• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen how to evolve eevee to umbreon?

pseudovector

pokedweeb
Years
  • On my sapphire game, I have an eevee that I want to make an umbreon. It likes me and when it starts to evolve I can see that it is going to evolve to espeon. But my game clock says that it is night (10pm now). Why is it not evolving to an umbreon?

How do I get my eevee to evolve into an umbreon?

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
  • The factor is friendship. In Verdanturf Town there's a woman who tells you how much a Pokemon likes you. Eevee must really care about you in order to evo.
    Solution (the cheap way way): Equip your Soothe Bell to Eevee and go to the Route 110. Just keep cycling around (You should probably take a few eggs with you to give you a type of duration thing) then go back to Verdanturf. If the woman says your Eevee cares you for you alot now just get the l'il guy to level at the night hours your in-game clock is set to and the evo begins.

The fast way is pumping your guy with vitamins and the like for a fast friendship build. But you need ALOT of money to buy those.

Last edited:
    Years
  • He knows that. He has a problem because his Eevee evolves into Espeon right?
    Firstly you must love Eevee (like Meitanetei Isaac tell you)
    Eevee can evolve into Espeon and Umbreon in the same way but there is a difference! If Eevee's Attack is beter than Diffence it evolves into Espeon, if the Defence is beter it evolves into Umbreon so:

Eevee+friendship-attack>defence= Espeon
    Eevee+friendship-defence>attack= Umbreon

So if your Eevee is already to evolve and Attack is beter you have to give to Eevee some Irons!

pseudovector

pokedweeb
    Years
  • ~AshPokemaster~ said:
    Firstly you must love Eevee (like Meitanetei Isaac tell you)
    Eevee can evolve into Espeon and Umbreon in the same way but there is a difference! If Eevee's Attack is beter than Diffence it evolves into Espeon, if the Defence is beter it evolves into Umbreon so:

Eevee+friendship-attack>defence= Espeon
    Eevee+friendship-defence>attack= Umbreon

The umbreon/espeon selection has to do with if it evolves during night or day according to everything I read. Which is why I didn't understand why at 10pm it was trying to become espeon.

When my game clock went past midnight it evolved into umbreon.

I can't remember what the attack and defense stats were but I believe that defense was higher even when it tried to become espon since I fed it vitamins to max out EVs in def and spdef, then was EV training it in def and spdef.

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
  • ... o.o;;; The attack >/< defense theory is only for the Hitmons...

Did your Eevee just evolve? =/ 'Cause I didn't get the last part.

pseudovector

pokedweeb
    Years
  • Asher said:
    Did your Eevee just evolve? =/ 'Cause I didn't get the last part.

Yes I let it evolve into umbreon. I had it friendly enough to evolve at level 5 since I carried it around with a soothe bell while I was hatching other eevee eggs. But later when it was evolving I could see by the shape of the new pokemon it was going to be an espeon so I kept cancelling it. After my game clock went past midnight, the next time it tried to evolve I saw it would be an umbreon so I let it evolve.

I wonder what the times are for umbreon/espeon evolutions since 10pm is night time to me :cross-eye

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
  • Well it works like this ...

12 AM (Midnight) Until 12 PM (Morning) = Night.
    12 PM (Morning) until 12 AM (Midnight) = Day.

Nintendo changed their ... timetable?

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • indeed the tiometable is a little off, as i experienced the same thing. i had to wait until 12:02 am one morning to get umbreon, i wanted to be sure

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    yes, the eevee evolution thing works like that.. from 12:00 AM to 11:59 AM eevee evolves into umbreon and 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM..... just proved that when I tried to evolve 2 eevee into umbreon and espeon each hour :D

Back