PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Generation: Which starter did you choose?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alli
September 20th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Obviously we've probably restarted a TON of times on these games, but your first time playing RSE and FRLG, who did you choose? I chose Torchic and Charmander, respectively. Gotta love Fire types! :)

Cherrim
September 20th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Torchic and Charmander too.

For odd numbered gens up to now, I've always ended up choosing Fire types. :'D I'm a little sad I'll be breaking said tradition for Gen 5 but oh well. The fire type was the only starter I liked in RSE and I love all the starters in FRLG but decided I like Charmander the most. ♥

Zebeedoo
September 20th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I chose Torchic and Bulbasaur as my starters first time playing RSE & FRLG. :3

M. Dent
September 20th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Treecko and Bulbasaur

Gotta love those Grass types :D

mal'akh
September 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Mudkip and Squirtle. Gotta love those Water Types. xD

Arc
September 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I got Torchic, and Squirtle.

Gotta love mixed~

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
September 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Mudkip and Bulbasaur (but I prefer Squirtle)

Aquacorde
September 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I chose Torchic and Charmander~

Fire FTW~ :3

Brunatix
September 20th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Charmander, Cyndaquil (HINOARASHI FTW) and Treecko....Sounds weird, he's a grass type but...Yeah, he's still awesome.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Torchic and Squirtle. And not just the first time, but every single time I've restarted them.

I found that those Pokemon's evolved forms work best for me, and I tend to stick with what I know.

And now I'm getting the urge to play through Leaf Green again...

Soul Hunter X
September 21st, 2010, 01:22 AM
Mudkip and Charmander...and I always (almost) choose 'em.

PlatinumDude
September 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM
In Sapphire and Emerald, I went with Mudkip. I tried Treecko and Torchic, but found them awkward to use.

In FireRed/LeafGreen, I went with Squirtle in LG and Charmander in FR.

chaos11011
September 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Ruby was my first Pokémon game and I remember I chose Torchic because what got me into the game was my God-Mother giving me a Torchic Plushie when she came and visited and in return my god-brother and I got Rub yand Saphire and I got Torchic because of that Plushie (he got Treeko plushie and started with Treeko)

Leaf Green was my second Pokémon game and what got me into the tradition of using Grass type Starters,because Bulbasaur caught my attention from the Anime,during the era of Ash and May using Bulbasaurs.And then I descovered Ivysaur and has been my Favorite Pokémon since.And later bought a Bulbasaur Plushie after Lt.Surge

TL;DR Torchic for Ruby,Bulbasaur for Leaf Green

(I still have both Plushies <3)

curiousnathan
September 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
I chose Charmander and Treeko.

Dark Pulse94
September 22nd, 2010, 12:43 AM
I started by choosing Torchic, then Charmander, but in my newest restart (my Nuzlocke Challenge) I chose Mudkip. I heard you liek? no, seriously, I nicknamed it "you liek"

Martins
September 22nd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Charmander in FireRed and LeafGreen and Treeko in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I always choose them.

Xilfer
September 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Aaaaaah i remember the good old days, i chose torchic the first time i played r/s/e but i chose treecko the second time, i love'em both.
as for fr/lg,...i really cant remember, i think it was charmander, FIRE RULZ!!!!!! :D

Alamos
September 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Ahh, the memories lets take it back.............

FireRed: Charmander (Respectively)
Emerald: Mudkip

Pancake86
September 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I chose Treecko when I started Ruby for the very first time and Squirtle in Fire Red (I forgot Sapphire and Leaf Green though). Of course, i've restarted these games a million times. x_x But that's what I remember.

Sgt_Grovyle
September 24th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Bulbasaur in Fire Red and Mudkip in Sapphire. I beat Sapphire in like a day but FR took me forever.

Kayuu
September 24th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I chose Mudkip in Sapphire and Charmander in Leaf Green.
Mudkip will always be my favourite starter since Sapphire was my first game. :D

Peach Fresca
September 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Ruby - Treeko(SP?).
Leafgreen - Bulbasaur.
Emerald - Mudkip.
Emerald [Second Time Around] - Torchic.

Cassino
September 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Torchic and Charmander... Until gen. 5, I've never liked any grass starters much, and the only Water Pokemon I ever make a point of getting is Azumaril (or Starmie in gen. 1). In FR I abandoned my starter once I got Elyssa's Farfetch'd.

Owl
September 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Same for me.
Torchic and Charmander.

paramore_223
September 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM
My first pokemon game was firered when I was seven.I got A female charmander as my starter.She is now A charizard at Lv.100, Ive had her for six years now!And im never gonna trade her! EVER!

I got sapphire a few months later and chose mudkip, dont no what happened to him though. :/

Purple Materia
September 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Torchic and Squirtle. Blaziken is awesome, but Blastoise is AMAZING.

AntiZero
September 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
In Sapphire: Mudkip. Who doesn't liek mudkipz?

In Fire Red: Squirtle. My personal favorite out of the Hoenn/Kanto starters. :)

Massacre.
September 27th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I picked Torchic, and Charmander. (I AIN'T RACIST)

chickenofunity
September 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM
In fire red, I picked Bublasuar, but next time I play I plan to choose Charmander, becuase I love it so.
I also picked Mudkip on Sapphire, but my love has since turned to torchic. Go chicken.

Timbjerr
September 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Treecko in Sapphire, because Sceptile is the sexiest grass-type pokemon ever and don't let any cherrim-obsessed admin tell you any differently. XD

Reddo
October 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
I've chosen Mudkip in Pokémon Ruby... It's one of my favorite pokémon, and its types are good against Team Magma.

The Garchomper
October 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Sapphire: Trecko
Ruby: mudkip
FireRed: squirtle
LeafGreen: charmander
Emerald: torchic

©ereal Killer
October 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Charmander in my FireRed, Mudkip for Ruby and Treecko for Sapphire.

girliehhhhhh
October 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Charmander and Treecko, in my opinion, they are the unique ones.

Kevin
October 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I chose Mudkip in Hoenn... =]
And in Kanto I chose Bulbasaur. xD

JessiexJackknife
October 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Charmander and Mudkip. Duh (: Lol.

