
percentage.c ---> overlay 217
place_name_letter.c ---> overlay 021
player_volume_fader.c ---> arm9.bin
playtime.c ---> arm9.bin
pleasure_boat.c ---> overlay 021
plist_battle.c ---> overlay 091
plist_demo.c ---> overlay 091
plist_menu.c ---> overlay 091
plist_message.c ---> overlay 091
plist_plate.c ---> overlay 091
pm_voice.c ---> arm9.bin
pms_draw.c
pms_input.c ---> overlay 110
pms_input_data.c ---> overlay 110
pms_selectgraphic.c ---> overlay 110
pms_word.c ---> arm9.bin
pmsi_param.c ---> arm9.bin
pmsi_search.c ---> overlay 110
pmsiv_category.c ---> overlay 110
pmsiv_edit.c ---> overlay 110
pmsiv_menu.c ---> overlay 110
pmsiv_wordwin.c ---> overlay 110
pokelist.c ---> overlay 092
pokemontrade_demo_down.c ---> overlay 118
pokemontrade_demo_common.c --> overlay 118,117
pokemontrade_demo_middle.c ---> overlay 118
pokemontrade_demo_up.c ---> overlay 118
pokemontrade_ircdemo.c ---> overlay 117
pokemontrade_2d.c ---> overlay 119
pokegra.c
pokeparty.c ---> arm9.bin
poke_personal.c ---> arm9.bin
poke_regulation.c ---> arm9.bin
poke_tool.c ---> arm9.bin
print_sys.c ---> arm9.bin
prof_word.c --> overlay 194
psel.c ---> overlay 223
psel_graphic.c ---> overlay 223
queue.c ---> overlay 217
rail_attr.c ---> overlay 021
rail_slipdown.c ---> overlay 063
report.c ---> overlay 034
report_event.c ---> overlay 010
research_common.c ---> overlay 217
research_graph.c ---> overlay 217
research_list.c ---> overlay 217
research_list_recovery.c ---> overlay 217
research_top.c ---> overlay 217
regulation.c ---> arm9.bin
ringtone_sys.c
savedata.c
save_control.c ---> arm9.bin
save_control_intr.c ---> overlay 088
save_otuside.c ---> overlay 228
screentex.c ---> arm9.bin
scrcmd_c03center.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_encount.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_fld_battle.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_musical.c ---> overlay 010
scrcmd_network.c ---> overlay 010
scrcmd_palpark.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_pokemon_fld.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_proc.c ---> overlay 010
scrcmd_proc_fld.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_sodateya.c ---> overlay 010
scrcmd_screeneffects.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_shop.c ---> overlay 021
scrcmd_work.c ---> overlay 010
script_sys.c ---> overlay 010
script_work.c ---> overlay 010
shinka_check.c ---> arm9.bin
shinka_demo.c ---> overlay 195
shinka_demo_effect.c ---> overlay 195
shinka_demo_graphic.c ---> overlay 195
shinka_demo_view.c ---> overlay 195
shortcut_menu.c ---> overlay 021
sodateya.c ---> overlay 021
sound_obj.c ---> overlay 021
sp_poke_gimmick.c ---> overlay 059
startmenu.c ---> overlay 088
snd_mic.c ---> arm9.bin
sta_act_bg.c ---> overlay 112
sta_act_light.c ---> overlay 112
sta_act_obj.c ---> overlay 112
sta_act_poke.c ---> overlay 112
subway_map_graphic.c ---> overlay 224
symbol_map.c ---> overlay 010
symbol_save.c ---> arm9.bin
systemfont.c
tcbl.c
textprint.c
th_award_graphic.c ---> overlay 220
the_end_graphic.c --> overlay 182
time_icon.c
touchbar.c ---> overlay 067
touchpanel.c
townmap.c ---> overlay 072
townmap_grh.c ---> overlay 072
trcard_sys.c ---> overlay 010
trial_house.c ---> overlay 021
tpoke_data.c
tr_ai.c ---> overlay 096
tr_tool.c
ui.c
ui_scene.c ---> overlay 067
union_app.c ---> overlay 022
union_chat.c
union_comm.c ---> overlay 012
union_eff.c ---> overlay 019
union_main.c ---> overlay 012
union_msg.c ---> overlay 019
union_oneself.c ---> overlay 019
union_subdisp.c ---> overlay 031
un_select.c ---> overlay 218
un_select_graphic.c ---> overlay 218
yesno_menu.c ---> overlay 067
waza_tool.c ---> arm9.bin
waza_oshie.c ---> overlay 010
weather.c ---> overlay 021
weather_task.c ---> overlay 021
wf2dmap_cmdq.c ---> overlay 127
wf2dmap_map.c ---> overlay 127
wf2dmap_obj.c ---> overlay 127
wf2dmap_objdraw.c ---> overlay 127
wf2dmap_scrdraw.c ---> overlay 127
wifi_bsubway_graphic.c ---> overlay 116
wifi_2dchar.c ---> overlay 127
wifibattlematch_graphic.c ---> overlay 177
wifibattlematch_sys.c ---> overlay 199
wifibattlematch_util.c ---> overlay 177
wifibattlematch_view.c ---> overlay 177
wifilogin_disp.c ---> overlay 115
wifilogin_message.c ---> overlay 115
wih.c ---> overlay 014
wih_dwc.c ---> arm9.bin
wipe.c
wipe_sub.c ---> arm9.bin
wordset.c
worldtrade_adapter.c ---> overlay 135
vm.c ---> arm9.bin
vman.c
vs_multi_list.c ---> overlay 097
zenkoku_zukan_award.c ---> overlay 222
zenkoku_zukan_award_graphic.c ---> overlay 222
zknd_tbar.c ---> overlay 208
zknsearch_main.c ---> overlay 210
zonedata.c ---> arm9.bin ---> a 0 1 2.narc
zukan.c ---> overlay 212
zukan_detail.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_common.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_form.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_graphic.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_headbar.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_procsys.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_touchbar.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_detail_voice.c ---> overlay 208
zukan_info.c ---> 206
zukan_nickname.c ---> overlay 207
zukan_search_engine.c ---> overlay 212
zukan_toroku_graphic.c ---> overlay 207

