PDA

View Full Version : [HGSS] a little bit of help on team pls.

7Mufasa7
July 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
So im new to SS and forum, but not to pokemon (up to 3rd gen and half of 4th gen i kno)

im trying to make a team for competitive play + get me through the game.

i just got the 8th badge and im on my way to the E4.

my current team is:

Gyradados Lv.34
-Bite
-Dragon Rage
-Surf
-Ice Fang

Fortretress Lv.34
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Payback
-Bug Bite

Typhlosion Lv.36
-Swift
-Lava Plume
-Flame Wheel
-(no 4th move)

Kangaskhan Lv.26 (in training.)
-Dizzy Punch
-Fake Out
-Strength
-Bite

And the other 2 i was thinking on getting a Dragonair and Umbreon. (dont have them yet)

or i also have a Ampharos Lv31 and Slowpoke Lv.30 (slowbro in 7 lvs)

just need help on who to get for my last 2 pokemon.

also thinking on switching gyarados for vaporeon.

thanks.

RainbowTreecko
July 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Gyarados with Earthquake, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, and Dragon Dance is just absolute brilliance, it was a key player in my team for beating SS/HG.

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about Foretress, but that looks like a pretty good setup to me. I think most people usually replace bug Bite with Gyro Ball, as Foretress' low speed just owns when combined with gyro ball.

Typhlosion...always bugged me how it has such a tiny movepool, but it's just so cool I couldn't resist it as a starter. Flamethrower is better than Lava Plume when you get access to it, Eruption is also extremely useful seeing as Typhlosion is such a glass cannon. Pretty much the only other decent move it learns is Hidden Power, and Focus Blast. I really wouldn't use this guy competetively, but for beating the game, he's fine.

I can see Substitute and Focus Punch working pretty well on Kangaskhan, but since I've never used her the only solid advice I can give is definitely get rid of Strength once she gets access to better moves, like the ever-useful Sucker Punch. Return is far better than any other normal type STAB move I can think of, once her friendship is maxed out that is. Drain Punch would be a reliable way to recover HP, especially considering Scrappy. She has such a jaw dropping movepool that the possibilities are nearly limitless.

Whew, exhausted myself, I may come back later to think on those other two Pokemon.

smurf
July 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM
u got a great ground to start on but u need time and knowledge if u want some further advice pm me

p3ndu1um
July 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Maybe you could teach Typhlosion Sunny Day, which will power up its Fire attacks.

Ampharos is a great pokemon to have for against the E4as its Special Attack and attack are very high. I've never used Kangaskhan, but I do recommend getting a Miltank a very defensive pokemon. Once you get it to learn Zen Headbutt and versed a few Fighting types your Miltank will be ready to defeat both Koga and Bruno

7Mufasa7
July 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
thanks for all the advice guys,

ive been doing a little research and i figured out how i was gonna build me team.
pls rate and tell me if this is good/bad

Tentacruel
-Poison Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam or Barrier
-Surf

Umbreon
-Dark Pulse
-Moonlight
-Pursuit
-Toxic

Typhlosion (my pride and joy)
-Sunny Day
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam

Magneton
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-(need a forth)

Kangaskhan
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Brick Break
-Substitute

Gallade
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade or Night Slash

ps. thanks to typhlosion and lugia (dont like using ubers but it was a must this time) im beating the E4. just got Lance left.