• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The New Items in Gen V Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    New Items in Gen V Discussion

This thread is for discussion of the new items introduced in Black and White. Share your thoughts/opinions and whatnot here on the items. :)

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The jewels in the Gen V seem to based on the Chao Emeralds from Sonic design wise it seems...
    I like it that they increase a move's power by 50% but they are sadly only useful for one move though I guess that's fair as 50% is a lot of power...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The jewels in the Gen V seem to based on the Chao Emeralds from Sonic design wise it seems...
    I like it that they increase a move's power by 50% but they are sadly only useful for one move though I guess that's fair as 50% is a lot of power...
    The Flight Jewel is useful with Acrobatics. After the Flight Jewel is burned up after one use of Acrobatics, said move will have double the power throughout the battle.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Flight Jewel is useful with Acrobatics. After the Flight Jewel is burned up after one use of Acrobatics, said move will have double the power throughout the battle.
    I thought it was one turn thing but if it's for the whole battle than those jewels are more deadly than I originally gave them credit for...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm just mad there's no Vs. Seeker. It'd be sooo useful in this game. But that Miracle of Evolution is pretty nifty. Kept my Seed bby afloat in E4 battles. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• I thought it was one turn thing but if it's for the whole battle than those jewels are more deadly than I originally gave them credit for...
    The Jewels are a one-time item, yes. What I meant is that when Acrobatics is used with the Flight Jewel, its power is multiplied by 55 x 1.5 (Flight Jewel) x an additional 1.5 when STAB is factored in. When Acrobatics is used when the Flight Jewel is there it becomes a 82.5 BP move (123.75 BP with STAB). After the Jewel is burned up, it becomes a 110 BP (165 BP with STAB) move for the rest of the battle (Acrobatics' power is doubled when the user isn't holding an item).

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Another great way to use the jewels is Hitmonlee. His DW ability is Unburden, doubling his speed when he uses his item. Have him hold the Normal Gem, and use Fake-Out. It gives you a free turn to use your item, gets you some damage, and then doubles your speed at the end of the turn. Since speed was always a low point for Hitmonlee, its a neat enough strategy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back