• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
  • well Hi there guys :)
    i just spent ages writing a nice intro for myself and it turned out I wasnt even logged in! so since Im lazy i'll write an abridged version of that intro!

Okay... well Since i was 7 ive been a pokefanatic (not so much now, i just enjoy the games) im now quite a bit older at 19years, probably making me an old duck here but I enjoy pokemon so who cares! I just got my dsl wifi to finally work and im keen to have some fun battles, im not good at strategy, i just like to play for a break from everything else. I have got Pearl and hope to get black or white soon (which do you think is better?). I got sold a cheap dud off ebay which im pretty pissed about! so im sending it back..

my favorite pokemon on pearl is my Luxray but im struggling to get him leveled up. at lvl 76 im finding it a mission to get him any decent exp without booring myself to death! so many people seem to have lvl 100 pokies it baffles me!

Im also a horse lover, I train horses for and compete with them in showjumping events. I also go to uni and am studying to be a veterinarian :)

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
  • Welcome!

I wouldn't necessarily say you're an old duck at 19 - there are plenty of guys and gals around here at that age. I'm sure if you ever look for community members of that age you'll find at least one! I'll be around too. =3

Sorry to hear about your cheap dud. I myself wouldn't really know which is better, but I'm sure that if you want to know the exact differences you could find that with an external source like Bulbapedia - probably. I have White myself but really haven't started yet lol

And good luck becoming a vet! It sounds like something you'd really enjoy and I hope the best comes out of it.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Hi there Epona! I'd battle you, but... my wi-fi doesn't like my DS, so I can't D: Sorry to hear about the crappy game. That's part of the reason I don't trust eBay, though you can find some good things on there.
    If you're having trouble leveling your Luxray, might I recommend trading it to another game? If you have another game and DS, that is. It'll get boosted experience, and maybe if you're not as far in that game, it can help. I did that with my Typhlosion from SS, traded it to Platinum, and it got to level 100 in no time. If you don't have another game, then try beating the Elite Four. I know that may be boring, but as you keep on beating them, take more and more Pokemon off your team until eventually you can beat them with only Luxray. Hope this helped!
    *gasp* I love horses TOO! How many shows have you gone to? Did you win anything? Do you have a horse? Sorry, too many questions... I don't have a horse, though I want to get one. I've only been in two shows so far where I haven't won anything... But hey, it all starts somewhere, right?
    I think I wrote too much... But anyway, welcome to PC!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • hey guys, thanks for the welcome :)
    glad to hear im not the only oldie, i just get so nostalgic! lol

thansk for the tips too guys, I moved my Swampert over from saphire and he is leveling fast, guess i'll just have to be patient with my little luxray and keep doing the E4.

and olih, glad to see another horse lover! I currently have one horse, I used to have another (my first one) but he passed away this year :( but yeh been competing for a good 7-8 years. and you are exactly right! you have to start somewhere, when i was starting out i could never see myself doing what i do now, it just takes comitment and passion, i started off borowing horses from people and i learned to ride that way and now i have my own and i go out all over the place to compete, so you'll get there, if you have a dream, there is always a way! :)

and yes, Epona, from zelda of course (and the horse godess), its my other favorite game to play, so excited for the 3ds version but i need to save big time!

Zet

Years
  • Awesome, another Zelda fan and a Luxray lover <3

Welcome to PC and actually you would be considered young here since some members are 25+ years old :P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yep, 19 isn't soooo old around here. I'll be 21 myself next month. :D

Sorry to hear about your first horse passing away, dear. ]: I'm sure that was rough for you. But hey, it's great that you're out there doing what you love to do! You're right, it just takes passion and drive. Now if only I could muster up some of that...

Welcome to the community, Epona. I'd go for Black version, because, well, Reshiram is clearly best. <3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Best place to train for exp in Pearl is probably in one of those higher level rooms in Turnback Cave, or just challenge the E4 over and over. I'm welcoming you by giving you advice lol. And 19 isn't that old here really. I'm 19 also, but there are people here far older than I.

Oh, and don't listen to Hiidoran. Get White. Petilil is the greatest Pokemon ever. Forget Reshiram. Legendaries are for nubs. :3c

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
    Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity!! : )

I like your sig..

Cradily is epic o-o

Years
  • thanks guys :)
    and yeh well im not quite sure who petili is yet, i hardly know any of the new pokemon since i havnt played the new game yet :\

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Get Whiiiiite, it's so much better. : D;

Anyway, welcome to the forums! I think it's amazing that you do horse-riding. Must be really fun. o3o
    Ahah, to be honest, your username attracted me to this thread. xDD;;

Years
  • thanks and yes it is heaps fun, being one with an animal is the best feeling :)
    im glad there are so many horsey people on here! but its because of uni and horses that i probably wont be as active on here as most, but id love to squeeze in some wifi battles when i can, i figured out how to put my FC in my sig now :P

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    well Hi there guys :)
    i just spent ages writing a nice intro for myself and it turned out I wasnt even logged in! so since Im lazy i'll write an abridged version of that intro!

Okay... well Since i was 7 ive been a pokefanatic (not so much now, i just enjoy the games) im now quite a bit older at 19years, probably making me an old duck here but I enjoy pokemon so who cares! I just got my dsl wifi to finally work and im keen to have some fun battles, im not good at strategy, i just like to play for a break from everything else. I have got Pearl and hope to get black or white soon (which do you think is better?). I got sold a cheap dud off ebay which im pretty pissed about! so im sending it back..

my favorite pokemon on pearl is my Luxray but im struggling to get him leveled up. at lvl 76 im finding it a mission to get him any decent exp without booring myself to death! so many people seem to have lvl 100 pokies it baffles me!

Im also a horse lover, I train horses for and compete with them in showjumping events. I also go to uni and am studying to be a veterinarian :)

Welcome to the forums! Pokéfan since you're young, huh? I think you'll be a great fit at PC. :P Oh, and battling and stuff... feel free to check out the particular section for it. I think lots of people would have fun with you! :D

Have fun around the forums, and I hope to see you again.

Back