Ardorin
March 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Has anybody found the location of the trainer back sprites?

knizz
March 19th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Great list pichu2000.
How did you make it?

pichu2000
March 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I dump all the overlay.bin, and i uncompress them with crystaltile. Then i open all and i wrote all the .c functions that i find.
Then i used desmume debugger to find the called file. During emulation into slow VRAM part((200000-300000) the game load first the function and after(it's not easy to find) the file used from the function. I don't know if all the function work at the same way, but for now all the called file are exact.( For example zonedata.c called a 0 1 2.narc that contain effectively the map properties list.)

Do you wanna help me in this research?

Team Fail
March 19th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I dump all the overlay.bin, and i uncompress them with crystaltile. Then i open all and i wrote all the .c functions that i find.
Then i used desmume debugger to find the called file. During emulation into slow VRAM part((200000-300000) the game load first the function and after(it's not easy to find) the file used from the function. I don't know if all the function work at the same way, but for now all the called file are exact.( For example zonedata.c called a 0 1 2.narc that contain effectively the map properties list.)

Do you wanna help me in this research?

That's awesome. I hope to see that list complete- I'd love to tinker around with the game.

pichu2000
March 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Yes, but i need help because it's very difficult find the called file.
Someone wanna help me or not?

The 100 Mega Shock
March 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
You will have to pardon me if I am being dense, but I see nothing about OW sprites there, which are what I was talking about, and which seem to work as always. Battle sprites aren't really an issue if your goal is to re-implement the following script/feature.

I was referring to Putin's comment about adding different sprites or Pokémon into BW.

Hellcat
March 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
Ok guys.

It's been some time since the releases of all the B/W roms, and still I'm asking a very important question about the B/W hack.

I know it's possible, but it seems no-one can explain how to do this.

I mean this : youtube.com/watch?v=FvvUjuFQMBA

I want to know how to :

- change trainer's overworld sprite
- change trainer's mugshot (sprite in the "VS" screen, just as the battle start)
- change trainer's in-battle sprite (most important, the rest is optionnal)

As you can see in the video, it's possible. So, anyone can tell how the heck this guy made this ?

I'm not sure if I post this in the right section BTW.

ystiang
March 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM
Are Pokemon sprites edit possible now?
Maybe from animated to fixed?

I know it stored at ROM a/0/0/4......
Any program or software can be extract and reinsert sprites?

tpmrpg
March 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
how do you open all the files in the ROM like a/0/0/4 for example cause tahaxan won't open them.

Team Fail
March 27th, 2011, 09:00 AM
how do you open all the files in the ROM like a/0/0/4 for example cause tahaxan won't open them.

Try a complete unpack with DSlazy, but if you want individual files, try CrystalTile.

Sabi96
March 31st, 2011, 11:32 AM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/Gamer2020/Capture.png

If only you could see the other things I didn't feel like taking screens of...

How did you do this??? Can you send me the files of Zekrom and Reshiram? Or tell me how to get it

iAreMudkipz
March 31st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hi,
I've read a couple of tutorials on how to use CrytalTile 2. I've been trying to hack Black and White OWs.
I've gotten this far.
I need help =/

pokefan345
March 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Pokémon sprites in BW are not frame-by-frame animation. They're segmented pieces drawn on a 256 x 128 map, stitched together by the engine in-game and animated using part swapping, auto transformation/rotation/scaling and moving each segment individually.

Wow. My respect for the developers at Nintendo just skyrocketed.

Kanzler
April 2nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
I've been hex editing for a short amount of time, and know next to nothing about how to do things properly. I've been looking into editing pokemon moves and what each byte does, how many bytes it takes to describe a move, etc. I've been cross analyzing segments that I think are specific moves, but I don't know where each move starts. Here's such a segment:

Surf: 53 53 48 00 00 00 0A 00 02 5F 64 0F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I am not sure whether or not a move starts with 53 53, but it seems like a trend, and I'm just using it as a starting point to centre all my records around. I've also recorded Psychic, Waterfall, Earthquake, Discharge, Flamethrower, and Cut in this way. I am positive of certain bytes that contain type, effect, power, accuracy, and pp.

The trouble is that I'm new to this business, and don't understand how to improve my efficiency. Hopefully this is a shoutout to everybody that's working on the same thing or has a better understanding of this than I do.

Btw, the attack info is stored at a/0/2/1. This is not completely my work, I didn't know where the attacks were stored until I found out on a certain post after scouring random forums.

