• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: after you make a new thread...

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • this forum automatically brings you to the thread you created when you create it, my suggestion is either not to bring you to your own thread, or that first time you view it doesn't count towards the number of views.. because when it brings me to my thread and I return to the index it already says 1 view, which I kinda pointless because I already know what is in the thread, because I created it... my first view shouldn't count toward the views or it shouldn't automatically bring me to the newly created thread...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You're really concerned about view counts? Who cares how many times a thread is viewed?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nick, in some areas, views are kind of important. Fan Fiction comes to mind here. I don't know if that's the section he's referring to here though, but I do agree with Nick. Majority of the sections here, view count doesn't matter too much. Only place it really does matter is Fan Fiction, as far as I know.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Speaking as a moderator of FF&W, I haven't heard any complaints about view count there either. Maybe once a few years ago, but after the explanation as to why the view counts don't mean anything, it was fine. In recent times, no one cared about view counts in FF&W.

So, really, I'm wondering what the big concern is with view counts as well. It's not a big deal, really.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've never ever looked at a view count on a thread. @-@ Except I think once on my poetry thread.

It's easy to just assume that your view count is off by 1, I mean 1 view count isn't going to kill you. But anyway if it's possible to make it so that's a setting you can turn off, or if it's the same IP the view doesn't count, I wouldn't mind that. But I would hate it if they took away the redirecting altogether, I use it.

Back