Lateon
October 5th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Torchic and Hoenn, because I liked how it looked. By the time I got LG, I knew Charizard pwnd, so naturally I picked Squirtle.

Erin
October 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Emerald: Mudkip
FireRed: Bulbasaur

However, neither Swampert nor Venusaur ever seem to make it into my "final" teams.

tobi-ksla
October 6th, 2010, 06:28 PM
For me, I chose Mudkip in both Sapphire and Emerald. I have a preference for Water Starters, which started since Blue and Red.

Speaking of Red, Squirtle was my FireRed Starter. You can thank the fact that I had Squirtle back in Red and Blue.

bwburke94
October 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Torchic and probably Bulbasaur.

Idiot!
October 9th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Insert random filler here.

Stratos99
October 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I went with Treecko and Charizard. For some reason when I started gen3 I knew next to nothing about Treecko and everything about Torchic and Mudkip when it came to evolution so I was curious as to what Treecko's looked like. Not to mention he looked pretty great himself. Charmander was just the obvious pick for me, as I look at Charizard as the champion of gen1.

ScentedLove
October 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
In sapphire I picked Torchic because its my favorite out of the three starters
In Firered it was actually pretty funny because I wanted to pick squirtle but I picked charmander instead and I was so sad but when I send it out to battle it was a shiny which was luck I guess? I still have that charizard in my pokemon box on pokemon Soulsilver somewhere.

Weavile05
October 10th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I've used all three Hoenn starters, and so far I like Mudkip the best, seriously, I don't know what all the hate on him is for. Treecko is pretty good too. He starts out Great, then starts to lose value, then gets good again with Leaf Blade. Torchic is alot like Treecko, Starts out awesome, then starts to lose value, due to weak moves like peck, and ember. However, Mudkip is good for taking out ALOT of gyms. Rock, Electric (or atleast, Marshtomp is anyway), Fire, and in Ruby and Sapphire he has an advantage against most of Steven's Pokemon. So yeah, Mudkip is really good.

espenn
October 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Blaziken and Venusaur. Uh yeh!

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
October 15th, 2010, 02:42 PM
RBE: Mudkip. Nothing is more comforting than reaching the late game with a starter that can learn Earthquake, Surf, and Ice Beam. Many, many more uses than the others.

FRLG: Bulbasaur. People say it's only good for the first couple of gyms and it sucks against the last few, but I disagree. By the time you get to them, you have the resources available to deal with them via other means.

AshPikastar
October 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I picked Mudkip and Bulbasaur for my starters.

Amore
October 17th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Torchic and Charmander xD

Torchic because I saw it in a clip of the anime, Charmander because I wanted FireRed, but could only find LeafGreen (this was 2008, though), and thought Charizard looked cooler.

tkallab
October 17th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I've had 'em all. The ones I remember best are Squirtle (level 100 Blastoise now) and Mudkip. So yeah, Water sticks around the longest.

bOxieLiciOus
October 19th, 2010, 12:52 AM
i chose bulbasaur and treecko. gotta love grass types~ totally; awesome.. :>

HaloSonic
October 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
the first time i aver played Sapphire (In japanese) i picked Treecko, but i didn't play that far. the one time i made it far then, was with Torchic, and in English, I only choose Torchic, and get the other starters later.
Firered/Leafgreen was a bit more complex, since the /johto legendary is based on the starter, I picked Charmander at first, then i went with bulbasaur and got the other 2 later.

★Pikachu★™
October 19th, 2010, 01:43 PM
For Ruby and Emerald I picked Treeko, cause he looks awesome, and grass types are cool.

For Fire-red I picked Charmander, because I really liked him.

Dooonerz
October 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
For Emerald I picked Treecko <3
And for FR I picked Squirtle xD (that thing is a beast)

mildenze
October 19th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I chose Chikorita and Totodile as mu starters.. coz they both have cool evolutions.. :)

WinterSong
October 24th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Treecko and Charmander. Just because Treecko's cool and Charmander is adorable.

Brendino
October 24th, 2010, 11:32 PM
When I first played Sapphire I picked Treecko, just because I had never started with a grass-type before. On Fire Red, I chose Charmander, just like I did in Red.

Syvelocin
October 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I always pick Bulbasaur in my FireRed game. I wub him!
The first time with Sapphire, I chose Torchic I believe (that was seven years ago...) I never chose Treeko, I hate the thing. I've alternated between Torchic and Mudkip, and my current Emerald game I restarted I chose Mudkip. I like him better.

Yoshikachu
October 27th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Treecko and Bulbasaur

Gotta love those Grass types :D
Agreed, Grass types are always the least used out of the starters but Sceptile's my all time favourite pokemon :D

Asrodrig
October 27th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I picked Skipper (Mudkip) and Fuego (Charmander).

Agent Clank
October 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Torchic and Charmander.

I love fire types :D

femtrooper
October 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I always choose the grass-types, so Bulbasaur was obvious for me, but in the RSE series, I chose Mudkip. Just liked him better! But yeah, in every other game, it's been grass-types!

Mortalis
October 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Ruby: Torchic. Fire-types are <3
Emerald: Treecko. Love that grass starter.

LeafGreen: Charmander. :]

Amore
October 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Emerald: Torchic
LeafGreen: Charmander

I use them all now...well, actually I haven't used a Squirtle yet....I might do that.

ManhattanTheStarr
October 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sapphire: Mudkip (I reaaaally don't know why... It's probably my least favorite of the Gen 3 starters =/)

LeafGreen: Squirtle (Oh, I adore Squirtle. My favorite of aaall the starters :3)

Zaroas
October 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
When I first played Ruby, I chose Swampert as my starter because all of the other ones seemed weak to me at the time (I was a young age, so...). He actually turned out to be really good, and I grinded him up to Lv.100 by the time I got to Steven.

In LeafGreen, a couple months after beating Ruby, I chose Bulbasaur because it was like my favorite Pokemon at the time. I grinded him up to Lv.100 once more, but even then I couldn't beat the Elite Four... >_<

Wehn I got my hands on Sapphire, I was a bit smarter. I chose Torchic this time for a fresh experience, and did well.

