PDA

View Full Version : They see me trollin'

shenanigans
September 11th, 2011, 04:13 AM
yes i got the title off igiko's thread sue me

Be honest here. Have you ever trolled any forum you've been a member of, PokéCommunity or otherwise? What was the outcome; did you get banned, leave, or become a genuine, good member? Are there any specific incidents you'd like to tell us about?

Overlord Drakow
September 11th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Awwww hell yeah! The forum I trolled the most back in the day was DuelistGroundz. I've had a couple of suspensions from there. The worst one lasted a week and it was due to the following;

Admin: The imperfections of procedure may unfortunately get in the way of testing that - you'd better hope they're able to salvage all of your nerves.

Tranny: Yeah, I've heard the operation can turn out very very badly. Luckily my doctor is very skilled and has a great reputation for success. Still, very scary.

Me: Hope leads to disappointment.

Admin: overuse and use in uncalled ways lead to punishment. (I get a warning here which is basically a suspension lasting half a day or something.)

Tranny: Quotes my post and responds with

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6863/overlorddralolcow.jpg

Me: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even then, that picture is far more attractive than you could ever hope to be.

Admin B: Do you really think coming back to a thread that got you suspended and flaming the OP is a good idea? (One week suspension)

------------------------------

Good times DGz! My catchphrase has been censored on DGz now obviously due to the vast overwhelming power in such a statement.

Captain Fabio
September 11th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Oh yeh, I have trolled a lot back in the day; including PC.

"or become a genuine, good member?"
I hope I have! XD

Mr Cat Dog
September 11th, 2011, 05:12 AM
I've trolled websites with comment sections, always anonymously, but not ones with forums, where you have to register. I don't have the courage to do stuff like that, unfortunately.

Kevin
September 11th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I've never trolled a website, unfortunately. I dunno the point of it, but whatever.

Truality
September 11th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Teeheehee, I've trolled a lot. Not on PC, though.

I usually troll when there's the tolerance for trolls; namely, in MyMGN I'm the number two troll of the community, but I'm also head global moderator, and it's such a big site. That's because, there's a section in that forum where trolls frequent, and it's acceptable, post count doesn't increase and people can get away with trolling others-because you're not getting any serious responses if you post on that section. Other than that, I keep a sincere stance about my job and do not troll anywhere else.

Gold warehouse
September 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
I used to troll many places. It gets boring though.

Contrary to what some believe, I don't consider anything I've done on PC as trolling. I was just over the top at times.

Shiny Celebi
September 11th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Ive never trolled forums.I dont want to its a waste of time. Ive been trolled though.

Pyrax
September 11th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I've only trolled around 4 forums (for the fun value, I targeted forums aimed at middle aged people), and I was banned within three days on all of them.
I started off by being an ordinary newbie, then on the third day, I post something incredibly offensive and/or disgusting.

This was a few months ago.

Aquacorde
September 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I've never trolled anywhere. At least, not intentionally... I just don't know how tbh.

Mew~
September 11th, 2011, 09:18 AM
This is pretty much my first forum to be honest, others just haven't appealed to me as much. But yeah, from what I can remember I don't think I've trolled here before. xD;

Tapioca
September 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
SUING U.

I just troll around in general. Only if people set themselves up for it though. I'm too lazy to take steps towards upsetting someone. Also, it's just plain mean when you set someone up for a trollin'... and you're not anon. IT DOESN'T WORK ON PC.

The only time I actually went out of my way to troll a forum was when I joined a forum that Forever made YEARS AGO with a couple of friends. We would make threads with drawings we did on MS paint of asian stereotypes and beautiful landscapes(i.e. grass and a tree and a stick person), and have rap battles and... Yeah we all got banned ):

Crimson5M
September 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I love trolling =D

I used to troll a lot at Pokemon Hackers Online, mainly because I didn't get on with the admin. I would change my sig to things like "**** PHO!" and stuff and I would start flamewars in threads, and get banned a lot. Then one day I corrected the main admin's grammar and got perma-banned. But then we talked it over on MSN and I was allowed back.
And until a couple of months ago (but ONLY because I'm waiting for my infractions to clear up) I trolled Serebii a lot. Not too long after I joined SPPF, I was yelled at somebody because they said in their sprite shop that recolouring Pokemon to pink, and also splicing Pokemon with Pidgeotto, was their idea and people needed permission to do it and I said I was going to do it anyway because I shouldn't need to ask them to change a sprite's colour. I then posted a pink Altaria on their profile and got an infraction for it, which was just stupid. Not so long after, I posted a thread in their version of Other Chat about the false flagging on youtube last year. Most of the posts were things like "cool story bro" and "omg wut", and a lot of these comments came from staff members too. I was then given an infraction for that thread. So then for a while I just ignored Serebii, and then one day, after making my current account here, I decided to make a new account at Serebii, called CrimsonFireworks. One day I was bored and was on the SPPF battling league's Xat chat, when someone linked to a member and was calling them a n00b and stuff. The person saying this was one of my first friends when I joined Serebii (one of my first friends on the internet in general actually) so I went to the other guy's profile and sent loads of SPAM VMs. I then went to his RMT and noticed he had a Jellicent with Energy Ball, so I posted saying something like "omg u cant use that ur not somalia". Then I went back to his profile to SPAM some more, and noticed his profile picture was a picture of himself. So I copied it into paint and drew a pirate hat and eyepatch on it, then posted it on his profile. :D
The next day, I logged on to Serebii to find out that my CrimsonFireworks account had been banned, as, unbeknownst to me, alts were not allowed. So I was back to my altariaking account. >_>
A few days later, I saw that there was a staff contact section. Pissed off at SPPF, I decided to go SPAM it and stuff. I quickly made an enemy of one of the staff members, Ellie. I would correct her grammar and stuff, and say that SPPF's system is stupid (which it is, you get infracted for pretty much everything and some high ranking staff members get banned and then get their position back just like that), so I got tons of infractions for it. I then went with my ultimate trolling-thingy of all time...
A MASSIVE TROLL THREAD.
I saw that there was a thread in their version of Pokemon General where locked topics were posted. I wanted to get a thread in there, so I posted a thread saying something like "Testing out the locked topics thread", and then a bunch of people came and started posting SPAM and everything. I think it got to like 8 pages before the thread was deleted, and sadly not moved to the other thread. I pissed of a lot of members though, and they ended up getting infracted for things they said to me. Afterwards, I posted a thread in the Staff Contact section saying I was sorry and stuff...not really though they deserved it lol.
Trying to think of more stuff, will update later. Because yes, there is a LOT more ;)

