• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

friends is the greatest sitcom ever lets discuss it

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i can't really add on to it but i'll try

From it's birth in 1994 to it's finale in 2004, Friends entertained the world and influenced many parts of it, with it's quirky best friends Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Chandler, Joey and Ross others. Set in New York, it follows the lives of them and their relationships, fights and misadventures. But most importantly, it showcased the near-infinite talent and glory that was Phoebe Buffay.

there lets go
    DISCUSS

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've seen you post around and i've always wanted to say I love your avatar/signature since this is one of my all time favorite shows ;)

I started watching it ironically when it ended in 2004. I'd watch re-runs and then eventually got all the dvds of it. I like the later seasons a lot more for some reason, and my favorite characters are chandler, ross, and rachel. I wish they would do some kind of ten year reunion movie so we could see how emma, erica, and jack grew and to see if mike and phoebe had kids, but I'm afraid they'd pull a sex in the city and keep making movies :|

I <3 this show.

Years
  • Yeah, it's a good show to watch if there's nothing else on, or it's two in the morning and you can't get to sleep. Ross is easily the best character. Followed closely by Chandler and Joey. Rachel and Monica are just annoying and Phoebe is okay but not funny.

But yeah, it's a really funny show. Especially Chandler's sense of humour.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Phoebe Buffay for life.

I love friends, but I don't have any of the DVDs D ;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • HIMYM is like a millions times better Friends is really funny and I used to watch it all the time. Joey has been my favourite but Ross is my least fav because he is a little irritating to watch at times. Friends was a fabulous sitcom and I will always love it, but unfortunately for Friends I have now been watching and obsessing over the new more modern sitcom, How I Met Your Mother XD *shot repeatedly*

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I love Friends, Chandler is one of my favorite characters ever, for serious. Though the Ross and Rachel plot line got ****ing annoying over the course of the series - I seriously didn't care that they got together in the end I was so annoyed with them.

But, the best sitcom ever is How I Met Your Mother. It's just 830% more awesome than Friends.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I watch Friends sometimes whenever there's nothing on TV at the time. My uncle has seasons 3 & 4 on DVD and he's always watching them. xD. When his birthday comes next month I'm probably gonna buy the rest of the seasons he's missing.

In terms of the show. I'll agree with most of you here: Phoebe is the best character. I also like the whole Chandler x Monica relationship, too, makes me smile.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Joey = Sandwich

I place Friends as my favorite sitcom of all time. Sienfeld, The Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother are to be closely behind it.

My favorite characters would have to be Ross and Phoebe. His little stuttering was the reason why I started stuttering back when I first watched the show. When I first saw this thread, I went back and watched the entire seventh season. I loved Chandler's sense of humor and sarcasm. Monica and Rachael was okay; I felt like they were just there sometimes.

Honestly, the series influenced me a lot. I honestly wouldn't be the same person I am today if it wasn't for Friends. It gave me plenty of laughs to last a lifetime. Whenever I'm bored, I would just go back and watch some of my favorite episodes and laugh. I kinda enjoyed how the story went. Thank goodness that Ross and Rachael got back together. I always did see Joey being the only one without a spouse.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I've been watching the reruns lately, and every episode makes me laugh every time.
    I love friends. And my favorite character's Jophoebey <3; The story was all good for me, though I've yet to catch up to some gaps in the storyline.

Awesomefulstill.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Looks like I'm the odd one out as I don't particularly like this show. :P

I just don't find it very funny and I think the characters are annoying. I'm more of a Seinfeld guy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    It's definitely good... not my favorite kind of humor though. I really liked Arrested Development.

2Blue4u

Red Doesn't Come Close
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    I find Friends annoying. Sorry, but it's not my brand of entertainment.
    When it was out, I couldn't stand it simply because people wouldn't shut up about it. Now, I'll only watch it when I'm bored beyond belief...
    Now Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction- there's entertainment.

Back