PDA

View Full Version : Judging you

Mariah Carey
August 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Do you judge people? Well, to phrase the question better, do you consciously judge people?

Yes, I do. If I don't like something about a person, I'm going to judge it. Whether that makes me a shallow/bad person, it doesn't really matter to me. Some people could argue that "we should only leave judging up to GOD AND GOD ONLY rah rah ROSARY BEADS", which is fine if you're into that, but I believe that I should be able express my opinion about something a person does/looks like. There is such a thing as keeping your opinions to yourself, of course. I need to get a hold on that, I believe I need to hold in my judgmental thoughts at times and control my big mouth.
So, what about you?

Arago
August 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I don't judge, but I will openly state observations that I make. A lot of people assume that I'm judging them when I do so.

Katholic Nun
August 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I try not to judge but sometimes people make it very difficult. And when I do judge, it's based on the things people do and not who/what they are.

Melody
August 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I make observations and analysis but judging them by those alone? No, I try not to. I try to take into account other factors as well. When there is a vacuum of data I remain indifferent. If I know enough to allow an emotional factor into the analysis, then I'm usually careful about that.

Still, I am empathic to some degree...though online it's harder to read.

No "judgement" is final nor is it really a "Judgement" in the Webster's sense of the word. It is more of a record of what has been done and said, and my reactions to them. I can forgive quite easily, but it takes much longer for me to forget something ever happened.

Kevin
August 6th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Um, I try not to judge people but I sometimes judge them anyway. I don't want to be judgmental, though.

Captain Hobo.
August 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, I do judge people, but I shouldn't really do it.

PlatinumDude
August 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I try not to judge people when I first see them, but sometimes I end up doing it regardless.

Cassino
August 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I believe that prejudice serves a valid social function in humans. I do judge others to the point of deciding whether to associate with someone or not; it's for my perceived safety, little more.

Sora
August 7th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I judge people. but, I'm not seriously judging them. I like to consider it as just looking at the person and thinking who they might be, as it tends to be people I don't know. As for people I do know I try not to judge them, but sometimes people's actions make it hard not to, tbqh. When it judge someone more seriously I tend to keep it to myself, instead of broadcasting it around my friends (or rather, my sister really).

Kroso
August 7th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I'm not the judging type,but when someone get's me raged,then I start judging people for no reasons,though it's fun,lol.

metalheadtomboy
August 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
It's human nature to judge others around you.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
It's human nature to judge others around you.

I say this to everyone all the time, I bet not one person can sit up here and tell me that they have never judged someone before in their lives because they will be in fact lying

:t354:TG

Jak
August 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I was always taught not to, but it still happens. It's inevitable, and like previously stated, human nature. I usually try to stop if I catch myself doing it though. Cause I know I wouldn't wanna be judged by another person, when they're probably, if not most definitely, wrong.

Jude Mathis
August 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know what it is, but I hardly ever judge people. The way they act, the way they look, I see people as being on equal levels, and so I never really blink an eye over looks or actions, etc. If they're rude or whatever, I just figure maybe they're having a bad day, and they probably don't wanna be judged off that.

I really only judge if something is really extreme / out of the norm with someone, and even then it might just catch my attention, and cause no harsh thoughts. :/

Granted, I'm weird, and most people judge and I'm sure I get judged on a daily basis as well, though I don't really care.

G.U.Y.
August 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnw5byjxjt1qbpemeo1_r1_500.gif

I try not to judge people but sometimes I do anyways - usually I catch myself and stop.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I don't really judge anymore, however, I will state what I feel about the person if someone else doesn't.

tandyboy97
August 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
i try not to judge people until i get to know them

Pokemon Trainer Touko
August 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I judge people even though I know I'm not supposed to. o.o

QuilavaKing
August 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I've never really noticed before... I might say stuff like "He looked better before he cut his hair." to myself, but I dunno if that really counts. I don't pay that much attention to begin with. lol

Mr Cat Dog
August 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
As weird as this is going to sound, I have a hard time judging people. Whether this is a good thing or not, I'm really accepting of people I tend to meet, even when it's obvious to everyone around me that there's something not quite right with them. People have to do some nasty stuff for me to start judging them.

The ironic thing is that my parents said I had very little empathy when I was growing up! HA!

Sammi
August 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Anyway, this is Poll of the Week!

*stickies*

(remind me to give me your emblem later because it's bedtime for me...)

Freedom Fighter N
August 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
A small observation of someone's behavior is more than enough to decide if that person is even worth to be looked upon.

Chikara
August 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM
I shouldn't, but I do. I'll never say what I think aloud though; gossiping is for the boring. I pretty much just wait for the person to prove me wrong, which they normally do haha.

marz
August 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I generally do judge people from the very first things I see about them/the first few things I hear them say. But I'll ignore my judgements until I get to know that person better, because in time they will do one of two things: either prove my judgement wrong, or prove it right.

After I get to know the person, I'll see whether or not I actually like their company. Most people I do get along with because I'm not inherently hostile, but certain types of people get on my nerves and, inevitably, I will start disliking them. I don't think I'm much different from most people.

Galukxy
August 15th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I try not to judge people, until I get to know them.

Ursula
August 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Oh, God yes. I am one of the most judgmental people I know.
I can't help myself. You see a person, observe their traits, and assumptions are ~made~. It just kinda happens, really.
Most people make some sort of judgment, so to say that they don't at all is just bogus tbqh. Observing is a form of judgment.
..And, imo, there's nothing wrong with judging people..as long as you don't try to instigate something like i do.

Blue Nocturne
August 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I almost instantly start judging someone from the second I meet them. I don't act on them and treat them differently though, I've started setting up assumptions almost purely for the enjoyment of being surprised!.. or the satisfaction of being right!

King Gumball
August 16th, 2011, 10:10 PM
The answers in this thread have officially made me way more self conscious....... );

Yes I make judgements about everyone I see basically depending on what they look like and how they are dressed, and how they smell (no i dont go around sniffing people). I don't say like "he's obese, I don't like him". idk judging people I think is natural and something that you cannot help sometimes. I will usually talk to people who, from what I can see, look like a cool person.

I try not to judge too much, because most of the time it is nasty thoughts, and then I think that there are probably a hundred other people thinking negative things about me at this exact time, which I wouldn't like.