FlameEntei
April 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Anyone figure out how to edit the Wild Pokemon in routes. Or is Drayano the only one who has figured it out?

aragornbird
April 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's actually pretty easy, even for a beginner like me. All you need is a hex editor (I use HxD), a calculator that translates decimal into hex (I use subnet (http://www.subnetonline.com/pages/converters/hex-to-bin-to-dec.php)), and an online Pokemon guide that list Pokemon locations (like Serebii or Bulbapedia).
You can use the Wild Pokemon narc in order to do the editing, so extract a/1/2/6 from a B/W ROM using NitroExplorer 2 (a must for any DS Pokemon hacker).

Every location in the game has a certain Pokemon appearing at a certain level. For instance, Lv. 15 Venipede only appear in Pinwheel Forest. Most hex editors have a search function, so to jump to a certain area, locate a specific Pokemon at a specific level by translating its National Dex number and level into hex using your hex-to-decimal calculator.

Venipede is #543, which is 21F in hex. Now bytes in a hex editor always appear in multiples of two, so 02 1F is the same thing as 21F. But Pokemon games take the last two digits and put them in front of the first two. So the game recognizes Venipede as 1F 02.
Level is the same thing. The number 15 is F in hex, which is the same thing as 0F. So searching for "1F 02 0F" will take you to Lv. 15 Venipede's location and ultimately, the location for every Pokemon in Pinwheel Forest.

Now you can replace Pokemon and change the levels by overwriting the bytes that are there with the bytes that represent the Pokemon and/or levels you want.

After that, just save everything, reinsert the narc in the correct place, and test out your changes!

Also, every 4 bytes is a Pokemon entry. The first two bytes is the National Dex number of the Pokemon and the last two are the levels that Pokemon can be found. Venipedes can be found at Level 15 and 16 in Pinwheel Forest so you'll find entries for both 1F 02 0F 0F and 1F 02 10 10 (10 is 16 in hex).

There are several different methods of encountering Pokemon (normal grass, dark grass, shaking grass etc.) Each method has a total of twelve Pokemon entries, even if there is only one or two Pokemon that can be found in that method. Pokemon entries in the beginning of the 12 slots of any encounter method will make them more common than entries near the end. You can see this happening in Chargestone Cave's location, where Joltik's entries occupy a lot of spaces in the beginning and Tynamo's entry occupies only a little space near the end. This makes Joltik far more common than Tynamo.

Anyways, hopefully, that will help more people. Feel free to make a more extensive guide in the Tutorial's section.

And someone PLEASE figure out how to edit B/W trainer sprites. It's easy enough to access them in Crystal Tile 2, but the problem lies in what numbers to input to get the sprites to line up correctly.

FlameEntei
April 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Ah ok.. now I am at Route 1 Patrat... which is at offset

083CBB44 at
F8 01 02 which is Patrat
FA 01 03 which is Lillipup.

In the Cygnus Editor, it looks like this

F8 01 02 FA 01 03.etc
---------------
Ok sorry I have succeeded adding Pidoves into Route 1. Thanks a lot.

Now has anyone figured out how to edit the title screen for Black and White?

BlitzMK
April 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Any news on how to edit the starter Pokemon? Nothing like Diamond/Pearl/Any other Pokemon game it seems. Been wading through hex for the past week trying to figure it out.

FlameEntei
April 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Any news on how to edit the starter Pokemon? Nothing like Diamond/Pearl/Any other Pokemon game it seems. Been wading through hex for the past week trying to figure it out.

It seems that there is no way to do that.

For Now I think we can just edit the Wild pokemon data to include the starters. In the Anime, we remember seeing starter pokemon having sustainable and wild population. Ash ketchum's pokemon are starters but they were caught "wild"

Hi-Techneon
April 11th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Has someone found the Black and White Save Structure yet? What bytes represent the player coordinates, the party, empty bytes,...?

EDIT:
I've been hex editing for a short amount of time, and know next to nothing about how to do things properly. I've been looking into editing pokemon moves and what each byte does, how many bytes it takes to describe a move, etc. I've been cross analyzing segments that I think are specific moves, but I don't know where each move starts. Here's such a segment:

Surf: 53 53 48 00 00 00 0A 00 02 5F 64 0F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I am not sure whether or not a move starts with 53 53, but it seems like a trend, and I'm just using it as a starting point to centre all my records around. I've also recorded Psychic, Waterfall, Earthquake, Discharge, Flamethrower, and Cut in this way. I am positive of certain bytes that contain type, effect, power, accuracy, and pp.

The trouble is that I'm new to this business, and don't understand how to improve my efficiency. Hopefully this is a shoutout to everybody that's working on the same thing or has a better understanding of this than I do.

Btw, the attack info is stored at a/0/2/1. This is not completely my work, I didn't know where the attacks were stored until I found out on a certain post after scouring random forums.

I did a little research on Surf (even though my hex editor couldn't find it in a/0/2/1):
All parts I found are highlighted in red.
5F in decimal is 95, Surf's base power.
64 in decimal is 100, Surf's accuracy.
0F in decimal is 15, Surf's PP.
I'm not sure about '04' but if I'm right, it represents the type of the move.

EDIT2: By the way, if I'm right, then moves end with 5353, they don't start with it.

