PDA

View Full Version : Real or fake? (Christmas trees)

December 15th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I use a fake one. It's easy to assemble, and it saves money.

GYM LEADDER A
December 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I use fake i am allergic to real ones and it wont get bugs. My mon hates them.

December 15th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Fake's better anyway. My cat sheds enough as it is. I don't need a tree shedding too.

Ryoutarou
December 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Fake one here to, we tried it out one year, and pine needles got everywhere...plus it gave that area of the house a funny smell no one wanted to get near on Christmas day.

~Ozy~
December 15th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Real all the way. Real trees have so much more personality, I don't mind the mess. Plus, I love the mell of pine needles (blame being raised in the Rockies).

December 15th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Real trees shed faster than cats, don't they?

Shana
December 15th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Fake...only because I have a dog who thinks of using the tree as a toilet. XD

Undertaker the Deadman
December 15th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I use a fake one. The real ones have many hazards like catch on fire. Somehow I acciendentaly voted on the the real one.

Cassie-chan
December 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Fake.

Because my family never tried a real one...

usami
December 15th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Definatley fake, cause we've never used a real one, and we probably never will.

Toothache
December 15th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I remember one year we had a real Christmas tree, it took forever to get the pine needles out the carpet, and some of them are still there today. But yeah, I'd rather have a fake tree, because there are too few trees as it is in the world, and you can reuse the fake ones year after year, so it's not like you're wasting the plastic either

Alex_
December 15th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Fake, you can use it over and over. And they shed pine needles like everyone else said. I've only had a real once 3 years ago which i didnt like.

Kairi
December 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM
We’ve used the same fake tree ever since my grandparents got married. It’s really quite…old and dilapidated now, but we still use it. I’ve never had a real tree, but I guess I don’t care either way~

Brittany
December 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM
After seeing some of the new fakes, sometimes I can't even tell the difference. For time, money and lazyness, I think fakes are better.

goth_espeon3
December 15th, 2004, 04:12 PM
of course i have a real tree. my friend said, "you got a real tree?
It's tradition in my family.

Sylphiel
December 15th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Fake. My family's used a fake tree for so long...that I can't even remember ever having had a real tree. o_o Not that I don't mind not having a real one...if I wanna see a real pine tree that badly, all I have to do is look outside (there's, like, hundreds of pine trees in this area).

But anyways, we use a fake tree so as not to aggravate anyone's allergies around here. However, mine still get aggravated every year whenever we bring the tree down from the attic - all that dust. :P

Kyosuke
December 15th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Fake one, thats been used years and years on end. Its easy to assemble and fits in a nice little rectangular box in the garage.

*~Ashley~*
December 15th, 2004, 05:07 PM
We use a fake one... two fake ones actually. Except this year, we only have one. We used to have a real tree in the basement and a fake one upstairs (one for my family and one for my grandmother). But now that we're older and we're mostly just getting gift cards from relatives there's no use for an extra tree. And my dad decided to start using a fake tree again last year to save time. And I like matching the colored branches to the base... but my dad did it without me this year. ;_;

TRIFORCE89
December 15th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Real. But had to be a good one. You can't go for the lowend quality real trees because they're a cheaper price. We go up in the top ranges, not the best of the best, but still up there. I love the experience of choosing the tree, and just the smell it fills your house with is ^^

*Chikorita*
December 15th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Well at my Mom's house we always use fake trees, for all the above reasons, and same for my Dad's house. But this year at my Dad's house we got a real tree. Besides the smell, I don't like it much. It sheds everywhere! XD

Suz
December 15th, 2004, 05:31 PM
real, and we usualy cut it aareselfs! ^^

AngelWolfie
December 15th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I hate fake trees...they don't feel right. I've used real trees all my life. They smell really nice and I just don't ever want to use a fake tree...

Suzu
December 15th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I like real trees, the pine-ish scent is more chistmasy, they make too much of a mess though.