Then I got FireRed. I hated how I could not beat the E4 in LeafGreen, so my instict told me to go for Squirtle because of how well Swampert had done. Good choice for me. I beat the game with him and an Articuno.

And of course, I finally got Emerald. Looking for a new and fresh experience, I chose Treeko. Bad choice. I was stuck on Flannery for a while and I'm still trying to beat Steven. Oh well.

Overall, water starters sit well with me.

Mokonist
October 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Treecko in my first play of Sapphire. But i hated when he evolved to Sceptile, he is so... horrible ):

Necrø
October 29th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I always choose Treeko for some reason ?

KKN
October 29th, 2010, 05:24 AM
In Ruby and Emerald, I chose Treecko. In Sapphire, I think I had chosen Mudkip. On FireRed, I chose Charmander. On LeafGreen, I chose Squirtle.

tolanator
October 30th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I got the torchic in Saphire and charmander in LG

Rucario
October 30th, 2010, 07:19 AM
In Ruby I chose Torchic, in Emerald I chose Mudkip, in Sapphire I chose Treecko. In FireRed I chose Charmander, in Leaf Green I chose Squirtle.

Ernest
November 3rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Definitely Charmender, it's the best choice because flame is cooler than leaf or water. LOL. Although it's hard to battle with Brock, I think once you strength up Charmender, you can win the match. Besides that, once it involves into Charlizard, it could be the best in your pocket.

FilbertTheFox
November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Starting over on my FireRed and i'm choosing Charmander ;D

CHAR! xD

Shelldershucker
November 3rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Pokemon Ruby or Emerald= Usually Torchic

Pokemon Fire Red = Either Squirtle or Charmander
Now, I know Bulbasaur has the type advantage against Brock and Misty...but
1. I am not very fond of grass types and
2. I think it's pretty freaking pathetic that vine whip...a staple grass type move...only has 10 PP, while Ember and Water Gun have 25 PP

Elder Trainer
November 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
The first time I played Ruby, I chose Torchic....overall he's my favorite of the three. I can't remember who I chose for my first playthrough of LG, but in my most recent one I chose Squirtle. And in FR, I chose Charmander.

Phury
November 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
For me it was Bulbasaur and Mudkip :3

Kind of related, it made me laugh.. i have never ever chosen Charmander in any of my playthroughs, so i named a Chiptune song i composed ( uses the Pokemon intro melody ) after it. ( Called 'I never Chose Charmander' )

Useless info, i know... but the song's on my Youtube channel (link in sig).

crystal286
November 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
i chose squirtle and treecko. though my favorite type is fire types.

Skylands
November 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
FireRed: Squirtle, because it makes going through the game alot easier.
Emerald: Treecko for its smugness.

Jabberwocky
November 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1lFzJUJjJZiU5LP2HVWL8Pd84cNjawkWAp1Awm7nEplGKt44&t=1&usg=__DSeV3Wrmv3i3Dc7THVnp9NAEnnw=
(Memes had nothing to do with this I swear)

Swampert is inarguably one of the best fully evolved starters. So yeah. Mudkip FTW.

Edd84
November 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Blaziken and Blastoise.

Blastoise is one of my all time favorites

Blaziken....well I hate the other two more >: (

Feibizen
November 5th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Treecko and Charmander. Both awesome Pokémon.

72pokemonmaniac27
November 5th, 2010, 08:31 AM
On R/S/E i picked Mudkip:) and on FR/LG i picked either Charmander or Squirtle I can't remember exactly haha :)

Lil'QD
November 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Torchic and Squrtle,gotta love mixed

ZH11000
November 8th, 2010, 10:58 PM
When i first got ruby i chose Treecko because someone said that that one was the best -.- for leaf green i chose balbasaur.

sfalpharyu
November 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I picked Torchic and Squirtel. The second time played FR it was charmander

iDuL
November 13th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Ever since day one, I've always chosen the water starter Pokemon first.

Except in Diamond, I chose Chimchar :3

Sabrewulf238
November 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM
The first time I ever played I choose Torchic (That was on Pokemon Sapphire)

Then on Pokemon Ruby I choose Treecko...

Then finally when I migrated most of my pokemon ruby pokemon I restarted with Mudkip.

Gundisalvus Kuno
November 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM
For emerald, I took Treeko. I usually start off a generation by taking the grass starter. As for FRLG, the first time I played I used Squirtle

detective1412
November 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
mudkip n bulbasaur
i love grass type pokemon
:D

Yuoaman
November 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I went with Mudkip the first time around, though in almost all subsequent playthroughs I've gone with Treecko - that guy is just badass as hell.

And Charmander - for the same reason as Treecko.

Forever
November 14th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Pretty sure... I picked Charmander and Torchic because I love Fire types~

bubblewrap
November 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Torchic and Charmander. Honestly I didn't really like any of the 3rd gen starters, but I just chose Torchic because I was excited that it was a chick Pokemon.

Shadow Ball
November 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Torchic and Charmander. My fire typed starters have never failed me. :]

Ace Trainer Jessie
November 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
For RSE I always picked Mudkip (even after having some problems with him). I've used all three but I find Swampert's typing and immunity to Electricity epic.

Really all three Hoenn starters are tied here, I really like them all :/

When is comes to FRLG, I always pick Charmander.

QuilavaZ
November 19th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Charmander and Treeko. I'm gonna do the same in HeartGold.

dragoniteuser
November 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
If I recall corectly, it was Charmander in FRLG (gotta love that Charizard!), and Mudkip in SRE(everivonz luuurve Mudkpiz)!

Haberdasher
November 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I chose Treecko and Bulbasaur, IIRC. I used to be a huge fan of Grass-type starters. Now, not so much.

Binary
November 19th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Charmander in Firered (FR was the first one I bought). I normally choose the Fire type Starter, but I chose Mudkip in Ruby. I just leiked mudkipz, I suppose.

Purple Materia
November 19th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Squirtle and Torchic. They both evolve into my favourites from their generations.

AmayaTakahashi
November 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM
On FR I chose Charmander, but on LG I chose Bulbasaur. And on RSE I chose Pokemon types respectively linked to the box. I didn't even do it on purpose, but it's like a habit for my games.

