• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official BW Speculation Thread

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Since there have been a fair amount of "Will ___ catch ___?" kind of questions all over the place, I figured it would be convenient to have a speculation thread for it. So, in the upcoming Best Wishes/Black and White episodes, what Pokemon do you think the characters will catch?

I do think Dent will end up with a Seedbby/Cottonbby at some point, possibly with Cabernet getting the one he did not.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I suggested that this should also be for evolutions and new moves so yeah, I wondering if we'll see an episode revolving around Axew mastering Dragon Rage, then maybe it would be the perfect chance for it to evolve, kind of like Ash's Snowrunt.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Sorry I did not see your suggestion when making this. ^^; I shall ask Kirbychu to rename the thread accordingly.

I feel like that is a very real possibility, but I don't think it will happen too soon. Kibago still is too much of a baby to evolve just yet, I feel.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay, I'll try and not let this go too dead...

I can somewhat see Ash catching a whole lot of more Pokémon through his journey in Unova. He seems to be caught around about the same sorts of wild Pokémon that go though the early routes of the game (excluding starters) so he seems to be catching them as he goes a long for sure. I don't see why he could keep the choices he has now in his team throughout Unova since they're just early in-game pokémon.
    Either that or at least try and evolve most of them this time. ^^"

Years
  • Okay, I'll try and not let this go too dead...

I can somewhat see Ash catching a whole lot of more Pokémon through his journey in Unova. He seems to be caught around about the same sorts of wild Pokémon that go though the early routes of the game (excluding starters) so he seems to be catching them as he goes a long for sure. I don't see why he could keep the choices he has now in his team throughout Unova since they're just early in-game pokémon.
    Either that or at least try and evolve most of them this time. ^^"
    The more Pokemon Ash catches, the worse I feel for all his old friends back at Oak's. Ash might be catching quite a few Pokemon in Unova, so he might decide to take on the Pokemon League with just his new ones. His older Pokemon may never get the chance to battle ever again...

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I personally always kinda felt bad for his older pokemon. He says he cares about them a lot and all, but he almost always ends up replacing them. I know the reason why, but it still makes me question what he says though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm sure we can get a filler saga or something to squeeze them in. ^^'

I'm sure he'll probably use them in the league, if he doesn't I would probably be really sad. It was kinda rubbish when he didn't use the others in Hoenn. Plus he'll need more diversity in his team other than all Unova pokémon and a Pikachu. They'll he rare there too so that would be an upper hand - but then thats what Oak said in Hoenn. ^^'

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since Ash now rotates Pokemon in his team, I don't see a reason for him to get another Pokemon. I do, however, have speculations for his Pokemon team at the end of the saga, as well as Iris' and Cilan's:
    -Pikachu
    -Unfezant
    -Oshawott
    -Emboar
    -Servine
    -Scrafty
    -Leavanny

The reason why I left Oshawott unevolved is because it's just too cute to evolve, plus none of Ash's Water Pokemon evolved since Kingler in the Indigo League.

Iris:
    -Haxorus (in the journey's very end)
    -Excadrill
    -Emolga
    -Deino
    -Vanilluxe
    -Mienfoo

I figured I'd give Iris another Dragon Pokemon to travel with, as well as a couple more cute Pokemon.

Cilan:
    -Pansage
    -Crustle
    -Pawniard

I don't think Cilan will be getting a lot of focus when it comes to Pokemon, but I also don't know if Pawniard suits him.

And as for Team Rocket:

Jessie:
    -Swoobat
    -Heatmor or Durant

The reason why I said Heatmor or Durant is because in Hoenn-Sinnoh, Jessie owned one half of Hoenn's rivalry duo, Seviper.

James:
    -Yamask
    -Ferroseed and/or Maractus

I think that James would treat Yamask in the same way he treated Chimecho and Mime Jr. I also gave him Ferroseed and/or Maractus because of the recurring gag that James has a Grass Pokemon that shows affection while unintentionally hurting him in the process.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think it would be cool if Jessie and James caught the version exclusives; Gothia and Solosis. Jessie would go for a Gothita since she could somehow find it cute and Solosis for james because it seems somewhat like a baby and he usually catches babyish pokémon...

Back