• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fire Blast or Fire Fang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • I am sure the title Kinda mislead you. Anyway, here is the details. I play B/W and I have this Garchomp. Generally, Garchomp's SP.ATTK is Lower than its ATTK. So if I teach him Fire Blast (which I did), it wont be as effective as a physical attack. However if I teach him the physical Fire Fang, I don't know what difference it could make since Fire Fang Base power isn't as Fire Blast.

This is his Stats at lvl 65: HP:227
    Attack:213
    Defense: 135
    Sp Attack: 138 ( see the difference?)
    Sp Defense: 118
    Speed: 192
    His nature is hasty BTW....so what move

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    I believe Fire Fang would be a better choice because of the huge stat difference, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there would be.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Use Fire Fang on Swords Dance sets, otherwise Fire Blast will outdamage it since its main targets will be stuff with lower special defense anyway, such as Skarmory.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi, ask future competitive-based/strategy-based questions here, thanks.
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back