IronTrapinch
April 11th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Over at GBAttempt they have a 5th gen YAPE of sorts, it edits Type, Abilities, Base Stats, and the Ratios (gender, catch etc). But it doesn't have level up move changing yet unfortunately. Though I know it works, I changed Maractus to have Steel Thorns as a possible ability and it worked.

Zark
April 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I made ​​a basic list of the structure of Pokémon Black:
a/0/0/0 - Wi-Fi signal icon [5 files]
a/0/0/1 - [8 files]
a/0/0/2 - [288 files]
a/0/0/3 - [472 files]
a/0/0/4 - Pokémon Sprites [14285 files]
a/0/0/5 - [13 files]
a/0/0/6 - [733 files]
a/0/0/7 - Pokémon Icons [1431 files]
a/0/0/8 - [649 files]
a/0/0/9 - [255 files]

a/0/1/0 - [1 file]
a/0/1/1 - [222 files]
a/0/1/2 - [1 file]
a/0/1/3 - Doesn't open
a/0/1/4 - [282 files]
a/0/1/5 - [5 files]
a/0/1/6 - [668 files]
a/0/1/7 - [8 files]
a/0/1/8 - [668 files]
a/0/1/9 - EVOLUTION METHOD [668 files]

a/0/2/0 - [650 files]
a/0/2/1 - ATTACKS [560 files]
a/0/2/2 - [3 files]
a/0/2/3 - [8 files]
a/0/2/4 - [627 files]
a/0/2/5 - Item Icons [1005 files]
a/0/2/6 - Pokémon Black Intro [15 files]
a/0/2/7 - Option menu [17 files]
a/0/2/8 - [17 files]
a/0/2/9 - C-Gear [18 files]

a/0/3/0 - [35 files]
a/0/3/1 - Heroes Overworld Sprites [24 files]
a/0/3/2 - Other Overworld Sprites [97 files]
a/0/3/3 - [33 files]
a/0/3/4 - [39 files]
a/0/3/5 - [16 files]
a/0/3/6 - Unova Map (Sepia) [14 files]
a/0/3/7 - [1 file]
a/0/3/8 - [1 file]
a/0/3/9 - [18 files]

a/0/4/0 - ¿Trainer Card? [53 files]
a/0/4/1 - Some Trainer Sprites [33 files]
a/0/4/2 - [1 file]
a/0/4/3 - [47 files]
a/0/4/4 - [12 files]
a/0/4/5 - Pokémon Musical Accessories [102 files]
a/0/4/6 - [27 files]
a/0/4/7 - [80 files]
a/0/4/8 - [1 file]
a/0/4/9 - Minisprites [764 files]

a/0/5/0 - [2 files]
a/0/5/1 - [9 files]
a/0/5/2 - Pokémon Sprites [14285 files]
a/0/5/3 - [19 files]
a/0/5/4 - Bag Menu [11 files]
a/0/5/5 - Types [29 files]
a/0/5/6 - [44 files]
a/0/5/7 - [899 files]
a/0/5/8 - [17 files]
a/0/5/9 - [18 files]

a/0/6/0 - [1 file]
a/0/6/1 - [56 files]
a/0/6/2 - [10 files]
a/0/6/3 - [17 files]
a/0/6/4 - Trainer Backsprites [48 files]
a/0/6/5 - [2 files]
a/0/6/6 - [601 files]
a/0/6/7 - [98 files]
a/0/6/8 - [3 files]
a/0/6/9 - [29 files]

a/0/7/0 - [6 files]
a/0/7/1 - [39 files]
a/0/7/2 - Trainer Sprites [760 files]
a/0/7/3 - Trainer Backsprites [48 files]
a/0/7/4 - [1 file]
a/0/7/5 - Grass Animations [151 files]
a/0/7/6 - [29 files]
a/0/7/7 - [8 files]
a/0/7/8 - Pokémon's Internal menu [179 files]
a/0/7/9 - [34 files]

a/0/8/0 - [1 file]
a/0/8/1 - [14 files]
a/0/8/2 - [2 files]
a/0/8/3 - [172 files]
a/0/8/4 - [4 files]
a/0/8/5 - Minimap [21 files]
a/0/8/6 - [1 file]
a/0/8/7 - [1 file]
a/0/8/8 - [40 files]
a/0/8/9 - [24 files]

a/0/9/0 - [1 file]
a/0/9/1 - [1 file]
a/0/9/2 - TRAINER AND POKÉMON DATA [616 files]
a/0/9/3 - TRAINER AND POKÉMON DATA [616 files]
a/0/9/4 - [53 files]
a/0/9/5 - [165 files]
a/0/9/6 - [42 files]
a/0/9/7 - [2 files]
a/0/9/8 - [10 files]
a/0/9/9 - Battle Menus [17 files]

a/1/0/0 - Battle Menus [20 files]
a/1/0/1 - [1 file]
a/1/0/2 - [31 files]
a/1/0/3 - [64 files]
a/1/0/4 - [13 files]
a/1/0/5 - [29 files]
a/1/0/6 - [20 files]
a/1/0/7 - [39 files]
a/1/0/8 - [282 files]
a/1/0/9 - [17 files]