Cassino
September 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I don't troll at all, what comes at the expense of others is not my kind of enjoyment.

Alice
September 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I troll all the time. lol

I've never crossed the line enough to get in trouble though.

Talli
September 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Guilty charged I used to troll a lot of other forums I was a member of

Kelp
September 11th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't even know where to being when it comes to trolling. >.<

Sammi
September 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I am too honest and kind to troll, as much as I reaaaally want to try someday (not on PC though, obviously). It's really just not in my nature to rile people up and lie excessively. I can't even prank people irl properly; I wouldn't be able to troll effectively to save my life. Can't see that changing anytime soon. -_-;

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I was notorious for trolling back in my first forum, also trolled a lot on my second one as well but I was well liked for it, on this one though no because trolling most of the time is too boring for me to bother very much nowadays.

Alli
September 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I got permission from a staff member at one forum to join just for trolling and calling out a member there that used to be a member here (he's banned now though lolz). It was funny. I was the...oice of the people, one might say. TEE HEE HEE!!!

22sa
September 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Nope, I don't like making lies look like the truth

Some trolls produce quality work and are worth watching though

Alley Cat
September 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I signed up on a Christian forum with the name Lucy Fer, trolled around there for a bit. I have a troll account on Facebook, but I usually just troll on my actual account haha.

God
September 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Some people might argue that my entire time on PC could be regarded as one terrible troll, but in my opinion, not all of my time here has been a troll. I think I can count this year and most of last year as my 'community service', making up for my past as drama starter, though most not intentionally, but a drama starter. I believe I'm a good member nowadays though, lol. A better member.

As for other forums? I've dabbled with trolling, though not to any success. I just joined in when other people were doing it and had some fun, no serious trolling.

PlatinumDude
September 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I haven't trolled a forum before, but I think I remember being accused of trolling Smogon.

Osiris
September 12th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I've never trolled anywhere on the internet, as I don't really see any point to it.

I'm also on the fence about it. Sometimes I find it amusing when you can tell that someone is trolling just to anger another user. However, I hate the kind of trolls that almost blur the line between trolling and their real opinion, because there are always a few people out there that would actually believe the words that are being said, even though most have are strongly opposed to what's being said.

King Gumball
September 12th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I trolled Serebii a bit when I first joined years ago, but not since :3 only ban I received there was breaking the sig limit XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 12th, 2011, 04:45 AM
No, not yet... I have, however, contemplated going back to Serebii and trolling the fan fiction section there to get even with some of the cyberbullies that lurk there. I'd like to post threads with inappropiate names that actually contain rambling, incoherent run on sentences filled with grammar errors that talk about the lodging choices in Fredericksburg, Virginia, such as:

helo im travelin to fredriksberg va next week is the rammada there agood motel okthxbye

But it's too hard to intentionally use bad grammar and since I haven't logged on there in so long I want to keep up the impression that I'm dead... or in jail. So I never bothered to troll back there.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
September 13th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I still don't know the definition for trolling but I guess I've never trolled (even though I don't know the definition for it? ='D)

vaporeon7
September 13th, 2011, 04:07 AM
No, I don't think so, that doesn't mean I haven't been accused of doing it to real life people. I'm still not 100% sure what it means though.

Melody
September 20th, 2011, 12:29 AM
...I troll. But not PC. I don't have to troll PC...just being here on PC minding my own business and pretending not to hear, including ignoring people who just piss me off, is enough for some people to think I troll. xD

In reality, I don't generally troll often and when I do it's because I have a justified reason for it. 9/10 times if I'm trolling, I'm on a defensive stance and I'm trolling the troll off my lawn. Of course...I have the potential to be a rather persistent troll, but I'd rather not troll...it's usually a waste of a great deal of things.

Noah Ridgewood
September 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
ehhh, yeah. i troll people sometimes. i troll a lot more in real life than i do on the computer, though. it's entertaining to see some people get mad, i won't lie. contrary to what i said in the past, i don't really find internet trolls to be much of a serious problem. they're just having some fun and aren't really trying to harm anyone in particular and they can be really entertaining sometimes. unless that's all that they're doing, in which case they should probably find a better way to spend their time. at the same time, people who take them too seriously need a little break from the internet, i think. i actually find most trolls to be very intelligent, witty, and quick thinking. especially ones that can do it borderline.