• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Experience Groups in 5th Generation

Are you bothered by the exclusion of Erratic and Fluctuating experience groups?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    One of the things I used to love about 3rd and 4th generation was the varying experience. In RSE I used to love the challenge of Nincada being really hard to keep up to level with the others in your team early on, due to erratic experience, or Breloom becoming a pain after about level 50 due to its fluctuating experience. Sometimes I like to train teams with one from each of the six experience groups to make training more fun. I was hoping to do this in Black or White, so I checked Bulbapedia to see which new Pokemon were included in each group. To my surprise, there were no errating or fluctuating pokemon anymore, which I found rather annoying.

So my question is, had any of you noticed this or do any of you keep track of the experience groups? I'm wondering if there are others out there a bit disappointed like myself.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Not really a big deal to me. There are plenty of other experience groups to make it so that they're not all the same. And Nincada as a bug is hard enough to train without erratic.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Maybe the EXP groups haven't been posted up. It may be when the English versions are released.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm happy about this change because I didn't like it when it was a pain to raise a Pokemon in the early levels, or later on.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Huh. I knew that Pokemon's experience gain's were different, but I never knew that they had groups for those.

Anyway, it's probably an imcomplete list. I'm sure that out of the many new Pokemon they added there's bound to be some that are erratic. Not sure about fluctuating, as that's a small group already.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I like the change. I've been able to get Zoroark, Wargle and Zuruzukin to Lv. 100 already. Started my game a month ago. Zuruzukin being the most recent (hatched 10/23, got to 100 yesterday).

Back