a/1/1/0 - [2 files]
a/1/1/1 - [6 files]
a/1/1/2 - [6 files]
a/1/1/3 - [6 files]
a/1/1/4 - [6 files]
a/1/1/5 - [183 files]
a/1/1/6 - [79 files]
a/1/1/7 - [53 files]
a/1/1/8 - [11 files]
a/1/1/9 - [9 files]

a/1/2/0 - [5 files]
a/1/2/1 - [23 files]
a/1/2/2 - [15 files]
a/1/2/3 - [650 files]
a/1/2/4 - [29 files]
a/1/2/5 - [428 files]
a/1/2/6 - WILD POKÉMON[112 files]
a/1/2/7 - [7 files]
a/1/2/8 - [8 files]
a/1/2/9 - [12 files]

a/1/3/0 - [36 files]
a/1/3/1 - [69 files]
a/1/3/2 - [5 files]
a/1/3/3 - [12 files]
a/1/3/4 - [670 files]
a/1/3/5 - [28 files]
a/1/3/6 - [31 files]
a/1/3/7 - [108 files]
a/1/3/8 - [8 files]
a/1/3/9 - [12 files]

a/1/4/0 - [7 files]
a/1/4/1 - [14 files]
a/1/4/2 - [39 files]
a/1/4/3 - [28 files]
a/1/4/4 - [23 files]
a/1/4/5 - [8 files]
a/1/4/6 - [10 files]
a/1/4/7 - [3 files]
a/1/4/8 - [18 files]
a/1/4/9 - [1 file]

a/1/5/0 - [32 files]
a/1/5/1 - Season Statuses [12 files]
a/1/5/2 - [3 files]
a/1/5/3 - [9 files]
a/1/5/4 - [37 files]
a/1/5/5 - Mail Backgrounds [48 files]
a/1/5/6 - [46 files]
a/1/5/7 - [26 files]
a/1/5/8 - [5 files]
a/1/5/9 - [113 files]

a/1/6/0 - [252 files]
a/1/6/1 - GAME FREAK PRESENT, POKÉMON B/W [5 files]
a/1/6/2 - [19 files]
a/1/6/3 - [7 files]
a/1/6/4 - 2011 Pokémon, 1995-2011 Nintendo... [5 files]
a/1/6/5 - [13 files]
a/1/6/6 - [9 files]
a/1/6/7 - [655 files]
a/1/6/8 - [315 files]
a/1/6/9 - [951 files]

a/1/7/0 - Juniper's Intro [37 files]
a/1/7/1 - [14 files]
a/1/7/2 - [27 files]
a/1/7/3 - [35 files]
a/1/7/4 - [24 files]
a/1/7/5 - [2 files]
a/1/7/6 - [52 files]
a/1/7/7 - [64 files]
a/1/7/8 - [649 files]
a/1/7/9 - [50 files]

a/1/8/0 - Mugshots [44 files]
a/1/8/1 - [35 files]
a/1/8/2 - [11 files]
a/1/8/3 - [28 files]
a/1/8/4 - [17 files]
a/1/8/5 - [2 files]
a/1/8/6 - [7 files]
a/1/8/7 - [12 files]
a/1/8/8 - VS Recorder, Saved Videos [5 files]
a/1/8/9 - [11 files]

a/1/9/0 - [7 files]
a/1/9/1 - [9 files]
a/1/9/2 - [23 files]
a/1/9/3 - [14 files]
a/1/9/4 - [652 files]
a/1/9/5 - [14 files]
a/1/9/6 - [7 files]
a/1/9/7 - [8 files]
a/1/9/8 - [1 file]
a/1/9/9 - [11 files]

a/2/0/0 - [3 files]
a/2/0/1 - [8 files]
a/2/0/2 - [10 files]
a/2/0/3 - [4 files]
a/2/0/4 - [8 files]
a/2/0/5 - Starter Selection Graphics [40 files]
a/2/0/6 - Battle Subway Map [4 files]
a/2/0/7 - [1 file]
a/2/0/8 - [4 files]
a/2/0/9 - [1 file]

a/2/1/0 - [9 files]
a/2/1/1 - [1 file]
a/2/1/2 - [2 files]
a/2/1/3 - [8 files]
a/2/1/4 - [1000 files]
a/2/1/5 - [315 files]
a/2/1/6 - [52 files]
a/2/1/7 - [2 files]
a/2/1/8 - [4 files]
a/2/1/9 - [10 files]

a/2/2/0 - [13 files]
a/2/2/1 - [7 files]
a/2/2/2 - [6 files]
a/2/2/3 - [13 files]
a/2/2/4 - [4 files]
a/2/2/5 - [151 files]
a/2/2/6 - [174 files]
a/2/2/7 - [1 files]
a/2/2/8 - [6 files]
a/2/2/9 - [51 files]

a/2/3/0 - [64 files]
a/2/3/1 - [73 files]
a/2/3/2 - [1 file "battle_pocket.dat"]
a/2/3/3 - [2 files]
a/2/3/4 - [3 files]

andibad
April 12th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Maybe like this ? :

a/0/0
a/0/0/0 ---> indikator wifi sprite
a/0/0/1 ---> minning sprite ??? (DPPt file ???)
a/0/0/2 ---> dialog file - main
a/0/0/3 ---> dialog file - story
a/0/0/4 ---> Pokemon Sprites
a/0/0/5 ---> dialog frame sprite
a/0/0/6 ---> SPA
a/0/0/7 ---> icon pokemon file
a/0/0/8 ---> In-menu Pokemon sprites
a/0/0/9 ---> GMIF file ???

