• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glameow or Meowth.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
  • I think it is quite obvious from my username that I prefer Meowth. As far as the anime goes, Meowth is my favorite character, being able to talk, being a member of team rocket, and generally being Meowth. As far as the games go, Meowth is my favorite Pokemon, it has an awesome design, it is (in my opinion) much better than its own evolution, and it can learn Pay Day, a very useful move. I therefore believe my preference is justified, Meowth it is.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Meowth! In my opinion Meowth is much cuter. I like Glameow but it can't hold a candle to Meowth. Plus, Persian is one of my favorite pokemon ever whereas Purugly is... its name is self explanatory.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like Meowth the best because of how he is on the show. How he is a member of team rocket. And how he is funny.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Meowth is one of the classic Pokemon that I enjoy and is way better then Glameow. I like his second evolution stage as well while I don't like Glameow's.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What happened? No love for Skitty? ):

Strictly between Meowth and Glameow, I like Glameow for its flexible design and the abilities it can perform just because of its spiraled tail. Meowth is an alright feline, but it never did stand out to me very much. Not unless it was Team Rocket's Meowth. XD;

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Meowth because it actually has a name source--at least an obvious one, xD--and at least Pay Day can get you a few meager quarters. Also, call it nostalgia but Meowth is "one of the originals".

Years
  • Glameow for me as well. It's true that I love Meowth in the Anime, but on comparing designs, Glameow's design is much more sleek and neat.

Both their evolutionary forms are equally bad though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Even though glameow is not purugly, I still find it ugly. I much prefer meowth. Simple and kitten-like.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • Meowth, who cares if it failed in the anime series? It can still talk! and it looks way more cooler, glameow is kinda the girl's option maybe?

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Meowth because it has an epic evolution unlike that hideous "thing" Glameow evolves into.
    D;
    I do not really like Glameow, but i love Purugly. I also think that Glameow family is way better to battle with than Meowth family.
    So, i think it's almost a tie, but i prefer Glameow a bit.

Ayselipera

Looking at just Glameow and Meowth I have to say Glameow. Meowth has always been an odd looking cat. I'm guessing it must be the Maneki Neko basis for it that makes it appear a little less cat like and more cartoonish. On the other hand Glameow looks like a regular cat to me minus some obvious features. xD I also love how Glameow has the appearance of its head almost being separate from its body. I see it as almost resembling a little bobble head. All of which is very endearing. :3

Back