PDA

View Full Version : Anime Change

punkie90
November 28th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Okay this is not a hate thread for the animes you don't like! It's simply a thread wher eyou will talk about the things that are in some animes that you want to change! First oine I would chose is Poke'mon! I like it but the show needs to change a little!

First of all, it needs to be pointed towards a older age group. Thew way they could do that is to make them be a little like the real world! Mot always everything happining so perfect!

And second, they need to make a little better story's. Like some are so wierd. They need to make them more like pokemon movies 1 and 2!

Greed
December 19th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Pokemon definetely needs to change.. Its so childish I throw something every day at the TV >_<;;

They should make it a bit more like Yu-Gi-Oh in my humble opinion ^^

*gets killed by cards*

Kairi
December 19th, 2003, 02:51 PM
This seems like its about the Pokmon anim. *move*

Cosmos
December 19th, 2003, 03:48 PM
I agree, they need to change Pokemon a bit. They should stop creating more filler eps especially those Brock drooling over a "pretty girl" eps

orange*berry
December 19th, 2003, 04:16 PM
It's changed drastically since the 6th season. But it's pretty much the same concept... It's not nearly as enojyable as it was the first two seasons. ()

oni flygon
December 19th, 2003, 04:25 PM
I agree with everybody. The plot's also an overkill...

Ash meets a new Pokemon, TR wants to steal it, Pikachu thunder Bolts them away. The End.

>.< It's very very stereotyped...

punkie90
December 19th, 2003, 04:39 PM
I know. It would be great to have more action. And to have other ways to battle. Like in yugioh, the created the deul disks, and the other stuff.

Sayuri no Hoshi
December 19th, 2003, 04:53 PM
I know. It would be great to have more action. And to have other ways to battle. Like in yugioh, the created the deul disks, and the other stuff.

Yeah, it definitely should, punkie90. Everyone pretty much said what I would've said about changes in the anime and I'm glad we've pointed that out. I also hate how most of the trainers act so dumb about a LOT of things. Well, gee, if May was going to get her starter Pokemon, she could've at least prepared and have some basic knowledge on Pokemon before setting off. Yeah, I know she wasn't fond of them in the beginning, but really. I mean, at least Ash knew which Pokemon he wanted to pick and what attacks it may have had when he started his old-school journey in Kanto. Bottom line: THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO NAIVE. Somebody should've thought of better plotlines as well, because it seems as if every episode is 150% predictable. It's things like these that miff me all too easy...^^;; I'll probably have some other change I want to rant about later.

punkie90
December 19th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I know. Most of the episodes are predictable. I'm so bored of the show now adasy I don't watch it!

Timbjerr
December 19th, 2003, 07:23 PM
I believe pokmon's anime is geared too much at younger kids...it needs a bit of a darker element...like Yu-gi-oh does!

and every scene has to have thunderstorm in the background XD

Rift
December 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM
ya i agree tmbjr! thunderstorm in the backgro- *gets struck by lightning* ne...nevermind...i cant fell my lungs... well it would be cool to have more special events...like have all the Regis attack the team in like 5 straight episodes! :D

Roxas
December 19th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Pokemon does need to change. Every single day is TR steals pokemon, Ash uses pikachu or tailow(in AG) to pop the balloon, ash saves pokemon, TR blasts off again :laugh: .

i see alot of people say that it should be more like Yu-Gi-Oh! and it's true. but sometimes Yu-Gi-Oh! is worse than pokemon. C'mon! Kaiba tries to beet up people by throwing his Blue Eyes White Dragon Card :laugh: . i allways bust out laughing when he does that :laugh: !

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 07:22 AM
I know. Me and my friend where makin fun of him. But anyway. I think pokemon should have more drama in it. Like a poketrainer dies or something...

Kayleigh
December 20th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Well, right now I'm fine with the Anim. I could think of a few things that I would change, but overall I prefer it to be more of a happy-type TV show. Yu-gi-oh can get a bit too dark and gloomy for me. >_<;; Pokmon's just a good show that teaches people who watch it a lot of nice things like friendship, caring, teamwork, and other stuff. o.o *runs away before she gets attacked*

oni flygon
December 20th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Whenever everyone wants to sea a slightly darker element (Pokemon getting killed, Arboks sliced in half, demonically insane enemies) Why don't we just turn Pokemon Special into an anime XD ...
(J/K)

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Well. I gyuess. As long as it brings more joy! And adventure.

oni flygon
December 20th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Joy of Pokemon Special? I'll describe it...
A trainer and his rivals - A serious kid and a sassy gal. A trainer mistaken for a boy with psychic powers - the only key from preventing destruction to mankind. A reckless boy with one mission and his rival with a forgotten past. A new trainer that brings dawn from darkness. A boy that cares for a friend - chased around by his abusive father. And the wild child that roams the vast Hoenn...

