• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gods of Animation

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
Years
  • Pixar... Since I was a kid I've always adored every movie they put out. (Except maybe Monster's Inc.) I know that I share this opinion with quite a few people, but I've found a surprising number of people who just despise everything Pixar puts out.

So... Pixar. Thoughts?

Years
  • Yes, they are the gods of (computer) animation.

Personally I'm not too fond of Cars or Ratatouille since the subject matter isn't really that interesting to me, but I still enjoyed them. Their other films and shorts are very, very, entertaining because their stories are better then 95% of all movies out there, animated or not.

The technical aspect is kind of beyond me, but seeing all the effort they put into making a movie, all the firsthand research and everything, is something I wish more movie makers would do.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • You don't like Monsters, Inc.? I've always enjoyed that movie. A good balance of humour and tugging at your heart strings.

I love Pixar. They're terrific. The whole crew just really gets animation as a medium and honour it.

The "Toy Story" series, "Up", "Monsters, Inc.", and Ratatouille are probably my favourites to come out of them. They're simply great films for everyone

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • Yeah, I didn't really care for Monster, Inc. That's not to say it was bad, it just didn't have the depth of emotion or imagination that I feel that the other Pixar movies had.

My favorite Pixar movies are the Toy Story series, Wall-E, and Up.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Wall-E is one of my favourite films ever made. Apart from that I like most Pixar films, but don't love them. Except for maybe Cars, really didn't enjoy that.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yeah, I didn't really care for Monster, Inc. That's not to say it was bad, it just didn't have the depth of emotion or imagination that I feel that the other Pixar movies had.

My favorite Pixar movies are the Toy Story series, Wall-E, and Up.
    Finding Nemo never really made a connection with me. Monsters, Inc. did. Not saying it was Up-quality, mind you, but I think it works

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Up is just hilarious. Its my favorite as well.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Pixar's movies always made me feel so warm and cozy.

Wall-E was so emotional and so heartfelt and idealistic in its presentation about an apocalyptic tale...
    Toy Story and Monster's Inc. reminded me how it felt like to be a child again...
    Finding Nemo portrayed the undying bond between father and child...

So many memories... :)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Monster's Inc was such a good movie, the concept is just hilarious by itself. I used to play the movie and just try to spot all the different monsters they designed.

Also, Pixar helped bring Spirited Away to the U.S. They supervised the dubbing mainly. Doing a good dub of a movie is hard, but they did it, so they must be God.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • WALL-E is one of my favourite films of all time. To be honest, if Pixar end up making crap like Cars 5, I'll still give them a pass for bringing WALL-E and EVE into the world... I just love that film so much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've never been fond of Pixar, not even as a child; they seem to have displaced 2D animation with what they do.
    Their productions are technically impressive, though.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Pixar is my childhood. Period. Every movie they've ever made has been nothing short of amazing (save for Cars, which was okay at best). Smart, funny, clever, original, I could probably get to the 200000 character cap just talking about how amazing they are, however, I'm not.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nemoooo. n_n

I love Pixar. I make a point to try to see everything they come up with. The only one I didn't like out of all their movies is Cars and even that... it sucks (imo) compared to the other Pixar movies but if you compare it to most of the CGI movies that've been made recently, it's still better than a lot of them. @_@;

I think my favourite movie is Finding Nemo, probably just because I love fish so much. Up is great too, but incredibly sad in that first bit for me. It aaalways makes me cry. D: Also the Toy Story movies were part of my childhood and ended on an excellent note--with Andy going off to university while I was in uni so it hit close to home. :P

I always feel bad, though. Everyone I know seemed to love WALL-E and after Cars, I'd say it's my least favourite. D: It just didn't click for me.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I always feel bad, though. Everyone I know seemed to love WALL-E and after Cars, I'd say it's my least favourite. D: It just didn't click for me.
    I loved the silent stuff in WALL-E. I could have watched that forever.

Once humans got involved, then it got boring.

It's a great film, but not one I'd watch multiple times.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I found that part a little bit boring, tbh. I guess I'm not really a fan of silent films. XD;

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Why is everybody hating on Cars? It wasn't the best but the puns and out-there connections were amusing at least.... ._.

Pixar is pretty godly in terms of animation... Their eye for detail is nigh unrivaled. And as they say, "love is in the details"

A Bug's Life, Nemo, Wall-E, Toy Story(all of them), Up (which my neice and nephew have lovingly renamed 'Kevin Bird') and Ratatouille rank among my favorite....

And I find it an amusing little fun fact to know that they used John Ratzenberger in EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE.
    If you don't believe me, here were all of his roles....

Toy Story(all of them) - Hamm the piggy Bank
    A Bug's Life - PT Flea
    Monster's Inc. - The abominable Snowman
    Finding Nemo - The school of moonfish
    Ratatouille - Mustafa the waiter
    Cars - Mack
    Wall-E - John (one of the first Humans you meet)
    Up - Tom the construction worker (The one with the megaphone)
    The Incredibles - The Underminer (The villain with the gigantihumongo drill who you see in like the VERY END of the movie)

Back