a/0/1
a/0/1/0 ---> BTNF, GMIF???
a/0/1/1 ---> battle animation sprite
a/0/1/2 ---> BTAF , BTNF, GMIF ???
a/0/1/3 --->
a/0/1/4 ---> 0XTB, the overworld BTX files arena sprite
a/0/1/5 --->
a/0/1/6 ---> base stats
a/0/1/7 --->
a/0/1/8 ---> Level up move
a/0/1/9 ---> pokemon data evolve data

a/0/2
a/0/2/0 --->
a/0/2/1 ---> move script, stat script
a/0/2/2 ---> sprite frame biru di dialog error code
a/0/2/3 ---> Font BW data
a/0/2/4 --->
a/0/2/5 ---> item sprites, poke ball, ect
a/0/2/6 ---> logo ?
a/0/2/7 ---> BG pokedex, setting layout?
a/0/2/8 ---> C-gear sprite
a/0/2/9 ---> c-gear sprite -->conect

a/0/3
a/0/3/0 ---> c-gear sprite, [Touchscreen status]
a/0/3/1 ---> hero sprite, player
a/0/3/2 ---> people sprite, NPC
a/0/3/3 ---> c-gear
a/0/3/4 ---> trainer card sprite
a/0/3/5 ---> sCRENN Main menu sprite (compressed)
a/0/3/6 ---> Peta sprite own world- (??)
a/0/3/7 --->
a/0/3/8 --->
a/0/3/9 ---> Peta sprite own world- 2 (??)

a/0/4
a/0/4/0 ---> TC-CARD+GYMBADGECASESprite
a/0/4/1 ---> Trainer sprites in combat
a/0/4/2 --->
a/0/4/3 ---> summary sprite, email sprite text
a/0/4/4 ---> ???
a/0/4/5 ---> BTX SPRITE POKEMON MUSICAL
a/0/4/6 ---> Pokemon musical sprite
a/0/4/7 ---> People pokemon musical sprite
a/0/4/8 --->
a/0/4/9 ---> BTX SPRITE HERO SPRITE

a/0/5
a/0/5/0 ---> Text c-gear time+online
a/0/5/1 --->
a/0/5/2 ---> Pokemon Sprites
a/0/5/3 --->
a/0/5/4 ---> Buyer sprite
a/0/5/5 ---> Pokemon types / movement type Japanese
a/0/5/6 ---> weather effect sprite
a/0/5/7 ---> wild pokemon outside (???)
a/0/5/8 --->
a/0/5/9 ---> Palpad sprite

a/0/6
a/0/6/0 --->
a/0/6/1 --->
a/0/6/2 --->
a/0/6/3 ---> palpad sprite (?)
a/0/6/4 ---> Hero sprite used pokeball (compressed in new method ?)
a/0/6/5 ---> Text ? font battle pokemon name?
a/0/6/6 --->
a/0/6/7 --->
a/0/6/8 ---> debug sprite ? is look view status?
a/0/6/9 ---> bta files ?

a/0/7
a/0/7/0 --->
a/0/7/1 ---> C-gear menu, save menu at c-gear menu
a/0/7/2 ---> sprite hero, NPC sprite (compressed)
a/0/7/3 ---> hero action pokeball with miracle shooter
a/0/7/4 ---> Model sprite ?
a/0/7/5 ---> BTX icon sprite grass, water , ect
a/0/7/6 ---> Pokemon menu (menu game) back sprite
a/0/7/7 ---> feeling checker back sprite
a/0/7/8 ---> Pokemon sprite summary sprite
a/0/7/9 --->

a/0/8
a/0/8/0 --->
a/0/8/1 --->
a/0/8/2 --->
a/0/8/3 ---> [Pokemon status menu]+in battle , status sprite, battle, menu ?
a/0/8/4 --->
a/0/8/5 ---> World map
a/0/8/6 --->
a/0/8/7 --->
a/0/8/8 ---> item menu sprite
a/0/8/9 ---> battle recorder back screen

a/0/9
a/0/9/0 --->
a/0/9/1 --->
a/0/9/2 ---> trdata
a/0/9/3 ---> pkdata
a/0/9/4 ---> felling check sprite
a/0/9/5 ---> battle moves effect sprite
a/0/9/6 ---> Wireless battle sprite
a/0/9/7 --->
a/0/9/8 --->
a/0/9/9 ---> battle item menu buttons sprite

a/1/0
a/1/0/0 ---> battle mobe menu buttons sprite
a/1/0/1 --->
a/1/0/2 ---> trade backsprite c-gear
a/1/0/3 --->
a/1/0/4 --->
a/1/0/5 --->
a/1/0/6 ---> mic test back screen sprite
a/1/0/7 --->
a/1/0/8 --->
a/1/0/9 --->

a/1/1
a/1/1/0 --->
a/1/1/1 --->
a/1/1/2 --->
a/1/1/3 --->
a/1/1/4 --->
a/1/1/5 --->
a/1/1/6 ---> PC BOX Sprite
a/1/1/7 --->
a/1/1/8 ---> Keyboard
a/1/1/9 --->

