• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It feels like I'm talking to myself.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Have you ever felt like your words go unheard? That your questions get unanswered?

I do. A lot of people disregard me just because I hardly talk. In school most of the kids disregard me because I'm Indian. They think just because of my race that I don't have the freedom of speech.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • **thinks about ignoring thread for ironic effect.

Nah, errrm i have never been a particularly vocal person but i've never felt that i've been ignored or people don't hear my opinions.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes, this happens to me all the time.

It has already happened to me today. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, sometimes I talk and people don't hear me :3. Being flat out ignored no, not really. I don't really speak my mind all too often(it is better that way) but when I do, I make sure I'm heard.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • No one can hear me because my voice is too deep. So, yeah. I'm always being ignored.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I rarely get ignored, to be honest. Although I am not much of talkative person, when I ask something, somebody usually replies, and if not, I ask again till someone answers me.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I'm always drowned out in conversations if it's more than just me and one other person. Nothing I say is ever as interesting or generates more discussion. It always turns into a talk between the others while I end up giving up and just shrink into the background.

If there's only one person, though, I actually have their attention when I speak.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Never ;)

When I speak I make sure people hear me out.

NO, am not an attention D:

Gasp... never mind...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Always. Hardly anyone listens to me, aside from teachers (xD) and close friends. I don't really say much, since talking is usually just meaningless blathering. Usually, irl, if I do say anything, those who know me will listen because they know I don't say much and when I do, it is usually kind of important. But here, it is different, I suppose. I like to talk here.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I prefer not to speak my mind out. Most people don't pay attention anyways. It's like when I do, there's either a better idea or they just shrug it off. I'm not bothered by it, though. As long as they are happy with their own ideas than mine, then I'm content too.

Even the teachers shrug me off. They never call on me and instead pick some other person instead. In a group, I'm usually one of the people that's just laughing. It's rare for me to add something to a conversation and rarer to start one.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm hardly ever heard by people, just 'cause I don't bother to talk much in real life, but online I want myself to be heard most of the time. People tend to ignore my words I speak out, and I really don't know why. It definitely doesn't bother me, 'cause I never say anything interesting that would attract their attention.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, this happens, because my ideas are either taken by others, or, by the time I think up of something good, someone else has a better idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Yeah, I get ignored a lot because I'm quiet. I just can't speak loudly around people I don't know well. In fact, people are shocked when they see me talking to my friend because of how loudly and quickly I talk when I'm not nervous.

But I can't help it, people staring at me makes me nervous. And it seems people I don't know as well are always the ones to stare. Probably because of the way I dress, so I guess it's sort of my fault. But I never was one to fit in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    my friends are good listeners, but aside from them i'm not sure. i tend to make my opinion known which can be off-putting, but that said i do feel i'm at least heard (though i hardly ever get feedback, so i don't necessarily feel heeded); also, i was recently made aware that the people i associate myself with puts a damper on how seriously people take me. isn't very fair, but makes sense i guess.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Have you ever felt like your words go unheard? That your questions get unanswered?

I do. A lot of people disregard me just because I hardly talk. In school most of the kids disregard me because I'm Indian. They think just because of my race that I don't have the freedom of speech.

No they don't. Seriously, kids don't disregard you because you're Indian. Just speak up and have some confidence in what you say. Its not even a freedom of speech situation anyways.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Generally I am not easily ignored. While I am a quiet person by nature, when I do feel I need to speak up about something, I make myself heard.

Still, some people just won't listen, and I'm a stubborn enough person to give 'em a real hell of a time if I feel I must be heard.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I am ignored quite often, even by my school friends. Especially by my school friends... My youth group friends listen to me though. :3

Years
  • Yes. All the time. But it's not negligence on the other side. It's because I talk so soft and so fast, that a lot of the time, people just can't plain hear me. So they might not reply because of that. :(

I find that rarely do people actually outright ignore me.

Back