• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
  • Currently grinding for gyms/ Silph Co. Anyone know any good grinding spots?

Current Team
    Norman/Snorlax Lv.34
    Olivia/Vileplume Lv.32
    Boss/Flareon Lv.37
    Peter/Pideot Lv.37
    Squiggles/Blastoise Lv. 37
    Geode/Graveler Lv.38

Technically there are potentially good grinding spots right before silph co but the closest is at route 17 (bycicle road) &18 (small patch of grass right after bycicle road).. its usually good for level 30s because there's no dangerous pokemon here levelling between level 20 spearows to level 29 raticates..

Whatsup fellow nuzlockamaniacs

Been a while since my last update(due to my most intricate style of grinding(which is running back and forth with autofire on and playing guitar ;D))

So my spoiler should keep this page from slow loading O__O

Wait.. where did I leave off?

(Scans forum)

Oh okae

Chapter 2
    Spoiler:

Chapter 3

Hello, I am Hothead.. I've come to warn you that in the following chapter there is words that reference to a matter people call indecency or in other words.. nudity.. please no immaturity for the following chapter.. Thank You..
    Spoiler:

Chapter 4

Spoiler:

Chapter 5

Spoiler:

That's all for now until my room is clean..

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Well, time to update.

Chapter 4

After getting to fallarbor (spelling XP) town, I healed up and went on to the magmas in meteor falls. When I arrived, my brilliant figure scared the devious magma's away. (It was teem Aqua :( ) I continued on to Mt. Chimney, fighting my way through the trainers that I had previously sneaked past using my awesome ninja skills. I beat all of the grunts, and saved before Maxie. I decided to look at how strong he was on psypokes, and I realized that he was going to whoop my @$$. I decided to use my ninja skills again, and took a couple of steps back before jamming my thumb on the space bar and the X button, (equivalent to the B button) shouting, "Usain Bolt powers activate!" I ran off and went back down Mt. Chimney. Right now, I'm training my pokes.

Current Team:

Marshtomp: lv 24

Swellow: lv 24

Electrike: lv 20

Sorry about my bad narrating skills. I'm doing this with the 5 minutes of free time I get in between my other "duties"

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I'm going to do a nuzlocke run on emerald. I will be using the fainting/release rule, and the catch the 1st poke in an area, since those are the required ones. I'll make sure to update and I'll hopefully be able to upload pics.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Yea, I played a lot earlier, but was not able to fit it all into one chapter, so I made sure to write it all down. This means the updates will actually not be where I am currently at. Here we go:

Spoiler:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Ruby End

Heeeeellllllllllloooooooooooo Nuzlockamaniacs!!!

So as last time I think I mentioned I finished the game.. but if I didn't..

I FINISHED POKEMON RUBY!!

Chapter 6

Spoiler:

Chapter 7

Spoiler:

Chapter 8

Spoiler:

Chapter 9

Spoiler:

Chapter 10

The Elite Four
    Spoiler:

Chapter 11

The Elite.. one?
    Spoiler:

Nobody here knows how impossibly hard it is to get all the colors on here by actually typing all the codes and doing this all by a mobile phone.. terrible!!!!! ;D

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is my first time doing a challenge and this was seems very interesting:

I will be using Pokemon Emerald and obeying only to the compulsory rules as well as the nicknaming and no trading ones.

My challenge so far:
    -Started with Torchic and named him Ignis
    -Defeated May
    -Caught a Lv3 Wurmple on Route 102 and named him Pestis
    -Pestis evolved into a Silcoon
    -Helped Wally
    -Route 104 Pokemon was a Wurmple. Killed it.
    -Petalburg Woods Pokemon was a Silcoon. Killed it.
    -Pestis evolved into a Beautifly
    -Entered Rustboro City
    -Caught a Lv7 Nincada on Route 116 and named her Bellator
    -Ignis evolved into a Combusken
    -Roxanne was defeated
    pudmh.png

-Caught a Lv7 Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel and named his Sonus
    -Went to Dewford
    -Fought Brawly
    -Found and caught a Lv8 Abra in Granite Cave and named her Mens
    -Brawly fell, but at a price. His Makuhita managed to kill Pestis...
    pudmh.png
    [/IMG]

In the cave

Current Team:
    Ignis
    emesprani256.gif

Level 18
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Docile
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Bellator
    emesprani290.gif

Level 11
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Nature: Docile
    Scratch
    Sand-Attack
    Leech Life
    Cut

Sonus
    emesprani293.gif

Level 11
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Relaxed
    Pound
    Uproar
    Astonish

Mens
    emesprani063.gif

Level 8
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Relaxed
    Teleport
    Flash

Fallen Pokemon:
    Pestis
    emesprani267.gif

Level 3-16
    Killed by Brawly's Makuhita.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    Hey everybody, I am new here, so i doesnt know much here!

Anyvay I started Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke. Can you tell me where I should put my stats,team etc. ?

