• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were to change the character voices who should voice them?

Years
  • I just want to know, if you were choosing the voice cast for the anime...

would you see Ash, his friends, rivals, Pokemon and Team Rocket with different voices?

Tell me who you'd like to see voice the characters in the anime.

I can't wait to see your answers!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I would have britney spears voice dawn, selvester Stallon voice ash, and brad pitt voice borck ........
    Spoiler:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I would use real children to voice Ash and co. (except Brock and Cilan). I think I could start liking Ash if it weren't of his voice...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I would change Cilan's voice for mine... Seriously - I'm being serious. I'm pretty much sure my voice fits well much better.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I want the 4Kids voice actors back for the old cast what is still around. /nostalgia
    And... Rachel Lillis would be Iris. Um... Cilan... I dunno, but it would be changed.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    I want the 4Kids voice actors back for the old cast what is still around. /nostalgia
    And... Rachel Lillis would be Iris. Um... Cilan... I dunno, but it would be changed.

Actual kids voiced the originals? Really? Who were they?
    Personally, I rather like them at the moment, though Ash's voice is a little grating at times...

EDIT: Wait! Now I get you, sorry. :P Forget the first question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I missed Ash's original voice. Its the best and always the best. (ATM)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Of course the original voice actors are the best. You became accustomed to their voices. If someone started watching Pokemon during the DPPt seasons, they'd prefer that voice actor over the original, because it's who they first heard as the voice of Ash and Co.

Anyway, i'd love if I could change some voice actors for an episode. I'm talking about the first season, of course. I don't watch much of the newer anime.
    Professor Oak = A slightly younger Sean Connery
    Ash = A younger Jack Nicholson (however old he was in the Shining)
    Misty = Doris Roberts (the annoying mother from Everybody Loves Raymond)
    Brock = Mr. T
    Gary Oak = That kid that voices Flapjack
    Jessie = Betty White (I don't know any women with unique voices that aren't old, lol)
    James = Jason Lee (My Name is Earl)
    Meowth = An actual cat

Back