That's Special XD

igtica
December 20th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I realise pokmon does repeat itself a fai amount, but series 6 has changed. I really love watching the anime, and i sometimes think i know what's going to happen, but everything changes. i think it's unfair to suggest its always the same,and without TR just showing up for a split second, it would break the tradition created. Think of episodes like 'Bulbasaur the Ambassador' were really special. Though I'm not sure if I'd have watched if I'd known the near death experience was going to occur. Though I really enjoyed the lil Shroomish ep. They were cute. I guess by making them the others more relaxed the shocking eps seem more...well shocking :P

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Well, It's just something about me. I don't really care for the show that much.. Because I have missed at least 4 seasons of it!And it's just the same. Ash hasn't grown up!

oni flygon
December 20th, 2003, 03:15 PM
nope, he hasn't grown up alright... and that adds to the stereotypism :P
*tries not to add more stuff about the manga XD*

Raichu_tamer
December 20th, 2003, 08:43 PM
I think there should be a new cast… Some of the role plays have a much more interesting cast, and feelings towards each member of the group are always changing! Check out pokemon dimension, there are a few many characters, and the plot is only a bit different from the regular show, but it’s the remorable characters that are filled with personality, that make it so pleasant.

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 09:52 PM
I wish that there was mmore technology.. lik diffrent pokeballs and such!

orange*berry
December 21st, 2003, 03:42 AM
I believe pokmon's anime is geared too much at younger kids...it needs a bit of a darker element...like Yu-gi-oh does!

and every scene has to have thunderstorm in the background XD

Naww. It needs to be geared more towards girls! More magical, cute and romantic! *Is whacked* Owwie! ;_; Why not turn Pocket Monsters Pipipi or Chamo Chamo Pretty into an anime? Oooor... have a magic girl-themed Pokemon anime! n.n-

I dream too much... *sigh*

Unown_
December 22nd, 2003, 05:09 AM
Like many others here I too agree that the Pokmon serie need to change a bit. (There may be some spoilers up ahead that I'm use to compair things so I'm giving this warning now)

Pokmon doesn't really have to be something like Yu-Gi-Oh!. If more episodes were like the Lugia saga during the start of the Master Quest or like the Mirrage story (episode 54 and 55 of Advanced Generation) I would be more than satisfied. These two are IMO entirely different from any average Pokmon episode:

Ash and his friends aren't unbeatable
I've noticed that Ash is practically unbeatable outside a gym- and leaguebattle. During the Lugia and Mirrage episodes Ash and his friends are not. They have a tough time standing their ground and the battles are more intense than in an average episode.

Ash's friends aren't just hanging around
In the Mirrage episodes Ash isn't the only who does all the battling. May, Misty and Brock are helping too.

The villian(s) are not some clumsy
This is what in an average episode really is missing. During the first 14 episodes (or so) of the indigo season, Jesse and James look (and act) a lot more evil than they are now. Back than I consider them more a thread to Ash and his friends than today. For those who saw Hoso Special 10, Jesse and James got that tough look back from those 14 episode. Even though that special was one big flashback, I think it fits them well.

The episodes are linked
After seeing the first episodes of the Lugia and Mirrage saga I was really looking forward to see the next week episode. It would keep ppl motivated to watch.
Having filler episode cannot be avoided. I've noticed that Advanced Generation is using Pokemon Contests and Team Magma/Aqua to cut down on the number of fillers.

If the Pokemon anime serie would be something like the Hoso specials, the movie, the Lugia saga or the Mirrage saga it would be a big improvement.

Wow, this has to be the longest post I've ever wrote.

punkie90
December 22nd, 2003, 05:16 AM
Everything you said is true. But the thing is, that everyone wants pokemon towards there age group or likings. So It's playwrigh will always be debated!