Shiny Gardevoir
November 20th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Charmander and Torchic if I remember correctly...

Rossay
November 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Mudkip and Squirtle. Mudkip is such a pro meme and is adorable and I also have a thing for wartortle.

Weavile05
November 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
My only successful run of Sapphire so far I've picked Mudkip.

XBA
November 27th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I've completed Sapphire 2-3 times, and every time, I use Treecko.

My friend says I'm a sucker for the grass type.

Axeliira
November 27th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Torchic for me in Ruby & Sapphire. Squirtle in FireRed/LeafGreen. I used to choose Bulbasaur but I'm better off with Squirtle.

Enigma
November 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Always choose the fire type starter, so Torchic and Charmander.

iRyu
November 27th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Fire starter always (except for Isshu)

Aerosignus
December 3rd, 2010, 12:15 AM
I usually chose the fire type. No matter what version it was.

DrFuji
December 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
I usually start with the grass starters, especially if it is the first time I'm playing a new generation of games.

Treecko and Bulbasaur of me ~<3

scrotum
December 4th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Charmander Cyndaquil Torchic :P

Perrie ✿
December 4th, 2010, 05:15 AM
When I first got the game I choose Bulbasaur & Mudkip, now since I like them all, I'll just close my eye's and choose :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Pokemon RSE I choose Mudkip for all three because I enjoy water type Pokemon a lot
Pokemon FRLG In FireRed I picked Charmander because it's a Fire type and this is FireRed and in LeafGreen, I picked Bulbasuar because its a grass type and this is LeafGreen

:t354:TG

NekoNekoChan
December 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I chose Bulbasaur for FRLG and Treecko for RSE, I think grass types rock! <3

BlazikenXD
December 9th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I picked Torchic because it evolves into one of my favourte pokemon, Blaziken.

BenjiTheKid
December 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I, also, picked Torchic and Charmander. I've always loved fire types. And Torchic was cute.

BabyTsujin
December 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
i always choose fire so torchi. FIRE rules

BLK
December 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
i always choose the water pokemon no mater what the game

Itz Spadezz
December 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
For FR/LG I picked charmander. For RSE I picked a treecko.

L5Animations
December 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I don't remember for Emerald, it was either Torchic or Treecko, but LG was Charmander.

BLK
December 11th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I chose torchic in ruby, mudkip in sapphire, Treeko in emerald, and squrtile in fire red and leaf green. This was the generation i started with and i still have all of them in HG

WildGamerAppeared
December 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I chose Mudkip and Bulbasaur, my two favourite pokemon.

Go!Firetail!
December 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Not got RSE but I started playing FR again today and chose Charmander, nicknamed the cute guy Firetail (:

KnightKGR
December 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM
My first was Charmander, chikorita and torchic. Now I choose fire for HG/SS too.

Joelteon1
December 21st, 2010, 09:59 AM
First time through on Ruby, I picked Torchic, but Treecko is my favorite Gen 3 starter. For LeafGreen I picked Squirtle.

Aoi~♥!
December 22nd, 2010, 01:48 AM
Squirtle and Mudkip, Water-types are my favorites. <3; And besides their skills/stats are pretty impressive.

Otherworld9)
December 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
I picked Charmander, since when he evolves to Charizard, he permanently shuts down the ground weakness except for one that slipped off my mind while writing this, but for the other generation I choose Mudkip entirely. I mean, Mudkip evolves to a powerful pokemon, unless you hate his weakness for grass, which hurts when he gets them. Torchic is very good too, especially in his third evolution. Torchic would be my second choice after Mudkip.

Wingedkuri
December 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
In Firered/Leafgreen, I usually always choose Bulbasaur. (Refuse to evolve the cute lil' guy) In Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire, my favorite would probably be Torchic, but I switch around starters sometimes.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
December 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
In RSE I always choose Treecko. In FR/LG I switch it around. I haven't had Bulbasaur yet, so far though

T!M
December 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
For some reason most of the starting gyms for most of the games (R/S, D/P/Pl, R/B/Y/Fr/Lg) was a Rock Type, so generally I started with Water Poke'mon. And then for like Silver and Gold, it just became a habit. So: Squirtle, Totadile, Mudkip and Piplup.

Weavile05
December 26th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I hate Blastoise and Piplup families. Never used Charizard or Venusaur much before, but both of those sound quite appealing. Mudkip and Totodile families FTW! My most successful run of Sapphire so far used a Mudkip (which never learned EQ before the E4) and my SS has Feraligatr as my Second highest pokemon AS WE SPEAK! (or...type?)

itsangelduh
December 27th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Torchic and Charmander! Woo!

Kip
December 27th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Ruby I went for Mudkip - to be honest this was before it became my favourite, because I wasn't too familiar or friendly with Gen III Pokémon at the time. But now I love it! ^^ I recently started a game of Emerald and chose it again.

FireRed I always go for Charmander, because Charizard is just the definition of awesome. Though weirdly on my very first Pokémon game (the original Red) I went for Squirtle. :/ Not sure what I was thinking then... then again, it was 11 years ago...

Giraffe
December 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I mainly go with the Grass types.
I chose Treecko in Sapphire/Emerald, and Bulbasaur in Fire Red.

DREAMZ
December 27th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ive played sapphire a lot, and I started a new game a lot too. I always picked a another starter. I think the starters of this generation are so good, that its hard to choose! I can remember the first starter I picked at this game, and it was treecko. :)

氏 マイケル
December 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I remember playing these games from a long time ago... I chose Treecko, in all three games, Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald, and then in FireRed and LeafGreen versions I chose Squirtle. I am very happy I chose these starters, because I work with Grass and Water Pokemon best.

Bellacrose
December 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I always chose and choose mudkip and squirtle o3o~ I love mudkips typing, not just cause of the "lul so i herd u liek mudkipz" thing. But a ground water type is an interesting combination! Squirtle was always my trusty sidekick. I remember catching Mewtwo with my Blastoise in one of the older games by spamming Ice beam and he went down to one health and froze.. Ever since then I've been a water starter person xD

Jonī
December 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
In FRLG I picked Bulbasaur while in RSE I picked Mudkip. A general fan of Water and Grass types, really dislike Fire types

Akihara
December 29th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Charmander and Torchic. I like fire types, plus those two are cute. Also, their evolved forms are awesome.

