• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mamoswine V.s Torterra

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    This is for both just ingame and competitive battling: Both pokemon are both quite bulky and able to set up moves such as stealth rock, so I just wondered on your opinions, which has the best designs movepool etc...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to Pokemon General, since you're comparing the Pokemon, but idk, Asy/Mooji, if you don't think this is the right place then toss it back I guess? Or somewhere more fitting.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mamoswine isn't that bulky compared to Torterra. Even though Torterra is at a disadvantage against Mamoswine, I'll be going with it because of its very interesting design.

Ayselipera

These are kind of hard for me to compare. I mean I know they have the similarity of being dual ground types, but they are so different when it comes to design and what I've used them for. With that said I'm going to say they're equal in my book. I like Torterra for being my favorite Sinnoh starter evolution for the longest time and also coming through for me when I really needed it. I also like Mamoswine for being an evolution to a Pokemon I long forgot and for being a mammoth of course!

As for them actually facing off I see Mamoswine winning since Torterra has a 4x weakness to ice type moves.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I have to go with Torterra. It's much more unique in my opinion.

I think they could have come with with a much better design for a Woolly Mammoth pokemon.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Torterra wins my vote. I love Torterra although it'll be week against Mamoswine. I used Torterra before too and is very helpful. I haven't used Mamoswine yet but I might later on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I recently used a Hail Team with Mamoswine so my vote would go to it plus I just think it looks cool.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Torterra because I like it's design and it moves. He is one of my favorite pokemon.

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
  • Torterra. It was my starter in Diamond, and is just to beast to handle. Speed boost it as much as possible, and it's unstoppable.

Back