• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaked Information!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Earlier today, an image was posted on 2ch from a retailer's pre-order system showing their pre-orders. This image shows, among other games, a brand new Pokemon game for the 3DS, able to be pre-ordered from June 15th, called; Super Pokemon Scrabble presumably a sequel to the popular WiiWare game; Pokemon Rumble. At the moment this has yet to be confirmed but we do know that a new game shall be revealed in CoroCoro magazine next week, so we'll get confirmation whether or not this is real then, so keep checking back for news.

So, what do you think about this "new" Pokemon game? Do you think it's true or do you think we're being trolled? I've never played Rumble so this looks like one of those Pokemon games I'll never play. Posted this in Spin-Off's because it's a Spin-Off. Was hoping for a PMD or something...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well Rumble is actually the older PMD. If anything the grandfather of PMD. I have it for the Wii and it was originally for the N64 so it does predate PMD. Its fun and I'm hoping that this is a real game cause I beat Rumble really fast and want to play the new Unova ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I skipped Rumble, so this is just another spin off I can forget about. Though I always thought the Pokemon looked nice and cuddly, which is appealing.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    If they make a rumble game that doesn't get boring, i would maybe give it a go :)

+ We can have far higher expectations than it being just like rumble, as this is a full price rental game. It may though be unable to meet the expectations of a full priced game :l

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've played Rumble - it is good multiplayer fun so if it has nintendo wifi support on the 3DS and had all the Pokemon in it instead of just two generations it could be a neat game to get. But I winder if it'd be a downloadable game or one in stores if it is real - if the latter I'd only go for it cheaper than the usual 3DS games assuming it's similar to rumble.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I remember playing the Rumble demo with a friend. It was pretty chill but I was/am too frugal to buy the full version. Though I suppose a DS version might be kinda cool. The touch screen controls would work well with that type of gameplay.

Years
  • I'm actually sort of excited about this to be honest, I have yet to obtain a 3DS, but I never got the chance to play Rumble on the Wii, since I don't have Wi-Fi and I've always wanted to try it out. I'm hoping that the 3DS Unova version of rumble will have multi player support.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • It's confirmed!
    01.jpg

02.jpg

Can't wait, I love Wiiware Rumble :)
    Looks like it's gonna be somehow bigger game than Wiiware Rumble, it's 4800 yen (about 40€ or 60$). Gonna buy it when it comes here. It's gonna be released in Japan on July 28th.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Maybe we get 4 moves now, as the 3DS has ABXY :I

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    lol what an overpriced piece of ****

Yeah I'm gonna buy a slow-paced twin stick shooter clone for full retail price when it was a $15 download before.

I'd rather buy Smash TV.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I never played Rumble, I don't really like the idea - I think it would have been better to put it into the e-shop instead. Although I may buy it once we see more footage and if I like it.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    lol what an overpriced piece of ****

Yeah I'm gonna buy a slow-paced twin stick shooter clone for full retail price when it was a $15 download before.

I'd rather buy Smash TV.

Its not just the same game >:( It can have HUGE improvements, as its expectations rise with the price.
    How can you even think of criticizing a game (Except for its graphics) from one screenshot? If you want to play a shooter, go do that instead of trooling Rumble! >:(

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Its not just the same game >:( It can have HUGE improvements, as its expectations rise with the price.
    How can you even think of criticizing a game (Except for its graphics) from one screenshot? If you want to play a shooter, go do that instead of trooling Rumble! >:(

Must I ask you for permission to post in this topic now?

What I'm seeing is a $15 game being inflated to a full retail release with scant promise of it even being worth that much - it's already debatable if the first game was worth that price in the first place. We can see the graphics are the same mediocre models based on the My Pokémon Ranch style (The Toy Pokémon crap a quick excuse for this [Who really wants to play a game as a wind-up Pokémon toy when people have been asking for a proper Pokémon action game for years?]) which is especially disappointing when a free application just released has far better quality Pokémon graphics.

Unless they fix up the gameplay and content in this game (Make the game play at a greater pace than a tranquillised snail and give it enough replay value to be worth the price tag) it's a completely extortionate attempt to squeeze some quick money by making a game that doesn't compare to its contemporaries in the genre but has a bunch of cartoon characters in it.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I'm... personally not too interested in this. I got Rumble on WiiWare when it came out, and while it was fun, I found myself forgetting about it a few weeks later.

If they do plan on stamping full price on this, they need to clean up a few things to make it worth the price, since £35 on a title they could have made 3DS Ware and sold for cheaper isn't going to wash well.

But looking at the fact that it is coming out as a game, rather than an e-shop title makes me wonder if they have taken into consideration the things that would need to be cleaned up. I'm quite interested in seeing what comes from this, but knowing that it is related to Rumble, I'm going to watch it with reserved interest; I'm not expecting anything big from it, given its premise.

One thing that would be pretty cool is if it utilised Augmented Reality to create custom stages for players to fight certain Pokemon on, based on where they are playing. Online play is also a must, though with it coming out on the 3DS, and being a multiplayer game, I'd be extremely astonished if it didn't have online play.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I must admit I am surprised at it being a retail store game rather than a 3DSWare game... well as said I'll wait and see what it actually has in terms of features (wifi support, what Pokemon are actually available, etc). Certainly though the graphics seem very similar compared to Rumble though and given the free pokedex download's graphics in comparision as mentioned... I wonder exactly what is in it that'd possibly explain the price tag there.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If it were for the normal DS it would have prolly been $20-$25, though I haven't seen the American pricing for it yet. I'm assuming its $35 and just subtracting $10-$15 like the other Titles that appear for both the DS and 3DS.

Reason for the $10-$15 hike: Production. It cost more to make a game for the 3DS so they are upping the sales to make up for the cost of production.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • That's the new game? Wow, that's disappointing. I was expecting something major like an announcement for a third version for Black and White or R/S remakes, but I guess that's to be expected for getting my hopes up.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • rumble is alright, just I imagine how a full-blown pokemon game would be in that gameplay style.
    What if pokemon some day quits being a turn-based game?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's the new game? Wow, that's disappointing. I was expecting something major like an announcement for a third version for Black and White or R/S remakes, but I guess that's to be expected for getting my hopes up.

Wait another 4 to 6 more months THEN we'll start hearing things about either a Third or a remake.

rumble is alright, just I imagine how a full-blown pokemon game would be in that gameplay style.
    What if pokemon some day quits being a turn-based game?

Will never happen >> Even PMD which is basically a remastered version of Rumble was still turned based.

This was the first non-turn based Pokemon game that had actual battling and it did so poorly that i don't think it left Japan until the Wii put it up in its store. Non-Turn styled battle just isn't very Pokemonish. Along with us never getting a main game for the home console, I think this is possibly the only other solid never gunna happen fact.

I'm liking some of the new features like the mass rumble to battle the other Pokemon you found. Its is sorta like the Free for all rumble matches to go up a stage from the Wii one. I really can't wait for it to come out.

Back