Equalizer
December 29th, 2010, 03:11 PM
For Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I went with Treecko mainly because he looked cooler and better than Mudkip and Torchic. It occured to me that not only was his looks more superior than the other 2 starters but his overall stats were spot on. Then Sceptile came along and although he looks like an overgrown frog, he still was the best.

For Fire Red, I went with Charmander. Not only is Charmander's 3rd evolve form is on the box it comes with but it was my favorite 1st gen starter. Charizard was my powerhouse and wiped the E4 clean in some areas. Mewtwo just killed those type-matchups that Charizard was allergic to.

Edit:
Going to start over and snatch the 3 RSE starters for my platinum for migration. Going to take a while. I'll be having 2 Anoriths and 1 Lileep with me as well :D

UltimaSilva
December 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I believe the first time around I chose Charmander and Treecko.

AMZMA
December 30th, 2010, 11:48 PM
FR = Squirtle
E = Mudkip
coz, water is most important in my life and your life too.
go water go
Thirsty ?

GlitchCity
January 1st, 2011, 11:59 PM
For Leafgreen: Charizard, and for Firered: Venusaur
........I just lol'd because I just noticed it xD

And as for Sapphire and Emerald; it varies on my mood, I have a really, really hard time choosing. Its usually between torchic and treecko.

draco256
January 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
Charmander i love Charizard!

SoaringSomeone
January 2nd, 2011, 01:17 AM
I essentially choose the fire type starter for every game since there are less fire types than water and grass types, and you don't tend to meet them until later in the game.

ナギ
January 2nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
ive always used Torchic in my Sapphire game.. except for the.. second time. i used mudkip then. XD;
but i tend to restart pokémon games quite often, and picked Torchic again always.

for Leafgreen i pick Squirtle. but thats cause its my all-time favourite kanto starter, and i just love Wartortle. XD;

FroggyKisses
January 2nd, 2011, 07:33 AM
I picked Bulbasaur, Not because I love grass types because when the first time I saw this Poke, I've fallen in love with it, there's something special in it that makes me really want it so I chose it. ^-^;

King Gumball
January 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Sapphire: Torchic

Fire Red: Bulbasaur

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 6th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Emerald: Torchic initially, but after I got a Blaziken I restarted and picked Treecko :D

LeafGreen: Charmander :D

Pokémon Grey
January 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM
FR/LG: Blastoise
Emerald: Blaziken cuz all fire types in Hoenn suck (except Blaziken & Ninetales)
XD

Qusic
January 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I picked Treecko first in Sapphire. He just looked the coolset to me. I totally sucked with him, restarted the game, and choose Torchic. I ended up liking Torchic a lot better. I never did pick Mudkip, now that I think about it...

BonzaiMudkip
January 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I've always picked mudkip in Sapphire. I haven't picked the other 2 at all when i start new games, but i eventually get myself the other 2 once trading became available (transfered a torchic and a treeko to my brother's ruby then traded them to my sapphire when i started another new game in it)

Same thing with Leaf Green, though here i picked bulbasaur.

New2
January 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I picked Squirtle in FR/LG and Torchic in Sapphire. I really wanted to get a Mudkip afterward, so my Emerald had my Mudkip on it.

ShaQuL
January 9th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Squirtle and Mudkip :) Water rules!

Mew~
January 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I chose Treecko in Ruby, Charmander in FR and Mudkip in emerald.

Sara Yamamoto
January 13th, 2011, 08:18 AM
In R/S/E: Torchic
In FR/LG: Bulbasaur

Kaori
January 14th, 2011, 04:43 AM
One day out of boredom I decided to pick up my old GBA games and spend a little bit of time playing them. Turns out after I would believe 2 years, I still have my full teams in Sapphire, Emerald and LeafGreen.

For Sapphire I had chosen my favorite starter out of the Hoenn region which would be Torchic. :3 As for Emerald I chose Mudkip and iirc, I picked him for the main reason of taking on the Battle Frontier. As for LeafGreen I chose Charmander, since he's my favorite Kanto starter out of the three.

It felt so good picking up those games after a long while haha, but those are the starters I had chose in the three games long before.

shinyabsol1
January 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Charmander and Treeko. My two favorites.

DNZGames
January 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Whichever colour the game was - LeafGreen and Emerald = Grass ; FireRed and Ruby = Fire ; Sapphire = Water. Sadly, I did not acquire a Squirtle :(... Until SoulSilver.

Arkywhitegirl
January 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Mudkip and Squirtle gotta love water pokemen.

Sert908
January 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I chose Torchic for RSE and Bulbasaur for FRLG.

iCoffee~♥
January 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ever since day one, I've always chosen the water starter Pokemon first.

Except in Diamond, I chose Chimchar :3

Regeneration
January 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I don't remember which starter I chose while playing R/S. I've completed Emerald with all the three starters, I chose Treeko first, then Mudkip and finally Torchic.
I don't remember my starters on FR/LG either. o.o'

NightOfRemorse
January 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
When I first started Ruby, I chose Treecko. She was my first level 100, and she's now a Sceptile and in my Diamond. On FireRed, I chose Charmander. I evolved him into Charizard raised him to about level 80-90, but being a curious kid, I used action replay on my game to see what I could do. All my Pokemon turned into bad eggs, hahaha, I was so stupid. Oh well.

invix345
January 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM
like tough looking pokemon mudkip and Charmander, was my frist from red.

Kokowood
January 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the Gen III starters. I usually pick Treecko though, if only because I like Grass types over Fire and Water types.

In FR/LG I went with Bulbasaur at first. I figured I'd run my first run of the remake with a remake of my original team and see how it varied. Bulbasaur still stands as the best starter in my book.

Symbiosis
January 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
In Emerald i choose torchic.
In Firered i choose charmander.

sab
January 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Bulbasaur and sceptile. I've never reseted my emerald or ruby, but my save got corrupted twice on fire red... weird.

KitKat13
January 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I choose Bulbasaur and Treecko, It's not that I love Grass types, I find them unique.

