• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternative to MICROSD reader?

Poeman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    My micro SD reader broke, I tried using DSFTP(I use my micro SD with my R4) but it goes WAY too slow for larger files. Also when I copied a walkthrough for my game over, it didn't actually stay on the card it only said it did(corrupted file)

I WANT to buy a new micro SD reader, and I have the money but no one will take me to the store, are there any alternatives?

Also I examined the drive itself but nothing seems wrong, and yes I tried it with other computers.

tl;dr How can I get files on a MicroSD without a flash drive, or how can I repair my seamlessly not broken one?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Unless you're experienced with electrical engineering you probably won't be able to fix such a device in any easy way.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Uhh my brother is an electrical engineer. . .
    I can probably get some help from him XP

Double compressed the files, and it's gonna take about 20 minutes to send it over, guess this is solved :X

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do you have a phone with a MicroSD card slot? That way you should be able to connect the phone's USB cable and transfer that way. Don't even try bluetooth, it's slower than Wifi.

Years
  • Also, just an idea, if you have an SD card reader, the card itself should have come with a Micro-SD -> SD adaptor, so you can upscale it.

Back