a/1/2
a/1/2/0 ---> Wifi club screen
a/1/2/1 --->
a/1/2/2 --->
a/1/2/3 --->
a/1/2/4 ---> Pokemon types / movement type English
a/1/2/5 --->
a/1/2/6 ---> wild pokemon data script file
a/1/2/7 ---> BMD0
a/1/2/8 ---> quick menu sprite
a/1/2/9 ---> help PC menu sprite model

a/1/3
a/1/3/0 ---> gate tv artwork BTX file sprite
a/1/3/1 ---> [Character Artworks]
a/1/3/2 --->
a/1/3/3 ---> battle competition menu start
a/1/3/4 --->
a/1/3/5 ---> battle effect sprinkle
a/1/3/6 --->
a/1/3/7 ---> Battle Recorder
a/1/3/8 --->
a/1/3/9 ---> DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen

a/1/4
a/1/4/0 ---> background sprite
a/1/4/1 ---> DW SELECTED POKEMON SPRITE
a/1/4/2 ---> poketransfer sprite
a/1/4/3 ---> Game Sync Screens
a/1/4/4 ---> globalWIfi sprite
a/1/4/5 ---> wifi WFC conection sprite
a/1/4/6 --->
a/1/4/7 ---> water effect effect texture
a/1/4/8 --->
a/1/4/9 --->

a/1/5
a/1/5/0 ---> Nitro model hero+ effect BTX Model
a/1/5/1 ---> Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/5/2 --->
a/1/5/3 ---> Ice Texture (???)
a/1/5/4 --->
a/1/5/5 ---> Email sprite
a/1/5/6 --->
a/1/5/7 --->
a/1/5/8 --->
a/1/5/9 ---> pokedex / data pokemon sprite summary

a/1/6
a/1/6/0 ---> Texture 3D animate file + hero sprite, weather at call feature
a/1/6/1 ---> Gamefreak screen opening <<
a/1/6/2 ---> gym place texture
a/1/6/3 --->
a/1/6/4 ---> Copyright Screen
a/1/6/5 --->
a/1/6/6 --->
a/1/6/7 --->
a/1/6/8 --->
a/1/6/9 --->

a/1/7
a/1/7/0 ---> opening game, Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 --->
a/1/7/2 ---> c-gear - Live caster
a/1/7/3 ---> Balloons status chat emotion (c-gear chat fuction)
a/1/7/4 --->
a/1/7/5 --->
a/1/7/6 ---> BTX files, ship texture, house texture~~~
a/1/7/7 ---> BTX files, ??? (i don't know what that texture for?)
a/1/7/8 --->
a/1/7/9 --->

a/1/8
a/1/8/0 ---> Mugshot sprite (compressed)
a/1/8/1 ---> Wifi and Wifi related models (example, world globe)
a/1/8/2 ---> opening N/opening start game at beggining ???
a/1/8/3 ---> sprite ???
a/1/8/4 ---> Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/5 --->
a/1/8/6 --->
a/1/8/7 ---> Mysterious Person 'N'
a/1/8/8 ---> VSrecorder battle board sprite
a/1/8/9 ---> opening border sprite (N opening, pokemon opening)

a/1/9
a/1/9/0 ---> texture ???
a/1/9/1 ---> sprite ???
a/1/9/2 ---> c-gear, chat fuction sprite
a/1/9/3 ---> union tower sprite
a/1/9/4 --->
a/1/9/5 ---> Contains Item-finder Images
a/1/9/6 --->
a/1/9/7 ---> Wifi and Wifi related models (example, world globe)
a/1/9/8 ---> loading sprite
a/1/9/9 ---> Questioner sprite

a/2/0
a/2/0/0 ---> sprite save writing book
a/2/0/1 ---> [Certificate] battle testing di raimon city
a/2/0/2 ---> [Certificate] battle testing di raimon city
a/2/0/3 --->
a/2/0/4 ---> Texture?
a/2/0/5 ---> [Starter's pictures/3D Models]
a/2/0/6 ---> Battle Subway Map
a/2/0/7 ---> Has model data (same as below)
a/2/0/8 --->
a/2/0/9 --->

a/2/1
a/2/1/0 --->
a/2/1/1 --->
a/2/1/2 --->
a/2/1/3 ---> hall of fame sprite
a/2/1/4 --->
a/2/1/5 --->
a/2/1/6 ---> battle stanbay sprite
a/2/1/7 --->
a/2/1/8 --->
a/2/1/9 --->

a/2/2
a/2/2/0 ---> ['The End' Screen/3D Models]
a/2/2/1 --->
a/2/2/2 ---> 0DMB files
a/2/2/3 ---> forgot/remember move sprite in-game
a/2/2/4 --->
a/2/2/5 --->
a/2/2/6 --->
a/2/2/7 --->
a/2/2/8 ---> 0dmb
a/2/2/9 ---> dba

a/2/3
a/2/3/0 ---> Has MDL0 files (3d models)
a/2/3/1 --->
a/2/3/2 --->
a/2/3/3 --->
a/2/3/4 ---> Error message

nb: both are for pokemon black and white.

Hikamaru
April 30th, 2011, 03:05 AM

It's actually pretty easy, even for a beginner like me. All you need is a hex editor (I use HxD), a calculator that translates decimal into hex (I use subnet (http://www.subnetonline.com/pages/converters/hex-to-bin-to-dec.php)), and an online Pokemon guide that list Pokemon locations (like Serebii or Bulbapedia).
You can use the Wild Pokemon narc in order to do the editing, so extract a/1/2/6 from a B/W ROM using NitroExplorer 2 (a must for any DS Pokemon hacker).