NejiForce
January 28th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Hydropi=Best Starter(except Chealst <3)
I´m groundtrainer so I liked Sumpex really (and Hydropy is bloody cute!)

MysticFlygon
January 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
My first time around in Sapphire I went with Mudkip and it got me through the first eight badges easily but it failed at the elite four.

WaterSplash
January 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I went with:

Ruby: Chichic (Torchic, now Blaziken)
Leaf Green: 1st run - SQUIRT (Squirtle, now Blastoise); 2nd run - Bulbasaur (traded for a Pikachu early on for a "Yellowesque" feel.
Sapphire: OCEAN (Mudkip, now Swampert)

Also, Water types rule. :)

hatake_kakashi
January 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
i choose squirtle and torchic as my starter. :) squirtle is just awesome, and i have been selecting it as a starter ever since. Torchic on the other hand, i simply find it powerful.

Raichupacabra
January 28th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mudkip - it was blue. I am a boy. I was young.
Charmander - It was just that i wanted charizard cuz i watched anime.

Backup
January 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM
In Sapphire Version, I chose Torchic because I found it unbelievably cuteeeee ;D

In Leafgreen Version, I chose Bulbasaur because too many people choose Charmander, but I didn't really like Squirtle. =/

DefiningTheDecade
January 28th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Originally I always picked Treecko and Charmander.. but now I'm all fire type

Fire=destruction=Torchic/Charmander

Pokemon Master Derrville
January 29th, 2011, 12:22 AM
LeafGreen Bulbasaur mostly because thats who I used in Red when I was younger.

Emerald... I am not real familiar with the Hoenn Pokes so I did a little research first and found out Mudkip had the highest stats in their final evolution so for the first time EVER I went with a Water Pokemon.

Haowakeorden
January 29th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Treecko in Emerald, and Charmander in FireRed. Unfortunately I was borrowing the games from a friend, so I wanted but couldn't transfer them to my Generation IV games.

Pika-power
January 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Charmander in fire red, treecko in sapphire, and mudkip in ruby

Ryden
January 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM
First time for RSE would of been Mudkip, but since then I'm more pron to choosing Treeko
As for FRLG...I think it was Charmander

Dulcet
February 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
I chose Torchic in Ruby because it's adorable little face captured my heart. c:
In FR I chose Charmander because I thought having a Charizard would be awesome, but the second time around I chose Squirtle and ended up liking it better.

SquirtleGirl
February 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I tried Torchic and Treecko in Sapphire but I didn't like them. I chose Mudkip this time but I'm not using it because I'm doing a random Pokémon challenge but I might Pal Park it over to HG :D

My only playthrough of LeafGreen [borrowed it from a friend] I chose Charmander :)

amberfunk
February 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Bulbasaur for fire red(might have been leaf green) and I still haven't played through the entire game yet.
I'm almost positive that I choose mudkip for sapphire. He's adorable:)

TehPsychicTypeMaster
February 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
For LeafGreen, I chose Squirtle, Ruby/Sapphire, I chose Treecko/Torchic, Emerald, I chose Mudkip.

CriticalFlygon
February 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
During my first playthrough of Sapphire I choose torchic on my second I choose mudkip.

Tanooki
February 10th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hmm, lemme see...

Ruby: Torchic
Fire Red: Charmander

Notice the trend here? Yeah, I always go for the Fire-type. It's just this weird, nostalgic ritual of mine to always choose the Fire starter, namely because Charmander was the first one I picked, dating all the way back to the good ol' days of Blue version.

If it weren't for that, I might have gone with Treecko, 'cause I thought it looked cool. But nay, nostalgia still won that battle.

vaporeon7
February 10th, 2011, 03:26 AM
If I recall I chose Treecko in Ruby and Emerald and Bulbasaur in LeafGreen.

Kaori
February 10th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Torchic being my favorite out of the three Hoenn starters, I chose it for Sapphire while with Emerald I chose my next favorite, Mudkip. :P This was a long while ago, and I'm surprised I still have them both; just fully evolved.

For LeafGreen I chose Charmander out of all three starters in the Kanto region. I found this a harder decision seeing as all three are pretty much equal in favoritism for me. :(

Blue
February 10th, 2011, 04:26 AM
I chose, Squirtle & Torchic, got Blastoise to Level 100 on LG, and Blaziken to 87 on Sapphire.

Guy
February 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
First play through I went with Torchic and Bulbasaur.

I didn't like Treecko that much when I first saw it, but I gotta say, if I were to restart on my Ruby version right now, Treecko is the chip I'll be choosing. At the same time, while I like all the Kanto starters, since then, I've turned out to be more of a Squirtle kind of guy.

Ayselipera
February 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I picked Torchic first and then used it for months afterwards every time I restarted, that's how I loved it. So I don't remember even getting to use the other two starters till way after the game was first released. Which my second choice was then Treecko which I also loved and last, but not least I used Mudkip. I never really liked Mudkip that much so I know I didn't even bother getting around to using one until almost a year after the games were released. It's Swampert that makes it so unlikeable. D:

Then for FR/LG I ended up getting a Charmander because I never really got to use one before besides in Yellow, but I was horrible back then. So it was a moment of redemption. :D I'm pretty sure my second choice was Bulbasaur. Which back then I liked Bulbasaur and Squirtle equally so it was kind of a random pick between the two. Then of course I used Squirtle last.

I'm not sure how those two ended up going in the same type order, but whatever. xD

-Cygnus-
February 11th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I end up using all of the starters almost equally. Unfourtunately, this means I get bored of em pretty fast haha. If I remember right, I did Treecko for my first Ruby playthrough (still my fav for gen III), and squirtle for LG? Maybe it was Bulbasaur... All I know is that I'm sick of Blastoise. Once I finish LG, I'll start again with Bulbasaur. I've never liked the fire types, and i seem kinda alone in this haha.

hazard master
February 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM
My first ever game was ruby, so I didn't know what I was doing, picked Treeko cuz he looked cool. Then I got stuck on winona and had to restart XD. Then I picked tochic and basically solo ran the entire game with Blaziken. For fire red I choose charmander because torchic got me into fire Types.

