• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Changing thread titles?

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Is it possible to edit the title of a thread you started, and have it show up on the forum page with that new title?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Within the first fifteen minutes, I believe if you go to advanced edit, you can change the thread title, but after those fifteen minutes, your only way of changing the title is by requesting it from a staff member. You can change the thread title any time you want after those fifteen minutes, but it'll only change your post title; not the title of the thread. Unless I'm mistaken... it's been a while since I could check that.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • How come it has to be within 15 minutes? Couldn't we just be allowed to change the titles whenever we want?

Years
  • How come it has to be within 15 minutes? Couldn't we just be allowed to change the titles whenever we want?

I imagen because it will become confusing for members if threads that they have a existing discussion in, has its thread name changed constantly. Of course, that is an extreme example, but it can happen.​

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Okay, just making sure I wasn't missing anything totally obvious.

Years
  • If not, then you can always just PM the moderator of the section it's in, and they'll change it for you. As for the 15 minute thing, I've never heard of it. o_0

Back