• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shellder or Clamperl?

I Would Choose...

• Shellder

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Clamperl

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Shellder and Clamperl, the Bivalve Pokemon. Both are inhabitants of the sea and both are pure Water types.

Which one would you choose?

Me, I would choose Shellder since it evolves into one of my favourite Water types, Cloyster.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Clamperl! 3rd gen Pokes are my fav, plus evoled into 2 cool water types that I liked too. =D

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Shellder, because it's adorable and has DAT TONGUE, and because Cloyster is one of the most awesome Pokemon ever. I love its grin.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I think I'll go with Shellder on this one because it looks cooler to me.
    CarlyCarminepicture9.jpg

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    shellder, i dont like clampearls design or moves.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'll go with Shellder, it seems to have a more manly aura about it than Clamperl.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Shellder. Great defense, and it has a better movepool then Clamperl... Plus it evolves into a water/ice type which gives it a great resistance to grass types. Plus, how could you like this thing?:
    130px-366Clamperl.png
    It's so ugly, and useless, imo. I'm not a big fan of it's evo's either.

Years
  • Shellder. Great defense, and it has a better movepool then Clamperl... Plus it evolves into a water/ice type which gives it a great resistance to grass types. Plus, how could you like this thing?:
    130px-366Clamperl.png
    It's so ugly, and useless, imo. I'm not a big fan of it's evo's either.
    Clamperl is a lot better than Shellder in battle. With DeepSeaTooth, Clamperl's base Special Attack is 148. With DeepSeaScale, it has a Special Defense stat of 110. There's really no competition.

Ayselipera

Even though Clamperl is cute and gains from holding either DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale, the whole Pokemon frustrates me to no end. It's can be a bit of a pain to find, it has a limited move pool, and you have to trade with an item just to evolve it. I'm not saying you can't work with it it's just a big pain for myself.

I never thought Shellder had an amazing move pool either, but at least it's a bit easier to evolve it. I've always loved Cloyster while Clamperl and its evolutions always slip my mind even though I do like them. Whether it's better in battle then Shellder or not I'm not really taking that into account this time. Clamperl is just so bland I can't come around to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    I prefer Shellder, mostly because of its evolution. I also like its design more than Clamperl, I've never really liked Clamperl at all.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Cloyster scares me. Shellder is cute but I wasnt too fond of it in battle. I grew up more playing with Clamperl :D

Plus, I have no idea what is in Shellders shell......

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • I'd have to say....definitely Shellder.
    1. It's got a lot more variety than Clamperl does in the move department.
    2. Even though Clamperl is boosted up with DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale, without one of those items, it's nothing special really. And having to trade it to evolve? No thanks.
    3. Cloyster is one of my favorite Pokemon.

That's not saying that Clamperl can't be a pretty tough contender when used right, but overall, I just think Shellder and Cloyster are a bit better than Clamperl and it's evolutions.

Years
  • I don't really like Shellder much, but Cloyster is amazing. I simply love it! But since it's Shellder Vs. Clamperl, my vote goes to Clamperl since it's design is better to me.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I was about to choose Clamperl because 3rd Gen is my favorite, but I have always loved Cloysters even though I've never used one. I chose Shellder.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I'd choose shellder because the desgin of it's evolution is pretty simple compared to clampearl... and I think Cloyster looks a lot more BA~! ;P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Shellder, because of how funny it looks with its tongue hanging out. Cloyster looks more intimidating than Huntail or Gorebyss.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Shellder.
    It looks like a joke and its evo is just so intimidating compared to Clampearl's evo's.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I was always a fan of Shellder. I love its tounge :P

Clamperl is kinda weird in my opinion. Plus, I'm not too fond of its evolutions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back