• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An Introduction

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    Hello there! I used to be a fan of Pokemon back in the old days. You know...when we would all gather around in the park, with our Gameboys in hand. Getting ready to do battle with our army of little virtual pets. It seems kind of silly now, how everyone would "Ooh" and "Ahh" as one of the two people would release their LV86 Blastoise. It's nothing but a fond memory now. I was browsing through a Pokemon video one day until I stumbled upon a Pokemon "hacking video". Yes I admit the dialog was poor, and looked as if it was written by an 8 year old child. The maps had misplaced tiles and the design was horrible. But, I was amused. I eventually found the tools that were needed. I started out slow but I eventually started getting the hang of it and moving into more advanced things. I also enjoy spriting, and I've made lots of trainer sprites and the such. My avatar is actually a sprite that I was working on. I play the piano and plan on learning the guitar. If that interests anyone. Anyways enough about my self, this forum is pretty huge. Probably the biggest Pokemon forum I've seen. I'm actually kind of overwhelmed by all of it, don't really know where to start. This paragraph turned out kind of long and I'm sure some of you just skipped through it so I'm done rambling for now.

PokeDuude

Mediocre Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hi there, XeroGraviti. The Emulation section would be a good place to start for you, seeing as you enjoy hacking roms and spriting. Anyways, enjoy your time at PC.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Heh, interesting intro even if you did ramble a bit.

Like PokeDuude said, you seem like you'd be one for the ROM Hacking/Emulation section. And don't worry about not knowing where to start; if you have trouble with that then I'd say do it methodically. Start at the top and peek in every forum on the way down to see if it looks interesting.

Have fun exploring!

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Welcome Xero! You will see my post every once in awhile. Remember to read the rules though! I don't want you to get in any situations.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hey... welcome to PokéCommunity! You might want to check out the Emulation subforum. And the section that's dedicated to spriting, too! Have fun at the forums!

Back