Gardy
December 15th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Real ^^ it just seems right to me to have one but this year I said fake only because we couldn't find a 10 foot tree. The real one though now is really pretty and my cat like's it too so it'z perfect plua I grew up with real trees so that's how it'z gonna be.

Miyu-chan
December 15th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Real! xD I love real ones~ They just feel different. =3

Marik4me
December 15th, 2004, 06:58 PM
We used to have real ones, when I was really little, but they did make a big mess. XD And somehow, Mom tells me, we often wound up with trees that birds had used for their outhouse. Then there was the worry about fires starting. Plus, Mom's sentimental and hated having to take the tree out. XD; So we eventually got an artificial one. And we've used those kind ever since. I remember the real ones, but I'm quite partial to artificial ones after so many years.

100marios
December 15th, 2004, 07:28 PM
All natural, here! While I don't actually mind a fake Christmas tree, I still prefer real ones. Going out and buying one really gets the Christmas spirit going in the house, and seems a lot more satisfying than yanking it out of the attic, hehe. And even when they're decorated so that it becomes almost impossible to tell the difference between the two, the real one gives off a sort of soothing pine scent that a fake one could never replicate. Though it requires more attention from watering and cleaning up the needles it gives off, (We sometimes find needles we missed months after Christmas has passed, hehe) that helps so it is never forgotten. So overall, I really like real ones!

*Decorates a fake tree with tree-shaped car fresheners and inhales deeply*
...Nope!
I still don't feel it, hehe.

Kayleigh
December 15th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I love real Christmas trees, but I must admit that the fake ones are more convenient. They're also safer, which gives them a big point from my family because we've had a bad experience with a house fire... Still though, I wouldn't have a problem with using them. They're much prettier, they're fun to pick out, and they smell so nice!

But this year we're stuck with a fake one, lol. >_>; It's pretty, but I like the real ones better. My mom just wasn't too thrilled with the idea of pine needles falling all over our new carpet.

Stripes
December 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
My family uses both... The real ones I like more though.

Ninja Retsu
December 16th, 2004, 03:07 AM
I don't celebrate in Christmas but at my school,there're Christmas Trees Competition and I and my friends use fake christmas tree.

IceKitten
December 16th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Fake, my mum has one that's half the size of my sister

Claire
December 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Although real ones are prettier, fake are my choice because...
1. Real ones are difficult to decorate coz of the spiky leaves >.<
2. Real ones leave a real mess everywhere
3. Fake ones can be reused over and over ^^

IceKitten
December 16th, 2004, 04:48 AM
And small ones are easy in everything XD

jynx
December 16th, 2004, 08:01 AM
fake! There's no room in our flat.

My school has a real one though, but the one in the boarding house is fake too...:P

Mr Cat Dog
December 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Fake - we got a new one last year and it looks exactly the same as the trees you get that are real. There's less mess, it's environmentally friendly... ish, and it offers the same festivities of a real tree. Plus the real trees smell funny XD

ryan
December 16th, 2004, 08:52 AM
ya, me and a few of the other guys in my american english class vote for regular trees.

TRIFORCE89
December 16th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Although real ones are prettier, fake are my choice because...
1. Real ones are difficult to decorate coz of the spiky leaves >.<
2. Real ones leave a real mess everywhere
3. Fake ones can be reused over and over ^^
1. It depends on the type of tree. There are real ones where the needles hurt, but the ones we buy are soft.
2. Never had that problem. It justs leaves a mess when you're actually putting up, what with constantly turning to find a proper spot and all. Afterwards it shouldn't be messy if it isn't dry. Buy late, and water it everyday and it won't dry up on you.

Teara
December 16th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Real of courze! =D The pine zmell iz zo nice everytime I come downztairz. I alwayz liked going out with my ztepdad and finding the biggezt tree we could out in tree farmz. =3 Living onez juzt zeem zo much more...lively =P

I dont' zee why people have zo much trouble with the mezz, we've alwayz uzed a tree zkirt and we've never had any problem with them.