Absola
February 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM
For LeafGreen, I chose Squirtle, Ruby/Sapphire, I chose Treecko/Torchic, Emerald, I chose Mudkip.

Same here, except I own FireRed :3

Mainkai
February 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I've chosen Mudkip every time I've played through Emerald (and believe me, I have done so several times), it's the only Hoenn starter I like at all. As for LeafGreen, I chose Bulbasaur for my first playthrough, and Squirtle for the second. I'm not a big a fan of Charizard, and Ninetales is my favourite Pokémon, so I usually save a spot for the latter if it's available in the game.

VarimathraS
February 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
The fire starters, Torchic and Charmander.

Dartht33bagger
February 18th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Obviously we've probably restarted a TON of times on these games.

LOL, try 1 play through for R/S and I only got through 5 badges on FR.

Anyways, for R/S I picked the fire dude and for FR I choose Charamander.

GirlieNinjaRose
February 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I usually start with grass types too, I think everytime there would be a new generation grass types owns them all. Much like Snivy, Treecko, Bulbasaur, Chikorita.

Sabrewulf238
February 19th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I just restarted Ruby and picked Torchic. I figured a restart was in order since my importing of pokemon to soul silver left me with a lone Staryu in my team. :p

Torchic was the first Hoenn starter I picked in Sapphire (got sapphire before Ruby)

MasterTobias
February 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Obviously we've probably restarted a TON of times on these games, but your first time playing RSE and FRLG, who did you choose? I chose Torchic and Charmander, respectively. Gotta love Fire types! :)

I went with Squirtle (which I then continued to nick "Lary" and leveled up to level 100 by Giovanni's last battle) and Treecko (man, that Sceptile was beastly!)

gloria9mathews
February 22nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
I love ice pokemon type such as Lapras, Articuno and all..
They are really very cool..

Multigen
February 22nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
On all games, I do the Grass starter first, then pick the Water type for all other runs. Well, I guess fire red was an exception.... I hated Bulbasaur way back when, the first time I ever played it. I just went straight to Squirtle. :)

Blaziken15
February 22nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
In R/S/E, I chose Torchic because I like fire types. I then learned that evolved into a fighting type which was and still is my favorite type. It also evolves into my favorite Pokemon, Blaziken!

In FR/LG, I started with Bulbasaur because Grass and Poison is an epic combo.

PiPVoda
February 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Mudkip, of course. the ohters are okay, but I found that swampert was probably the best of the final evos. Never had any problems beating any trainer with it.

Pika-power
February 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Charmander in leafGreen, Squirtle in firered, and Mudkip in ruby.

TrilbyMenetti
February 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I started with Mudkip in Sapphire, because I loved the look of it and Charmander in FireRed, which looking back was odd, considering I started off with Bulbasaur in Red.

SonicTH
February 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Bulbasaur in LeafGreen (he is one of my fav Pokemon) and Torchic in Sapphire.

Heart Gold
February 26th, 2011, 01:11 PM
In Emerald I chose Treecko and in Firered I chose Charmander.

レイジングブラスト
February 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM
-In Leaf Green I picked Charmander
-In Sapphire I picked Mudkip
-In Ruby I picked Treeko
-And in Emerald I picked Treeko again

Raba
February 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Most of the time, in Pokemon games, I usually pick the starter that I felt like picking when I saw the episodes. Like in R/S/E I watched a few of the episodes and decided on Treecko because of how cool he looked/the design.
Also he had a tough guy look with his toothpick/stick.

Syvelocin
February 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
FireRed, chose Bulbasaur
My first playthrough of Sapphire, Torchic.
I now always choose Mudkip on Emerald. He's just too adorable.

HinaBaby
February 28th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I always choose the grass types, aren't they somewhat epic?

moraq06
February 28th, 2011, 07:55 AM
squirtle and mudkip
my favorite! XD

Sully
March 1st, 2011, 05:08 AM
I believe the first time I played through RSE I chose Mudkip (I love Swampert).
And the first time I played through FRLG I chose Charmander. (:

Cheyron
March 1st, 2011, 06:16 AM
I chose a different one each time I played.

Well, that's until I discovered you could begin a game, trade it via cable and when you have the last one, trade the other two back.

Such an genius idea. Haha.

Superjub
March 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Torchic and Charmander too.

For odd numbered gens up to now, I've always ended up choosing Fire types. :'D I'm a little sad I'll be breaking said tradition for Gen 5 but oh well. The fire type was the only starter I liked in RSE and I love all the starters in FRLG but decided I like Charmander the most. ♥

The same for me. ^^ The only time I choose the other starters is to trade to my main game (usually Emerald), but other than that, I always choose Torchic. Blaziken is awesome, and one of my favourite Pokemon. ^^ Combusken is meh, but I only have it for a small amount of time before it evolves into Blaziken. :P

For Kanto Pokemon, I also pick Charmander. I've always liked Charizard ever since I played Red/Blue/Yellow. Plus, Charmander looks cute and Charmeleon looks alright. :)

Unknown#
March 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
I actually chose Mudkip in Emerald, if only because Swampert is my favorite pokemon from Gen. 3. (Though a friend of mine did trade me a Treeko)

As for Leafgreen, I chose the same Pokemon I normally choose whenever I play Gen. 1, Charmander.

gregory_turner420
March 2nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
every avd gen game i do the same. mudkip and bulbasaur

solarowl
March 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM
LeafGreen, I started with Squirtle.
FireRed, I started with Charmander.
Sapphire, Torchic.
Ruby, Treecko.
Emerald, Mudkip.

DavidBarnes
March 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I always pick Fire types to be 100% honest.
But Hoenn specificlly, due to the fact that I hate Mudkip. c:

Riaxik
March 13th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I remember when I first started Ruby, it was Treecko. As far as I can remember back to FR/LG, I think it was Charmander or Squirtle.

Revolver Oshawott
March 13th, 2011, 11:23 PM
FR - Squirtle
LG - Bulbasaur
Sapphire - Mudkip
Ruby - Treecko
Emerald - Treecko
SS - Totodile
Black - Snivy
White - Oshawott

Hikamaru
March 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I played Ruby and chose Mudkip and she happened to be a GIRL!

