• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga = unknown?

Years
  • This is gonna sound kind of dumb, but does anyone know about Blue? (Girl)
    I mean I know the manga fans of course, but say if I go and cosplay as Blue from the RGB arc would anyone even recognize me? I know if i go as the FRLG arc outfit everyone would, but I kinda want an excuse to buy a cute black dress..

But what I'm really getting at is that I feel like Pokemon manga fans are few and far between... is that really true or are they all hiding? Nearly every Pokemon fan I know doesn't know about the manga except for one or two hardcore dorks like me.
    Are we like an underground Pokemon subculture? Or am I just being weird and dumb right now?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I think you'd be recognized. She's an iconic character even for those who haven't read the manga. Plus as long as you have a Pokeball, they'll know where you're from, at least.

Unfortunately, you're correct. There aren't enough fans of the manga. Only big fans of Pokemon seem to know of it. However, in a place you'd be cosplaying you're bound to find quite a few who know of the manga.

One man's thoughts (ps I'm new)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There have been plenty of Pokemon Special cosplayers before (my pair actually cosplayed as Blue last year), although it varies between conventions. If you choose to go as Blue, I'm sure at least one person should be able to recognize you. Perhaps carry a Squirtle or another doll of a Pokemon that she owns to help, as well as a Pokeball. As Netto said, the FRLG costume would also help, but then people might mistake you as Leaf and not Blue.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Pokemon manga probably is lesser known than just about every other aspect of the series. I've been into pokemon since gold, silver and crystal and I literally just dove into the manga today.

Is it weird that so far my favorite part is how you can see them in their pokeballs? It looks so awesome. XD

In fact I'm gonna make an avatar out of a scan. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pokemon manga probably is lesser known than just about every other aspect of the series. I've been into pokemon since gold, silver and crystal and I literally just dove into the manga today.

Is it weird that so far my favorite part is how you can see them in their pokeballs? It looks so awesome. XD

In fact I'm gonna make an avatar out of a scan. :3

I have a whole collection of manga pictures that I intend to make themes out of someday. x] All these Oak ones are from the manga as well. I just collect them as I read :3

Anyway, I'm sure some people would be able to recognize you. Keep in mind that even if they don't know what you are they'll still take pictures of you (my friends do that lmao). :3 Blue's one of my favorite characters!

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Haha, yeah, I just made a folder in my pictures library for pokemon adventure scans. Mine probably won't look as nice as yours (how did you make that scrollbox thing?) but I plan to have a few themes as well.

Back