• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What company provides YOUR internet service?

Years
  • What company provides your internet service?
    AOL
    There are many that provide it, but what you prefer?
    I would rather have Charter, or AT&T, but for now I have AOL
    Do you like your internet service?
    NO!
    Wire-less or Wire? (Wire=Dial-up)
    Wire(Dial-up)

Feel free to discuss about your internet here!

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • right now I've got a DSL line that I originally arranged through verizon before they sold off their landline market to other firms. It sucks bozons, they quote me 3-4 megaBits per second, I don't even get 100 mbps.
    I'm having my cable provider hook up cable internet on monday, Yay early christmas present!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • 'yes' OPTUS, would be mine.
    I have wireless, since I need it to do research on my laptop if I don't wanna go on the computer.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have Verizon DSL - really the only high-speed option in my area. It's 3 Mbps, so it's not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but it's usually reliable. There are some times where it just drops over and over and you can't do anything with it, but for the most part it's okay. I'd much rather have cable or something - they have Cox in the closest city to me and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Years
    Internode
    Internode is my choice and recommendation.
    Yes. I am totally content with Internode. Awesome and reliable.
    What type of connection do you have?
    ADSL2+, running off a Netgear DGN2000 Wireless-N300 router.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    What company provides your internet service?
    Comcast... meh.
    Well, AT&T wasn't bad.
    Well I don't HATE it, but I feel like my bandwidth expires faster than normal. And I get the feeling my privacy isn't totally respected.
    Connection type?
    DSL. Generic modem and router.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Time Warner, through a contract with my university.
    Anything that's fast and doesn't saddle me down with their own (usually lame) home page.
    Mostly yes, except that the school has this stupid policy where you can't set up wireless routers... But it's been mostly reliable, so I can't complain too much.
    Broadband wired.

Years
    Mediacom

We're switching over to a company called Century Link because they've got a bundle for phone that costs significantly

No serious complaints about it when there's no cap, other than the outrageous cost compared to others, which is why we're switching.

Wired 4-10 Mbps broadband via a cable modem with a DLink DGL-4300 router providing wireless access in the house.

Years
    Virgin Media.

Virgin is good.

Yah, it is good.

Wireless is much easier for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What company provides your Internet service?: SkyCable

Preference?: none

Do you like your current Internet provider?: Sort of; it's okay.

What type of connection do you have?:
    It used to be dial-up, but now it's Wi-Fi.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Rogers. So much hate. Not that Bell is any better.
    I want to switch to Teksavvy (which wholesales DSL on Bell's lines). Their site says they don't work in my apartment complex so I'm stuck paying $45/month for a slow connection & only 60gb bandwidth shared between two heavy internet users. ugh.
    Oh, I've kind of been answering that. But to reiterate, no.
    Wireless or Wire?
    Cable modem that used to also be a router but stopped working (lovely item you sold me there, Rogers). Broadcasting wirelessly through an old linksys I had lying around. @_@

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    AT&T
    Time Warner Cable, I heard it's really good, and it never fails! AT&T's internet connection drops every other night and it's really annoying.
    .....no.
    DSL
    But I have a NETGEAR Wireless router. Best thing ever.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    What company provides your internet service?
    Verizon
    I have no preference, really. Anything that isn't satellite, dial-up, or AT&T.
    I find my 1.5 Mbps downstream speed to be a bit slow, but otherwise it's a solid connection.
    Connection type?
    Currently using a DSL connection (not sure what type of DSL) being broadcast on an 802.11n network via an Apple Time Capsule, 1 TB (the old model that only transmits on one frequency, not two like the current gen ones)

Years
    iPrimus
    Right now theres a 1TB deal with Optus so I'd like that but I want to try out Internode as I've heard brilliant things about them!
    Yeah, primus <3
    err. ADSL2+?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    AT&T. Don't get it. Ever.

Cable One. Oh my gosh, I miss that service so much. Can't wait to go to my mom's for Christmas with her wonderful internet.

I hate it with a burning passion.

Wire-less or Wire?
    Modem's directly plugged into my laptop. I wish it was wireless.

Years
    iPrimus
    Right now theres a 1TB deal with Optus so I'd like that but I want to try out Internode as I've heard brilliant things about them!
    Yeah, primus <3
    err. ADSL2+?
    Internode is really high quality, but you pay a bit extra. Not like "Telstra extra", but if you can get a huge quota at a decent price with another company, that's fine. I love Internode because of the things that they don't meter. Steam and ABC for a start. Plus they have a big mirror server, were you can download a lot of things from them. This means it's unmetered and also really fast.

It's a good strategy, actually. They support downloading if it's legitimate, this way.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I am a Verizon FiOS Customer. I am extremely happy and pleased with the service of our connection, it hasn't been down ever in almost 5 years of service. 99% of the time I get 30 Megabits down and 20 Megabits up. Most other high end connections give you a really fast download but same can't be said for upload for most of them, Verizon really offers me a fast speed for both which is great to have!

Malice.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I'm a Verizon High Speed Internet customer. For ~$20 a month, included with my landline phone service is the fastest speed available in my area - 1.5-3mbps (yes, that's really it. There are still areas around where I live that only can get dialup or unreliable satellite Internet service). Realistically, I hit 3 mpbs because I live very close to the access point (I was getting 2.97 on my wireless connection). The service has been very reliable, and I've had it for just over 5 years now. The only issues I've had were the routers dying (the ones they give you; as long as I'm getting them free, I can deal with it haha). Right now I'm on the third in five years, which is a newer model Westell with 4 Ethernet ports and wireless.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    AT&T U-Verse

Meh. AT&T is okay, really. It drops every so often, but it's amazing compared to my last ISP. And I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that my wireless adapter just plain sucks.

Well enough.

Wireless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    I am sure there are many ISPs offer hosting as well, but I would not say using an ISP web hosting, because it is not their main business and income. I suggest you choose a web hosting company that generates revenue through Web hosting. Reliability is very important when it comes to choosing a supplier.

Back