• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happens after you die?

Years
  • There's many theories and beliefs about the events that take place after you pass away, perhaps you have some of your own. Just two questions here, but they're pretty sizable.

>What happens after you [or anyone else] passes away? Why exactly do you think this is so?

Years
  • In a personal and meaningful way I don't think anything happens. I think you just die and that's it.

I'm not religious so I don't have any reason to believe in one of the religious based afterlife/reincarnation ideas. Would like to believe, so I'd know I'm not just going to snuff it and be erased for existence, but I still can't get myself to believe without some proof.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I believe that we'll either have a second life/after life or we will go to Heaven or Hell.
    I've always believed this might happen, being a Christian and all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Among other things, I believe in spirits and souls, in which play a large part in my after-death beliefs. Spirits, typically, live on until they reach a state of pure wisdom from life experiences from all of the lives it has lived. Some people have old spirits, some have new. The ones that reach a state of pure wisdom harbor with other spirits while the ones that do not, or are close, enter the body of the first newborn birthed immediately after your death. As for what you feel, you fall into a never-ending dream-like state, in-which you dream of the life your released spirit is living.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Nothing? Something? I don't know. I don't really give it much thought. I'd rather concentrate on the here-and-now and not worry about what comes afterwards.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Nothing? Something? I don't know. I don't really give it much thought. I'd rather concentrate on the here-and-now and not worry about what comes afterwards.

This, pretty much, though I do think about it from time to time.

I'm not particularly religious at all so I'm not stuck with any one belief but most of my thoughts on the topic tended towards reincarnation of some kind. Specifics? None really. To be honest, my thoughts are probably best summed up with: "Whatever happens, happens."

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Nothing? Something? I don't know. I don't really give it much thought. I'd rather concentrate on the here-and-now and not worry about what comes afterwards.

This, pretty much. I don't know and I'm not gonna dwell on it. I've got a whole life ahead of me to worry about.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I always ask myself the question, but what I'm hoping is that when someone dies, they get reincarnated. I'm not religious or anything btw.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Hm, interesting one. I'm not religious so I don't believe in the idea of Heaven or Hell. I think that when you die, you come back as something else but you don't know it. I don't think that a 'spirit' or anything is preserved (although I do believe that they exist which is kinda self-contradictory), but I think that the spirit can in some cases carry on existing, meaning that when someone dies part of them goes on to exist as something else and another part of them continues existing as itself.

Why do I believe this? No idea whatsoever. I believe I have had experience with something which you could call a 'spirit' I guess, so that's where the spirit belief comes from, but the coming back as something else part is based off absolutely nothing. Sue me.

...if that makes any sense at all. Idk it works in my head, lol.

Back