• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #21 - Favorite City

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pokémon General Poll #21 -Favorite City

Undella_Town.png

Maybe you have a certain attachment to a city because of its technological advancement abilities, or you just enjoy the peace and quiet. Whether or not you want to live there, every fan has a city that they would consider their favorite. What's your favorite and why? What makes it different from all the other cities? Would you enjoy living there, or is it something you just love from afar?​

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • SLATEPORT! <3 It's a bustling port city with a wonderful outdoor market and lots and lots of boats and really nice beaches, as well as having some of my favorite music in the game. Also, Aquatic Museum! :D Makes me think there's research facilities and such there too so that's awesome~ I would love to live there!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am in between three Ecruteak, Fortree, Sootopolis.

Ecruteak has the homely old style Japanese look too it.

Fortree is a city in the trees, which is unique from other cities.

Sootopolis has a Greek feel about it, obviously considering it has the word Polis in it.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    My favorite city will always be Viridian! It is the first town you arrived after you just start your own adventure. But somehow it become the last place you visit before going to the league. Not too mention that Viridian City is an ever green place, surrounded by lush forest of the same name, Viridian Forest, home of many pokemon. Many great trainer originated from there. As I follow PokeSpe, Lance, Giovanni, and Yellow originated from there. Although both Red and Green are started from Pallet, I can count them as Viridian native. And that the only place where actual Trainer Academy been.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've said this loads of times and I'll say it again: Slateport City. It seems to have a good climate due to it being near the ocean. That, and it's also near a beach. Nimbasa and Veilstone come in close.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Umm. Blackthorn City, I think. It's nice, fairly quiet, and it's near a mountain. And they've got dragons!

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • New Bark Town - 'Winds of a New Beginning'

New Bark Town just because it's a very simple town but it has a lot of importance in the region. I do have a thing for starter towns/cities and New Bark Town seems like the most striking out of all of them - it also has the best description of any town in any Pokémon game, in my opinion.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Toss-up between three of the big cities... Goldenrod, Celadon, and Castelia. I like the action and various things to do that can only be found in the big cities, and I kinda wish your character could be from there for a change instead of some tiny place out in the boondocks.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Violet City, a place with a very nice atmosphere, both modern and antic. I seem to feel most at ease when at places such as this.

I also loved the tile featurettes they made on Violet City on HG/SS.

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
    Years
  • Snowpoint City definitely wins my vote. It's so quiet and peaceful there, I love it :3 Sure, it might be a bit chilly, but who doesn't like wearing fluffy soft hoodies and playing in the snow? (especially with pokemon) x3 It'd be an amazing place to live. Sunnyshore would be nice to visit, as would slateport, but...Snowpoint is the place for me in the end. Sitting inside, sipping hot cocoa, watching the snowflakes drift and twirl on their way down from the star-filled night sky...mmm <3

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Castelia city :: It's so big, it's pretty, it's 3D plus they sell Castelia ice cream :DDD
    Raimon city :: Elesa's gym is my favorite, the Ferris wheel is awesome <3 and the battle stadium is there too o3o

Years
  • Castelia city :: It's so big, it's pretty, it's 3D plus they sell Castelia ice cream :DDD
    Raimon city :: Elesa's gym is my favorite, the Ferris wheel is awesome <3 and the battle stadium is there too o3o

I agree with you Touko, they are the coolest cities in the entire Pokemon world.

Castelia and Nimbasa look just like real cities.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Slateport. It's a quite large, cheerful city with a port and a big beach. Azalea, Dewford, Lilycove and Cianwood are other ones I adore.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The City of Nostalgic Scents, Violet Cityyyy. Couldn't be more perfectly named! <3

The music makes it absolutely amazing. Olivine is nice too, but aesthetically, Violet City is more pleasant.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Goldenrod or Fortree. A complete contrast with city vs nature. Goldenrod seems so lively with activity, such as game corner, radio tower, gym, etc.

But Fortree has a nice appeal to it, and a bit of relaxation. Surrounded by dense forest and two rivers. The climate is also a big plus.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • The treetop city that frolics with nature.

I love Fortree City. I have always fancied a city made up of treehouses. It'd be so wonderful to live there.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Me? Personally, the vote goes to... Slateport, huh? Gotta love the feeling that the Advance games give when you get there for the first time - and be awed by everything in there. While it might be just a port city... it indeed does have a lot of things going on there. Also, gotta love the music.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I don't think I have a personal favourite city, but I've always liked Hophophop Town. If you don't know what it is, look it up. It's a city in the anime after Ash get's his Rainbow Badge and it's a pretty big city with lots of tall buildings it's not too busy, which is the sort of city I wouldn't mind living in. It's also got a few mansions on top of skyscrapers which is very cool, and it's nice to get away from the city atmosphere once in a while. :)

plsu they have the magikarp girl

Back