Why Mudkip?
Torchic is weak against the first Gym and Treecko just doesn't look like the best...

A_Creative_Name
March 25th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Squirtle in Blue, Bulbasaur in LeafGreen and Mudkip in Sapphire. I've never picked a fire type for some reason. Perhaps on my next playthrough.

Dark Piplup
March 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
My first time playing a hoenn game (ruby) I chose Mudkip because I loved it and its evos. But I sold that and in my new Emerald I chose Treecko cause I wanted something fresh and I hate Blaziken. In Firered i chose Charmander. Its always been one of my fav pokemon.

Punnagg
March 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I always use water type starters.
Gold:- Totodile
Emerald:- Mudkip
Fire Red:- Sqirtle

FlameChocobo
April 8th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Torchic on Ruby Version
Mudkip on Sapphire Version
Bulbasaur on Leaf Green Version
and Treeko on Emerald Version

Never got around with Fire Red.

vexslasher
April 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I always choose the fire or leaf types because the fire is good at the start since you usually start out by a forest, and the leaf types because they learn good moves for making it easier to capture guys, poison powder, sleep powder etc.

~Anbuja
April 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
always mudkip!!!!!
i love it!!!!
then after i beat the game 2 times i reseted it and chosed another starter just have em and know they mnoveset:D

Sol Rovyn
April 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM
In my first third generation file, which happens to be my Ruby version, I chose Torchic. I don't quite know for what reason I selected Torchic, perhaps because it looked more adorable than the other starters.

Equinoxe
April 9th, 2011, 03:11 AM
On my first playthrough of Ruby, I chose Torchic and even now it's still my favourite of the bunch (and Blaziken is one of my all-time favourites). I'm not sure if I ever trained a Treecko despite my numerous re-plays of the games O_o
Always just Torchic or Mudkip or non-starters.

Eпvy
April 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Mudkip and Squirtle. I always choose the Water starters.

Fire Walker
April 9th, 2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkfrlg001.png and http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs004.gif were mine. I remember when you had to battle Gary before you got to Victory Road and I always kept using Frenzy Plant on his Charizard. That battle took forever.

Pyrax
April 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
always mudkip!!!!!
i love it!!!!
then after i beat the game 2 times i reseted it and chosed another starter just have em and know they mnoveset:D

So...I herd you liek mudkipz

When I first got Sapphire, I chose mudkip.
In another Sapphire file, I chose Treeko, but I ended up restarting for some reason.
I chose Torchic when i got Ruby.

I chose Blastoise in Frlg (both versions.)
I eventually ended up choosing Charmander and Bulbasaur in different FireRed files.

Shadowbane92
April 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Charmander in Fire Red, Squirtle in Leaf Green, Torchic in Emerald, Mudkip in Sapphire and Treecko in Ruby.

SonGohan
April 9th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Ruby- Mudkip
Sapphire- Mudkip
Fire Red- Charmander
Emerald- Treeko

Gleam Noiyam
April 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
In Sapphire I picked Treecko.
In Emerald I picked Mudkip.
And in Leafgreen I picked Squirtle.

cbd98
April 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
i picked bulbasaur in my first run of FR, because it was good at the first 2 gyms.
in sapphire, i picked treeko because i loved fast pokemon.
in emerald, i picked torchic because i love blaiziken!!

Psyshock
April 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I can't remember Ruby and Sapphire but I know I picked Treeko the first time I played through Emerald. In Fire Red I got Squirtle and Leaf Green I picked Charmander.

cazzler
April 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I chose mudkip (ruby) and charmander (firered)

.Haxorus
April 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I picked Treeko in Ruby, Torchic in Emerald, and Charmander in LeafGreen.

Clairissa
April 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
For the Hoenn games I used Torchic... I love Blaziken, first fighting type I ever used really.
For the Kanto games, Charmander all the way, gotta hardmode Brock and Misty.

Echidna
April 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM
torchick, because i have mentioned before, and maybe in this thread too, the fire startes is usually the best !!

ATM the Mudkip
April 13th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Take a wild guess :D
Extra space

giles863
April 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I chose Torchic in Ruby and Emerald and I chose Bulbasaur in LeafGreen. Most of the time I choose the Water types but I liked Blaziken more than any of the others and I don't know why I chose Bulbasaur...still to this day...:pokeball:

BlooMilk C.
April 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I picked Mudkip in Hoenn because I leik mudkipz and Charmander in Kanto. I used to like Water-type starters as well, but I just pick the ones I like the most now.

Liquid Halo
April 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
My first time in Hoenn was Ruby and I chose Mudkip, but brainlessly. I had not realized I was choosing my starter because it was so different, I just hit the first one that came up.

My first of the kanto remakes was leaf green and I started with Charmander.

King Gumball
April 14th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm just going to post them all because I can:

Gold version ages ago: All of them at different resets. My first ever was Cyndaquil iirc.
Heart Gold: Chikorita. Jealous of my brothers shiny Chikorita though >.>
Sapphire: Torchic of course, best starter of gen 3.
Emerald: Went for a change and picked Mudkip, although Torchic still rocks.
Diamond: Piplup, because it owned the other starters and Empoleon has a sick typing.
Platinum: Piplup again because I am boring.
Fire Red: Bulbasaur because it is smexy.
White: Snivy because Serperior is the best starter under.

Edsbob
April 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Treecko's the one that I picked. Fabulously green, he was great. As for FRLG I chose Squirtle, that way I can put the laughter in slaughtering Brock for once have an easier time thanks to it's defense. Plus Blastoise is awesome.

HoodieDoodie
April 20th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Mudkip/Charmander

Marshtomp/Swampert have the best combo ever. Ground/water? Its awesome

Ninjutsu95
April 20th, 2011, 06:54 AM
charmander, and then... charmander. then after the millionth time on firered (best game ever! besides emerald),........... charmander. then in hoenn? torchick. then.. torchick.. then torchick... and when i found out that swampert was better with gyms... torchick. and then mudkip. never bulbasour (LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). treeko was pretty decent.

Apex
April 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I chose Torchic and Squirtle :)
I wanted to name my Squirtle Thats what she said.
but not enough characters :(