• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rugged Mountain

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • From Serebii.net
    A new Dream World expansion has been leaked by the Korean official site. This expansion is called Rugged Mountain and acts similar to the other areas; Pleasant Forest, Spooky Manor, Windswept Sky and Sparkling Sea. This expansion is set on the mountainside and contains Pokémon such as Larvitar and various new items. In addition to that, it comes with a new mini-game where you control a Sableye and have to collect various gems in order to earn the Pokémon. New furniture is also brought with this, focusing on a space theme. This Dream World expansion goes live on November 16th and is accessible to all players via the Isle of Dreams. We'll bring more, including international confirmation, as soon as possible
    ruggedmountain.jpg
    gemgame.jpg

So with this new addition to our Pokemon Dream World locations:
    Are you pleased with a mountain Dream World area?

What Pokemon do you think will be in Rugged Mountain?

What items/furniture do you think will be made available?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the idea tbh, it's always nice to see new DW areas. I dunno what type of Pokemon would fit there though, Donphan/Ursaring...? So would lol if Ditto is found there!

Oh and idk why Sableye is there since I don't think of Sableye as a mountain Pokemon, lol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It seems like a nice addition I guess. Pokémon? Eh, probably a few rock Pokémon and mountain based Pokémon.

Oh and idk why Sableye is there since I don't think of Sableye as a mountain Pokemon, lol.
    I think it's something to do with it's gemstone-like eyes, it seems to be mining in that mini game or something.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Are you pleased with a mountain Dream World area?

Sort of, it brings more variety, but along with that it will make it harder to get the areas you want. I already have a hard enough time getting all the Pokemon from the water area. I've gone over a week without getting Sparkling Sea once. :( So obviously, I think it's great but I'd like to see them let you choose where you go especially if they keep releasing new areas.

Typical mountain Pokemon. Mostly Rock and Ground, some Steel.

Looking through a list of those types, I don't see many useful DW abilities. I'm only really looking forward to Sand Force Dugtrio and Justified Lucario. Camerupt with Anger Point could be pretty interesting. Force a crit with Ice Breath or something and unleash a +6 STAB Earthquake in a Double/Triple battle in a single turn, oh lawd.

Tyranitar gets Unnerve, lol.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to the new area because I collect DW Pokemon (136/144)
    As for Pokemon I'm not sure :\ but I am eagarly awaiting the release of the list :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I always knew that they were going to develop some new areas for the DW. It's only a matter of what they're going to have it based on. In this case, it was a mountainous area.

But... the Spooky Manor has only been here for a little over a month, so I haven't gotten that much out of it. Still, the Rugged Mountain sounds like a nice place to explore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just updating that it's been confirmed that Burmy, Cacnea, Mankey, Spinda, Torkoal, Skoropi and Rhyhorn are found there. Any of those sound interesting to you guys? 'cause other than the last one I really don't care for them. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I played through with Black and White (aka two different accounts) and got Hippopotas on Black only because it was a female, but really, idk the selection there seems kind of interesting but Pokemon don't appear that often so it's like "APPEAR ;__;" idk I've found more items there than anything. I also found Magnemite and Burmy and something else useless and Larvatar ALL MALE. :(

Oh and after playing the Sableye game - I hate it. Drawing the V's is really hard. I mean I get the concept but I keep missing out on drawing V's correctly SINCE I suck at drawing overall anyway so just imagine the fun I have with drawing V's. :x

Also the music for this area sucks. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There is :x But it's true the encounter rates seem a lot lower there compared to Spooky Mansion (such high rates there!) Just keep looking and you'll find something, but after going to the areas like 5 times Pokemon stop appearing SO beware.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I like the idea tbh, it's always nice to see new DW areas. I dunno what type of Pokemon would fit there though, Donphan/Ursaring...? So would lol if Ditto is found there!

Nica you know that Sableye lives in caves and such right, lol.

Also I see a Larvitar, but you really shouldn't want any other ability than Guts on Larvitar >__>

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • I haven't gone to the Rugged Mountain yet because lately I've been attempting to RNG (only did two successfully) and so I have to wait 24 hours for my c-gear to recharge its energy. Bummer...
    I like that they're finally giving out Rock, Ground and Fighting-types, can't wait to start collecting them :D
    I'm really pleased at the fact that they've made evolution stones available in this new area, meaning I won't have to mine them Giant Chasm - yay!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

• Oh and after playing the Sableye game - I hate it. Drawing the V's is really hard. I mean I get the concept but I keep missing out on drawing V's correctly SINCE I suck at drawing overall anyway so just imagine the fun I have with drawing V's. :x

Oh god, THISx10. It fails to recognize my Vs most of the time and I end up failing. It's like Brain Age all over again. Ugh..I hate it. Even if you get past the V parts you have to draw triangles and Zs. AS IF Vs WERENT HARD ENOUGH

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Are you pleased with a mountain Dream World area?
    I was never to found of the Dream World in Pokemon but it looks good

You know the usually Rocky Pokemon such as Onix, Geodude, Roggnerola, Boldore etc.

What items/furniture do you think will be made available?
    Rock table, Stone chairs etc.

:t354:TG

Back