• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if Ash's Gible evolve into Garchomp?

Years
  • What will happen to Ash?Will he become a Pokemon League Champion?Will his Garchomp keep staying with him until the next episode?Will Ash be a more decent Trainer?

Well,in my opinion,he might be a better trainer,but still sucks at commanding his Pokemon... :P

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Ash will be the champion but he is still a twerp.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Well, I believe here comes the problem, if Ash's Gible fully evolve to Garchomp, the writers will have a hard time making Ash lose with such pokemon. I don't know if they really still want to force Ash to lose but if they did, its gonna be hard with Garchomp and thats why I believe its not gonna happen until they progress with Ash's Skills.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ash doesn't suck at giving commands to his Pokemon, he just needs to learn how to command them properly.

Anyway, I think that Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would be hilarious because I can imagine some scenes of Garchomp showing its behavior as Gible (biting things, being slow to understand the situation).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • What will happen to Ash?
    He will keep traveling the various regions, getting the badges and finally going to the Pokemon league

Will he become a Pokemon League Champion?
    There is a good possibility that he can become one again

Will his Garchomp keep staying with him until the next episode?
    Probably not, he left Sceptile and his other fully evolved Pokemon at Professor Oak's lab

Will Ash be a more decent Trainer?
    Yes and no. He will have more powerful Pokemon but it doesn't mean that he will take advantage of that and use them

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Garchomp would be a good match for him, actually. He's really good at commanding Pokemon that are fast and strike hard, as we have seen in Charizard, Sceptile, Pikachu, etc. With that, his team would be a full powerhouse, so it is highly likely that he would finally win a league.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • What will happen to Ash?Will he become a Pokemon League Champion?Will his Garchomp keep staying with him until the next episode?Will Ash be a more decent Trainer?

Well,in my opinion,he might be a better trainer,but still sucks at commanding his Pokemon... :P
    He will be the League champ when the writers decide they don't feel like throwing Trollbias like characters in, that have legendaries like they are going out of style. I am not sure what you mean with the next question, if you are asking will Ash keep it on his team through his travels no. And I don't see how having a pokemon evolve hinges on his abilities, it just means he has a stronger pokemon, it's not like intellect will magically improves cause he had a pokemon evolve.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I thought of this possibility and I came to this conclussion:
    If Gible were to evolve then it would really put Satoshi into advantage and he might even have won the Sinnoh League... though beating Takuto would be still tough even with Garchomp :D
    And if Satoshi had Garchomp he would have left it with Oak anyways... he already did it with all the powerhouses he had =)
    But I somehow knew that Gible won't evolve... We have seen Shirona's Garchomp lots of times so Garchomp would have too much cameos :D
    I kinda thought that Gible would come with Satoshi to Isshu where it could evolve...
    So in my opinion writers are leaving space for Gible to return and evolve later just like they did it with Cyndaquil =)

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    If he had Garchomp he'd be unstopple and he'd win the championship, thus fulfilling his dream so that means new protagionist......wait..new protagionist? MAKE HIM GET A GARCHOMP!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I don't think it will, because they would have to bring back Gible for a substantial time for it to evolve twice, and I don't think the writers will now the focus is off Gen 4.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Garchomp doesn't mean he automatically wins. If his strategy if off he'll lose. I don't get the point of this topic.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    this is another one of those what if moments but heres the thing gible was in the last season and they wont bring him back unless its in the leauge tournement and even the it wont evolve twice thats just something the writers wont do i promise u that. soo yes it would be cool if ash did have grachomp but it wont happen not in this season anyway

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Ash had a Gible??? What happened during the second half of sinnoh saga? I missed like everything there :sleeping:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Garchomp doesn't mean he automatically wins. If his strategy if off he'll lose. I don't get the point of this topic.
    I am not sure, but I think the point was the topic creator was trying to draw a correlation with Gible evolving to it's final form and then Ash in turns has much success which leads to a league victory. At like you pretty much said if he doesn't use his head he can lose regardless of how strong his pokemon are. I don't really think Garchomp evolving would play much bearing on victory as much as say Ash progression as a character and not reverting to a fool that throws pokeballs at non weakened pokemon.

Ash had a Gible??? What happened during the second half of sinnoh saga? I missed like everything there :sleeping:
    Yeah he captured Gible in DP157 Gotta Get a Gible! Then followed up by using it against Barry.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Yes, ash may become the champion but his lack of usual strategy will be his undoing, like many trainers before him. And ash's gible will eventually evovle.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I guess I can add in a few points to this topic now, though there probably is already enough.

First of all, I don't see why Gible or any of Ash's other Pokémon can't evolve at some stage, I mean just take a look at Quilava - a lot of people doubted it would ever evolve or be used again. And theres even Phanpy, which I think is a great example because like Gible, Phanpy was obtained (and well, hatched) near the end of Ash's Journey. Ash decided to let Phanpy go along with him to the Battle Frontier, and it eventually evolved. So yeah, I don't see why he couldn't take Gible along with him and see it evolve. Ash hasn't had another Dragon type, so if it did evolve - it probably would be a very big powerhouse.

But you know what - Garchomp, in my opinion, as a powerhouse doesn't really suit Ash. I just thought of this, but I think if he ever showed Gible to Iris she would want to trade. Just sayin'.

Back