• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry for the absence

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Hello PokéCommunity, it truly has been a while since I've had to introduce (or, in my case, re-introduce) myself to such an active community. It's weird to think that, after such a long time of being an active member - different circumstances that affect your life can lead to you to do things the wrongs way, e.g. disappear without a word of warning to those you consider friends.

In case you're reading this and are confused and/or forgotten who I am then that's is perfectly fine. In fact, that really should be the feelings you have considering the previous circumstances of my disappearance. Firstly, my name is Muyiwa. Or Mooji. Or Moony. Or just about any derivation of my name you can think of, except Tobi. Only a certain few are allowed to call me Tobi. Anyway, I've been a member here for about three years now? (I think it may be more but I really can't remember it off the top of my head) And in those three years I was a very active member and I made some really amazing friends. In case you've checked this accounts join date and realised that I registered on May 6, 2011, and not three years ago, that's because I went under a previous username called Serene Grace before re-registering under the alias Zaspien when I came back from an absence at that period.

Anyway, that's by the by. As I was saying, my name is Muyiwa, I'm a 16 year old teenager who currently resides in the United Kingdom and, as of this time, I'm currently in sixth form college studying Maths, English Language, Computing and Business Studies. The reason I first left PokéCommunity was actually because I was embarking on my GCSE exams which would allow me to enter sixth form (as long as I obtained the correct grades) and I couldn't manage the time between my job on PokéCommunity (I was a Moderator of a fantastic forum called Pokémon General), and studying. I was really scared that I wouldn't pass my GCSE's so I basically quit as a moderator and focused all of my time on studying. In large, this was probably too much as I think I would have obtained the grades I did without the absence from PokéCommunity. At the end of my GCSE's, I finished with 12 A* - C grades with 8A's and 4B's. That was much better than I was expecting and was more than enough to get into college.

I then decided to re-register on PokéCommunity, my beloved forum so I could re-gain my activity and maybe even talk to my old friends. While I stuck with that plan for maybe a week or two, my activity slowly dwindled to nought. Why? Well, it was my last year of secondary school and most of my friends were moving on to different colleges. I needed to see them for the last time so most of my summer was spent hanging out with them and I randomly disappeared again. So, that's my excuse. I know it's not worth it and I know leaving randomly was stupid but I felt I had to do it and now, looking back at things, there are so many decisions I would have altered.

However, school has now begun and I have loads of free time for PokéCommunity again. My A-Levels are designed in such a way that I can keep on top of my studies no matter what (free periods spent studying in the Library means that I only do minimal work at home) so most of my free time is spent doing things that interest me and posting actively on PokéCommunity is certainly one of them. To my old friends, all I can say is: I'm sorry I left without a word. If you accept my apology and still want to chat, hit me up with a VM and we shall catch up.

If you don't know me but still want to chat (because you think I'm an awesome-ly amazing person :P), feel free also send me a VM. I'm into: video games (various types of genres), music (pop-punk, rock, a lil' bit of hip-hop), computer stuffs! (software, hardware, programming), Pokémon (I <3 the anime and the video games) and random chit-chat! If you want some other way of contacting me, then feel free so tweet at me! I check Twitter all the time and is probably the best way to catch me overall on-line. I plan on staying this time and if you don't take my word for it, let my activity do the talking. Anyway, that's about all I have to say so I guess I'll see you guys around?

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    Ah, another Briton! Huzzah, for the interwebs shall yet be conquered!

Anyway, that is one heck of a read, but then, the more we know about you, the more we can exploit the more we can be friends! (Shifty eyes)

Your GCSE results are fantastic, congratulations- I'm on track to do similiarly well and it's always nice to know that it is, in fact, possible and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Although I can't fathom WHY you'd choose Maths and Computing... But that's just me, right? Anyway, welcome back, Muyiwa (I LOVE YOUR NAME!!) I do hope to see you around because you seem like a fairly epic person.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey!! You're back! and just recently I didn't know you were known as Serene Grace... xD

Yeah, I remember talking to you before. I'm glad you finally found the time to return here to PC. I'm sure most of the members here totally missed you! Things may have changed for you so take your time looking around. Hope you stay active, okay! :)

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Ah, another Briton! Huzzah, for the interwebs shall yet be conquered!

Anyway, that is one heck of a read, but then, the more we know about you, the more we can exploit the more we can be friends! (Shifty eyes)

Your GCSE results are fantastic, congratulations- I'm on track to do similiarly well and it's always nice to know that it is, in fact, possible and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Although I can't fathom WHY you'd choose Maths and Computing... But that's just me, right? Anyway, welcome back, Muyiwa (I LOVE YOUR NAME!!) I do hope to see you around because you seem like a fairly epic person.
    More tea and crumpets for everyone! Anyway, thanks for the congrats on my results - I was really proud of them, too.

Maths and Computing? I'm really weird because I can't describe myself as a 'numbers guy' or a 'words guy' but those four subjects which I said in my original post are the ones which interested me the most to study in A-Level and I really am enjoying the challenge of learning them.

Thanks for liking my name - it certainly is unique and I also hope to see you around you also-just-as-epic person!
    Hey!! You're back! and just recently I didn't know you were known as Serene Grace... xD

Yeah, I remember talking to you before. I'm glad you finally found the time to return here to PC. I'm sure most of the members here totally missed you! Things may have changed for you so take your time looking around. Hope you stay active, okay! :)
    Yeah I don't really like to disclose that information just for personal reasons but most of my real friends found out when I came back anyway so it was kind of pointless.

I also remember talking to you (we chatted about theme parks a few times, if I recall correctly) and I've been looking around most of the forums and things, generally, seem to be the same which is a good thing for me!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

;A;

Muuuuuyiiiiiiii ;u;

We've missed you!

Good to see you back around, and this was so.. random. XD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I know I'm 6 days late but this was recently brought to my attention. Welcome back! We don't know each other but I remember seeing you around in my nooby days. And congratulations on your grades...I think. I'm not familiar with the British (I assuming again) grading system.

Back