I curently do Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke! Can somebody tell me where to post team,stats, etc. ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    -Started with Squirtle/Sago
    -Delivered percel and got Pokedex
    -Catch Nidoran M/Kohta on route before Indigo Plateu
    -Catch Rattata/Splinter on route before Viridian forest
    -Catch Weedle/Timmy in Viridian Forest
    -Beated all trainers in Viriadian Forest
    -Arrived in Pewter City

Attachments

• 7.png
      7.png
      447 bytes · Views: 247
    • 32.png
      32.png
      485 bytes · Views: 245
    • 19.png
      19.png
      456 bytes · Views: 242
    • 13.png
      13.png
      419 bytes · Views: 243
    Last edited:

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • Hey, I was just wondering... Can we still qualify for being a Nuzlocke champion if (through hacking) the Starter was edited? Or would that be too unfair?

Years
  • Hey, I was just wondering... Can we still qualify for being a Nuzlocke champion if (through hacking) the Starter was edited? Or would that be too unfair?

It would be OK if you hacked for a Pokemon in it's lowest evolutionary form. For example, using A-starter to get Larvitar as your starter would be ok, using it to get Tyranitar, would not.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • It would be OK if you hacked for a Pokemon in it's lowest evolutionary form. For example, using A-starter to get Larvitar as your starter would be ok, using it to get Tyranitar, would not.

So that puts all legendaries out of the picture as well? No problem, wasn't planning on using a legendary anyway. Thanks for getting back to me so fast! ^^

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay, this chapter contains the seriouslu-epicly exciting battle with Fantina!

CHAPTER NINE:
    Spoiler:

...Not...

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Ok ill try this, looks more fun than it sounds

EDIT: itll be in fire red

EDIT2: im going to make this an ultimate challenge
    FR-S-R-P

Okay update one:

Spoiler:

Hopefully Misty will be destroyed by tommorrow or the day after.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Hoping for a Jigglypuff, I actually
    found a Nidoran (Female), but Thyer used his fury attack of death to
    kill her. I instead made my route 3 pokemon a magikarp from the
    pokecenter (Fishy).

Just so you're aware, that's kinda against the rules... You're only allowed to catch the first Pokemon you encounter on any Route, and if you kill it, you have to wait till the next Route to catch another Pokemon.

You're allowed to have your own set of rules in a Nuzlocke challenge, but that's one of the two rules you really can't change or ignore. Look at the original post in this thread; the rules in bold are the ones you have to obey. The rest are all optional.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 15:
    -It's time to grind... *cues epic grinding music*
    Spr_3f_110.png
    -During Grinding, Gasman became twice as cool

-Once I felt suitably grinded (or bored), I headed back to Cinnabar
    -Having returned, I re-entered the Mansion
    -I found a bunch of switches and pressed them all! I mean come on, who wouldn't?
    -Found a key, and left the Mansion with my Escape Rope.
    -Found that the key opened the Gym! What a lucky break...
    -Ran through the Gym with zero difficulty.
    -Blaine wasn't much harder...
    -Oh well badge number 7 :D
    -So with that done, just one more badge to go and... oh, it's Bill! Hi Bill...
    -Hey... wait a minute... where are you taking me?
    -Well... I ended up on One Island (real original name :/), anyway Bill and this guy Celio seem to want me to give some guy a meteorite... so I better go and do that so that I can get back to getting my last badge.
    -Screw the meteorite, I'm hitting the game corner... time to win some monies :)
    -The owner seems to have lost his daughter and won't let me gamble... the hell? D: Then, to make things worse a biker came in and seemed to be completely lost, idiot.
    -Headed to Three Island to find Lostelle (its funny because her name has 'lost' in it :/)
    -On Three Island I found some Bikers, who immediately all challenged me to a series of battles.
    -That was fairly easy...

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Update 10 - The Elite Four

Spoiler:

I beat the Challenge, please add me to the Champions list :)

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Just so you're aware, that's kinda against the rules... You're only allowed to catch the first Pokemon you encounter on any Route, and if you kill it, you have to wait till the next Route to catch another Pokemon.

You're allowed to have your own set of rules in a Nuzlocke challenge, but that's one of the two rules you really can't change or ignore. Look at the original post in this thread; the rules in bold are the ones you have to obey. The rest are all optional.

Sorry I thought that it was the first pokemon you see or obtain, it doesn't really matter though, I kinda got owned by Misty and now I have to start over 0_o.

Im going to play in ruby as I know the Hoenn region entirely and I've completed the game mostly with just Blazekin already. I'll go back to fire red eventually

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry I thought that it was the first pokemon you see or obtain, it doesn't really matter though, I kinda got owned by Misty and now I have to start over 0_o.

Im going to play in ruby as I know the Hoenn region entirely and I've completed the game mostly with just Blazekin already. I'll go back to fire red eventually

It is the first Pokemon you see/obtain. If you fail to catch the Pokemon, or the Pokemon dies, then tough luck, you have to move on and go to another route if you want another Pokemon. If you have any questions, or if you need tips on how to beat the nuzlocke challenge, don't hesitate to contact me.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay ruby update one:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back