Arore
December 22nd, 2003, 06:12 AM
Pokemon seriously needs to change with all its cutesy-stuff. I mean, I know it's for kids, but do they have to toss in a moral for every episode? The thing that always annoyed me was the fact that Team Rocket appeared in every conceivable episode, and Ash always beat them. Ash beat everyone! Wasn't there one time in his life where he ever lost?! AGH! Oh, yes, and he should evolve his Pokemon. I have absolutely nothing against Bulbasaur, but Squirtle is getting annoying. He always catches the worst Pokemon, too, and it makes me so mad. And, also, they so need to change that theme song! It is getting annoying fast! AGH! *ahem* Eheh, sorry about that. :cheeky:

punkie90
December 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM
Well, What wpuld be good, is if the star pokemon was some one other than just pikachu. It's not that I don't like pikachu. But it gets annoying!

shep
December 23rd, 2003, 01:45 AM
The show makes me hate pokemon, although im probably considered too old for pokemon, I enjoy the game and role playing, the show is so kiddy and Ash barley trains his pokemon and their super strong winning all the time, and its all "lets be friends", did i mention he wins all the time, and the episodes always have the same formula! Oh no TR actually caught pikachu, Pidgeotto (coolest pokemon ash had why did he get rid of it?)/Noctowl/Tailow go search for them and come back....bird pokemon comes back howling the group follows then pops the rocket ballon by having one of the said pokemon flying through the balloon, I say more misty/brock battles (which really wont happen with AG), forget Ash I hate him....

orange*berry
December 23rd, 2003, 01:59 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally like childish cutesy things, and Pokemon isn't likely to change any time soon. n.n()

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 07:00 AM
I know that. But our protesters point is that... We wish it would change. But becausee it won't we will just quit watching it!

Arore
December 23rd, 2003, 09:29 AM
Well, What wpuld be good, is if the star pokemon was some one other than just pikachu. It's not that I don't like pikachu. But it gets annoying!
Well I have nothing against Pikachu. I mean, come on, it's cute and powerful. But after screaming 'pika pi' fifty times straight for every episode, you start to get ticked. But still, you gotta admit it's cute. :D

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 01:35 PM
I know! But it would be good if like abra was his start pokemon * i love abra *

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 01:38 PM
Tradition can't be surpassed Punkie. It has to be the starters... that's why they called them starters!

(If the starter has to be Pikachu, it has to be in a certain situation... ie... Yellow's Pikachu - It was once Red's and it was injured and managed to go back to Pallet Town... O.O)

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 01:48 PM
I know they can't change but change is good!

Arore
December 23rd, 2003, 01:51 PM
Well, Oni Flygon has a point, Punkie. Pikachu naturally is a starter Pokemon, as are Charmander, Bulbasaur, Torchic, and all the other starter Pokemon. I mean, if your point is that he should have gotten a different Pokemon, then shouldn't everyone else including Gary not have starters but instead Pokemon that they must catch without the aid of a starter? Whoa, hold up, I'm confusing myself... :confused:

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 01:54 PM
i know. But I'mtalking about the show! LOL! not the games! Call me PK!

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Games- show... the same thing... now, if they catch a Pokemon before they had a starter like in the manga (Red has a Poliwhirl before his Bulbasaur, Gold has an Aipom before Cyndaquil), it would make sense

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
Well. I just wish some trainers, like ash would have a bond with non starter pokemon!

Arore
December 23rd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Well, I suppose some Trainers are like that. Take Brock for example: he didn't have a starter, and neither did Misty, Tracey, or any other people. But then again, that only applies to the fact that you want to go on a journey to become the World's Greatest Blah-blah-blah.

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 02:27 PM
Ya, but if they had a starter the pokemon people would prabaly like there starters the most!

igtica
December 23rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally like childish cutesy things, and Pokemon isn't likely to change any time soon. n.n()
I agree with Orange. Besides most of those original comments did seem a little dated. Squirtle, Bulbasaur don't travel with Ash anymore. As for starters, everyone has their own opinon on what they would have wanted, it's going to happen in any community due to differing tastes. I think Pikcahu represents a starter that fits quite a few appealing features, and therefore was a good choice. I'm glad they didn't choose Jigglypuff as Ash's starter (as they thought about), and I'm glad they switched from Clefairy 3 days before the release of Pokemon, I just don't think it would have of worked as well.

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
I thin pikachu stay as they star pokemo because if they change that, they will have to think of another reasonn for TR!