We do have a zmall fake, fiberoptic, one, but we juzt uze it for the top of the ztairz zince a real one would be impozzible to haul up all thoze ztairz o_O

The Fallen
December 16th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I have a real one,It's huge too lol.

dark_croconaw
December 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I think real ones are better. They give you that christmasy feeling, and that nice pine smell.

PGN
December 17th, 2004, 03:49 AM
I use a fake one...

There's this fake one I had for 4 years, and we're using it this year!

Kylie-chan
December 18th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Hmmm... *taps fingers on desktop in a pensive manner* We have ourselves a major dilemma here. Of course, I can never make up my mind. Here thus is the debate in my poor little brain. ^_~

REAL TREES

Good:
The challenge of balancing it all on an imperfect tree is fun.
They feel more... real, I guess. Artificial = yuk.
My house is pretty tall - the rooms that is - and a small one leaves an awfully big gap. The tall ones, are, of course, too perfect. ^^
I like the smell.

Bad:

They're bad for the environment.
They make a mess, for us anyway.
They really are a hassle getting, at least for the people I live near and with.

And the real trees are pretty and save the hassle of decorating I suppose if you get those decorated ones... but hey, we have a real tree every year. Just one little splurge every year. Although a part of me protests...

Ash_Pokemaster
December 18th, 2004, 01:24 AM
I think that Fake Trees are better! Firstly you can keep it for many years! Secondly you can assemble it and the opposite to keep it somewhere! Thirdly you can preen it as you want but the real one you can't because is more flamable! Anyway that's my opinion!

Elite Four Lance
December 18th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I use fake trees. Theyre easier to have.

Breakout
December 18th, 2004, 02:33 AM
My christmas tree is fake. I remember my Dad bought a real tree one christmas and when we got home we found a sqirrel in it.

Evenfall Dust
December 18th, 2004, 01:43 PM
OK cool ^^ i use fake tree

Pounce
December 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
My christmas tree is fake. I remember my Dad bought a real tree one christmas and when we got home we found a sqirrel in it.

OMG!! XD how cute!! I can't believe it stayed in the entire time XD

but yeah, we use real trees too. I just love the smell, and the feel, and the trip to the store to choose it... ahh it's so nice *_* pine needles shouldn't be a problem if you have a sort of cloth underneath the tree, you know.. to catch the needles... ^^;

getting a real tree doesn't harm the environment.. ^^;; these trees are grown to be cut down for christmas. it's not like you're hurting the WILD EVERGREEN TREE POPULATION. XD

espeon and umbreon
December 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
My family used to use fake one, but know they switched it to real one. I like fake one better since you don't have to water them ( is too lazy to water the trees)

mvtm
December 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Yep i had both but my mom doesnt really like natural because it dies withthin a certain period of time so we have a fake one. really big but i dont know howtall

carrielynn
December 18th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Fake. I've never been around a real Christmas tree. I'm sure I wouldn't stand for one being cut down anyway.

3 REGIS
December 18th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Fake. My cats will rip up a real one, but they still chew on the fake ones. :\

Kelsey
December 19th, 2004, 07:12 AM
We always get real Christmas trees at my house. ^_______^ I just adore going out with my family and picking the perfect tree. They smell so nice! =D
But, have you noticed that when you pick a tree at the tree lot, they look just right. But once they're in your house they look huuuuuuuge!! XD

~Kelsey

Lil' Schu
December 19th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I would use a fake one if I could choose, but I can't. ><

So my parents decide to get a real one! ^o^ I like putting the ornaments up, but I HATE taking them down. The needles get all prickly. .__. And then you step on them, and they hurt. A LOT. XD

But I think the real ones look better then the fake ones, so I do like them better =>)

coachwhipneoship
December 19th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Oh, definitely real...I love to go choose it every year...we used to have only a fake one but now we put that one in the front yard so it still feels special. :D

Greed
December 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I'm all for nice fake ones. Mostly because I am a natural lazy person and absolutely am not the type to carry a heavy thing all the way to my house. And I don't like the pine crap that gets dropped to the floor. --;

Bah.. Real trees, humbug!

*dies*