• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

got a big question

siouxhockeyfan

live without warning
Years
  • hi i just joined cause i need some help...im a pokemon fan (obviously) and im writin a paper for a class on pokemon and im woderin if any of ya can tell me how ya got started or somethin like that!!!!! also if ya know of any card tournaments happenin around minneapolis in the next month or so...thanks!!!!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'm sure lots of people can help! Questions about the forum itself go here though. This should go in the Pok?mon "General" section. I'll move it for you! ^_^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • How I got started? Basically, my dad got Pok?mon Red for my brother for his birthday in October of 1998. By Christmas 1998, I had a copy of Blue. I found it to be a very addicting game.

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
  • In 1999 or later, somewhere in there, I wrote my 9th grade term paper about the pokemon fad. Like a Dugtrio, I can dig it up if it would be of any help. Since, It probally has a work cited page, you would have the sources I used, which would most likely help you out, if this is a big paper. If anyone else is just interested in reading it, let me know and I'll post it. Maybe, I should read it, its been many years.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Me... probably the TV series. I was 9, sweet and innocent without a care in the world. But, basically, I saw one episode on the TV series, then when Christmas came around, I nagged and nagged or Pokemon Blue, and whta do you know. I got it. XD I now hate the TV show... which seems a bit ironic when you come to think of it.

As for the cards question... try the Pokemon cards Forum. ^_^

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • for me, i was only in kindergarten... and it was my birthday, and my best friend gave me Yellow Version. then i got more into it and i bought the cards. now i have like 10,000 cards (that i've been trying to sell)

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • For me, my Mum got me one of those brick gameboys that take 4 batteries with Pok?mon Yellow on my 13th birthday ^ ^;

Then I collected the stickers and cards and.... o.o;

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2005
    i just wanted somthing new so my mom got me pokemon blue and i was hucked and i have all games for the gameboy advancce and gameboy exept the pokemon leaf and fire but hoping to get them for chrismas

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2005
    For you'r tournaments contest thing go to pokemontcg.com . Well me 5 years ago around chirstmas i think i was destined to get the game because orginally my uncle was getting his son my cousion pokemon red.But it was sold out.He was with my father so recommed pokemon yellow because i wanted it but did,nt want to get it for him so he got it for me. It was a early chirstmas present.Itwas a big susprise.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Ummm I started with the TV show, and was hooked! Then the games, and, the cards, and Stickers. But you sre doing this for school? Umm That may not be the best idea...

Back