• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] [Creepy] Blood Red Ruby

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
  • Back when I was 7 or 8, I was ecstatic for the new release of the GBA Games: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I was earning only about £1 a week, but my birthday was coming up and I was excited to get enough money to buy the game. Unfortunately, everywhere sold out when my birthday came around. Ruby and Sapphire couldn't be purchased. (We did not have internet at the time) I remembered, I cried for days. My mum (My dad lives away) comforted me and boy, was she sorry for not getting the game. Later, after about 50 presents, she earned my forgiveness.

The following saturday, about a month after the release now, I went to my local game shop. It wasn't a fake one which sells nothing but bootlegs, but they did have a part-exchange program where you sell your goods to them and they give you discounts on other games depending on how much you gave them was worth. I never used this program as I loved all my games back in the day. I scanned every shelf for the games, and eventually, I found it. At the top for £25. Pokemon Ruby. I grabbed my mums arm to get her attention and pointed to the Pokemon Ruby game after remarking: "I want that one!"

My mother told me that it would be fine to purchase that game, but she previously saw the exact same game, pre-owned for about £10 less. She took me to where she found it. Same game, same design, box was a little dented and it had the unmistakable Pre-Owned orange sticker on it. My mother told me I would have money left over to buy another game some other time if I was to buy the pre-owned version. I agreed, and we purchased the game. Throughout the rest of our trip to town, my mother, looking through all the clothes stores and boutiques would leave me by the entrance, I spent the entire time looking at the screenshots on the back, and reading the blurb of the box over and over. It got me more excited, and I would often hurry my mother, as she would always spot something she liked the look of on the way out.

Later that afternoon, we arrived home. I rushed to the nearest living room sofa, dropped the box onto a seat, and hurried up the stairs, burst into my bedroom, grabbed my Game Boy Advance and rushed downstairs. I savagely opened the box, almost tearing it, so my mother told me to be careful, so she opened the rest for me. I grabbed the cartridge, and shoved it into the game slot of my Game Boy Advance. I took no time to read the manual, as I was already familiar with the controls of the game. The game boy introduction screen showed, followed by the (C) 2003 Nintendo screen. The game freak screen showed also. I skipped straight past it, as I was not interested in the starting video at the time. The menu screen showed. The previous player had save data on the game. However, something was off. The CONTINUE screen showed the player's name: ..?
    The Badges were, unbelieveably: 8 I thought this impossible however, because the play-time was: 0:00. I wondered if this was a simple glitch, but upon continuing, I started in the player's bedroom. Something was still wrong. There was no music, I did not think this unusual at the time. I walked around a bit. The computer on the desk had no script. Upon pressing A, the screen would not light up, but a text box would come with: ... after hearing a loud (as there was no music) A-button-pressed-sound. The beep, mysteriously sounded creepier, when there was no music.

I interacted with the bookshelf. No script whatsoever. The simple A button sound was heard again, however. I had enough. I went downstairs. Mum wasn't home. The house still had no music. I interacted with the dishes and cases. No scripts. I say that though, but the final one I pressed had a script that said: ... ... ... stop...
    It wasn't well done, as there was no spaces inbetween stop and ... and the stop did not have a capital letter. This was stupid, but upon closing the script, Brendan's, or should I say, ...?'s hair was dyed red. I thought this was goofy, but when I stepped outside, I was not in Littleroot Town.

Ok, I was... but, the hacker for this game must have darkened it completely. You could barely see. No music, still. Your house was the only one in the town. It was hacked the the center. No signposts. No doors. No people. Just the house, grass, and the border block. I walked out into the first route. No music. Still, there was 1 spot of wild grass, and, interested, I walked in and out of it until I found a Pokemon. Missingno. I sent out my ? level 0, and ran away, because, at the time, I did not know who or what MissingNo was. I walked straight up, into what would be Oldale Town. Another sign or poor hacks. The weather was rain and thunder, the place was still dark. No way out either, there was an invisible thing blocking the way. No scripts. A simple door, what you would find on an average house, was in the middle of the town. No house. Just the door. I went inside.

If you guys have ever hacked a game with advance map, and you change a tileset, and you pick the wrong one, and you just get a bunch of nonsense tiles. Like, all purple ones, or a black block with some blue and green to one side. The room was full with these. I was walking on a purple mess. There were black blocks with Blue and green to the side, however, they were put to form a path. You could not walk on them. I followed the purple path, and the sealed chamber promptly started. Now me, being 7 or 8, this truly frightened me. I kept walking forward, even though I didn't want to. I finally reached the end of the 'path'. It was a braille rock. I did not know what braille was at the time, so I looked at my manual, confused, and both scared. I looked up the braille in the back, and, one-by-one, worked out what each braille symbol read. It read: Your hair. It is blood. The blood of jesus christ. You are nothing. As are your kin, and your kin before them. Take heed. Spread the word of the orange volunteers. After reading this a fifth time, the game controlled itself. Your character walked down the path, the music still playing. But, the sprite changed. A small line of red, the same colour as your character's hair, ran down, covered his forehead, past his eyes, and his mouth, and the drip dissapeared, however, it left a trail behind. Another drip fell. Your character begun to blink after another one fell in his eyes. Your character then looked around, forwards, backwards, left then right. The game cut to black. The frigtening music was still playing. I pressed every single button I could. Nothing.

I turned the game boy off. I ran Ruby again, and begun a new game. Everything was back to normal. Everything was alright. But still. That game will stay in my memory forever.

I have something to admit. 2 years ago, I looked up the orange volunteers. I read what they had to say. I agreed with it. I loved it. I became a member.

I killed my mother. I stabbed her with the sharpest knife I could find. I left her bloodied body there. And stepped outside. The fresh air felt nice, but I had more work to do. I went to my local chruch. A mass was happening right now. I burst into it, my knife in hand, and a smiled as I 'hugged' the vicar. My knife slipped straight into his heart, shocked, he fell, on his knees to the gound. I smiled and faced the crowd of shocked people as a scream was heard. The rest of the people began screaming. I enjoyed it, proud of what I did. The crowd rushed to the door, and escaped.

I'm 16 now. I've been arrested. I'm doing life for murder. If you ever find that game. If you ever fall victim to it. Please. Do NOT spread the word. Leave the game. Carry on with your life. Please.

This is my suicide note. I cannot repay god for what I did. I can never... repay him...

I am nothing. As are my kin.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I liked how this started.
    However as soon as you said 'hacker' I stopped reading.

Back