Every location in the game has a certain Pokemon appearing at a certain level. For instance, Lv. 15 Venipede only appear in Pinwheel Forest. Most hex editors have a search function, so to jump to a certain area, locate a specific Pokemon at a specific level by translating its National Dex number and level into hex using your hex-to-decimal calculator.

Venipede is #543, which is 21F in hex. Now bytes in a hex editor always appear in multiples of two, so 02 1F is the same thing as 21F. But Pokemon games take the last two digits and put them in front of the first two. So the game recognizes Venipede as 1F 02.
Level is the same thing. The number 15 is F in hex, which is the same thing as 0F. So searching for "1F 02 0F" will take you to Lv. 15 Venipede's location and ultimately, the location for every Pokemon in Pinwheel Forest.

Now you can replace Pokemon and change the levels by overwriting the bytes that are there with the bytes that represent the Pokemon and/or levels you want.

After that, just save everything, reinsert the narc in the correct place, and test out your changes!

Also, every 4 bytes is a Pokemon entry. The first two bytes is the National Dex number of the Pokemon and the last two are the levels that Pokemon can be found. Venipedes can be found at Level 15 and 16 in Pinwheel Forest so you'll find entries for both 1F 02 0F 0F and 1F 02 10 10 (10 is 16 in hex).

There are several different methods of encountering Pokemon (normal grass, dark grass, shaking grass etc.) Each method has a total of twelve Pokemon entries, even if there is only one or two Pokemon that can be found in that method. Pokemon entries in the beginning of the 12 slots of any encounter method will make them more common than entries near the end. You can see this happening in Chargestone Cave's location, where Joltik's entries occupy a lot of spaces in the beginning and Tynamo's entry occupies only a little space near the end. This makes Joltik far more common than Tynamo.

Anyways, hopefully, that will help more people. Feel free to make a more extensive guide in the Tutorial's section.

And someone PLEASE figure out how to edit B/W trainer sprites. It's easy enough to access them in Crystal Tile 2, but the problem lies in what numbers to input to get the sprites to line up correctly.

Can you please show me the hex codes for all Pokemon (like as you said, Venipede is 21F). Thanks cos I want to get started!

Kaphotics
April 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Can you please show me the hex codes for all Pokemon (like as you said, Venipede is 21F). Thanks cos I want to get started!

Convert the Pokedex # from decimal to hex.

ChimeraReiax
May 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Wonder when anyone will crack map data.

Seriously, map data has to be cracked SOMEhow...

andibad
May 22nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
Map is hard to understand because is script to control a pieces sprite to bring a some event is a route/town/ect, well is just fake maybe someone fast to crack the map

Joalsses
June 4th, 2011, 09:30 AM
hello!
so,I made some vocaloids overwords,theres a way to use em on the game?

armanr
January 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Title says it all. The narc for moves is a/0/2/1 but what about abilities?

Team Fail
June 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM
So I was looking at maps and I did this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wkp_T7DEk

Kaphotics
June 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Recently I've been figuring out how the game does scripts and I've gotten a bunch of good results.

a/0/5/7 contains the script files for a given map.

SYCTHahfzFA

The main limitation is knowing what each command does and how many parameters it has. Scripting in BW is really easy and editing the script file for the map is really nice due to the narc filesystem.

some script commands with some sense so far

0000 nop
0001 nop1
0002 --
000C XXXX XXXX
0012 xxxx
001A xxxx
001E XXXXXXXX
002F -
0030 - doinstant
0032 - waitbuttonthen
003C 0400 xxxx yyyy zzzz aaaa textA
003D 0400 xxxx yyyy zzzz textB
003E -
003F -
0046 xx xx
0049 textC
004C xx
0057 xx XXXX Text Variables
0085 xxxx xxxx zzzz start 1v# battle with ?logic?
0086 yyyy xxxx xxxx zzzz start 2v# battle with ?logic?
0098 xxxx PlayBGM
00BE mmmm xxxx yyyy ffff f2b mapchange nosound
00BF mmmm xxxx yyyy ffff spinwarp
00C0 soundless variable door warp
00C1 sandpit
00C2 mmmm xxxx yyyy ffff f2b mapchange with sound
00C3 goto union
00C4 instant change, bad
00C5 play surf anim
00C6 gooey push
00C7 play cut anim
0178 dddd ll wildencounter dex level

I've been posting this stuff and more over at ProjectPokemon; can't directly link due to my postcount limit here...
projectpokemon(dot)org/forums/showthread.php?23566

Team Fail
June 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
So just looking at B2W2 in Tinke, I see that the title screen theme is streamed.

Platinum Lucario
June 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
So just looking at B2W2 in Tinke, I see that the title screen theme is streamed.
Hm... thought so. Though there is something I've actually done with Black 2, which is changing the "Push Start Button" graphics into the official English "Press Start" by simply changing the 6-5.NCGR.l (file5 in Tinke) and 6-6.NCER (file6 in Tinke) with the ones from the official English of the first Black/White. The graphics for Black 2 and White 2 are in a/0/2/6, same location as the first Black/White.

And guess what? Success! Take a look:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8859/bv2pressstart.png